Who was the more interesting character?

Who was the more interesting character?

nope not happening
both have their merits

Reinhart by far.

Lelouch's whole character was written to pander to teenagers. The whole of Code Geass was, which is why it's so stupid.

Reinhard of course.

This.

Rienhart was more interesting and was a betters written character. However I'd say Lelouch was more entertaining on a scene by scene basis.

It makes me wonder how different Lelouch would be if Geass had the runtime of LotGH.

That's a big ship

Pretty much this.
Reinhard was better written and all but Lelouch was simply way more entertaining and fun to watch.

Since Lelouch is a forced edgy piece of shit, answering this question is pretty easy.

Reinhard is trash

For you

Reinhard

Lelouch.

Lelouch by far

Reinhart's whole character was written to pander to homosexuals. The whole of LOGH is, which is why it's so stupid.

>Reinhart's whole character was written to pander to homosexuals.
You say that as if Lulu was not.

Lulu?

Who ruined their corresponding character more, Kircheis or Nunnally?

Lelouch is more interesting, but Reinhart is the better character.

>Lulu?
Did you even watch Code Geass?

Lulu was homo as shit user.

What do you think he an Suzaku were doing for a large proportion of the time at the end of R2?

Both of them are interesting in their own ways and their respective series had different goals as well as target audiences in mind.

Reinhard is a very good character, to be sure, although he's literally Alexander the Great in Space with less flaws (not nearly as much of an alcoholic or sexually active).

Which is alright by me, since that works fine for Legend of the Galactic Heroes. The series was based on a lot of politics and military at least indirectly derived from real history.

Lelouch was closer to what would happen if Char Aznable met Light Yagami in terms of archetype, but they still gave him an interesting characterization.

He wasn't really interested in conquest or politics for its own sake, since Code Geass was more about his internal struggle and his external rivalries,

Either way, I think they're appropriate for their contexts. If you tried to switch them around, then you'd also need to alter the surrounding context as well.

They're both good characters, but Reinhard is better than Lelouch since he's slightly closer to realism as an older and more experienced leader. Lelouch was much younger in comparison and that's part of the structural difference.

Lelouch and all of Geass is a joke. A glorious, extremely entertaining and well crafted joke, but a joke nevertheless. I have to go with Rainharuto-sama.

Reinhard never got over Kircheis, did he?

How did Kircheis ruin Reinhard? The way I see it his advice and memory only influence Reinhard in a positive way.

Code Geass is like an entertaining operatic musical with a few interesting themes underneath while Legend of the Galactic Heroes is more like a good Star Trek novel with greater military/philosophical ambitions. They're both fine for what they're trying to be, but you're clearly getting more mileage out of the second

He gave his nee-san the locket at the very end cause he was gonna go visit the real deal so I'm gonna say no he never got over him.

Depends on interpretation. Reinhard might have been able to truly defeat Yang and see democratic reforms happen in the Empire during his lifetime if Kircheis had lived, instead of leaving them open-ended for his successor.

Are you saying he ruined Reinhard by not being there to make Reinhard even better?

Now I'm thinking what Geass would have been like it it were an actual musical. I'm sure the Japs have already taken care of that given their love for musicals though.

Playing 5D chess?

LOGH is kind of shit in all honesty. It's like reading a book. But then you might as-well read a book, it doesn't suffice as an anime.

I agree that's it's kind of like reading a book, but that doesn't bother me at all, I was usually entertained and immersed while watching and I thought it was a good story so what's there to complain?

As subjective as this question, the answer is Reinhard.

Not really an argument.

Reinhard.

Meh, I like Code Geass.
don't even know who the dude on the left is.

This. Nobody care about obscure shit for hipsters.

Reinhard > Lelouch
LOGH > Code Geass

Both were shit compared Reuenthal

Reinhard and poor man's Reinhard.

5/10, I was triggered.

This so much.
Fucking pussy died of space aids while Reuenthal died a glorious death.

Finally an user with an eye for true greatness.

>Reuenthal died alone in a chair, remembered as a traitorous swine
>Reinhard died surrounded by thousands of admirers and even egged on assassination attempts in his final moments

I like Reuenthal - even more than Reinhard, but come on

Reuenthal died for what he believed in, and by injuries on the battlefield, the amount of dicksuckers doesn't change how glorious his death was.

While Reinhard dies young as fuck, for no reason, because of a random space illness.

I guess Reinhard was lying about seizing the galaxy then, oh well great achievement Reuenthal, your beliefs made a huge difference

>because of a random space illness.
This always bothered me.

Why? It's a lesson on how even the greatest of men are still subjected to forces beyond their control and how the universe can always find ways to alter the course of history in unforeseen manners. Or is that view precisely that doesn't sit well with you?

Pretty much.

Well, it's not bad writing then, just a difference in opinions.

Didn't say it was bad writing, just that it bothered me.

Reinhard

currently watching LOGH . reinhart does't make me lough or so i would go with lelouch

You're right, my bad. I guess it kind of sounded that way because you used the word random. Sounded to me like you were saying it had been some meaningless asspull.

Still, I'd say the story kind of turns it back on that view with that last line about humans always going for what's beyond their reach. In the end the message is not one of resignation to fate, but about the beauty of the struggle against it.

I didn't choose the word random. It was quoted.

>In the end the message is not one of resignation to fate, but about the beauty of the struggle against it.
Reinhard didn't really care by the time he died.

Well Reinhard had obtained what he wanted already. That only makes his death even less of a statement against human potential.

It's really more like watching a documentary. You could also read the transcript of a documentary, but the visual and audio aspects are important o the experience, even if the focus isn't on the animation.

That's stupid, there's no fucking reason to generalize documentaries.

The directing, the acting, the script, the soundtrack, the space 'tactics', the homolust was too obvious and they could've taken a more subtle take on it. It's like they expected their audience to be mouth-breathers by over-explaining everything. It really is a turn-off. Also it should've ended the moment Yang had won. There's literally no reason to keep it going for another 6 novels.

It could've done without the filler too. Or at least don't present filler in such an obvious way. Plenty of things wrong with this anime adaptation.

Lelouch is fun and easy to slip into his character but Reinhard is far better in every other way

Reinhard was a bit of a jerk
>Must fight tyranny!
>By the way, kill every male member of that family above age 10

anons pls...
Oberstein was the greatest strategist ever, he won every battle without even fighting them

Oberstein couldn't do shit without licking the Kaiser's boots though. Your pic very related.

whatever you say user