Reminder that if you've watched less than 500 anime then your opinion is worthless

Reminder that if you've watched less than 500 anime then your opinion is worthless.

>dropped
>0

Embarrassing.

>thinks he can give his opinion on shows he's dropped
Kill yourself back to Sup Forums

You take your animu very seriously indeed, don't you?

Reminder that if you've watched more than 500 anime series you have shit taste and tolerate watching absolute trash

Reminder that if you've read less than 500 manga then your opinion is worthless.

This

>manga
Why would I subject my eyes to cheap chink doodles when I could just read creator owned western comics?

>MAL
And yours is too.

If you "read" it in English then it's worthless regardless.

You need a life user

One thing I've been thinking about, how many anime are there that are worth watching, that can be recommended on at least some level?
Probably a few hundred, but is it as much as 500, or is that too much.

Perhaps they use "On-Hold" as their dropped category. If they don't want to admit to themselves that they are dropping something, so they keep an anime on On-Hold for a decade instead. It's a bit like that to me, I've only two that I've actually admitted to dropping (and used to have another one I then finished)

I've watched over thousands of animu but i never finished them.
>never dropped an anime
Kys

I bet your numbers are bloated with all these ovas and specials

Anime with plot, action and actual drama = about 500 TV.

Anime with no plot, drama or any real conflict of any kind = 1.5~2k

ITT : Quantity > Quality
Also OP is a huge faggot

>On-Hold
>19
Why.

This is actually fairly spot on, though I do believe it's not so much tolerating in that you just become so jaded you don't even care anymore and just regard all anime as shit because the overwhelming majority of it is so bad.

Not him but. Don't want to drop but found something else better to watch in the meantime

If we assume 1 good anime each season for the last 25 years, that would be 100 anime. To reach 500, we'd need on average 5 good anime starting airing each season, or at least 4.8, if we assume there were some watchable TV anime before the mid 90s too. Of course, it's wrong to exclude non-TV anime, but if we do it anyways.

Has there been 4 semi-recommendable anime every season even for the last 10 years?

I think the best way to count simply would be to go through every seasonal chart and note down the watchable anime.
I haven't seen enough to be able to do this for a year as a sample, but well.
Also, do we count sequels? Probably, since we are basing this of MAL. But often people exclude them.

>if we assume there were some watchable TV anime before the mid 90s too
What are you talking about? Is this bait? I legitimately don't get it.

I haven't become jaded. The opposite happened to me. I just learned how to have fun watching anime despite it being shit.

You sound really new to anime and shouldn't be making stupid assumptions. It's literally the subject of this thread. Read the OP.

I don't get the counting Anime/MAL thing. I have been Anime watching since the nineties when I was a small kid. I would feel bad listing something that I watched back when my sense of critical thinking wasn't developed yet, or that I only have very faint memories of.
I am sure there are a few shows I completely forgot about even.

Is it something for people like Digi Bro that got into anime only recently so it's easier for them to keep track on things? That sort of people?

You don't count those titles you only watched as a kid.

This desu

A good portion of the shows in my MAL are "bad" but they are still really fun to watch

You must be one of those people who hates/is not good at math because stat tracking is efficient and fun, you can also compare and contrast taste with it.

Why exactly did you think this was worth posting?

Becaue this is the MAL thread

I know there were some good TV anime before the 90s, but how great is the number really? I have barely watched any of them, so I'm no expert in the quantities, but I assume the number isn't high enough to make a great impact. At most 100, probably less, which still doesn't make any real impact when we are talking numbers like 500.

Lurk more.

I agree with you.
I'd have to track down all the shit I watched through the last 10 years. Like, who the hell even wastes so much time for this shit?
I'll rather shitpost on Sup Forums and watch some more anime.

>Zeta Gundam
>4
>Char's Counterattack
>5
Take your garbage taste back to /m/ you tasteless Earthnoid.

>Have over 3,000 completed anime
>80% of it is one episode Hentai OVAs

How much is my opinion worth?

I don't get people who "list" their anime. It's a hobby, not a fucking job. You don't go around and list what video games you've played, do you?

Patrician as fuck.

There are people that list music they listened
Fucking autistic faggots

I absolutely would do that. How else can you easily see what you've played and what you want to play? Just jot it down on a napkin?

www.grouvee.com
If you use Steam it already does that too and automatically keeps all the random statistics.

I just like stats, that's why I use MAL.
Nice, thank you.

How are you not burned out after watching so much anime?

See:

This

I use grouvee to keep track of my backlog because I have tons of games I want to beat and don't want to forget any

Same thing with anime. I have hundreds of anime I want to watch do I have a MAL to keep track of my backlog.

How is this hard to understand ?

People who don't keep a MAL are newfags who only watch FOTM trash and nothing else

Can you name 10 good TV anime from 1984?
Actually, without having seen any of them, I think I can point out like 5 that's supposedly good, or at least that may be, so if you've watched a lot maybe you can find 10 or even 15 good anime from 1984.

It's not like lurking will teach you about any of these anime though. Most of them are mentioned once or twice a year at most, and have no independent threads, only mentioned in the passing. You can lurk for years without picking up on the existence of most of the watchable 84 anime.

They like increasing numbers because they make them feel more important.

That's why MALfags are shit.

>500

fucking entry level. you must have been only watching anime in recent years

There is no year with 10 or 15 good anime.

If you've watched over a hundred then you need to tune your filter for shitty anime

>ever giving an opinion from a show you haven't watched completely

That's how you know a true retard.

Found the newshit who got into anime a year ago

>haven't dropped anything
How is that possible?

>not caring about all those sweet achievements

i bet you think zz is terrible you fuck freak

>Dropped: 0
opinion discarded

Tell me about your epenis, user.

You described me well. For fucks sake I'm still watching Pokemon and haven't missed an episode. Neck me.

>/m/
They are the main propagators of the "Zeta is good" meme.

Don't you have a ReZero thread to post in over at r/anime?

Go on now, we all know how much you love FOTM trash, newfag.

Thanks for proving my point.

I think I developed my tastes about around 200 series, I don't feel the need to watch more than 4-5 full series per season.
I actually find myself deleting old stuff from my archive cause I liked them 8 years ago but they're shit now.

Found it much harder to watch anime in university when friends constantly come around to take you out. That being said I probably will never reach 500+ anime, maybe manga.

Is it easy to forget games you've played or anime you've watched?

I always found it amazing how unorganized people are with their hobbies.
Like shit, if I didn't use Taiga and MAL, like hell I'd even be able to watch shit weekly, it would just be a pain in the ass and I'm not here to get annoyed at my hobby because I can't remember exactly what episode was last week when I'm following 15 series and some are 2 cours. Especially if I had to keep track of air dates myself for everything and download episodes manually.
I never cared to keep track of video games but I also never had a backlog, when I started to get one I had to start using grouvee or what's even the point, I'll forget stuff in a year and having them in a list somewhere means I can randomly come back later, remember I wanted to check it out and do it and don't have to spend hours trying to recall exactly what it was.

You can't develop a taste by only watching 'quality' anime. You need to watch good, bad, mediocre, fun, boring, unique - all types of shows - to know how to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Reminder that there are people who put their players on 2-4x speed so they can tick things off their MAL lists and grow their weeb e-peens.

Maybe not masterpieces of all time, but plenty of years have 10 good anime.
I've been thinking about 1998 recently, and:
-Serial Experiments Lain
-Cowboy Bebop
-Record of Lodoss War
-Kare Kano
-Cardcaptor Sakura
-Outlaw Star
-Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala
-Trigun
-Initial D
These are 9, that I know have plenty of fans. Include OVA (against the rules, I know), and you get Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou and Ao no 6-gou.
There are also TV anime that I don't know much about the quality of, but that are somewhat notable:
-Yu-Gi-Oh
-Bubblegum Crisis
-Brain Powerd
-Silent Mobius

I know 1998 is known as one of the best years of all time, but it's not the only year with more than 10 watchable or recommendable anime either.

I love ZZ.

/m/ has been forcing the "Zeta is shit" meme for the past few years. It's the most beloved entry in UC by a long shot outside of Sup Forums.

This is another reason why I prefer manga to anime. Shitty manga is less time-consuming than shitty anime.

Sort of this. I just accepted all the cliches and shit as a part of the genre, something that make anime anime. So when you are complaining about shit being average and for you it means that show is boring and you've seen shows like this already for me it means shit is watchable and if it panders to my fetishes I'm going to have a good ride. Also shitposting on Sup Forums often helps me to stay motivated watching shows.

Statistics is fun. MalUpdater do all the shit for me anyway.
Though I do have these shows I barely remember anything from that I watched less than 7 years ago.

Yes it is Redditcore

Lurking isn't only about reading stuff on Sup Forums, it's also about doing your own research.
Also, I hope you don't mind if I use a chart because I don't remember exactly what anime came from what year (for example, I thought Attacker You! was an '85 title), but sure I'll try.
1. Lupin III Part III
2. Glass no Kamen
3. Attacker You!
4. God Mazinger
5. Persia
6. Hokuto no Ken
7. Wingman
8. Princess Sara
9. Z Gundam
10. Laserion

What's your score average? If it's above 6.5 your opinion is worthless.

By virtue of needing to constantly be the opposite of Reddit, shouldn't Seed/Seed Destiny be our favorite Gundam?

That would depend on whether or not you watch bad shows.

Cat's Eye had a second season that started in 1984 according to wikipedia so that too.

I watched less than 50 anime.

This

kek it's the hipster ten year old list

lmao

How would you know the criteria of good and bad if you don't know what's the average?

>if you watch too much anime it means you're watching too much shit and your opinion is worthless
>if your score is too high it means you aren't watching enough shit and your opinion is worthless
Sup Forums in a nutshell.

>using mal after that shitty redesign

shiteater confirmed

Reminder that if your average score is above 5 you have terrible taste.

I used a chart as well, not everyone take the time to learn what season every anime aired in
Looking up the anime on your list now

By the way I think Giant Gorg and Katri, Girl of the Meadows may be worthwhile too? At least I've heard about them
MAL and Wikipedia list Princess Sara as 85 though

>If you watch mostly garbage you have good taste

>criteria of good and bad
Good luck defining objective criteria.
Also, my personal scores reflect my enjoyment of the series, not an "objective judgment"

Nobody could rattle off, or probably even write down ever game they've played or anime they've watched from memory.

Do you judge people for making scrapbooks, too?

>whether or not you watch bad shows
Considering we're watching anime, 99% of the shows you watch are guaranteed to be bad at most.

>what's pic related

Exactly, thus if you have the correct objective ratings your average score should automatically be low.

>MAL

Then why are you even wasting your time with something you don't like?

Why the hell is Sup Forums so full of Sup Forums-tier cynism nowadays?

I don't understand.

I agree with this, I'm 26 and I'm feel the limitations of my memory. The anime I watched when I was a teenager are gone. My memory of them is so poor that I may as well have not even seen them. So putting them in a giant "DONE" list feels wrong.

I know people want to measure themselves against each other, but you know those threads that pose the question "what anime/game you like to experience for the first time again?" you can kind of already do that if you wait 10 years or so.

My bad, sorry about that.
Replace Sara with then.
I've also heard good things about those two titles but truth be told I've never watched either of them so I don't really have an opinion on them.

They are that special breed of newfag and pretentiousfag.

Do not misunderstand, those are but objective-wise. It doesn't reflect my enjoyment of a show.

You MALfags are fucking autistic. Do you keep an online list of all the western movies you've watched, or all the books you've read. Who the fuck watches anime just to bring their stupid high score up? Why would you ever want to brag about how many chinese cartoons you've seen? Anime is just something to do while you relax or for fun, it is not anything actually worthwhile unless you are literally moving to Japan soon and watching it for learning purposes. Or if you're an animator or something I guess.

I don't even watch anime anymore..
My 1 under "watching" is The Big O and I haven't seen an episode in over 2 years.