Pissing Your Life Away in Video Games

Are video games a valid way of passing the time in our post-destruction society? Marriage, family, and career have been ruined, so what do you do? I know a lot of you faggots play this game too, but is it a waste of time or is there something better to do with your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNoPPeTdbAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just don't get addicted to them and you'll be fine, I used to play 8 hours a day of vidya but now it's usually 1 every other day

You're brainwashing yourself with SJW propaganda if you play video games.
Play Sup Forums instead, effect the real world.

You should do something more productive like woodworking or even gardening. Something that makes you more self sufficient. Then you go inside and play for an hour or two.

same here
I still end up playing 2 hours every evening, but it's started tapering off to 1 and a half or so
video games are still something I really enjoy, but they don't control my life anymore

>975 hours
>thinks hes some hardcore neet neckbeard no lifer

No one but you can decide if it's a "valid" way of passing the time. If you feel like shit for playing them, then it probably isn't.

Not everyone wants a family and the insane responsibiltiy that goes with it.

Just live your life like you want to, and if you're happy, that's a sign that you're doing it right.

Only play redpilled games like Deus Ex and Honey Select and you will be fine.

Since I started college I havn't found any interest in playing video games. When I first got settled into my apartment I played Deus Ex for an hour or two which was about 6-7 weeks ago, then I played five minutes of BF1 today.

Shit is boring and time consuming. I'm sticking to wasting my time watching TV shows.

I'm going to be dead in 50 years. I will play vidya as much as I want, it ain't a waste so long as I don't go full NEET and only play vidya.

>Hey guy!
>Come play my game!
>You only have to grind for 5000 hours to unlock everything!
>Better hurry, next patch we are doubling the amount of shit you need to unlock to enjoy the game!
>But, for a mere $2000 you can get everything unlocked and a cool sticker for you car!

Go read some political/philosophical books and learn how to juggle.

Worse ways to spend your time. There are also better ways to spend your time though

>less than 1k hours

>Go read some political/philosophical books and learn how to juggle.

You don't have to play those kinds of games you utter moron, you can read books and play video games sometimes.

yea they're a good way to distract from your problems, but you should limit your time playing to a couple hours a day AT MOST. You should be teaching yourself a new skill or going on walks. Use them sparingly and you'll come to realize that you don't even really like vidya. or maybe you do, but the important thing is to broaden your horizons.

>Pissing Your Life Away in Video Games
>Not pissing your life away on Sup Forums
You faggots don't even know how to raise your real power level.

Same. I think this happens to all normal guys with age.

What kind of a faggot are you if you cannot even moderate your video game habit.

They are surrogate activities.
I do think team based games help teach you how to operate as a team. All games are practice for war, goes as far as back as the earliest board games.

rank?

>t. brainlet

>Im sorry user, we are switching all servers our new game.
>You will no longer be able to log into you 15000 hour account.
>We are sorry, have one day of Premium in our new game.

casual.

used to be global but i stopped playing mm year ago because its cancer and i have one minor overwatch ban from 3 years ago (if i get another one its perma) so i switched to esea

Vidya is the easiest way to satiate the natural violent urges of being a man that stem from hunting animals and fighting rival tribes.

It should be a hobby that is kept to a minimum during leisure time. Playing it 24/7 is fucking pathetic.

I remember being 14, oh the innocence and hope.

No, instead I want to waste my life pursing dead-end ideologies because I am too much of a pussy for the real world.

I play Sup Forums since Sup Forums became a SJW cesspol.
Curing the cancer at the source.

Haha man come on, get out the god damn house

I used to log at least 30 hours a week on steam. I hardly play video games these days. I can't say my life has improved.

stop acting like you kids are cool, there are people out there with legitimate problems like me

I've used video games as an escape since I was a teenager. Sometimes it's therapeutic, but at the end of the day I think you're better off bettering yourself physically rather than just distracting yourself from reality. Life is pain, you're better off accepting the pain and striving to better yourself than hiding from the pain, in my opinion.

What the actual flying fuck
Big if true

You can only reach salvation through this.

That's a cute bird.

I have more
Ive been playing Dota 1 since mid 2000s

those about to play salute you

I regret everything.

507 days, for anyone curious.

Golf and sports are about as worthless of a past time. Sure some nfl footballers and pro golfers make a fuck ton but most people who love sports are sitting on their ass all day with a remote in hand and beer in the other. The only things to worry about with any activity in your free time is that it doesnt harm anyone and you dont do it too much. If it happens to be a movie or television or video game then so be it. MMO gaming like WoW i wouldnt recommend because games like this are designed to be super time consuming and there is no pause button.

cant help that the best people ive ever met are in this digital world and not in the real world.

>crying pepe with blurred clock

man I miss my budgie

There's nothing inherently wrong with most hobbies unless taken to self destructive excess or if one engaged in immoral behaviors to enable that hobby.

The problem with vidya is that it lends itself to becoming more than a hobby but an obsession.

Video games are something to use as fun in your free time. Look at how long you play them.

>0-2hrs a day - fine
>2-4hrs a day - find something else to do
>4-6hrs a day - you probably need a social life
>6-8hrs a day - get a job
>8-12hrs a day - maybe get some help
>12-16hrs a day - youre probably a lost cause at this point
>16hrs+ a day - mummy wishes she aborted you

>not going full neet

Gonna be real here: I play games because nothing seems even mildly achievable to me.

Everything I'd want to do is out of reach, every job that interests me is in a dwindling state and even just getting a driver's license requires me wait 3 more years at the age of twenty fucking four.

So I play vidya games, work out and fap. And I hate myself for it.

Birds are nice friends.

Exactly, the more IRL stuff you do the less you feel like playing video games anyway. When I was younger I couldn't wait for the next chance to play video games and now that I am older video games are the thing I resort to when I have fuck-else to do and then I tire of them in roughly an hour.

golf is certainly not a waste of time
it may not be very physically demanding, but even if you take a cart like a wimp you get to spend several hours out in nature, away from all the noise and overstimulation of society
it's revitalizing

My gaming PC broke down a week ago and I am honestly more happy now. It is nice to play some vidya, especially those grand strategy games, but damn does your life waste away.

Its still no more profitable than sleeping or gaming

>money is everything
whatever you say, steinberg

I haven't played video games since gameboy advance and playstation 1.

Every single person who makes an argument that video games are anything but a gay waste of time is always a faggot.

Assuming he sleeps 8 hours a day, he's done nothing but that for just over two solid years. Then again, if he leaves the game on and goes to work (heh), the number won't be representative. Maybe he's a Chinese gold farmer bot. I don't even know what dota is, so I should just stop typing.

I'd say more than an hour of gaming/day on average is degeneracy, and playing shit like LoL or other multiplayer games is degeneracy by default, because you play the same shit over and over again, there is no story, and you don't gain any skills.
>but muh competitve gaming
fuck off
>but I make money from streaming
You're making money off of other people's degeneracy.

>Playing multiplayer games to begin with

Medias are a way to make people forget about life, same thing with vidya

People that uses medias more than spending time in the real world

In the meanwhile, our countries are being overrun by "minorities" that will eventually replace us. The real purpose of that? So they can vote for the government, literally ((((((them)))))).

The real question is: Why?

(((They're))) making us dumber and dumber each generations, our education system is flawed and there is a selection going on. They genuinely make people uninterested in learning shit because of nigger culture and medias. The science is out there, but it's too late

>he doesn't want to piss away time doing VR

the future is now, faggots.

Eh. I had probably 15,000 hours in WoW back in the day.

Its a great game, but I'm glad I got over it.

I like it too, I really should go out more often.

>he doesn't have 10,000 hours on garry's mod

oh well were on our way to becoming perfect drones.

>just started going through best game ever made 2.2 hours and counting

Forgot ss

If you enjoy it, it's not wasted time. Go nuts.

What about comic books? Arent they about as awful for the mind as vidya? Id say that comic books are terrible for young boys. They are created by and made for people who are misfits and runts of society and get bullied all the time. And rather than improvinf themselves they imagine some character like them that miraculously inherits super powers and saves the day and wins the hot bitch. They spend there time looking at these graphic novels and become even more of a fay useless mouth breather later in life

As long as you can support yourself and the hobby you love then everything is all good. I view people that play video games the same way as someone who likes watching sports. They both don't really give you any practical skills, but at least it makes people's lives a little happier.

it's been a few years, it seems like they just stopped making games worth playing. was about 10 good ones before that.

ouch

i thought 300 hours was pretty bad.

I've literally spend the last 7 years playing video games. I'm NEET and live at home, my mom babies me and takes care of me. All I do is play video games, all day. DESU it's been pretty decent times. I have 5,000 hours spread across Battlefield 3,4, and 1, for example.

Lol pleb

I thought I had alot of hours played at 710.
God bless you.

>yfw SJWs were really just trying to spread vidya to minorities so they'd become virgin NEETs too

Fag. Current year and he doesn't know that the golf course is where the biggest and best deals are made. Many such cases. Sad!

If you think these losers are bad, imagine if there was some magical counter on Sup Forums that's been ticking up since you first started browsing here years ago. since it's a magical counter, It could show you your hours logged regardless of IP changes, phone posting and whatnot.

Already selling mine buddy

>more than twice my entire steam library play time.

I...

List of good video games
Skyrim
ESO
Medieval 2 total war
Hitman series (Especially blood money)
Dragon age Origins
Trine
Heroes of might and magic 3 and 5
Disciples 2
PUBG
Blood rayne 2
Warhammer dawn of war
Heroes of the storm

That's it?

Also video games are not waste of time. Time you spend enjoying something is not wasted time

normies have to go

It depends. Games with stories, goals, etc are no different than reading a novel. Games like Overwatch are degenerate because they have no purpose

honestly you do kinda learn things from them.

>furcadia
noooooooo

I have over 4000 hours in Gmod but I made some money doing videos so meh time well spent.

>PUBG good game
youtube.com/watch?v=YNoPPeTdbAE

I wonder how many Sup Forumsacks play
Path of Exile
League of Legends.

I see so many Kike references in both games.

is it any worse than tv?

>but is it a waste of time or is there something better to do with your life?
Of course it's a waste of time that could be better spend doing something else. However unless you are literally autistic you are going to need some form of recreational activity to stay sane, just exercise moderation.

Also this isn't politics, just because NeoGAF threads are being redirected here doesn't mean Sup Forums has become a self-help and lifestyle board.

i flip some on the side. and if i hadn't wasted all that time I wouldn't know which ones to sell today.

PoE is good, but LoL is trash.

So what is this? 8 hours a day since it came out?

should have never bought witcher 3 kek. can a game be too good? absolutely