archive.is/DzMe4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i hope this gets pushed irl this is hilarious

>Marissa Mayer
>Prolific
At crashing companies maybe

>Steve Jobs
>Creative
fuck off, all he ever "created" was cheap versions of hardware already in production.

I would love to see a bunch of feminist art majors solve a differential equation.

um sweetie differential equations are racist and a construct of the white patriarchy

check your fucking privilege

she just lucked being one of the very first google hires

>Dong hoon ching chong
>A woman
>Steve 'I can cure cancer' Jobs

D-do they want students to go into worthless degrees?

god

This

He stole ideas and fucked over his friends for more. He was a shit bag.

> teaching style
No research has ever demonstrated the existence of separate teaching styles for students.

>libtards trying to sneak subjective "art" that they ruined back into the subject because everyone is railing against the subjects theyve hijacked

Absolutely THIS. It's nothing but a bunch of hacks, 99% women no doubt, trying to horn in on a field where money is actually made and not laundered.

Music, math, and language are run by the same part of the brain.

The STEAM meme is about getting research funding into arts and humanities. Way more funding goes into tech subjects in colleges because they are actually useful. Meanwhile arts and humanities are withering away (at least in terms of funding for research). They want those gibs.

Marissa Mayer: failure.
Also, no research proves that "different teaching styles" work better based on halves of the brain. The whole left-brain/right-brain thing is bullshit.

This is complete bullshit.

>create useless acronym for technical degrees
>people within acronym field get respectable jobs
>non-technical people don't get jobs
>IF I WERE PART OF THE ACRONYM I WOULDN'T BE IN DEBT AND STARVING
Art major logic

The steAm meme is clearly about liberals having to ruin everything

Yes. Liberal arts degrees are cheaper to teach (less lab equipment, larger classes), and they charge the same tuition, so the university makes more money off of liberal arts degrees.
Universities are businesses run by MBAs. The admissions office works hand in hand with the university budget officers to make sure the right mix of in-state, out-of-state and international tuitions come into the budget to pay for all the subsidized tuitions for "diverse" students.

art is pretty important in shaping societies though.

At a conference before the start of the semester, some shitty she-bitch made the off-handed comment "ACTUALLY ITS HU-STEAM NOW"

>hate teaching

Yes user, art is totally importat

building design is art. without art we dont have buildings

unironically yes

Building design is architecture, which usually involves at least a master's degree and passing the AIA professional exam. "Art" today is pic related.

>differential equations
>hard

This is why we'll annex your shitty country.

and that is shaping our culture whether you like it or not, take a look around. not saying that it is good, but it does have an effect

You're confusing art with craftsmanship

You're getting into a complicated question which is how much of architecture is art and how much is engineering. Different people will give you different answers to that.

Suffice to say the practice of creating stable, functional buildings is not much of an art. The aesthetic side of it however is.

I am not saying art doesn't provide value to society. But art and humanities need very little funding in college compared to technical subjects that are pushing the wheels of the modern world. And their attempts to make shit up like STEAM to get gibs is pathetic.

same thinking

What is even the point of art school?
People are naturally talented.
Do they go to fine tune their current abilities?
If so, just fucking practice more.

Ask Hitler.

If we don't give funding to the arts, self-taught artists will take over the entertainment industry.

Is that really what you want, Sup Forums? A bunch of amateurs shaping our cultural landscape?

Maybe art education was a good idea in the 19th century when traditionalist (correct) aesthetics were still formalized. Right now art school would literally make you dumber irt proper technique. Better to be a STEMfag and learn proper pre-modern art or philosophy in your spare time.

You mean our art goes from to tumblr/deviantart tier? Actually it might be better if it became just amateur after all.

Yes. Being taught art is almost counter productive.

CALCULUS IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST TOOL, END IT RIGHT NOW

Why not let art belong to the volk rather than to the (((culture industry)))? Like said, art school is no longer teaching the representation of beauty through cultivating technique but rather is predicated on the notion of challenging society's norms. It's become cultural commentary, often rejecting whatever is good or beautiful, rather than a yearning for beauty.

They actually use Marissa Mayer as an example to follow? She was a disaster!

>Being taught art is almost counter productive.
It doesn't matter what you think. No serious animation studio will hire you unless you've gone to CalArts. Same with game studios and Digipen.

Art school degrees are necessary to filter out the talented artists from the riffraff. There's no better way, unfortunately.

I went to the University of Florida. Interestingly enough, all the international students (chinks and poo in the loos) were in engineering, chemist, or medicine, while the liberal arts degrees were all full of whites and niggers. Really steams the ol' hams.

Nobody comes to America to study liberal arts. They come for useful skills that will make them industry leaders back home (or that will get them a green card here).
Graduate engineering programs are often 80% Asian.

There was a pretty good book published last year on the subject of the ongoing infiltration of identity politics into art and how it is wrecking the very pursuit of "high" art. Called "The New Philistines".

Here's a pretty good review of it:
archive.is/DzMe4

>Nobody comes to America to study liberal arts. They come for useful skills that will make them industry leaders back home (or that will get them a green card here).
In theory, extremely skilled artists have an easier path to a green card. EB-1 >>> H1-B.

I sort of agree with this. A lot of histories greatest minds were also amateur artists, musicians, and writers. Albert Einstein was an accomplished amateur violinist (good enough that it's been said that some European nobles mistook him for a professional, not realizing he was a physicist) and credited being able to visually imagine "musical elevators" as the inspiration behind his theory of relativity. Richard Feynman loved to sketch and doodle. And then there's Leonardo da Vinci... lots of examples.

Now, I'm not saying that somebody with a fine arts degree is going to be any good at science if they're just thrown into it, but the lack of development in free/creative thinking can probably be attributed to the relative plateau the Western world has found itself in, compared to the early 20th century, in terms of scientific innovation. I don't think it would hurt for today's scientists in training to be encouraged to dabble in arts by, say, being forced to take a painting class in college, instead of other bullshit gen. ed. requirements.

I'm a musician and math PhD, by the way.

The STEM meme exists because academia is now a manufacturer of assembly line workers. The assembly line is more abstract than it used to be, but its still there.

You go to school and get a STEM degree you have a skillset to participate in this assembly line.

But art? You dont educate an artists, a person is either an artist or not. An art degree qualifies you not to produce art, but to be a critic. A history degree qualifies you not to make history, but to observe it, etc.

This is why STEM is pushed. (((education))) is not about improving society or culture anymore, its about making money. Its not about providing a place for people already talented to explore their potentials, its about pumping out components for big corporations to create money out of.

This has been known throughout the entirety of history.

Elites and Royals always had their children study a mixture of arts and sciences.

That's common. In a lot of areas in Asia (including mid east and India), people pretty much solely go into those fields, and the humanities don't really exist. My experience as an English major (going into medical field now) was classes filled with 95% dumbfuck women that clearly were in the degree due to how easy it was.

Same with Geothe and Minister Farrakahn.

>Marissa Mayer
Dropped. It was a promising infographic.

>It was a promising infographic.
Nothing in it is true. The left-brain right-brain thing is a pop culture meme.

Right. That's why all niggers are musical mathematicians with eloquent speech and a broad vocabulary.

You mean the free market?

Why not just look at the artists portfolios?

Good. Art should not be a business, it should be freely given. Anyone who charges for their work is not an artist and any company ran by executives is not capable of producing anything creative.

but that isn't true at all, its easy to filter artists it takes literally 10 seconds of looking at their work.

So you're telling me that all those crackhead niggers that play scratch offs all day (Florida's lottery funds our scholarship program) in order to subisidize upper middle class whites are actually subsidizing the foreign stem student's comparatively more expensive education who will eventually steal the jobs that white men would have had if they received preferential treat in admissions at the university that they built had women not gotten the vote and decided to give minorities and women preferential treatment, which in turn empowers the foreign students and churns out more turbo roastie SJWs who'll insist on more white tax money for the niggers to blow on scratch offs?

far out man

Ironically everything on the left is philosophy, while philosophy is still an arts degree. Dont blame stem people for not being interested in art and creative process, blame creative people for not being interested in sciences. I didn't know creativity, spatial ability, visual imagery, art (golden ratio), and music was non-existent in math and logic.

For the kind of money he made I'd do all that shit too.

thanks for bringing this book to my attention, I'll definitely be getting it

ill end ur faggot ass right now faggot

You can teach yourself art on your free time. Unless you're a fucking god you can not teach yourself a working knowledge of chemistry or physics.

Theres truth to this meme though.
Obviously the modern liberal arts departments are beyond saving, but creativity is a valuable thing.
Most of the tech "innovations" as of late are in no way beneficial, and just encourage globalization, automation, and are inherently anti-human. Do you value culture? Then you should value creativity.
>muh stem=the highest possible goal
congrats, you've resigned yourself to a future unfit for yourself and your children

Hmmm what you said actually makes sense since there are less operation and start up costs. Since Lib arts are worthless and tuition is the same as engineering, there’s a flood of people willing to pay and revenue-least costs equals dank profits. In my accounting class my lecturer posted the income statement of this university and the arts departments received as much money as the business department. Makes sense as to why they would shill it on facebook

obsession with scientific process and objective phenomena is life-denying and sterile but the consumption in narcissism, identity of "creativity" is even worse. Anyone who subscribes to either doctrine is lost

>No serious animation studio will hire you unless you've gone to CalArts
I'm not even an art major, so why should I give a shit?

True craftsmanship is art. And today this art is more important than many of classic arts made meaningless by technology.

Gentlemen, how do we destroy the faggot half of the brain?

This is HR roastie level of thinking.

>lacking comprehension so severely
>leaf
checks out.

Sure, but the university programs are fucking terrible at teaching you to do anything useful with it. And the free market shows it.

That's actually covered in Engineering and architecture, not the art department.

What do you expect? It was made by fucking art majors.

>liberal arts
>creative

That's a nice nuclear powered aerospace vehicle you have there but how will it fly if it doesn't have someone from a modern day art school farting paint onto a canvas, hmmm?

Every modern building is plane and boring anyway. Gothic architecture isn't made anymore

>marissa mayer
>steve jobs

>creative
>technical

Art is basically the purpose of life. If we institutionalize it, madness results. Let's keep the instruction to STEM and trust in human creativity to provide the Art.

Modern art is only useful for money laundering so I can see why.

That sounds fucking fantastic. The fucking hobbyists have far more artistic integrity than the current establishment.

Yes. University's are an industry now. They need students wasting their lives on bullshit to pay the Marxist professor's salaries.

Art and craftsmanship can be mutually exclusive. An artist can be a craftsman but an artist can also be a post modernist hack.

>rainbow flag

It already is. Every science education conference I have been to has STEAM being pushed instead of STEM. I don't see any actual reason for it other than dumbing down science even more than it already is. The fact that every STEAM workshop tries to sell a product to schools is simply a ((coincidence)).

My greatest achievement was never ever going to UF, Gainesville is a boring hellhole full of extreme libs and then the worst kind of hicks, and UFs politics are such cancer.