Why are harems considered to be a bad thing?

Why are harems considered to be a bad thing?

Most humans like to be monogamous

Because monogamist.

cause they are boring and cliche

Because 99% of the time they rely on the same character stereotypes and tropes. You get slight variations but rarely do you get truly unique characters, stories, and settings.

They are only bad when they turn it into romance drama despair instead of not being retarded and going for silly fun adventures.

Because 99% of the time they never leave the status quo, so every chapter is the same boring tripe. If you're lucky you'll get a forced ending where the protagonist dates the girl with the most merchandise and highest approval rating.

You mean harem as a genre or as in having multiple wives?

I have nothing against either by the way.

Because harem ends are endings where no one wins.

Nigger what? True harem ends have everyone win

/thread

A few series like Highschool DxD and Strike the Blood will have a true harem ending though.

>despair in harems

This is probably the worst thing a harem can do for itself. Drama and conflict are fine but death and despair just kill it in my opinion.

Wow, yet another tsundere, childhood best friend, mysterious loli, and soft-spoken cowtits girl

I've never seen this one before

generic and predictable.

if one girl has some sort of past with the main character then there is a 99.8% chance that she will win.

>Strike the Blood
Can't wait for the glorious OVAs.

Because they're almost always the same old shit

Also if a single girl out of multiple wins like in 99% of "harem" shows then that show is not a harem, that shit is basically a horse race

Also Harem MC's are almost always such huge fucking faggots that you can't help but want to see them getting NTR'd even if you normally absolutely hate NTR

>Yeah I love you, just as much as I love these other 5 bitches
Monogamy is best, none of the girls win in a harem ending

Is that true? I keep seeing people want to be surrounded by bitches. I'm unable to comprehend romantic love, but I don't get the impression from other people.

It's not intellectually stimulating enough for my patrician tastes in chinese cartoons.

>he believes in romantic love
>but not sharing

Personally I don't like most because a girl never wins, and the MC doesn't even do anything you'd expect a kid surrounded by lusty woman to do

Mai Ball is pretty good though since they've gone past the fucking retarded kissu barrier already

>harem
>fanservice
>football
>development
Picked up.

Some people just aren't cut out for settling with one person for a prolonged period of time, but there are many others who just want a genuine monogamous relationship and are not interested in fucking as many women as they can
The first ones are usually referred to as "alpha" but honestly if wanting to settle down with the one person you love for as long as possible, even for the rest of your life, makes you a beta, well, I'm glad I am one.
By the way, beta and alpha are meaningless concepts and anyone who unironically applies them to real life people shouldn't be taken seriously. People are too complex to be divided into two simple groups.

But what about a reverse harem?

Because waifufags always cry that their girl didn't win and bash on the main girl(who is always best girl) because they're insufferable hipsters

called real life

Not even close

No
Settling with someone you love makes you a decisive man

What's the best harem show?

Because the MC's are now beta as fuck.

Nisekoi

>brings up alpha and beta out of nowhere
>makes some kind of beta apology
>By the way, beta and alpha are meaningless concepts and anyone who unironically applies them to real life people shouldn't be taken seriously
user, I think something might be bothering you deep inside.

Cat Planet Cuties

it's b8 you dumbass

You have no clue what alpha and beta are

It did produce the worst series of all times.

World's End Harem

Believe it or not, I've seen people like that being called beta here, simply because they don't jump on every girl they see
Sorry, I should have made my point clearer. Usually alpha and beta are terms used to refer to people who have sex and people who don't, respectively. I know in my previous post I wrote even monogamous people are called beta, but that's because of what I wrote in reply to . My point is, as long as you use those words to define whether a person has sex or not, it's almost fine. The problems arise when you try to draw any other conclusion from these simple facts. I've seen many people trying to define common traits of "betas" and "alphas" (for example, all betas are nerds and fat, while all alphas are tall, fit, dumb and scumbags), but the truth is, people are too diversified, there are way more than just two sets of traits which describe their body and personality.
But anyway, this has nothing to do with the topic of the thread so I'll stop here.

Most harems are waifuwars which is just a fucking waste of time especially if you don't like the main girl.

is there a harem where the MC fucks all women

>Harem Anime
>MC fucks anyone

Show who cares but the best harem ever is Koihime Musou.

Yes.

see
Koihime Musou my friend.

Shinmai Maou comes to mind, in the next novel there will be full on fucking

DxD will have a harem end, but there's no fucking

He wasn't called MANkoto for nothing.

The one you've posted is not considered bad.

Is School Days a deconstruction of the harem genre?

It's a deconstruction of the harem MC, if you catch my drift.

>Some people just aren't cut out for settling with one person for a prolonged period of time
No one really is. Not without ample room to distance from each other.

Usually because its boring, usually follows the same tropes and jokes. More importantly whatever setting or story is usually secondary to the females themselves. Whatever interesting anything is swallowed up to focus on the web of relationships with main character.

Even when this is the focus it never gets beyond surface level and the characters just arent strong enough to make it interesting. Id legitimately take suggestions to find me a harem that wasnt flat out boring or didnt shit the bed halfway through it.

Its an example of taking a bad route in a game with a "unexpected" outcome.

Like, Harem shows or a Harem itself?

People don't like Harem shows because it's a dumb horserace most of the time. Always following the same story beats, having the same cliches, and scenarios, and most of the time, the girls are a bunch of tropes taped together, with a worthless dense MC.

As for the latter, it comes to preference. I can see the appeal of having a harem from a sexual perspective, but I cannot see myself truly loving more than one person.

Sounds just like shonenshit.

Sounds like you love haremshit and cant take criticism. I watch a bit of everything. I tend to lose interest when things srart focusing on 2 dimensional interchangeable love interests you could check off a list.

Like it really has to be funny for me to keep going. Its just boring.

You only got the childhood friend right.

Most harem MCs are garbage self-inserts with no personality, while the girls are just overused stereotypes and eyecandy; It's a genre full of terrible tropes and known for shallow narrative, but that doesn't mean you can't something good out if it.

Cause they were unable to learn from Ranma.

Because they tend to have the worst MC. Either a gigantic retarded pervert or a dense as fuck bland "nice guy".

I hate harems because they go against the very definition of harems. Having multiple wives that you can fuck when you desire such.
In most harem anime, the relationship never goes over lust, at times not even mutual.

How about reading Magika?
If this doesn't do it for you nothing will.

Although harem can stand as the main genre of a show, harem shines most when it is a side genre. Shows which are harem for the sake of harem tends to neglect other vital areas such as story, comedy, etc. For example, a harem show with action or comedy vs an action or comedy show with harem in it.

This is why genres like yuri tends to fail. If you have an entire show about yuri, it's not that great. When you have subtle,pseudo, and/or sidelined yuri, many people like it because it serves as a supplement to comedy, sol, action, hetero romance, etc. A lot of people who really like these sort of romance genres like yuri, yaoi, and harem pursue these shows mostly because of the genre and not really the other parts. They see the other genres in their shows more like supplements to their yuri/yaoi/harem genre. In other words, it is, as said before, it's x for the sake of being x.

However, harem is a special beast compared to the others. It's innate ability of requiring multiple love interests has the benefit of providing a wider selection of possibilities. Yuri and yaoi are limited because they are essentially just a gender swap. Harem however, requires multiple people/characters so you don't just get a 1 to 1 matchup. You get 1 to 5 perhaps. Even then you can have character matchups within there to add more dynamic within the romantic relationships itself.

Monster Musume main appeal is the fact that the love interests are monsters. Harem isn't the main attraction, but it supplements by giving a variety of monsters. You now have small time yuri, mff situations, a spider and a centaur instead of just a snake.

Konosuba further sidelines the genre. You have the general structure of a harem, but it serves as a supplement to the comedy. The sexual/romantic tensions is focused among the four to deliver more scenarios that can come out of the structure. It's kinda like yuri bait. It's not actually there/not prominent, but a small essence is there.

They're universally vapid.

Pandering to Islam

kek

Overlord
Ashitaba-san Chi no Muko Kurashi
my balls
Karakasa no Saien
kiss my ass
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san
Mushoku Tensei
Ranma 1/2
Sora no Otoshimono
Tsugumomo
Yomeiro Choice

Falls into the same pitfalls, moreso if you count the pitfalls it has in its own demographic. I'm sure girls would be tired of them the same as guys are of harems.

They're the first and second letters of the Greek alphabet, right?

This is the kind of post we need more of on Sup Forums.

>harem shines most when it is a side genre

I'd agree with this. Some of the best harems were in shows focused on other things, like Geass.

wew lad

If the mc is supposed to be our self-inserts, is that why no one fucks.

I watch anime shows for the girls so it kinda saddens me when they lose all their personality to become dick driven sluts

Since we're all MC, He's indecisive because we all have different picks for the MCbowl. If we all (including the writers) unanimously liked a character, maybe he'd choose someone.

Any girl can get one of those, it's called being a slut

Why not all so that everyone is happy?

Because why have a character make decisions when he can just have everything in life, that's not unfun or bland pandering at all

You're not fooling anyone Momo.

Because Polygamy is Illegal.

>not unfun
Still, if he works hard to reach that goal, isn't that also the mc making a decision?

Yoshino's Choice
Nigga fucks every, even his daughters and shite

t. beta cuck

Monster Musume

Because no matter wins, and who is happy, more people lose and are unhappy.

Because they're a cis-het male power fantasy and we don't really need this kind of shit if anime is to be taken seriously as a progressive and mature artistic medium.

Grisaia

>harem shines most when it is a side genre
My thoughts about romance in general. Just feels comfy to have a relationship slowly build up in the background.

Maou Hajimekata.

Has there been a reverse harem with a perverted FeMC?

The pretty, outgoing ones maybe. Not the average, indecisive types that just let themselves be pinballed around that are common in a lot of Otome. And definitely not the ugly gonkish types.

You can post titties as long as they're official artwork.

Wrong

Men are wired to polygamous

Women are wired to be hypergamous

A man's dream is to be in a pile of reasonably cute to stunning women who happen to be virgins

A woman's dream is to be swept off her feet by an unrealistically tall, rich, smart, deep voiced, strong, socially dominant, brooding, cocky, 10/10 adonis with a cock that shoots out chocolate on orgasm who no other man could possibly compete with

>mudslimes invented polygamy
Why did the nips do it before the religion is formed then?

Because girls are selfish bitches who will ruin the harem in order to win MCbowl.

The most tolerable harem shows have some overarching plot that takes priority over some petty cat fights. Most likely this means putting them in some sort of do-or-die survival situation, but there can be other scenarios as well. The point of sidelining the harem aspect of the show is that the girls' selfishness doesn't have a chance to manifest itself. This is also why pure romance shows with literally nothing else important going on are boring at best and absolutely infuriating at worst.

dat not the point

it is all bout the now not the then