Zaregoto

Did we have a thread already about this? Updated character designs for everyone:
zaregoto-series.com

It actually looks better than the first promo art. Not THAT good, but at least it's much better

Also Kajiura confirmed, I think.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-26/shaft-zaregoto-ova-reveals-cast-staff-theme-songs/.105809
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally just had a thread and it was awful.

> Did we have a thread already about this?
Yes
Over 500 posts

Damn, really? I missed it then, sorry.

WAT??
I haven't been here for some time? Is it getting anime? Holy fuck what happened?

8 ovas
One per month from October 26

So that mean one ova per book. Might be nice but I don't know if shaft can do it right.
Also I can finally know the whole story since fan translation is in he middle of 6th tome for years.

No. 8 ovas for 1 book.

That book isn't even that long? Is it gonna be just 10-20 min episodes? Strange thing

At 20 minutes it will be at a similar pacing to the best adapted Monogatari arcs.

OP here. The news as far as I know was around 5 hours ago. And the thread died before that. It must be a huge shitposting central. I'm sorry for making this thread so soon anons, I just want to discuss the designs I really don't want you people to experience the same shitfest again.

Probably they are going to fully adapt it. Remember Rokka no Yuusha that adapted 1 volume for 12 episodes?

It's an OVA per chapter. It's a really good pace I think. It'd be great if they go through all the books, but it'd take a while.

What happened i last thread?

And I hope they will cover all series and maybe spinoffs. At least I have reason to be alive for another year.

There is enough meaningless convo to fill up a standard episode. But look at the price of the OVA they dont look to be that long

All the designs so far seem to be very similar to the original art or based on redesigns take did at a later date.

The 3 maid anime designs are based on the middle image instead of the original designs but I don't have a better source.

The designs arent so bad, but I still want to see it in motion.

Are here any news about the cast?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-26/shaft-zaregoto-ova-reveals-cast-staff-theme-songs/.105809

>8 OVAs for book 1 alone
But it wasn't even that good.

Second one is still the best but i only read 6 so far

Hopefully they do a TV series after they finish the first ovas

I want to see the best girl

>adapted Take's designs way worse than White Fox did
>have a release schedule which is twice as slow as Katanagatari's, but for episodes which are half the length
Are Shaft PURPOSEFULLY trying to make their Zaregoto adaptation seem inferior to Katanagatari's in every way? I bet the animation quality is gonna be worse than Katana's as well, despite them taking so long on each ep and charging for them individually. I don't even usually dislike Shaft, but this is ridiculous.

> >have a release schedule which is twice as slow as Katanagatari's,
What? Fuck off

My mistake, thought Katana was biweekly. Still.

>the Mekakushitty director is directing it

Welp, there goes my hope

>All the designs so far seem to be very similar to the original art
Get your eyes checked, they're Watanabe through and through.

Katanagatari was released once a month and it seems zaregoto will be as well.

> Still.
Still what? Designs are almost 1:1

Designs are dumb, just look at this shit. Anime design looks way more generic. The episodes are still only going to be half the length of Katanagatari's. And given that it's Shaft, there's gonna be tons of stills and the animation quality will be far below Katana's. I don't mind Shaft, but Zaregoto would have been perfect with White Fox and Motonaga. Now it won't be perfect, it'll be something I'll just have to settle for, like stale bread or diet coke.

katanagatari's anime character design is bland as fuck

You're being ridiculous. The episodes are going to be half length of Katanagatari's episodes but they'll adapt much more faithfully. Katanagatari adapted one novel in ~40 minutes, Zaregoto will adapt one novel in ~160 minutes. Not to mention the scriptwriter who adapted Katanagatari is a complete hack who probably butchered it. There's no evidence the Zaregoto adaptation will end up inferior to Katanagari, much to the contrary even. Character designs aren't everything.

>Designs are almost 1:1
Who are you trying to fool? You're just going to be disappointed when the PV comes out and it looks nothing like Take's art.

Kubikiri Cycle: 381 pages
Kubishime Romanticist: 379 pages
Kubitsuri Highschool: 195 pages
Psychological: 534 pages
Hitokui Magical: 475 pages
Nekosogi Radical: 1115 pages
Total: 3079 pages

With Kubikiri Cycle being adapted in 8 episodes, the whole series would be 65 episodes at the same pace.

If they air it on TV, Romanticist and Highschool together could fit a cour, Psychological and Magical could each get a cour, and Radical could get two cours.

Very similar

> Take's art.
so you're just watching it base solely on take's art?

I didn't say that.

Isnt there 9 books?

Why isn't is just a TV anime? Why this monthly OVA shit?

Because Jewniplex.

9 volumes for a total of 6 books. Psychological has two volumes, and Nekosogi Radical has three. The rest each have one volume.

Good looks my nigga.