Big three

Now that the big three are almost dead (despite their dad being back). What are the new big three?
I think some would say Re:zero, Boku no hero academia and one punch man.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/el-ZirLjvzfwpzH-NtNmpQ/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's not going to be another big three.

Face it, people aren't as interested in shonen fighting series anymore.

Sup Forums is only for educated and non-violent anime characters. Please post these volatile disturbances of public peace on more appropriate boards.

ask /reddit/ faggot

If we want to seriously talk about this, the Big Three referred to Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto, three of WSJ's biggest hits. Out of those three, only BnHA actually fits that. The other two are an irregular released manga in a seinen magazine, and an anime.

Sup Forums is a board of peace?

No wonder the big 3 are so shit, Goku is a terrible father.

Lurk more before posting on Sup Forums.

NOBODY IS SAYING RE:ZERO

STOP TRYING TO FORCE THIS NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THAT IS!

Black Clover, Magi

It's the biggest anime of the year and probably of the decade, stop trying so hard.

I love RE zero, but it has absolutely nothing on madoka or OPM.

>It's the biggest anime of the year and probably of the decade
That's not Bananya

I'll only believe that when I see a bunch of kids in middle school dress up like Subaru for Halloween.

Putting aside that the Big 3 is supposed to be shounen manga in Jump, Nobody's going to give a shit about Re:Zero in two seasons from now

>19 million dollar game tournament
Spot the remfag in the pic, over a hundred thousand people were watching this stream.
Re:zero is bigger than you.

>Light novel
>Webcomic
>Shonen jump manga
Stop fucking around with my autism OP.

There was one for EMT too, not sure if same guy.

>Re:zero
Will be forgotten a week after it finish airing.
>Boku no Piko Academy
It is a 6/10 bland shonen, no one gives a shit about.
>One Flop Man
Went to shit after Boros died and never updates.

Is shonen jump a requirement or what? They're practically trash now.

Yeah it's trash, but it's popular. You see a bunch of guys around carrying a phone book full of manga. Jump puts money into that kind of stuff, and that' what separates the manga from the franchises.

Rem has become the new Onodera.
All the normies used to shitpost about Chitoge and her.

Everything OP listed is trash.

The one truth.

List something better then. If you think you know better than OP.

Jump with "big three" at its peak is also trash compared to when they had Dragonball, Yu yu hakusho, Slam dunk, Dragon quest, Jojo, City Hunter and Saint Seiya and shit.

> BnHA
Read fucking Comics.

HxH could probably be one of the big three. But that's another story.

Haikyu
Shoukogeki No Soma
Boku No Hero Academia

One of which may be replaced by World Trigger.

>almost dead
the 3 of them is dead.
>inb4 le one piss is on going

Not with that schedule. Regular people barely have that kind of patience, now imagine a 10-year-old Japanese boy.

Not even close

Nobody knows what that shit is except basement dwelling virgins

Re:Zero fags truly are the most cancerous fanbase in the past 5 years.

Boruto
One Piece
Bleach sequel.

There is, and will not be a "new big three." The term was coined for a specific group of manga, it doesn't just get replaced.

Kingdom deserves more love especially when I see people loving shitty anime/mangas like Re:Zero or Boku no Shit.

why do we need a big three when DB is back and getting better each arc?

I want to see 3 episodes per week instead of 1.

Thanks I'm not alone. We'll find a cure, don't give up.

Attracts more people. Plus, the manga is monthly and the anime isn't dubbed. That's not ideal.

Autism

desuarchive.org/a/search/image/el-ZirLjvzfwpzH-NtNmpQ/

People said nobody would watch Re:zero in the first place. Why so salty?

One Piece is still going strong, and it's got a long way to go still.

Fairy Tail is the only other big long running shounen I can think of atm.

How do you create a long running shonen without filler?

Depends on your definition of filler.
One of the definition describes anime-only stuff. It's not difficult to avoid that in a manga.

>watching subbed db

Release episodes biweekly to allow for more development and less QUALITY. It also lets you occasionally join chapters together if necessary to make it fit in a single episode.

He's right you retard.
Even this one is better than BnHA but I do believe you're 14-15 yo. Otherwise you're the fucking autistic man child.

>biggest anime of the decade
come on

only thing coming within spitting distance of the big three is BnHA. HxH and jojo are pretty big but HxH is slow and jojo isn't nearly as shonen-y as the 3.

also DB is still good so who cares

I watch that shit raw.

>Big Three
Implying they were tied together in any meaningful way beyond being in Jump. Bleach took a nosedive and never recovered, and even combined with Naruto the two never came close to touching One Piece's spot in overall sales (One Piece has topped Dragon Ball in sales).

Why do we have to have another "big three" considering that the previous big three are seen as successors of the "Big One" that was DB.

Maybe it's just One Piece now, and it will hold that spot.

Re:Zero is a fucking Shojo so who cares.

Contrary to what you think, its basically just the Big One now, One Piece. Big Two if you wanna count the ever so erratic Dragon Ball Super.

There is no big three.

>Why do we have to have another "big three" considering that the previous big three are seen as successors of the "Big One" that was DB.
But then DB also had Yuyu Hakusho and Slam Dunk (or Dai's adventure, if it's important that it's fighting). Each one of those were massively popular.

>(One Piece has topped Dragon Ball in sales).

OP topped that like a fucking decade ago.

>hardly 10k sales
>biggest anime of the year or the decade

Big three doesn't exist to begin with, it's just a notion created by those gaia retards.

Exactly

Embrace the world that is One Piece

Massive is relative. YYH was outsold 3 to 1 by DB in Japan, and even more outside of it.

Art already looks retarded

I'm the same fag and I still think BnHAfags are really retarded.

Why exactly is One Piece so popular?

there is no new big 3, seasonals have taken over, the only long running anime are DC, family friendly stuff or sports anime

>YYH was outsold 3 to 1 by DB in Japan, and even more outside of it.
It also only had 19 volumes in total, and if you take sales per volume into account Slam Dunk and Dragonball are very close. So Slam Dunk, YYH and Dragonball were much closer in terms of popularity than say bleach and one piece ( with One piece selling nearly four times more than bleach).

magi is almost over

>Watching/Reading One piece
>Watching/Reading Naruto
>Watching/Reading Bleach

ROMANCE DAWN

ADVENTURE

You're a better Artist, I forgot. Maybe Re:Zero mangaka has good art.

>new big 3

The concept of "big 3" is and outdated one. There is no such thing now and never will be again. And to be honest, I'm glad. Bleach, naruto and OP fucking sucked.

What do you read. I want to laugh.

2 out of the 3 became clusterfucks in the end, and the remaining one is so repetitive is not even funny. One Piece truly is the Dragon Quest of the mangas.

Also DBS is just a corpse rape by Toei. Even GT was better.

Yeah, but the length of the story impact the popularity of something too.

You can't always just go per capita. Dragon Ball and One Piece have been going on for so long that it has become a deeply ingrained part of Japanese culture.

If you go to Japan, you have to look to find YYH. While it's not a fair comparison with One Piece (which is so omnipresent it hurts) because it's currently running... when I went over before Super started up, I still saw Dragon Ball stuff everywhere.

Sup Forums go home.

go home, Sup Forums.

You mean only for moe cartoons to cum about like pedophiles?

Re:Zero's popularity is temporary due to the anime.

Based on manga sales, only Onepiece and Attack on Titan are "big three" tier. The third member was Nanatsu no Taizai last year and Assassination Classroom this year.

Is this a pick one sort of thing?

Because the first answer is the best choice, obviously.

WHY are people so obsessed with the concept of a Big 3? Like it's some kind of validation that makes a series stand above everything else, or that it's just better now because it's part of it.

Seriously, who gives a shit? Big 3 dies with the original three.

>normies

OP is still going, and is outselling whatever you like.

Are there not enough underaged schoolgirls in those for you or something?

Imagine if she had to run into battle without showering, and now that she is a hulking monster a strong gust of wind would blow all that clam stink over the town, effectively fumigating whole blocks with lady juice funk

I hope Kimetsu no Yaiba becomes a big success. I love it.

> Pathetic
They drew her like a western comic.
Why do people like weak and manlet characters becoming strong. Are you all Deku without powers.

I ain't saying Goku isn't a bigger icon than Yusuke or Sakuragi. But if there's any manga in Jump that should be considered "Big One" because it is so more dominant the others, it should be One Piece and not DB.

Pretty sure AoT and SAO is still vastly more popular

People like underdog stories. Try as you might to make it sound bad, but underdog stories have always been popular, and will continue to be.

>Bleach sequel

>Implying all anime isn't western in its roots

It's all about stories. And art.

If you dislike the art style or the story, find a reason to dislike it. Saying you dislike it because it's western is bull shit because all artists take influences.

If you have a specific reason it's fine. But disliking something just because it's western is ultra wapanese territory.

You wont need a topic about who the big 3 is, or whatever number.
When Bleach, One Piece and Naruto where called that, everyone knew it. They were the kings. They dominated.
Right now, just the fact you have people with many lists shows there is no "new" big 3.

One Piece just reigns supreme right now. Everyone will know when there is a new contender.

Sup Forums is full to the brim with actual weeaboos now, didn't you know?

BnHA isn't western at all, it's a typical shonen shit with a 14 weak fag with a big heart who becomes strong.

bnha is literally a love letter to the golden age of superheroes, which was a thing in the west

If togashi and miura step up their game I would say hunter x hunter and berserk are good candidates. Maybe Attack on Titan but that series is almost finished.

HxH sells on par with Naruto and twice as much as Bleach. If BnHA is 'within spitting distance', HxH is already there and has been for years. Jojo is now in a seinen magazine and isn't in the running, 'shounen' is not a descriptor.

These threads are retarded to begin with, there is only one big 3 and it's done. But if there was, they'd have to be the top selling 3 WSJ battle shounen series. Not series from other magazines, demographics, or genres, and not judging based on a vague impression of how much hype a series gets as opposed to the actual sales data.

>berserk
yeah berserk def appeals to the same age group that make naruto and bleach big

It's not a love letter but a cash cow.

There was only a big three during a period because there was no manga who was able to establish itself as the uncontestable king. There won't be a next big three because nothing comes even close to rival One Piece.

Also why do people act like the big three died recently? The big three died when Naruto ended, at that time Bleach already stopped being popular.

those aren't mutually exclusive

>muh big three

Retarded meme.

Bleach hasn't been big for like 5 years.

Get over yourself Bleachfags no one give a fuck about your garbage.

It's an insult.

>There was only a big three during a period because there was no manga who was able to establish itself as the uncontestable king

>One Piece: 320 million volumes sold
>Naruto: 135 million volumes sold
>Bleach: 82 million volumes sold

One Piece has always been the uncontested king, the "big three" is just a western concept because those three were the most popular anime when subtitled anime started becoming easily available shared on the internet.