So that happened

so that happened

No, it didn't.
Don't lie.

Lulu best kuma

It did and it was great. Or it could had been great had it been at least 24 episodes.

Yes

What did you expect from an anime with yuri and bear on the title?

Yuri and bears?

certainly less murder

Yuri Approved!!

Ikuni should never do 1-cour again. Hell, he already struggled with 2-cour in MPD.

He also needs a good writer, because he cannot write for shit.

Is there even a single faggot who would disagree with that?

Hetfags, probably.

Sorry brah, Mitsuko best kuma for me.

i dropped this because it was literally too deep for me

A 1 trick pony director happened.

too deep for you

Is this the deepest anime of all time?

You're thinking of Re:Zero.

SHOOOOOOOOOCK KUMA SHOCK

the bears are a metaphor for bears
there's nothing deep about it

So did this.

Manga made slightly more sense but still not enough for my liking.

Is it deeper than the manga, tho?

Ikuhara really should learn how to rewrite stuff when he gets less episodes

I imagine beaver bear would be one of those things that would have been a bigger deal with more episodes

Utena is the best of the three but which is stronger? Penguindrum or Yuribear?

>because he cannot write for shit.
He just gets too heavy handed with the symbolism that it becomes impossible to follow and hard for the viewer to even get anything out of the symbolism. At least Utena was simple with everything being about childhood vs adulthood and going through puberty.

Is Yuri Kuma Arashi as good as it sounds?

It is if you are into /u/

I love it, and I'll never back down on love.

Yeah, for example I used to think the story would be about general society vs lesbians, but it turned out both humans and bears were lesbians.

Then I thought it might be about cultural clash. Lily representing Japanese lesbians, with bears representing Western lesbians, as both Lily and Bear are slang for lesbianism/homosexuality (though Lily is specific for lesbians, whereas bear can refer to both male and female homos).

However, the story wasn't about any cultural issues either. So, in the end it's hard to say why those types of imagery.

Hell, the invisible storm, which was the rejection of those that didn't want to be part of the mob (i.e. people who wanted to display their feelings/sexuality open) was carried away, not by general society or any group of straight people, but by the lesbians in the show.

Lesbian bears had too much gay for my liking (and I don't even hate yuri), I think even for Ikuhara it was a little too much. And it wasn't even fabulous gay like Utena, but just plain and grotesque homosexuality.
On the other hand, terrorist penguins had too little gay it felt sterile, boring and soulless for an Iku work, but the story was miles better than Yurikuma.

The bears are a metaphor for lesbians, dumbass.

Waremete is good though

>like OP
>look up band
>everything is amazing

Bonjour Suzuki! frogaboo nips are the best.

I like gaybears best of the three. Fight me. Utena is objectively the best though, and penguin is the least awesome but all three are still far above average. Ikuhara anime is full blown sex and all other anime is a crappy handjob.

How many years until a new ikuhara show? Why is waiting so suffering?

>the story wasn't about any cultural issues either
You missed the point entirely

I love a good troll chart.

>we shouldn't marginalize people
>integrate degenerates into society

Yeah, I think I want more muslim/refugee immigrants from Syria now.

That OP sure was misleading.

is this yuri?

Isn't the flower a bit on the nose?

N-no.

Nice

>het families
>christian-like religion
No, the bears are straight, the yuri are the lesbian.
Ikuhara reversed the roles.

Season 2 with Mechakuma's adventures when?

looks more like it's on her vag

Why is Re-Kan on that chart? It was a damn good show with some really trashy backgrounds and a sweet ED. I also liked Lost Future but I not enough to fight for it.

My biggest problem with this was Kureha and Ginko's relationship.
Kureha was always in love with Sumika. Deeply in love and filled with hatred toward bears.
Then, she falls in love with Ginko, almost instant, because she remembered her from her past.

Then she learns all the shit about Ginko, tells her to get out, but then seeks for her again at the end.

And, throughout all of this, she was still deeply in love with Sumika.

It was an extremely poorly developed relationship. For one, Kureha's thing for Sumika should have died at some early point, in order to remove any distraction from what was supposed to be the main relationship in the series. Kureha shouldn't have fallen so fast for Ginko, and they should have been developed constantly together from early on. All the "dirty secrets" from Ginko should be removed as they disrupt the development.

ANN said this show is against objectification of lesbians and yuri in anime, Is that true?

>ANN said
No, it's against doing yuri stories for the sake of yuri.

Ginko was Kureha's pet and childhood friend, Sumika was just somebody she fell in love with as she became aware of her raging homosexuality, but in fact Ginko was the one who made her gay in the first place and her one true love, so Sumika was just a secondary placeholder to represent Kureha's inner conflict.

Re kan is fun

is that a yuri blow job?

If anything it's firmly in favour of fetishising yuri. Mostly it was just a horrible mess.

I like how subtle this is.

The best part of this show was gathering together on Sup Forums after every episode, rewatching it over and over, and compiling charts full of references to western movies and other media. There were dozens, every single episode.

I miss those rides, Sup Forums. Why can't we have nice SPECULAH threads like Yurikuma Arashi and Sora no Woto every season?

We can. It's just that Sup Forumsnons interested in that stuff move on and watch other anime shows or have something else to do.
One show where speculah and making reference charts happened was for example Concrete Revolutio which just aired last season.

going through it for the first time I really regret not seeing it live. I bet the threads where AMAZING

One of the few OP songs I've fapped to.