u.pomf.is/ipuldk.mp4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O_tsnSmpM-k
youtu.be/vnsjqqHNc7Y
youtu.be/hnlVcyUvUD8
youtu.be/CiqZUdyrwBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like hot garbage

Holy fuck wait is this Zaregoto? Those designs look atrocious.

The designs are ok.

The designs in the character sheets look good, but in motion they somehow look like the average watanabe character.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Yeah they def look better in the sheets, but it will still be good r-right?

They look like Watanabe characters in the character sheets as well.

>Arararagi 2.0

Looks like a younger Araragi.

RIP

Honestly doesnt look very gatari-esque as I thought it would. It certainly is Akio's design I'm not blind but it differs from the more mature look of Gatari characters.

>Headtilt

So original and totally not a dead joke.

8 OVA episodes just for Book 1?

How is head tilt a joke? Are jojo poses a joke too?

sasuga SHAFT

>looks just like an episode of Monogatari
Wow, so this is the power of OVAs.

>SHAFTshitters actually thought they weren't going to get cookie cutter Watanabe designs.
>SHAFTshitters actually thought it would have great OVA quality reminiscent of the 90s
>SHAFTshitters actually thought this wouldn't be Mekaku 2.0

SHAFTshitters just can't catch a break.

Literally no one thought this.

Wow that does not look good. Looks like low effort trash.

Can we not do this this thread please?

These designs don't fit at all.

Well at least EOP will hate it.

Man I've been on Sup Forums all day with Zaregoto threads. I raise the white flag. I still liked this PV because its what I expected. Call me a butt licker idc man.

I honestly pictured the mood to be darker.

I dont remember the first vol starting out dark. I remember a lot of banter and walking around the house.

I hope the mac vs pc back and forth is in the first ova I was crying while reading that.

Just realized we had Yuki Kaji and Aoi Yuuki as the leads again after the Ace Attorney anime

I was hoping something else even with Watanabe's design, I was wrong,
So now it's basically Monogatari with Madoka's music

inb4 Aniplex dude

I remember it being a point that barely anyone seemed bothered that someone got murdered.

Is aniplex even paying them anymore? Ill give them some slack because Koufuku pv looked like shit and the anime was stunning.

Graffiti looked very average except from a few eating scenes

Looks like everyone has got a good head on their shoulders.

Trying to remember why Ii swallowed Mikoko's ribbon in the 2nd book, someone refresh my memory.

>the anime was stunning.
Are you for real?

Compared to your run in the mill manga time ya. Im not comparing it to a Satoshi Kon movie ffs.

Disappointed that it's just OVAs. The OP of yesterday's thread had me fooled into thinking it was a TV series.

I'll probably watch it anyway. Nothing gets me harder than sourcefags complaining about adapted designs.

Akio Watanabe needs to fuck off already.

to hide the fact that she kill herself

Looks and sounds great
>inb4 muh Take
The only they fucked up on was casting Yuuki Kaji.

I forgot what thread I was in and accidentally hovered those spoilers

Please tell me they were for a novel other than the first

They are, you're fine.

looks,good

They are one-per-month OVAs. Quality should be better than your usual weekly series.

I really like the designs, if anything I'm more worried about Shinbo's visual directing.

Shinbou isn't directing this.

Why did someone put the Madoka OST over Monogatari?

Am I missing something?

Thank you so much user, that's a relief.

He is.

Doesn't really look that way from the PV.

Did you watch the PV? It looks worse that the average TV anime trailer, where they at least bother to use fancy sakuga scenes.

At least you tried

Are you blind? You're really triggering me. How can you think that looks like OVA quality?

It's funny isn't it?

>shaft shit
>nisio isin trash

Into the garbage can it goes!

There's barely scenes with movement there. Kinda stupid to judge the animation with just that.

It's not just movement, the whole thing looks little different to a TV anime.

Which TV anime?

Then what is it that looks bad? Because at least for some reason expected sakuga in a trailer without action scenes.

For me it doesn't really look polished. The animation looks like a typical scene. PVs from non action anime usually have some fluid character animation or good background shots. This looks like a run of the mill episode PV from Monogatari.

>The animation looks like a typical scene

Because they're typical random scenes?

Yes, but a PV usually has more polished scenes, even if said anime is garbage quality wise, they put the best looking scenes in their PVs. So I wonder if these are the best scenes they managed to make, maybe the quality of this will be very bad.

The parts of the book they are going to use for this first OVA are mostly talking so I'm not still not sure what they could have added.

Maybe we need to wait for a second PV but so far it doesn't look any better than an averagely budgeted TV anime PV.

youtu.be/O_tsnSmpM-k
youtu.be/vnsjqqHNc7Y
youtu.be/hnlVcyUvUD8
youtu.be/CiqZUdyrwBk

Talking doesn't have to look mediocre.

No fuck you, Shaft fans are long overdue for a roasting

It's easy fucking money. Shits already in the top 50 on Amazon. All it had to do was look like another part of the Monogatari series to inherit it's instant sales and that's what they did. No need to actually make it look distinct or like it actually needs to be an OVA.

Not sure what's so mediocre about it, but ok.

>Everyone who doesn't agree is a shaft fan
>roasting

Must be nice to have your little own world in you head.

It's impossible that people that read Zaregoto before or just like NisioisiN in general to like it?

The hype is dead. The designs from yesterday gave me brief hope, but this looks like garbage.

Medaka Box sold like garbage so it's probably not the case.

I actually liked his design style at one point but now it's becoming stale as fuck just like everything else about how that PV came across. I'm worried Aniplex is going to ruin Yuki Aoi for me now too by continuing to pigeon hole her into shitty anime to try to keep cashing in on her popularity.

Seriously I actually wish we could just fast forward until the current stock of anime people are retired or dead I'm already tired after only 6 years of the 2010's. I can't do another year of every big action show having Hiroyuki Sawano vocalshit soundtracks with Yuki Kaji as the male lead and Miyuki Sawashiro shoved off to the side to voice some milf that barely ever appears with Kalafina or Claris doing the ending or bullshit moe girls shows of people talking with random fanservice and weird angle shots. I can't do another season full of like 4 idol clone anime with characters that all look identical or a show where some otaku makes a doujin game with some cute girls or get sucked into a fantasy game that's just like his video games. It's been done already and if and otaku can't move on before the decade is out and it's not looking like it will then fuck it all really.

Maybe because it adapted the worse parts of the series?

Medaka Box wasn't Aniplex shilled out the ass

The first volumes of MB were shit too, and even at his best there's quite a difference between MB and Zaregoto.

just quit watching anime?

That's like a chapter from the novel for each ova. Who knows, It can be a bit of a stretch depending on ova length.

I got bored out of the gimmicky Bake style even before Bake, actually Bake or any other post Bake Shaft show has the stupid neck tilt in slow motion meme in every single fucking episode now. It's like they want to remind you that you're watching a Shaft show, like the low quality animation and typical Shaft direction isn't telling enough.

Like, first half it's pretty chill

Fuck JoJo and inserting those fucking poses at every possibility. It's like they want to remind you that you're watching JoJo, like the low quality animation and typical JoJo direction isn't telling enough.

I don't watch Jojo, but imagine if you saw those poses and cringy narration in every other anime David Production made, your stupid comparison would work then.

Do non-Shinbo shows use the neck thing? What about the "tilt & zoom" shots?

I kind of have. I basically just stuck around to comment on shit for 2016 but even that has become too much like shooting fish in a barrel. It's hard to find anything left to say at this point we get samey looking cheap as fuck shit with the same people on a daily basis. Sup Forums is caught in a cycle, I'm in a cycle on what to say, gotta break the cycle.

Pretty much. People kept saying "it will look better in motion", it actually looks worse than the designs from yesterday.

87 / 10 / 31 / 2

Very few people care about Shaft or zaregoto.

> Mekaku 2.0
Oh, god, I hope it not.

Anime is mostly dead, drop out.
Nowadays I only watch the oldschool shit from my backlog, and it feels great. Highly recommend it.

I have kind of been doing that and sometimes the difference in effort level is just absolutely staggering to me and I can really see when people actually kind of gave a shit about what they were doing in this industry. Also it wasn't just the same few people over and over again for just about everything even though the industry was smaller back then so you think that would happen more often. Anime used to actually go out and get particular people to fit with the vibe of a project or just had in studio staff work on everything instead of having literally aspect of the visual audio portion of things assigned to a show based on production committee affiliation so things just tended to work better together and thus came across more passionate and memorable.

With all the people starting to drop out of the anime industry now or going on "hiatus" this year you kind of get the sense they've just decided they have no future or potential in this industry and really I can't blame them. Now I also get why Aya Hirano tried to get out of her Lantis contract and either into daytime anime or variety shows or something as quickly as she could and why Gen Urobuchi is doing puppet shows for Taiwanese fans these days.

Honestly it all just feels like a doujin industry that charges premium prices for everything now except your average doujin guy is probably more passionate about what they do because they do it on their own terms and based on what they actually want to draw and create. Of course if their stuff ever gets popular then somebody like Aniplex comes along and fucks them out of profiting the most from their own creations and turns them into parts of their assembly line production process but up until that point the passion is likely there more than it is someone like Shinbo or Hiroyuki Sawano right now.

I never thought I'd see the day when less of a shit was given about a Shaft PV with Yuki Kajiura music and Yuuki Aoi voice acting. Like zero genuine attempt at any sort of hype or anticipation here.

That's some highlevel nonsense.

Troll goes all out.

I can't help but notice it always seems to be in front of a computer screen now too. I swear I saw almost the exact same kind of shot in Mekaku City Actors too with a giant 3 panel computer screen in some kind of void space with washed out lifeless colors.

First time I read Zaregoto and pictured what an animated version would like I always imagined Ii-chan's face not being shown during must of the first novel until he started solving the mystery in front of everyone.

That's because the first part of the novel was indeed pretty VN-ish.

More like: the way Ii-chan was presented as unremarkable and not-worth to mention by some of the characters made me think something like that would be cool.