Weekend Forecast (08/27-28)

Weekend Forecast (08/27-28)
01 (---) ¥650,000,000 ($6.4 million), 0, ¥975 million ($9.7 million), Your Name. (Toho) NEW
02 (01) ¥281,000,000 ($2.7 million), -26%, ¥5,150,000,000 ($50.3 million), Shin Godzilla (Toho) WK5
03 (02) ¥257,000,000 ($2.5 million), -29%, ¥3,100,000,000 ($30.7 million), The Secret Life of Pets (Toho-Towa) WK3
04 (03) ¥152,000,000 ($1.5 million), -36%, ¥800,000,000 ($7.9 million), Ghostbusters (Sony) WK2
05 (04) ¥141,000,000 ($1.4 million), -31%, ¥1,775,000,000 ($17.6 million), The Jungle Book (Disney) WK3
06 (06) ¥139,000,000 ($1.3 million), -26%, ¥6,425,000,000 ($62.3 million), Finding Dory (Disney) WK7
07 (05) ¥126,000,000 ($1.2 million), -35%, ¥575,00,000 ($5.7 million), Yell for the Blue Sky (Toho) WK2
08 (---) ¥120,000,000 ($1.2 million), 0, ¥120,000,000 ($1.2 million), Black Widow Business (Toho) NEW
09 (---) ¥110,000,000 ($1.1 million), 0, ¥145,000,000 ($1.4 million), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Paramount) NEW
10 (07) ¥97,000,000 ($950,000), -32%, ¥4,725,000,000 ($45.6 million), One Piece Film Gold (Toei) WK6

Literally Shit Taste. Why have anime films fallen so far? The only good anime films that are intellectually good are the Monogatari Movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/thread/145946322/
youtube.com/watch?v=yoI9Yl60BqU
aramajapan.com/news/rumors-of-nounen-renas-retirement-from-the-entertainment-industry/59127/
aramajapan.com/news/jejeje-rena-nounen-is-changing-stage-name-to-non!/60901/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's still more than Koe no Katachi will gross.

Why is AU Keit-Ai selling so high? It's shit.

Is this the highest grossing Shitkai film to date? It got shilled to hell and back for like 3 years.

>intellectually good

I can tell this is going to be a good thread already.

> It got shilled to hell and back for like 3 years.
What are you on about? It wasn't even announced until earlier this year.

>Ghostbusters that high

Your list makes no sense I have no idea what the stats mean

Makoto Shinkai movie is no 1

when the fuck are we getting a rip

>$208,414,206
>haters say it flopped

>The only good anime films that are intellectually good are the Monogatari Movies.

They're just flicks.

Now mate i can read stalker but not this.

Are you not able to use basic reasoning? It's pretty clearly
>rank (last week's rank) ¥gross-this-weekend ($Murrican conversion), change from last weekend%, ¥total-gross ($Murrican conversion)

>01 (---) ¥650,000,000 ($6.4 million), 0, ¥975 million ($9.7 million), Your Name. (Toho) NEW
Already grossed more than anything by KyoAni that's not K-ON!

Based Shinkai put Kyoanus shitters on suicide watch.

It's obviously because of Japan's new interest in thick girls in their anime.

Madhousefag here.
Fuck off with your studio wars.

You just mad because Hosoda left Madhouse and that shithole is now collapsing.

>Only 208m for a film that cost 144m (not including marketing and other costs)
>thinking it didn't flop.
I don't think you know how hollywood works. This was supposed to be a tentpole for Sony, but it failed hard.

Why hasn't he committed sudoku yet?

KyoAni will forever be branded as a studio that makes otaku crap.
It will never be able to gain mainstream popularity.
Normalfags won't go to see their anime.

That's why making Koe no Katachi a movie was a mistake.

They flat-out admitted that it needs to gross $300m to break even.

Oh cool, are we shitposting about box office sales now?

Not like they pay for it.

Who pay for it then?

Kodansha

HAHAHAHA MONOSHITARI BTFO

>208 Million generated

>with a production budget of 144 million, and an advertisement cost around 250 million, all nearing about a necessity of 500 million to make a profit (straight from the director's mouth)

Ya, it flopped.

But with that said, Sony being the advertising shill they are, they probably made back what they wanted somehow. Even if not through the movie.

>Monogatari not even ranking in the top 10 for its second week

Flop confirmed. Thank you based Shinkai.

I guess KyoAni being listed first on the production committee doesn't mean anything, huh?

>it's not KyoAni that's losing money!
But you faggots will claim that KyoAni is the one spearheads the project if it ever became a hit like ultimatemegax and his followers always do.
Fortunately, Koe no Katachi's movie won't.

Anyone know when shitimation is going to release it in US theaters?

You realize they are in the commitee because they are producing animation? Kodansha is paying most because it's their property

Subs when?

KEITAI
E
I
T
A
I

A

there's not even a camrip out

If they're listed first that means they're investing the most money into the project. So they're paying more for this movie than Kodansha. Kodansha is just giving them the publicity that Kadokawa or Shueisha can't give them since it's much more mainstream than those two companies.

>intellectually good

>KyoAni will forever be branded as a studio that makes otaku crap.
>It will never be able to gain mainstream popularity.
>Normalfags won't go to see their anime.
>That's why making Koe no Katachi a movie was a mistake.

>wishing something to fail

Ohh tell us more, oh great future teller

>If they're listed first that means they're investing the most money into the project
Where? They are listed first because they are animation studio
>So they're paying more for this movie than Kodansha
Why are Kyoanihaters such complete fucking retards?

>why are underaged people from Sup Forumseddit dumb

A BOY

>You realize they are in the commitee because they are producing animation?

They're never listed first in any production committee of anything prior to Chuu2.
They wasn't even part of the production committee in some of their early anime.

FALLS IN

Exactly since kyoanihaters are mostly Sup Forumstards

WHERE
You must be retarded if you think Kyoani is paying for adaptation of Kodansha's property.

Forgot to add: they obviously dealed with Kodansha to be in production commitee to get more money as opposite of their work for Kadokawa years ago.

LOVE WITH

The site and Twitter are run by KyoAni, PVs are also uploaded to KyoAni's YT channel and not on Kodansha's. Hell KyoAni's logo is the only one in the website. My guess is that they bought the rights for the anime and they can do whatever they want with it for the most part, like they did with Hibike. They probably had to use money from their own pocket to fund at least the production.

You rayciss

Harambe did nothing wrong

No, the twitter is run by Pony Canyon.
They accidentally tweeted about anime by other studio on the account once.

What is the movie actually about?

I'm honestly curious.

As someone on an intellectual high ground, I feel sorry for you who does not know quality sales figures when you see one. The amount does not matter but the impact does. Monogatari is in there along with legends that the world equate with Japan. I would not be surprised if a cosplayer cosplaying snail will be given the opportunity to carry the Olympic torch as it goes to Tokto.

>Where? They are listed first because they are animation studio
>You realize they are in the committee because they are producing animation?

That's not how it works, usually the companies listed first are the ones with higher ranks in the committee.

Where what? KyoAni is probably paying for the production only.

Why do people feel the need to pick one studio, personally I like individual works and try not to focus on the studio making them, except kyoani, fuck those guys.

Anime Expo

>They are listed first because they are animation studio
They're listed third in K-on! movie.

You do realize K-On movie and Koe no Katachi are not the same movies?

*fourth

It's so demo sagashite iru yo

By your logic, shouldn't KyoAni be listed first because they're the animation studio?
There wasn't listed first in Haruhi movie either.

They obviously aren't paying for production but it's funded by Kodansha and Pony Canyon as noted. No way in small studio like them would be able to pay for licence from huge company like Kodansha.

Not him, I thought you were the idiot saying that KyoAni isn't paying a single dime even though they're head of the committee.

>make a real Kei-tai movie
>flop

What time for live

K-on movie were last movie they made with them so they obviously made a better deal

外人様も君の名は知っとったんか…

Do you honestly believe KyoAni is just getting paid to do it even though they're head of the committee? Kodansha probably just provided the intellectual property and PC is providing the VAs and soundtrack

Too bad for shitposters that movie had completely different plot

They used the money they earned from fujoshits.

What I've been saying is, KyoAni is the one investing on the project the most, thus they're listed first on the committee of KnK.

>No way in small studio like them would be able to pay for licence from huge company like Kodansha.
They don't have to when Kodansha put the licence on the table as a part of the deal.

Also
(You)
didn't imply that KyoAni didn't pay for the production. That's my post.

Samefag.

Well there's a Kyoani and a Shaft movie out at the same time currently so yeah it's going to be like that for a couple months.

Why am I not even surprised it's Sony at the dead center of something people lovehate and feel Stockholm Syndromed by. It's like practically their corporate identity at this point to make these kinds of things.

I don't see neither doing as good as this though. Monogatari is old and busted, P2 won't even make 7 million. Koe no Katachi hype died right after the manga ended like two years ago and had barely any marketing compared to Your Name.

It's a forecast genius and considering that it only debuted at #8 and the last one debuted at #3 before dropping to #8 the second week that would hardly be surprising to predict it would drop off completely with some heavy hitter stuff starting up. I say at this point Shinkai and Hosoda are closer to inheriting the throne left by Ghibli compared to Sony considering how much more acclaimed and popular their movies seem to be this year than Anthem of The Nogizaka46 Shilling and Monogatari Clusterfuck 5 Years In The Making Fuck You Pay Me Three Times You Dumb Fanboys Trilogy.

Try actually looking at the number instead of it's place on the chart you fuckwit.

Well, Sony horribly isolated the Ghostbusters fanbase with the whole "men are evil misogynistic pigs" thing that they were pushing in the advertisements/reviews/media

It was pretty sickening because it was a clear agenda they themselves were launching and the product suffered because of it.

Be it that the product as it's standing self was actually terrible, but they further fueled the distaste for it through their own actions.

Your Name is backed by Toho and somebody that Japan actually takes seriously as a potential successor to Miyazaki unlike say Akiyuki Shinbo, Naoko Yamada (only Sup Forums seems completely and utterly beyond obsessed with her despite the fact she has only a couple works under her belt and both are otaku anime) or Tatsuyuki Nagai. At this point I consider potential successors to Miyazaki to mean Hosoda, Shinkai and Anno. Obviously Kon would have been in the mix and outright taken the prize had he not died. Right now Hosoda seems clearly in the lead on that front.

> I don't see neither doing as good as this though
Of course they won't, nigger. This is a huge mainstream movie opening. People don't shitpost about things only because of how much they make - if that were the case we'd have had shitposting about that 3D Doraemon movie for months. Shaft vs. KyoAni is simply a more popular topic for shitposting than Shinkai is.

>and somebody that Japan actually takes seriously as a potential successor to Miyazaki
That's not true, his movies usually flop in Japan, I think he or someone close to him even mentioned once that they make more money overseas.

I still to this day don't understand why Sony's marketing is so effective. It's absolutely awful, egotistical, condescending and just plain insulting on average yet people seem to buy into whatever their hype is regardless. They might as well change their slogan to Fuck You We're Sony the way they're going and I guess people would probably cheer.

So what's with this meme? Did someone from Japan actually steal this idea and is planning to make a movie out of it?

Just Sony in general lately and all that that entails. I can't think of a single project they've done that I can say went well in retrospect yet people keep throwing money at them and loving them like they have battered wife syndrome.

Sorry, I read the replies chain wrong.

>Keit-Ai found a way

>responding to Aniplex guy

After Anthem of the Heart and this, will Masayoshi Tanaka's style become the new standard art style for mainstream anime?

Never let him forget.

desuarchive.org/a/thread/145946322/

What?

True KinoAnime.
youtube.com/watch?v=yoI9Yl60BqU

(it will probably flop though)

No, their part of job is doing animation and being part of commitee means they get their share of revenues

They're using Nounen Rena for some publicity. It's one of her comeback roles.

aramajapan.com/news/rumors-of-nounen-renas-retirement-from-the-entertainment-industry/59127/
aramajapan.com/news/jejeje-rena-nounen-is-changing-stage-name-to-non!/60901/

It doesn't even have the same plot. Enough with this meme.

Retard

Based Shinkai. I just hope this doesn't mean he'll just continue making schlock movies.