Want to buy car

>want to buy car
>all new cars are ridiculously expensive, even a Camry with a few options is $30,000
>look at sports cars, they pay gas guzzler tax
>Government giving thousands of dollars worth of incentives to buy electric cars that are nonexistent aside from richfag tier teslas

Help a brainlet understand, is this because of inflation? My dad told me how he was able to buy a brand new mazda off the lot for $6,600, and adjusted for inflation that is now $12,275. The cheapest Mazda 3 they sell today is about $18000

What gives?

buy a used car, soyboy

/o/ has a good guide

i used it to find an awesome subaru

protestors, beware!

Shut up and buy used.

got my car for 2.8k

just the insurance costs ass

I work with a bunch of Brazilian immigrants who all drive brand new hybrids.. if you are an american and can't do what recent immigrants can something is wrong somewhere

If you just need transportation find a local used car seller and get soemthing cheap.

I myself drive a 22 yo bmw 5 series. which has over 336.000 miles on the engine.

Save up $5k and get a good deal on a Fox Body mustang that's had a new motor put in/rebuilt

You can find used mid-range cars with extremely low mileage for 12-13k if you wait for a good deal.

>price new car
>$35k
>price 2014 model
>$32k
>price 2012 model
>$30k
>2008 with 165,000 miles
>"$28000 FIRM"

If you want to buy a new car and for cheap, you want to buy models of the same year around this time (i.e. Camry 2017) so dealerships can make room for the next year's model. You can see big drops off of the MSRP. over in the Chicago suburbs, they were selling keep Cherokees basic models for 15-16k and I think malibus for cheaper.

>politics related: Trump should incentivize mpg efficient cars

Buy cheap pieces of shit that are about to break, drive them their last few miles, then get your money back junking them. Know what to do when a car fails.

New cars are for morons and the rich, buy used.

Don't buy a new car. By a model year or two older. There are leased cars with only 20,000 miles on them returned after 2-3 years. Unless you plan on paying cash for a new car outright, those former lease cars already ate the depreciation for you. That 30k loan you get will be like 35-40k total and the car will only be worth 20-25k when you drive it off the lot.
Buying new is terrible unless you really have the dough and need to be the first owner.

Also,

I bought a 2003 Buick for 4,500. Been using it for 4 years, runs like a dream, all leather interior, etc.

>I myself drive a 22 yo bmw 5 series. which has over 336.000 miles on the engine.
I drive an e46 325i currently. I think it's got an oil pan gasket leak and it's a huge PITA to fix apparently.

I'm aware of but I was talking about inflation and the government incentives for electric cars too.,

if its an Oil Pan gasket and not a timing chain cover gasket it should be fairly easy.. mine is right there... no obstruction, 22 bolts.. brap,brap brap, etc.. clean the pan put in the new gasket and replace it ..

Mine was a 2015 I bought mid 2016, talk about desperate to move. Almost 25% off.

i bought a 2013 jeep with 38k on it for 7k

had hail damage though.

Buy a used luxury car you pleb. Get WAY more features for your buck. Fuck making payments on some poorfag hatchback when you can buy a used luxury car with way more options, power and features than some shiny new Burger-made econobox

Used S-Class for $9999 > New Camry

Xdrive makes it trickier, but yea, there are YouTube videos. You'll need a new set of bolts too.. but just watch a video it goes over the details.

Tells him to buy one of the worst Mercedes in history over a jap pile of shit that will run forever. Makes sense

BUY HONDA FIT.

>I want a luxury car
>not willing to spend luxury costs

Then get a used car or get more money. Then compare how rich you are versus how rich you think you are.

Yes buy a used luxury car that is overly complicated for the sake of being a faggy luxury car with really expensive replacement parts and special tools required. Great idea.

Buy a used EVO you faggot

Used German car for 10,000?

Look it up OP. I know people who have lots of used BMWs and they got it for 10K or less. I think my friends was 8K.

And if you don't live in commiefornia it's even less.

got mine a few days ago, just save up some more money and buy yourself a decent car

>new car

good goy

Buy used, stupid

Early 2000s Japanese cars are under $3000 and will last forever

if you are worried about the cost of a new car, you can't afford a new car.

Used luxury cars are really expensive to maintain unless you are willing to let them turn to shit. I bought a used Rover because I wanted the out of production V8 with locking differentials and not the current supercharged V6. I knew maintenance would be expensive, and it is, but it's the vehicle I want. Don't buy out of warranty luxury unless you could basically afford the same car new.

Why are people here recommending buying used BMWs / foreign cars? You want OP to get fucked in the ass on repair bills? If something serious goes it isnt a cheap fix

Insurance costs on an evo would probably be disgusting here in leafland. Insurers think it's a rally car or something.

Used luxury is always a better value. Someone else paid for the depreciation, and you hopefully get a couple year old, well-taken care of luxury car.
Don't fall for the new car meme

nah senpai, I went car shopping today and I can tell you that the meme is real. In fact, the price between a shitty nigger tier new Chevy or Fort SUV is the SAME as a luxury vehicle; its ridiculous. Why the fuck would someone spent $65,000 on a new Chevy Tahoe when you can buy a new mercedes for the same price or cheaper?

I just bought a 2017 Chevy Spark with 9k miles for $12k. With insurance, it's only $300/mo.

Do you need a big car? Luxury cars are luxuries.

With the Tahoe in black I can pretend to be a CIA nigger

Bigger car. More materials.

>muh masculine man can't drive a small car
I'm assuming it's a bit of that.

Buy a used car man. Learn to work on cars. Bring an actual mechanic friend along with you. Most of my cars have over 200k miles on them.

>Camry
Why do you even need a midsize car? Compacts have gotten so fucking bloated a current model year compact is like a 1990s mid size (except they are way lighter)

c r a I g s l I s t
buy a cheap broken car and get it fixed.

This but unironically. Honda is the fucking best. I love my Fit. I’m leasing one right now, but when it’s said and done they’ll sell it to me for 10K.

I drive a rusty old suzuki swift cuckmobile econocar that cost me 500$.
I don't give a fuck that I look like a poor ass nigger, I'd rather use my money elsewhere.

Buy a used Camry, they'll outlive the sun. If you want a bit more luxury, get a used Lexus LS400 or RX350, they're cheap, look good and will also run for fucking ever.

If you want a truck, get an early 00's Tundra, they're insanely reliable too.

Drive your car gently and laugh at all the faggots and their unreliable shitboxes that drain their wallets.

>t. Own a 2000 LS400 with 250000 miles and a 2003 Tundra with 350000 miles. I have spent less than $1000 on non-maintenance repairs (things that aren't brakes, tires, fluid changes, etc) for either car over its lifespan. Combined. Toyotas are crazy.

buy a used car unless you plan to lease a car because to say the least, to do otherwise is a rip off for a brainlet like yourself. and since you ARE a brainlet, buy a jap car, preferably toyota because they are reliable and you dont really need to do anything other than maintenance. Honda is good too but youre a bigger faggot if you go that route. since people are suggesting used bmws, the older ones (mid 90s-mid 2000s) are very good for the price you pay, but since you ARE a brainlet, you 1 - dont deserve to drive something nice, and 2 probably will fuck it up and overheat and then there goes your engine because chances are you'd buy an e46/e39 6-cyl and not get a pre-purchase inspection, and of course you ARE a brainlet and dont understand that this is meant for /o/
t. former car salesman/service advisor

All of these can be found in great condition on Craigslist for under 5k so you don't have to open your butthole for the finance jew.

My friend bought a brand new Ford Fiesta for 13k.

Will jap cars be reliable with that recent Kobe steel scandal? I'd like to get a Lancer myself.

Here in Brazil too. I would never be able to afford a car like that, In here it would cost me 71.000 USD.

The Commie gov charges more than half of the car in taxes. I will only to be able to buy a car like this when I move to Italy.

TLDR; because brainlet - buy an early 2000s TOYOTA CAMRY and get a PRE-PURCHASE INSPECTION at a REPUTABLE SHOP (YELP) and then buy said car if not a piece of shit beaner-owned niggermobile. Then save your money and buy used again when your widdle bwain gwows

Don't listen to this guy. If you don't get a brand new Escalade everybody will know you have a small penis.

Checked, bought a nice Buick cheap from an old lady who had kept it well maintained and immacualte. $3000 for a 2004 with 80k miles. Drives like a new car.

To actually answer your question, yes. Inflation, paired with the age old classic of passing costs down to consumers to maintain last years profit margins.

It's only going to get worse.

if you know about cars then do what you want, if youre mechanically-retarded then buy something more reliable like subaru wrx or something similar. or dont, i dont care because you are a leaf. go to /o/ for actual advice or car forums if you dont still want to be called a faggot

if you want to be a baller you have to spend the money. Or just do a decent used car.

as the proud owner of a 2001 accord, can confirm

why the fuck does everything need a giant tablet in the center console
the only fucking computer you need in a car is the ECU

look for new 2017 models that haven't sold now that they're selling 2018 models

How terribly rude.

new cars are for status obsessed boomers/gen X fags desu

I checked all the local dealerships clearance deals around here and it seems like the 2017s they have left are just cars that are retardedly optioned.

go eat your mom's ass. Chang

This. New cars are for suckers.

The warranties on new cars actually used to be good. 5 year bumper to bumper (with 160,000km mileage cutoff) used to be the norm. So it used to be about spending extra for piece of mind for some people. Warranties are shit these days though.

Pic related is my DD. Bought in June with an decent warranty and 120k miles for $5k.

>inb4 nigger

Cars are as cheap as they were in the 80s if you adjust for inflation.

pretty much this, you can buy used and ususally get a better warranty than new, and also dont have to 1, break in the car since some other dumb nigger did, and 2, you dont suffer the drop in price the original owner did when they rolled their piece of shit new car off the lot and on to the barren nigger-infested streets you call your hometown.

Dear God, did your mother drop you on your head and neglect you as a child? Please, have some decency you ruffian.

Do you even understand how much of a waste of money buying a new car is? I thought it was a meme that people actually did it yet here you are and countless others. Buy used you fuckdonkey.

Safety standards and clean air fuel efficiency laws have added 10s of thousands in costs to cars.
Really that's mostly what it is.

AMA

They are as cheap on paper. But in the 1980s you had proper option sheets. So you could get an engine block heater without buying the premium door handle package and other retarded shit like that.

>wasting money on a car

literal blue pill tier

Have you tried going under to check the bolt tension? My Tercel was leaking, went under tightened some loose bolts to spec and the leak stopped. Worth a shot.

This a board of politics ands news OP. not cars

Move to a city and just use metro/uber. cars are seriously the worst asset you can own

>burgermade econo box
This saddens me.

Why do Americans pay so much for cars? In UK you can easily get a half-decent car for about £2k

I paid $5000 cash for this 07 TSX. Hopefully it'll last me a while. I will never buy new again. Fuck the banks and their jew rates.

True

Only asset that depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot

I want a 1990 Ford 1500. Am I crazy?

Nigger

>calling cars an asset

WEW stop this jewspeak

no, im not chinese. get hit by a new car chankoro

That’s a good looking car m8

I got a used certified car with less than 2k miles for 25% less than new. It was the same model year available even and has a better long term warranty for it ironically.

Also look for the times they offer really low or zero financing. If it’s 2% or less it’s essentially free money. That’s what I also did.

Or just go to /o/ and save up about 4K and get a car off the chart. Don’t bitch to Sup Forums that you’re too stupid to figure this out or that you’re too poor. Are you a nigger or something?

This country will never get fixed until people stop treating houses and other fake assets as investments.

Yes and no. Even a 99 ford ranger is a good buy if you know what needs to be repaired/replaced.

Here's your last charity (You), plebian.

Brief uh... explanation?

I don't, but I would use it as a chance to learn.

Houses can be assets, as people can upgrade them.

In japan this is not the case. After 10 years any standard house loses almost all of its value.

the only real asset is land.

This has always bothered me. It’s really obvious a money grab if you want say a better engine in the car line but you have to have the leather and navigation for that too. I have a smartphone and hate leather car seats. I want the faster engine though. So I won’t even consider that car.

Buy a used shitbox if you get one for say $3K and get 2 years out of it that was basically $100/month, don't do the dealer and (((bank))) thing I'm in $420 a month for the next 5 years on car I've had to sink over $2K into already.

In the Bay Area, California, your land is usually worth more with no house. Because buyers tear it down 75% of the time anyways.

Yes it is a chance to learn.
Know that restoring a naturally aspirated engine without variable valve timing, direct injection and other expensive parts is your best bet because parts are minimal and affordable.
If you want an awesome do all vehicle, go 3rd gen toyota 4runner, easiest best vehicle to learn how to work on. Go for the 3.4 v6. There is lots of online community support and the engines will do 300k miles easily

Buy a $3000 car cash. Save up another $3000 while driving that. Then sell your car and buy a $6000. Repeat the process.

>cars
If bought new, loses about 50% resale value once you drive it off the lot

>houses
Only valuable if built with quality on high valued land. And even then the house will be worthless eventually as buildtech improves and makes the house obsolete.

Anything that loses value the second you buy it, and never gains value, is not an asset.

People buy houses expecting them to go up in value, pricing younger generations out of the market in the only areas with decent jobs. These same homeowners enact zoning laws severely restricting the construction of dense housing, making the problem worse. The end effect is people having to borrow money to live in a decent area, which is subsidized by government, causing a massive bubble that will pop sooner our later.

It's the same principle that's inflating the cost of a college degree. It's treated as an investment, so the government subsidizes students, allowing colleges to charge whatever they want.

Hey I read the whole thread and no one seems to be addressing the Electric Car aspect. Especially considering how much government support you can get for buying... no go?

Only idiots buy new cars. Do your reseach, find a car you like, agree with a seller to have it checked out by a mechanic you trust (if you don't have one, you better find one. Ask around, they're invaluable!)

If the seller won't let you take it to your mechanic, it's a no-sell right there. No questions asked. If they allow it, and it checks out with issues, inflate the issues, get the repair covered at least, hopefully a few hundred more. If it checks out good, still try to a get few hundred off if cheap, maybe a grand or 2 if expensive.

Never buy used from a lot, unless you're prepared to overpay. Be patient, watch the classifieds like a hawk, and when you see your vehicle of choice listed for a reasonable price, strike, and Jew 'em down.

Just because we hate 'em doesn't mean we can't learn from them.

/k/mobile