H.P. Lovecraft

>Sup Forumss thoughts on him? was he redpilled or trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7qQ7A4rWM8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uFXkEniHirg
youtube.com/watch?v=77xxGopjMbY
mochalab.bandcamp.com/album/cthulhu-the-funksical
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That man sure has a small mouth.

>redpilled
>greatest horror author of all time
If you don't like Lovecraft you may be a
>nigger

Purdy redpilled. Wrote "nigger" a lot.

I like his books, but he was a complete autist.

"And the moon waxed gibbous."

Every damn time.

>Was a NEET who lived with his mother
>Never left the house and had anxiety
>Wrote tons of racist commentary
>Hated most things
>Obsessed with the stuff he liked

What do you think?

He'd obviously be a regular poster here if he was alive now.

Quintessentially /ourguy/ then

Denizens of Sup Forums, name your favorite Lovecraft story or be labeled a Basketball-American
>Celephais

The Shadow Over Innsmouth

You are terrible at LARPing as me. Just terrible. I have NEVER said "folks" in my life, I hate that word. I want to throw shit at the TV when Democrats try to use that to relate to common people. Ugh.

That's HP Lovecraft.

confirmed for excellent taste

always liked from beyond

Had an hg wells anthology book as a kid. Shit was cash. I like the one where the dude goes in the judges house and gets kill.

tillinghast did nothing wrong

Shadow Over Innsmouth is THE classic, but since someone already said that my runner up would be The Music of Erich Zann.

The Dunwich Horror is nightmare fuel.

Wasn't he essentially a Nazi and probably had genuine autism? I know that he was extremely xenophobic and nationalistic.

He'd probably fit right in on Sup Forums. It's hilarious to me that the people who are obsessed with his shit in the modern day are all COMPLETE liberal faggot pussies.

Shadow over Innsmouth

>colour out of space
excelent taste

>ywn be a poorfag who meets a crazy old guy warding off eldritch beings with music

The Colour out of Space.

good taste m8

Til a’the seas.

Actually, I am reading The Dream World of HP Lovecraft

His parents were quite insane. HP also had some severe nervous breakdowns and was socially reclusive. He did not like being around people.

As far as red pilled...yes, he was very anti semitic, racist and anti immigrant.

He does credit that most of his stories were influended by his dreams. ie. the Gaunts.

He was definitely an Autist. He thought about suicide all the time and was asexual..just like Pol.

Mountains of Madness...Herbery West Reanimator..Colour Out of Space.

I am surprised that you "retards" read Lovecraft...Weird Tales is a difficult and nuanced genre...nothing like YA Harry Potter or Twilight.

Is nobody going to mention the fact that he looks like he could easily be Reviewbrah's father? I don't think that I'll be able to unsee the resemblance. Maybe it's just me picking up on the autism, though.

Wasn't that the one where literally everyone dies from global warming?

My negroid

The rats in the walls

he just wanted to go fuck beings beyond our comprehension but those damn space dogs wanted to vaporize him for it

Kinda but more about humanity in the far far future at the very end it just shows the last vestages who’ve moved to antarctica dying off. Very dark soulsy. I’m pretty sure the heating was natural.

"When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger."

HP Lovecraft, "On The Creation Of Niggers", 1912

His works were very Kafkaesque.

Lovecraft ate redpills and shat out solid gold horror stories according to Jonathan Bowden he was really influenced by spengler and a lot of works are allegories for societal degeneration youtube.com/watch?v=V7qQ7A4rWM8

Beyond the wall of sleep

AKA the story where the ancestor actually shut shit down but the narrator screwed it all up again
Fucking space dogs, they ruined space dogs!
>tfw you just realized how Lovecraftian the DSverse is
wew

>Weird Tales is a difficult and nuanced genre
Come now user we are not sub-urban retards. Most of us know the horrors of the real world. Some of Howard's writing is sprinkled with that. To his credit his views did change when he got exposed to the world, had one hell of a wife too. A jewess to boot.

Actually, I like Jules Verne and HG Wells or George Orwell better then Lovecraft.

Lovecraft was just far more interesting and his writings never really went mainstream.

Lovecraft often refused any payment for his stories. He grew up in his Grandfathers Mansion and in his early life was quite indulged and well off.

He was poor and never realized any financial success.

The Outsider, The Thing on the Doorstep, and that one story about the grave-digger that gets his ghoulish comeuppances for sawing a corpse's legs off to fit in a small coffin because he was too lazy to make a bigger one.

Strange Geometry

>that one story about the grave-digger that gets his ghoulish comeuppances for sawing a corpse's legs off to fit in a small coffin because he was too lazy to make a bigger one.
In the Vault?

>Just now realizing how lovecraft DS is
>When this has been out for FOUR years
!?!?

That's the one! Thanks user

rats in walls

But they're different universes user!

Adam - red earth
Nigger - sheeeeiiiit

gotcha dude

Called the thing a nigger

Nah, man some part of DS3 refers to "the age of Deep Sea" (I think it might have been in the DLC). That's UNDENIABLY a reference to Bloodborne inside the Souls universe.

Most people would never touch Lovecraft.

His writing is deliberately anachronistic and his style turns alot of people off.

Even his contemporaries called his style "ancient"...but to me it just reinforces the mythos of the ancient ones.

I have read all of Lovecraft's stories and honestly it is challenging.

the guy was probably paranoid and his over the top xenophobia probably comes from it.

But without his paranoia his books would have been boring.

Still nigga the GREAT OLD ONE
didn't give you any hints?

>''Ah, sweet child of Kos, returned to the ocean... A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea; accepting of all there is...and can be.''

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uFXkEniHirg

>Tfw disturbed by (((verminous slithering)))

I was too basic to play DeS desu

The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath.

I know many don't like his dream cycle stuff but I find the mythology fascinating.

Official cannon mythos of niggers

Anyone here ever play fallen london/sunless sea? I fucking love those games. I think this is the comfiest shit.

Dunwich Horror is the best IMO.

Really love his fiction.
Although marathoning him felt a little repetitive.

Yeah I love the dream cycle more than his normal stuff. I like the doom that came to sarnath.

From my Arkham House Collection:

HINDOO
I
N
D
O
O

>I know many don't like his dream cycle stuff but I find the mythology fascinating.
Absolutely this. It's not the horror of his other works but it's fucking awesome nonetheless
>currently seeking Mr. Eaten's name
excellent taste

>Ahhhh... Kos. Or some say Kosm. Do you hear our prayers? Grant us eyes. GRANT US EYES
100% Lovecraftian there

The one with the singing shota for its stylistic nature, the one with the space guy stuck in the invisible maze because muh sci-fi, and of course mountains of madness is a classic because i like the part where its commented that the shoggoths mimicked the art and architecture of their predecessors but it looked crude and a mockery.

as redpilled and crazy as evola, but a better writer. i'm sure if he and evola ever got together they would have a hot tantric frotting session.

>The one with the singing shota for its stylistic nature,
I'm stumped on this one
>the one with the space guy stuck in the invisible maze because muh sci-fi
In the Walls of Eryx?

Disney was another hero

I like his handwriting style.

barbarian here,
where do i start with lovecraft?

aryan mystic

I recommend the colour out of space it’s what I started with.

publishing order. all of it

most of his works are standalone, so you can jump in anywhere depending on what you're interested in. More fantastical would be his dream cycle, for horror I'd recommend starting with the shadow over innsmouth or the colour out of space

His style is the biggest problem, as a non-native english speaker it was baffling to read the first time.

But his works has been perpetuated countless times with people not knowing where it is from.

>Sup Forumsaris
>And as I writhe in my guilty agony, frantic to save the city whose peril every moment grows, and vainly striving to shake off this unnatural dream of a house of stone and brick south of a sinister swamp and a cemetery on a low hillock; the Pole Star, evil and monstrous, leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey.

>stumped
the quest of iranon
>In the Walls of Eryx?
Yes

>"The adult Lovecraft was gaunt with dark eyes set in a very pale face (he rarely went out before nightfall).[14] For five years after leaving school, he lived an isolated existence with his mother,[15] primarily writing poetry without seeking employment or new social contacts." (wiki)

Definitely /our guy/

patrician taste, my lad

Also, if any of you anons played Darkest Dungeon or wanna get comfy, here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=77xxGopjMbY

his face looks like he's mother of godding his own quote
nice

Great writer, and definitely /ourguy/. He was more blackpilled than red and ended up marrying a Jewess though, so I would not base my ideology on his writings.

I can recommend this inexpensive biography.

The life of Lovecraft is probably very similar to that of the average Pol User.

Hell yeah

Alright lads I'm off to chase Nyarlathotep through the dreamlands. Have a good evening

Herbert West Reanimator

>tfw to intelligent

>tfw never descended down the steps of the higher sleep

That pic tho, saved. Thnx. Bai.

nyarlathotep isn't chased, it chases you

Buy the Necronomicon.
Pic related.

mochalab.bandcamp.com/album/cthulhu-the-funksical

The Dream-Quest Of Unknown Kadath

There are so many, but I come back to that one over and over and over. I don't use the word "masterpiece" lightly, but it's one for sure. Once upon a time, on a family road trip, I deliberately went considerably out of my way to visit Providence and see some of the places he'd lived. It meant a lot to me and the memories do still. Fascinating man, a great writer, and a legendary imagination. BTW check out his published letters sometime. Wish I had a penpal like H.P.

according to Aurini Pepe is an Avatar of Azathoth made manifest on the cybernetic plane

That was in the 1920s. They weren't particularly redpilled about Jews in that era, plus, she appears to have actually been a rather smart woman with unusual (and good) taste. One of the few people who ever really appreciated Lovecraft as a human being and also supported his writing, and she remained his friend till the end of his life. I can't give him a hard time about his letting her run his life for a while. He was rather blown away by her, in a funny way. He truly was quite the NEET and I don't think he could believe that an attractive, worldly woman gave a shit about him, but to her credit, she apparently did. She even said he was pretty good in bed. In the end, she stopped trying to change him and just let him be himself so she wasn't really a bad person at all imho.

Please pronounce the following:
Cthulhu
Nyarlathotep
Azathoth
Yog-Sothoth