Tenchi Muyo

Was she best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kAySgjn4eUA?t=44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She wasn't Sasami, so no.

Objectively, according to Sup Forums. Yes, yes she is.

Despite all her "coolness" she always revealed to be weak and useless, never doing anything even slightly important. Washuu was so much better.

I always liked Washu best.

Master Race.

was my 2d crush before i even knew they were a thing

> Ayeka 5th place
What is the meaning of this!?!?!?

Yeah, surprised she's that high.

I haven't watched Tenchi in maybe ten years. But I recall loving Ryoko and Washu best.

Hell yea she was.

I truly hate how this series turn out in ova 3. Tenchi mother being a total joke really piss me off. Don't get me started on the fact that he slept with all the girls.....fucking disgusting.

Ryoko number one!

>Don't get me started on the fact that he slept with all the girls.....fucking disgusting.
Then you can go back to Ah My Goddess and all the other fake harems.

Nah Kiyone a best.

Then consider watching it again and catching up on what you've missed.
OVA 4 is coming soon.

A definite yes.

Never watch all those shit. Mostly watch boogiepop like anime and some comedy like Excel Saga.

But there is nothing wrong with it. Tenchi probably got horney and realised that he has girls who he can fuck.

But why toss in Sasami and Ryo-ohki!? That just mess up man.

Mihoshi is dead and the replacement VA is Roberta from Black Lagoon.

Holy shit. I'm a huge Tenchi fan. The original OVA is one of my all time favorites. But I had no idea there was a 3rd OVA!!! WTF????

Because they both loved Tenchi completely and waited until they grew up.

I want you to stay pure bro. Stay away, stay far away from the 3rd ova. Yet i will recommend watching Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari because the girls are hot as hell.

Is GXP worth watching?

Keep in mind I've watched all the OVAs and WOG.

Yeah the girls in that do look hot, lol.

I have watched the original OVA soooo many times. The second one is okay I guess. I liked Tenchi Universe, and I also really liked Tenchi in Tokyo.

But all the other Tenchi series just didn't look like Tenchi to me. As a result I never watched GXP, Ai Tenchi Muyo!, or Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari.

I think it's like you hint at, I want my image of Tenchi to be pure. This is probably due in large part to the nostalgia factor at play, as this was one of my first *really* Japanese-y anime series.

If you like pointless plot and GXP not really about GPX, then go aheard. It does have a great opening theme.

It picked up on some stuff introduced in Tenchi Muyo GXP, like Tenchi's family, namely his Great Great Grandmother Seto, and introduced another girl for the harem.

Its has problems. The pacing is completely fucked and spends more than two episodes on a sideplot about Mihoshi's brother and relies on a lot of information that was only in the doujins Kajishima had been making for the last 20 years.

I find things to enjoy about it, give it a try for completion's sake at least.

There's also Tenchi Muyo GXP, following Tenchi's buddy Seina, and Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari the best thing since OVA 1, about Tenchi's little brother.

You should really watch Isekai, it's fantastic.

Also, the world needs more Misaki.

Did no one ever fansub GXP? The only subs I can find are the hearing-impaired ones for Funimation's fucking awful dub.

Trying to catch up on the portions of the franchise that I abandoned after OVA3 turned me off from touching it for a decade.

What about Photon? Lads, any love for photon?

Never watched it, but it's been on my list of things to check out.

Same with El Hazard for that matter. Only managed to watch bits and pieces of the first series.

>and relies on a lot of information that was only in the doujins Kajishima had been making for the last 20 years.

Where can I find these?

Washu > Ayeka > Sasami > Kiyone > Ryoko > Mihoshi >>> other shitters

Ryoko just barely even gets on the chart with that silly ass sonic the hedgehog hair plus she's got a saggy ass

>silly ass sonic the hedgehog hair
But Washu's hair is just as bad, (probably more ridiculous actually, with the crab things) even if she is best girl.

Most of them haven't been scanned, but you can find a few of the most recent ones on sadpanda, like the IF stories about Tenchi and Seina's kids, the ones about Noike being prepped for Tenchi by Tennyo and Airi, the ones about Reia's backstory and Kenshi's training before he was sent to Geminar.

Pretty sure she was a slut girl.

A lot of people got passed OVA 3 user. Too much was rushed and then they added in Nike, who was basically Kiyone, but just different enough. Then with the mom issue, a lot of people were thinking she would be similar to Achika from the movie. Not acting like a troll towards her son. And don't even get started on the 3 goddesses, that went on a completely different tangent than what a lot of people originally thought.

Probably because most people got into the franchise through the dub and she had a horrible shrill voice. Plus, you know, the incest.

That's what happens when people have about a decade to build up their own interpretations and theories of what will happen and then the official material comes along and doesn't match up to it. I may give GXP, the other side-story, OVA 3 & the upcoming 4 a chance someday. Though, I would have to rewatch it subbed because I know they changed a bunch of VAs for OVA 3 and it would grate at me.

Christ.
Tenchi Muyo outside of the original series and maybe Dual is all complete and utter trash isn't it?

That IS the original series you twat.

Wow, that is some convoluted and retarded shit right there.

Translated novels never.

Not at all.
Universe fucks with the characterization, but it's really fun.
The movies are all wonderful.
GXP is good if you like Nabeshin, and the Novels are supposed to be better.
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is fantastic and the reason I have hope for OVA 4.

Tokyo is a bad Tenchi series, but a good deconstruction of the Harem genre.
The Pretty Sammy series are alright if you have a particular hard on for Mahou Shoujo or Sasami, I guess.
Ai is trash.

The Tenchi family tree is tame. He's fucking his Great Aunts, and a Great Great Aunt on one branch, and on the other he's fucking Washu, both of her daughters, and her great great granddaughter.

You clearly never seen the family tree of any royal family, or on the extreme side, this.

Behold the tree that does not fork!

Dude, it's all total trash outside of the original series. It's only getting more progressively worse series is because the original series name was so strong and influential.
And the only good in Geminar is lifted completely from Dual.

>The movies are all wonderful.
This is true. Shame they didn't do more.

Still one of my most favorite hype moments

Is someone having a Tenchi girl thread?

He has an actual Wau girl in the novels.

Erma was 10/10 waifu material until that reveal...

Not even.

And she was still 10/10 afterwards.
That said, Ryoko could wear more sweaters.

>shrill voice

Granny Ayeka was a miracle of the universe.

I wouldn't describe it as a granny, more like stuffy and uppercrust, which fits Ayeka perfectly.
Now Washu, her dub voice is shrill and nasily when it's not low and sultry.

And god how I love it.

I hope there is a call back to the only good Tenchi show, GXP. It would be nice if they could incorporate Dual! into the universe as well.

That was an amusing show for about half of it. Then the plot happens around episode 7 and it's just a serviceable robot show. I still hope they continue that though since I assumed the necklace was going to play a bigger part. Like maybe the key to getting home through space.

I've got the Eightbit one from Nyaa. It's decent.

GXP is great. It actually has a main character that wants to go have adventures unlike boring ass Tenchi who just wants to be a carrot farmer.

>Mihoshi is dead and the replacement VA is Roberta from Black Lagoon.
C-ko, the blond in this clip, is pobably her most Mihoshi-like role.
youtu.be/kAySgjn4eUA?t=44s

She is also Sailor Mars.

Always

He fucked the cat...

>He fucked the cat...
The cat is his Head Wife's sister. Can't disrespect your sister-in-law.

Well when you put it that way

You don't want to fuck this spaceship?

too old

Then have a loli Fuku.

>He has an actual Wau girl in the novels.
The Wau had been in the franchise for a long time, and it is really sensible in retrospect when we realise that Ryo-Oh-Ki is technically a catgirl. And not everyone is a cat person, dogs need love too.