Chilliwack, B.C., homeless camp residents get trespass notice

>Residents of a homeless camp in Chilliwack, B.C., have been handed a notice of trespass — despite their claims they have nowhere else to go.

>"This is one of a few tent cities in Chilliwack. We've all banded together to survive because there are no beds at shelters," said Dawnette Simons, who have been living at the camp since it started five years ago. Simons said the residents were given the notice 10 days ago and have been told to leave by Monday at noon. "We don't know what we're going to do. This is the end of the rope, so to speak, in terms of a place for homeless people like us," she said.

>The residents say they believe they're on Crown land. But there are signs saying no trespassing all around the camp.

>Simons says the group isn't planning to dispute the order. Instead, it's now looking to move to a patch of grass in the middle of a three-way intersection close to a nearby Walmart. The camp at Evans Road is the same place where a 51-year-old woman died after her tent collapsed under heavy snow last winter. That woman's sister is Veronica Evans, who still lives at the camp. She lives in a tent with five family members, including her 72-year-old mother. They all use a propane stove to keep warm.

>"I have an air horn if there's a fire," Evans said. "I go 'doot doot doot' and everyone comes running with shovels and what not, and we put the fires out in minutes."

>Homelessness in the Fraser Valley has grown faster than anywhere else in the Lower Mainland. In Chilliwack, the homeless count nearly tripled, from 73 to 221 people.

>Mayor Sharon Gaetz didn't respond to CBC requests for an interview on Sunday. But she has previously told CBC News that there are 18 different homeless camps spread throughout the large municipality.

>She also pointed out that housing is a provincial responsibility.

doot doot doot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r00yaFwZ5bc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

canada is now brazil tier

>"I go 'doot doot doot' and everyone comes running with shovels and what not, and we put the fires out in minutes.

Fuck, someone light a fire and record this.

> burn all the houses down
Now everybody is equally homeless

Homeless equality!
> equality for the win

honestly that chick looks like shes been through a lot of homeless dick.

also i have been homeless before. it blows. when you are homeless, the government outlaws your existence (in the US at least, where i am from). there is nowhere that is "legal" for you to go. totally fucked up. i still subscribe to the view that the government doesn't own the fucking forests. they may think they do. they may think they can tell you to stay out of them, but there really is no way to police that because when you're deep in the woods its kind of natures law. if a cop comes and tries to arrest some mountain man he is liable to get his head blown off, you know? and nobody will ever know who did it. sad to think that one day all of the forests will be gone though, and there will be no more free humans left because our society looks down upon an further ostracizes those that choose to live free and away from the BS of society.

also unrelated but glory to the white race!

>despite their claims they have nowhere else to go
They are free to die and will not be missed.

>homeless

they're all mentally ill

>they don't know about the Victoria tent city

That chick could be an 8 if she cleaned up. She's choosing to be homeless, there are so many guys who would give her a home in exchange for her hopping on their dick.

>just go form a commune innawoods if you love Communism so much you commie nobody will bother you

You mean Victoria is all shitted up with junkies too?

I work at the homeless shelter in chilliwack and the homeless are pretty nice and respectful but these ones want to be out in tent cities not in our shelter

>Homeless for 5 years

Is that possible without mental illness and/or substance abuse?

If she needs money she can be a prostitute

Indeed most hardcore homeless are not lazy, but mentally ill.

Or they are commies, so yeah. Mentally ill.

>We've all banded together to survive because there are no beds at shelters
so band together and rent a fucking house

Chilliwack has many bigger problems campared to homeless

at least it's not surrey

White drug addicts and white homeless in bc. Lived in the lower mainland my whole life and worked in a methadone clinic only seen white privilege with these problems. White privilege in the crack buildings but my apartment is full of diversity owned by foreign buyers.

youre clueless my friend

the homelessness situation in the pnw is way closer to a commune type scenario than actual down on their luck or mentally ill sad story cases. the "culture" revolves around drugs and is honestly pretty close to a hipster, college town type of situation. most of the people are in this situation voluntarily. they get free needles, very little hassles from the local authorities and all the DUDEWEED and heroin they can handle

There's less homeless in Surrey, there's also way more homeless in Vancouver. People talk about Surrey like it's some hell hole but the only thing that happens there is gang shootings in the dipper end of town.

The homeless just like the poor are just lazy pieces of shit and such should die out and bank that God has enough mercy to not reborn your ass for failing.

There's a crustpunk culture sure but none of them are in it for the long haul. They larp homeless for a year then go back to daddy to get a job at his law firm.

What the fuck are you talking about

Yea this isn't about being free. Its about homeless people willing to do everything except get a job to get out of their lives. I'm glad you got out of it though.

When I was little my mother, along with me and 2 siblings, were homeless when my dad fucked off to Mexico (my mother was a US citizen, he was legal from Mexico but wanted to be able to do drugs whenever he felt like it). My mother literally was homeless a few days sleeping in a car and realized her despair wasn't going to get us anywhere, got her ass up and sought government assistance and went to a shelter for a couple of months. They helped her get an office job that paid decently, and she applied for WIC for about 2 years. When I was about 6 or 7 we went off government assistance completely (my mother was afraid to apply for housing, she didn't want to be a "welfare queen" or "the government's bitch", she had only applied for WIC to feed us).

Now she makes pretty decent money as a notary and lives in a nice condo, with 2 cars. She made sure we all got good jobs and worked hard. She eventually remarried but refuses to be a housewife because she's never been comfortable doing nothing. Now she's getting older and is enjoying her life because she earned it.

Tl;dr: if a mother of 3 can get off her ass and make a living for herself and her kids with short-term assistance, the people in those camps can fucking do it instead of complaining and making parts of the city smell like shit

Pic unrelated

I live here!!!

Fuck these fucking punks. They just roam around town and steal shit. They started showing up four or five years ago when all the other towns closer to Vancouver got tired of their shit, I guess.

Lower mainland is basically the asshole of Canada, it's nice and warm and so it's where all the filthy shit clingers want to live.

Fuck these fucking hippie hobos.

They've never been to Seattle

Victoria doesn’t have as big of a junkie problem, but a lot of homeless, we get half the rain of Vancouver

>sad to think that one day all of the forests will be gone though

Only like 3% of the land in the US is actually developed. The forests are not going anywhere.

>Yea this isn't about being free.
yeah actually it is about being free when your existence is literally outlawed unless you are paying rent or own land somewhere. yeah, it's 100% about being free, fuck off you self-righteous dumbass, nobody gives a shit about your mom or your stupid "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" rhetoric.

Oh look, the Chinamen in Richmond aren't strung out on heroin.

never knew that. good point but i would point out that the majority of the rest of that land is probably owned and in many places it's probably legal for the owner to shoot you dead on sight if they see you trespassing on it. i know i used to live in maine for a little while, way up in the hick country where the towns didn't even have names, and if someone saw you on their land they would just shoot you dead.

Shoot them

>Shoot them

>Shoot

>Guns
CA-NA-DA

youtube.com/watch?v=r00yaFwZ5bc

blease

...all while 3rd worlders get free shit handed to them at the border.

Alot of the people in the chilliwack homeless camp are there because they DO NOT WANT to be in shelters.

Shelters will try to get them to stop doing drugs, and have curfews if you want to continue staying there to try and prevent them from roaming the streets at 2am to buy drugs or steal shit. They dont like the rules put in place to try and help improve their life, so they decide to live in a homeless camp instead.

Some are mentally ill people that need legit help, but many are just fucking worthless junkies.

she looks to be top tier as far as homeless go, things dont get bad until you get into downtown vancouver, you can lookup hastings

its where lauren southern came from, of course its a shithole

>wahhh land can’t be owned man!
Property rights are the white mans way, go to Africa if you want to live off the land.

are we going to see Moldilocks2 on November 4 getting her head caved in?