If we have just one more super successful battle manga, we'll have a legit big 4 like we had back with One Piece...

If we have just one more super successful battle manga, we'll have a legit big 4 like we had back with One Piece, Naruto, Eyeshield 21, and Bleach.
Hopefully by the end of this year, definitely by next though.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/manga/comments/4ylnlr/bleach_was_not_as_popular_as_people_like_to_claim/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>big 4
Why do newfags invent so awful meme? There was only one Big Three in History and that was OP, Nardo an Bleach. There will never be anything else like that lineup.

100 chapters in, MHA is better than Naruto ever was.

Are you dumb? The bit 3 is a western invention.
Eyeshield 21 ranked 3rd place way more often than Bleach while it was running for the most part.

I hate to share a Reddit post, but the big 3 is a proven myth.
reddit.com/r/manga/comments/4ylnlr/bleach_was_not_as_popular_as_people_like_to_claim/

lol

The Big 3 *Worldwide

That's the point retard. Big Three =/ Top Three. The Rank in Japan is meaningless. The influence in the west created that word. Dragonball was always more popular than them, but there was never a time when three series as strong as them were running together.

MHA actually spends time with the supporting cast, the pacing is better, and there's clearly more work put into the universe.

Worldwide doesn't matter to Shueshia. They are a Japanese company and the majority of their profit comes from their native country.
What are you talking about? Do you know nothing of Jump?

I read the one with the sword kid and its a bit too generic to be honest. I read it because why not, but its not that great mate.

>What are you talking about? Do you know nothing of Jump?
What are you talking about? Jump never called anything Big 3, autist.

Yes, dipshit I'm aware of that.
You're the idiot who wrote
>there was never a time when three series as strong as them were running together.
You act like Eyeshield 21, Hikaru no Go, and Prince of Tennis weren't also ranking as well/better than Bleach a lot of the time during their runs.

Black Clover is The Room of manga.
It's a trainwreck, but an entertaining and inexplicably massively popular one.

Reminder that it took Bleach two years to rank in the top 5 for the first time.
It didn't rank top 3 for the first time until after it received its anime.

>say that ranking doesn't matter. because the Big Three is a western concept based on he influence of Op, N and B
>b-but the ranking in japan
None of the series you mentioned had a influence on the west that's even nearly comparable to the Big three, you illiterate.

MHA is nowhere near Naruto, it has no personality.
There is no work involved making a fucking Superhero Universe, it's been done plenty of times

You act like western popularity matters to Shueshia, you must be clinically retarded or something.
No personality? Do you even read the series or are you just talking shit for the sake of talking shit?

>You act like western popularity matters to Shueshia, you must be clinically retarded or something.
Not at all. I'm saying that the concept "Big Three" has nothing to do with Japan. You literally have no reading comprehension.

I'm saying the "big three" does not exist and perpetuating its existence makes people misunderstand Bleach's actual popularity within Japan and act like it's actually as popular as Naruto, let alone One Piece.

>100 chapters in, MHA is better than Naruto ever was.

you need to ask yourself the same question mate

>I'm saying the "big three" does not exist and perpetuating its existence makes people misunderstand Bleach's actual popularity within Japan and act like it's actually as popular as Naruto, let alone One Piece.
It literally does, that's why it's used. It's just that you misunderstand the word and think it would mean "the three most popular manga" which it clearly doesn't.

I know what it's supposed to mean, but retards online don't understand that western popularity and Japanese popularity are not the same thing and thus the useage of the phrase needs to be abolished.
Why perpetuate the spread of misinformation? People are stupid, if they hear something and don't understand the context then they'll take the information and translate it as something stupid enough for them to comprehend.

Black cover is already popular in japan. If it gets an anime it will blow up like crazy

>I know what it's supposed to mean, but retards online don't understand that western popularity and Japanese popularity are not the same thing and thus the useage of the phrase needs to be abolished.
You're the only retard here. Nobody in the west gives a shit about what nips think you retarded weeaboo.

Naruto, Bleach and One Piece are the big three because of the influence in the west. Japan is irrelevant to the west.

That's why people in the west are retarded, because Japanese popularity is the only one that really matters, and west weebs shouldn't delude themselves anything think that their opinions are in any way relevant to Shueshia.

Attack on Titan is way better and more popular than all of those manga.

lol

>>Black cover is already popular in japan. If it gets an anime it will blow up like crazy
Just like World Trigger

The best thing about MHA is that they feel like real kids.
From little things like seeing their home lives, or how the crew met up dressed in street clothes when they met up prior to rescuing Bakugou.
These don't just feel like characters moving the plot along, they're like real kids, with real personalities, real goals, and real people to look up to.
World Trigger was never all that popular. It's a wonder it even got an anime as soon as it did.

Not him, but One Piece was never popular in the west. It has only started to recently and even then it is no where near Bleach or Naruto. OP shouldn't have been included in the "Big three" seeing how it is a western thing to begin with. DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach is a far more accurate big three for western tastes.

They are called the Big Three because they pulled JUMP out of a huge sales slump. Nothing like that is happening presently.

>MHA actually spends time with the supporting cast

One of Naruto's biggest flaws was doing this excessively. Did you even read the manga?

Say what you want about nardo, but atleast it had personality which is more than can be said about skyhigh

Bullshit you fucking idiot.
Why do you feel compelled to talk about shit you know nothing about and just spread bullshit you probably heard in some Youtube video?
No.
Naruto's flaw was building up all these interesting side-characters (not as well as MHA mind you) and then completely fucking them all over in favor of Jesus Uzamaki (while at the same time ruining his already awful character) and the Uchiha's.

Uhm, no.
One Piece is credited with that for the most part.
Other series like Naruto helped, but Bleach had nothing to do with Jump getting out of the post Dragon Ball slump.

Boku no Hero Academia is fucking garbage.

At least Naruto and One Piece started out interesting.

But there's nothing in Boku no hero academia that is new or interesting. It's just full of cliche right from the get-go.

Compare BNHA's first season and first arc to the first arcs of Naruto and One Piece and it comes up very short. There's nobody even close to as interesting as Zabuza or Zoro.

But that's just not true.
My Hero Academia exudes personality.
The most recent chapter literally had so much fun and charm it wasn't even funny.
Have you read the series?

I am pretty sure Jacqueline Chan and Beetlejuice are the only side characters in Naruto who never got their time in the sun.

yeah no

My Hero Academia is literally no more cliche than Naruto.
Both are generic series, but at least My Hero Academia is consistent.

Also, Stain? Stain you fucking retard? LOL.

Also, reread early Naruto. You must have your nostalgia goggles literally sealed to your face.

After finishing Bleach I've come to realize Naruto was actually a good shonen, and all the issues I had for it are just issues with that genre/writing to that demographic.

>Also, Stain? Stain you fucking retard? LOL.
>>LOL.
Anyway.

Shishio ripoff.

>LOL
You have to go back.

I've read up until the point where they beat the sword welding hero killer, my problem is it all feels safe and secure there is no sense of real threat to the main cast.

>this is what some people actually believe

Lel

Naruto and One Piece were also pretty cliche in their beginning arcs.
Naruto especially.
The thing that they did (initially), and MHA do as well is tell a competent shonen shonen story.

If you've only seen the first season of MHA then you really haven't seen the series. Once the anime gets to the Tournament and the Stain arc people who aren't already reading the manga will be all over it.

Early Naruto is great though.

Really? Deku literally has to wear armor now because if he does any more damage to his body he'll be permanently crippled.
All-Might already is a cripple.
There are consequences for actions in this series without characters having to die.
The series is also only 100 chapters in, this is not HxH, why are you expecting people to be dropping like flies?

Not really.
Early Naruto is okay up until the Chuunin exams, then decent up until the timeskip, before becoming shit.

Hunter X Hunter > FMA > > > Naruto > > > BNHA > > > > Bleach

I don't have the stamina for 800 chapters of One Piece

The Stain fight also shows a lot of future consequences for the series, with how easily he could have killed Deku but let him live in a Hisoka x Gon type of situation.
The kids are still kids and aren't fully on their own yet. When they get there we can expect the stakes to raise considerably.