Architecture

>Sup Forums convinces me that Nazis had good architecture
>go to Berlin
>Nazi architecture is literally commie-tier and they were opposed to classical architecture

I appreciate you guys, but sometimes you don't know what you're talking about

Other urls found in this thread:

architectmagazine.com/design/exhibits-books-etc/q-a-peter-eisenman-and-leon-krier-talk-albert-speer_o
youtube.com/watch?v=mQHVS_IWKRQ
altesdresden.de/
youtube.com/watch?v=YR_LrB4tfew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nazi architectural renders were never anything more than vaporware. Had more of them been built, it would have looked essentially like Eastern Bloc infrastructure. The Soviets also had grand plans for their cities and look what happened. Look up Stalinist architecture.

Just goes to show how totalitarian central planning doesn't work.

architectural historian here, please both of you stop talking right now. Good lord.

Prove us wrong.

All the good buildings were destroyed, nigger.

nigger do you even modernism?

if i had 1 krone each time someone called med a nazi, i could've built welthauptstadt germania

*me

This looks like shit.

All of these look terrible.

North korea-tier.

Looks depressing. Imagine how that city would have looked by now. All the concrete would have turned dark.

Imagine what it would be like living on top of a motorway with cars driving underneath

The idea that the Nazis were against classicism in architecture is demostrably wrong; completely absurd. You still can't build a fucking Corinthian capital in Berlin today specifically because of the connotations classicism bears with Speer and Ruin Theory you massive faggot. Daniel Libeskind has written about this and he is a fucking Jew. Also, Der Speigel refused to publish the fucking article because they were pissed about it, so Libeskind took their rejection letter and his original article and published it with a competitor.

The idea that Nazi 'renders' were never more than vapourwave is a retarded criticism if only for being so of-the-current-year it fucking hurts. But I'll break it down for you: Look at the work of Willhelm Kries. Do the Totenburgen look like eastern bloc communes to you? You do understand that the commune was a heretofore unimagined building typology specifically invented by the constructivists to reaffirm the communist way of life, right? Comparing Fascist architecture to Soviet architecture like they're the same--are you serious? Look at the Nazi Pavilion at the Paris world's fair and then the Soviet Pavilion. Read an Architecture of Desire; read Leon Krier. There I just gave you a whole bibliography faggot.

This is spiking my blood pressure. However, because you're replying to yourself in this thread it's become apparent that you're a shill so I no longer give a fuck.

>who is paul rudolph

The based "Nazi" style architecture you are looking for is called Heimatstil.

The stuff they built in the cities is not Heimatstil. Not all of the Naziblock in the cities looks bad though. The Naziblock I live in is pretty good brickwork.

I'm saying they would not come out as promised and would age poorly. They're also not human-scale.

Well, authoritarian architecture is meant not to be human-scaled

Nothing beats the old Germany.

Americans did... Twice.

It's been proven in studies that people are happier in human-scaled built environments.

you should read Krier take infamous Jew Peter Einsenman to task on Speer, here:
>architectmagazine.com/design/exhibits-books-etc/q-a-peter-eisenman-and-leon-krier-talk-albert-speer_o
If you remain of the opinion that Speer's cities are somehow not "humane," you can try to separate some shitty Netflix show's "futuristic" update of Berlin from Speer's actual vision of it. If still you remain convinced that Speer's Berlin isn't the greatest Urban plan ever designed by a man, I cannot help you, for you are the eternal faggot.

>anglo subhumans firebombed this

Why do we have to live in the worst timeline?

(((studies)))

Lol the meme where the US comes in after all the heavy lifting is done by literally every other country on earth.
Hell, even Poos joined earlier than you
Amerisharts literally only gave fresh resources

Britain is proof that central planning (corruption friendly) doesn't work.
The 20th century modern buildings here are hideous blocks of concrete

>tfw no Volkshalle
It was supposed to have been build by the 1950's

Thank you for helping enslave humanity, goy.

My point exactly. Those models would get watered down or thrown out of balance by bureaucracy.

Fucking commies blew this up after the war because they are animals that don't have aesthetics.

>tfw never be this smart

Look at all of the design proposals for the new World Trade Center in NY, and then look at the final product.

Post the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial if you have any pics. It's just sad what's being planned to be built where it once stood.

The dome is way too big.

Meant National Kaiser Wilhelm Monument

It's not nazi, but might as well start posting some older architecture.

You are a retard, user.

nazi stuff looks like concrete cubes

They didn't use concrete except for bunkers.

I've always wanted a room like this. Just one big beautiful room that can serve as a conference room, a personal study, a meeting place for foreign dignitaries. It's just so fantastic. It's a real shame that Hitler hardly ever used the New Reichs Chancellery, it was truly a beautiful building.

Correct me if im mistaken but this is the Nazi and Soviet Pavilion at the Paris World Fair

I notice that the Statues for the Soviet one are much more detailed and impressive, but the rest of it has that deary soviet bloc feel to it. Like the whole thing is nothing but a stone for the statue to sit upon

Where as the Nazi one is less Extravagant, yet it looks better and shows more purpose.
Hate to act like an English teacher but the Nazi one seems to look like a Strong foundation, the Pillars of Society if you will, With the Humble yet Mighty eagle of the German People perched on the top.

The Nazi one is a good mix of Modernism and Traditionalism.

They added another storey to the building, and miserably failed in doing so. Such a shame.

The AC units trigger my autism. Not to mention the cheap plastic looking window frames.

What happened to it?
Is it being torn down?
Was it bombed?

If the Germans are just letting them tear it down than please inform me so I can stop giving a shit about them, theyve all turned into a pack of weak cunts

>The Soviets also had grand plans for their cities and look what happened. Just goes to show how totalitarian central planning doesn't work.
>Western education
That's why it was called STALINist architecture.
youtube.com/watch?v=mQHVS_IWKRQ
Most of these plans were abandoned after the huge fucking war which ravaged the country and people weren't very concerned about making pretty building.
After Stalin died, he was replaced by Kruchev who ruined everything about soviet architecture.
His plan was to build shit tons of cheap building to populate them with people. It's even fucking called "Khrushchevka", Soviets stuck with it because of how much cheaper it was to build with no effort.

If my memory serves me right, westerns did the same shit with brutalist modern architecture...

Both Nazi and Soviet architecture is awesome. Burger doesn't know what he's babbling about because his people live in houses made out of wood.

Nazi architecture was basically the perfect mix of traditional architecture, mostly classical and also going along with the modern materials and efficiency. We're not going to completely replicate the past, but that dosen't mean it has to be ugly.

We never lost to birds, Chang.

Plebs are too stupid and deluded to gasp what Futurism and it's architecture is.

"Her Der im so proud my ancestors were tricked into dying so that my children could face genocide"

Your a fucking faggot leeching off the ill informed courage of your grandfathers

How about you go take back your country instead of bragging about the fact that your ancestors. like mine, helped fucking enslave us

faggot

There are actually many places in Germany where they are reconstructing their old buildings.

That makes me extremely happy

inb4 all the rebuild old buildings get given to Muslims

Or this one in Leipzig.

This is the before photo.

Thanks man. Really appreciate this post.

And this is after, but still under construction.

They never look quite right though and always has some weird modernism twist to them.

That's Stalinist Social Realism art. Nazis also had it for a while but decided to go with Neo-Classic art instead.
Both are beautiful.

The buildings need a little time to age. I think they look great.

>come in Europe to see architecture
>Germany

Burgers....

What i mean is that almost every single reconstruction they do, they stripped it down to it's bare structure and often pull away alot of the original character.

Here is example of Nazi Social Realism.

and here is Soviet.

The nazi one looks much more aesthetically pleasing though

>Just goes to show how totalitarian central planning doesn't work.

I'm no commie, but getting the Russians to try communism and saying the system doesn't work when it inevitably fails is like throwing a bunch of niggers into a pool and saying humans can't swim after they've drowned. Once it's failed in a non shit-tier country, I can concede that point; but the Russians even managed to fuck capitalism up.

It wasn't Kruschev's fault that there was a shortage of millions of houses. That's a systemic failure. Also, the plan was that the tenements would be temporary (~25 years) since they misdiagnosed the problem - the system couldn't read/react to market forces, housing was just how it was manifested (since supply is very inelastic). So when the system never made up the deficit, people were forced to remain in apartments that were shit to begin with but now had the added benefit of falling to pieces.

(You)

Yeah, that's true. But probably the only possible way of reconstructing a building and keeping it affordable. These old buildings contain so many details that require a lot of manual work.

I like both.

>opposed to classical architecture
>heavily inspired by the roman empire
what

Nazis decided to stick with Neoclassical art which was very popular at the time.
It's also beautiful.

Some of you might appreciate this site.
altesdresden.de/

The Allies?

is.... is that an educated american?

i heard stories about them, but never thought i'd actually see one post.

Absolutely top tier post. Why can't all of Sup Forums be like this?

The Good Goys?

2000 years vs. 6 years the thread

They were crawling out of the global great depression and had quite a few megaprojects on the go when the war began in 1939. The Autobahn is far more impressive than the main aristocratic square in 2,000 year old cities. Imagine what the world would look like now if the entire world didn't go to total war with Germany.

youtube.com/watch?v=YR_LrB4tfew