i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471841885364.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I need wanikani because

Please stop shitposting.

How do I improve my kana reading speed?

please stop telling people what to do

by reading more

わしぞい

How did sensei come to be written as 先生? Was it just because those kanji have a fitting on-reading or is there another reason?

Since no one really answered in the previous thread, does anyone know what "zenzen arimasen" means? No meme answers please

youtu.be/aZTerY3wfoI#t=210

non meme answer: it depends

previous + born

When i want to write the kanji for town, do i use 街 or 町?

I know what the kanji mean but if we go by that then I'd at best expect it to mean senpai. But not sensei.

生 is also used in 学生, so maybe 先生 means "the one who is in front of the students"? Or "previous student"?

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/先生

>From 先 (xiān, Old Chinese *sɯːn(s), "before, ahead") and 生 (shēng, OC *shleːŋ, *sreŋs, "to be born"), i.e. "one who was born earlier". Attested in Shijing ("first child"), Yili ("elder brother"), Classic of Rites ("teacher"), Mengzi ("a knowledgeable elder").

Not that far-fetched, is it?

So 先輩 might be born to distinguish them.
輩(やから) is friend of the same line.
born previous 先輩
born following 後輩

先生 is borrowed from Chinese. In some dialects it retains the same meaning as in Japanese.

I'm a Japanese noob, but couldn't it mean, "There aren't any at all." ?

As in
> Are there any gas stations in town?
> ie, zenzen arimasen.

I have mined 200 words today.
I'm going to die

jisho.org/search/zenzen
jisho.org/search/arimasen

Why would you die when you have studying to do?

I studied 600+ cards yesterday.

But my tab fell and it now has dead pixels, and also lost the ability to detect a wifi source.

I have no idea how to sync my collection between my mobile device and desktop.

I'm sumimasen.

Hajimemashite Tanako desu.

watashiwa gay des chinko shaburitai

youtube.com/watch?v=HCKru5flU9I
christbros ww@

>あなたの素晴らしいわざをほめたたえます
>ハレルヤ

I burst out laughing. Christianity seriously doesn't fit the Orient.

Why does the anki in mobile sometimes show different writing of kanji?

>export deck with scheduling
>import deck

あめん

あーめんらーめんひやそーめん

If you're using Android, the characters are displayed using a Chinese font unless you set your device to Japanese (there might be another way I don't know of, but that's what I did)

I've been converted to an ankidrone
Anki is the best way to learn languages after all
Sorry for lying to everyone

JUST 手がつけられない

Sorry to bug you again user/s, but I'm after some input yet again.
Pic related are the colours used to highlight the specific grammar points on the grammar reference site, linked in the op site.
The red underlining doesn't appear on the, those were added in paint in case it wasn't clear what in sweet fuck I'm on about. The other thread, an user suggested changing the colours to something else but no one has since provided specific references I can change them to. I've no issue with changing the colours to suit the preferences of anons, so if you want them changed, feel free to use this colour picker and drop some code points and say which side of the image you want them used for.
colorpicker.com/

Straight up delinquency, that is.

i think i know japanese guys

>sitting right next to him
>not on the opposite end of the bench

I understood over 50% of that!

oh hi

i scanned kodansha kanji learner's course

i'll post it once i have pages organized but i'm going to be doing this in two stages:

1) release a zip of jpegs and ask people to look for mis-scans, missing pages, hairs, scanning abberations
2) fix bad pages and release a pdf

right now I'm figuring out converter settings to get good-looking jpegs

btw fun fact: my peak scanning rate was 44 seconds per two pages

くすぐりぷれい?

95 quality jpeg with no processing. 2MiB. way too large for network distribution

I did the same kind of work recently (only the kanji section, ~700mb, 576 pages) and did nothing with the result.

process:

magick page033.tif -channel Green -separate -selective-blur 2x1+5% -wavelet-denoise 2% -quality 85 -sampling-factor 2x2 -level 15%,95% page033-process.jpg

good job
I basically only really did this since I have to be at the computer to be able to pay attention to things. But I figure I might as well share it to help get people off using RTK for something it's not good for.

>700mb, 576 pages

here's a sample.
Any idea what to do with this? (not sure if OCR would be able to parse the description sections properly)

Are there any good [free] ios games for beginners? I need something to do between classes this semester. The guide only has non-ios games.

誰も気にしないんだよ

>The guide only has non-ios games.

because we don't cater to ishit users

>bleed-through
I'll admit, it sucks that I don't have a fancy book scanner though.

凄い物語、お兄さん。もう一度ください

> ios games for beginners
Gimmicks won't have any real effect on your japanese. Just do anki or spend the time studying for your real classes.

>Gimmicks
some people want to actually use my japanese. You guys are on thread #1652+, you should know this shit by now. It's not a gimmick, it's using what you fucking know. You should all be doing this.

>(not sure if OCR would be able to parse the description sections properly)
It will choke on the kanji. Unless you want to pirate the latest version of ABBYY Finereader.

For 何時間+verb is it what time does verb occur or how much time doing verb?

gun to my head forced to answer your exact question the latter

hopefully i would never have to be in that situation

It can't use what you know if you don't know anything. Anything intended for language learners who know fewer than 2k words is a gimmick.

間 means span.

>Yotsubato is a gimmick
k lol
>more than 2k is intermediate
sorry champ I know probably about 4k. I'm sorry that you think 2k is above beginner though, I think that says a lot about where you yourself are.

ive wiped my ass 1652+ times and i still get shit on my balls so

alright, thanks. i figured but i keep double checking myself and got unsure.

Okay but who are you quoting and how does it have any relation whatsoever to the conversation?

I'm quoting you, obviously. Is your memory so bad you forget what you said 8 minutes ago? Learning vocab must be hell for you.

we've got some heavyweights going toe-to-toe this round

you should see a doctor then

Weighing in the right corner, someone who knows 4k words!
Weighing in the left corner, someone who knows 2k!

Obviously this is something we should all take seriously as the entire fate of the threads hangs in the balance. Will ios get games on the reading list, or will he be told to fuck off?

should i learn japanese y/n

first response will dictate how I spend 2 hours everyday for the next years.

NO. さよなら

learn mandarin instead

I quit. I'm done. You guys were right. I really can't learn Japanese. After about 2 years drilling the core6k deck I find out that my "friends" switched all the definitions with fake ones to see if I would notice, which I didn't. There's no way I'm going to be able to unlearn all these words

youtube.com/watch?v=sDBQvLwtx9g

この調子で行くぜ

youtu.be/UsBHaIpVo_4#t=63

>letting people on the internet tell you what to do

It's okay, you learned A language, it just isn't Japanese

やせよーよ

Glorious bastards. How do you spend 2 years without reading something in japanese and not noticing how it doesnt match?

You should follow up with a "it gets better" shitpost where you used wanikani to turn your life around and right the wrongs that were committed.

By telling the truth on the internet about your true and real experience that definitely happened.

delet this post man because it makes u look rily baka

please stop blogging

funny i noticed some words were wrong on the 6k deck and i fixed them.

im gay, fat, a virgin, and to top it all off 日本語わけわかんねええええ

I figured I should man up and get a good foundation before I tried to jump into native material. And since I was doing rtk at the same time I really just had no time

But it's not the language I wanted

Sorry I just had to vent

毎日カロリーの限界はなんだっけ

Now you'll have to become a prostitute.

Honestly, even if your story was true, it wouldn't be a big deal. The pronunciations are the hard part. Picking up the definitions is easy. Especially if you had done RTK and also knew the approximate meaning of all the kanji already.

What do we call people who go on the internet and tell lies?

コーラはやめてお茶にする
バーベキューはやめて白飯にする
ハンバーガーはやめて野菜炒めにする
ポテトはやめておみそしるにする
ポテトチップスはやめて焼き芋にする

Anyone else get paranoid and googled a bunch of definition to make sure they were correct?

people

Please user. You must type something in your new language for us.

人間

>バーベキューはやめて

それはちょっと...厳しい...

>飯

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471841885364.webm

It's true. But yeah that's a positive way to look at it. I should have noticed the meanings weren't matching up all the way.

I haven't learned grammar yet. I was going to do that by reading.

They need love too. Maybe more than the others.

>2 years studying
>no grammar
You weren't gonna make it anyway.

What are your words for "pleasure" and "intravaginal ejaculation"?