I believe that a God created the reality that I live in

I believe that a God created the reality that I live in.

But I don't believe that a middle eastern Jew turned water into wine and that I should worship him.

Still, I respect Christianity's impact on Western Civilization, and the community involved church.

Would I be able to use Jesus as a metaphor for something or whatever when I go to church and they talk about him, or what should I do?

>replace jesus, god, him
>with friendly alien

>replace satan, demon, jew
>with evil alien

ezpz m8

I like to think of Jesus as a STATE OF MIND that ANYBODY can reach.

Even joos?

people who think the bible is meant to be taken literally are so fucking retarded. you're not smart for not believing in le spaceman, you're an idiot

I'm in the same situation. I started going to church to find a nice girl but I can't handle all the details. It makes sense that a God created the universe but all the jewy bullshit in the Bible is too much.

My thought is to attend a church with very formal liturgy with minimal personal involvement via "small group discussion" (ie social enforcement). That way you can show your commitment to the community, enjoy the artistic elements, and avoid the social movement aspects. Episcopaleans are pretty chill, and they like to drink. There is a split there betwn liberal and conservative E. churches, do your research.

Basically do the opposite of what Megachurch TM non-denominational evangelicals advise.

>But I don't believe that a middle eastern Jew turned water into wine and that I should worship him.
It's supposed to transcend reason for a reason.

I drew this in the 8th grade

:O

Is it an "S" or a twist?

stellerator fusion reactor

ayy lmao

Joos have to much pride to accept Jesus and his teachings.

They can't accept the fact they aren't God's chosen people anymore.

imo all non agnostics are dumb fags, who has a problem with this? Most likely the athiests.

why do you come to prove yourself, Sup Forums is not a magic 8ball you need to find yourself all the answers are in the good book. not here. Quit lying to yourself and learn the ways to happiness

To act as Jesus is to live and die in Heaven. Don’t take things so literally if you’re honestly wanting to find your faith. I’m an atheist Catholic and there are many Christians that don’t hold superstitious or ideas anchored in metaphysics.

These are all just stories about life and the struggles of existence. It can be very hard to see through the idiotic fan base. If you have serious questions I can answer some of them I think.

I'm pagan, but even I am finding weird how many threads about Christianity are up today. Sup Forums needs to address a distinction: ask the Christians, in a deadly situation, would you choose your blood, your people, or Jesus? Remember Christianity says we're all equal under Jesus, that includes somali Christians. Would you choose an European brother or the somali because he's Christian? That's all we need to know

this is how I treat other humans..."is this jesus or is this satan: kinda deal as you learn what makes good and bad people it gets easier to identify

Choosing Jesus is the perfect metric. Picking based on race is doomed to failure in either direction. You can only choose knowingly when you have seen the heart of the man. I know most on Sup Forums will disagree.

Even if there were no IQ and psychological differences I would maintain my point. An European should choose another European vs a somali, and a somali should choose another somali over an European. That might not occur reality though, because a thinking somali might choose an European. Why? Because he knows differences between races is why his country is a shithole. So whatever the situation you can't ignore such things. But still, even if you could, it is natural to look after your own. And that is defined by blood, not a common religion. You can't manufacture similarities. A German and a Somali will never be equal, for good or for bad.

What does it matter if the European you’re choosing is a serial killer who is going to rape your toddler daughter? If you’re primary metric for choosing people’s worth is their race then you’re going to end up precisely in the shithole that is Somalia. Africans, for the most part, choose to put their tribe before an individual or a groups actual merits. This defies ideas like rule of law, equality between individuals, and really motivation to excel in individuality.

Again your only interest is the heart of the man. I’m not denying any kind of statistical consistincies between racial lines. I am denying the idea that choosing it before or in spite of knowing someone truly is good.

This jumped to race awkwardly fast.

You should look at your reasoning here, too. I really like that you’re being honest in your post with acknowledging the idea that a Somali would pick another Somali.

You should take your idea further and ask which one would you prefer to be judging your for your survival. A judge who is a Christian or a judge who is not? The same race or a different race? What about when you travel to strange places or when strangers travel to where you live?

Would you want this same judge to judge your children and your children’s children? Maybe judge your friends, too, and maybe they’re not the same race as you. The interest of Christianity is in the eternal future with all of mankind accounted for. The values and ideas are not tied to your actions simply effecting today. They are tied to the echoing impact your deeds will carry. If your concern is with only today and the narrowest sense of today’s impact then that does not follow Christ.