Why does everyone hate on SHAFT now? What happened?

Why does everyone hate on SHAFT now? What happened?

I'd still say they're the best studio of choice to adapt anything that isn't a high school drama.

It's summer.

Low quality animation.

KyoAni is the greatest studio of all time.

They're adapting something popular and that makes people mad or something

They're pretentious idiots that can't make proper, respectful adaptations without inserting all their trademark "quirks". Shinbo in particular is the worst offender.

Because people finally realized that White Fox did a better job with the Katanagatari series than SHAFT did with the Monogateri series.

They haven't made anything good since Madoka.

People are mad because the designs on Zaregoto by SHAFT are stale and just a carbon copy of Monogatari designs. It should have gone to somebody else.

Because they can't leave their comfort zone.

I've always hated them.

>I'd still say they're the best studio of choice to adapt anything that isn't a high school drama.

Tell that to Negima.

White Fox are a nothing studio.

how can character designs be stale when Take's art is inherently inconsistent

They've gotten lazy and all their shit looks the same.

Mixture of memes and legitimate disappointment in their style becoming too one-note.

Honestly at this point I'm pretty sure everyone would complain about any choice with zaregoto designs.
>Whitefox animating zaregoto.
>WHY NOT BASED SHAFT.

>Shaft animating zaregoto,
well, you know, people are already mad.

Negima's problems sound like they start with the garbage premise

They were always fucking trash.

Remember to sage and report studio war threads.

Shaft is the only studio where I have seen the defense "They made the anime shit on purpose to to stick it to their produces" used for them.

At least they've steadily created good material since 2011 when both WF's and SHAFT's biggest hits Madoka and S;G came out. SHAFT only ever did two good series, Madoka and Monogatari.

nice opinion

>I've only seen Madoka and Monogatari

>SHAFT's biggest hits Madoka
Nigger, you even mentioned Monogatari in your post.

>SHAFT only ever did two good series, Madoka and Monogatari.
Someone hasn't been watching anime for more than a year.

>man=shaft
>dog=monogatari

>dog
You can't be this dumb

This.

It's clearly a cat.

So Shaft is beating a dead horse while Monogatari is nowhere to be seen?

SZS and Hidimari are the only two works besides Monogatari and Madoka that are even worth mentioning, and they're not particularly special. Everything else has been garbage, especially post-2011.

Shaft's self respect

n i c e
o p i n i o n

I bet you haven't even seen PPD, faggot.

hipsters hate anything that other people like

Why is that wombat underwater?

Do you patronize me you fucking nip. I would own you irl.

it's a fucking fish you cunt

this

I see the garbage known as Re:Zero has prompted idiots to jump on the White Fox studio war bandwagon.

Fuck off newfag.

Fish don't fuck, they just turn into girls and impregnate themselves.

It's only a shame because White Fox was a great studio worthy of recognition even before Re:Zero. Their body of work is better than SHAFT's.

The only worthwhile thing they've done is Steins;gate.

>Katanagatari
>GochiUsa
>The Devil is a Part Timer
>Jorungand

They release shows far less often than SHAFT, but when they do, they're way better.

Plus the VN was better

>Jorungand
Trash.

Whatever you say. Point is White Fox has produced like 10 shows, and the majority of them are better than decent. SHAFT has worked on like 20 shows, and only 1/4th of them are even worth mentioning, and nothing good has come out of the studio since 2011.

Not hate, just dislike how shilled and overrated it is.

When has a VN ever been worse than it's anime adaptation though?

If you want some perspective on how well WF did with the S;G adaptation, go watch Chaos;Head, and Robotic;Notes. Pure fucking trash.

White Fox is fairly new.

None of their shows are bad. They range from good to masterpiece.

>None of their shows are bad. They range from good to masterpiece.
You didn't watch Utawarerumono S2, did you?

>Jormungand
Nigger, that was awful.

> They release shows far less often than SHAFT,
Actually, they're about even. Since winter 2014, White Fox has released six TV series (Super Sonico, GochiUsa S1 and S2, Akame ga Kill, Itsuwari no Kamen, and Re:Zero), while Shaft has released seven (Hana, Tsuki, Owari, Nisekoi S1 and S2, Mekakucity, and Koufuku). The majority of both of those lists are bad.

Garbage taste.

>None of their shows are bad
Kill yourself, AgKfag.

>Both those lists are bad

You gotta be fucking joking if you think SHAFT's list is comparable to White Fox's even in that arbitrary timeline. Re:Zero and GochiUsa alone destroy SHAFT's lineup.

>None of their shows are bad.
>jormungand
>akame ga kill
>tears to tiara
>re:zero
>not bad

ppffttt

>SZS
>Mahoromatic
>Monogatari
>Hidamari Sketch
>Arakawa
>Pani Poni Dash

vs...

>Katanagatari
>Stein's Gate

So this is the power of WhiteFox... woah.

I'd say they're very comparable.
On White Fox's list, GochiUsa S1 and S2 are both very good, but Re:Zero is mediocre and everything else on White Fox's list is garbage.
On Shaft's list, Owari was very good, Tsuki was okay, Nisekoi S1 and Hana were mediocre, Mekakucity and Koufuku were garbage, and I didn't bother with Nisekoi S2.

>Re:Zero
>good

>I'd still say they're the best studio of choice to adapt anything that isn't a high school drama.
Are you insane? Shaft's style is excusively effective for absurd comedies and ironic wordy shit, if they tried to do a normal show it would be a mess.

>SHAFT
>animation

> Shaft's style is excusively effective for absurd comedies and ironic wordy shit
I wasn't aware Madoka was absurd or ironic. Or Hidamari, for that matter.

I know it's trendy to pretend like Re:Zero is bad now because it's popular and currently airing, but WF has done as good of a job with the adaptation as you could ask for.

Could you imagine a SHAFT Re:Zero adaptation? What the fuck would that even look like?

Sup Forums is a bunch of hipsters. Whenever something starts to become popular with the larger anime community we start to instinctively hate it, even if it's something we used to love.

Shit is lazy fag

Noice

Re:Zero is perfectly watchable. Can't be said about any Monogatari adaptaion that came out after SS including Kizu. Also can't be said about Nisekoi, Jun and Cocking sluts.

>What happened?

Shinbo keeps shitting out the same formulaic garbage year after year with little innovation or evolution of his craft. He used to be cutting edge but now every release he shits out seems to be a bad parody of his previous successes. Not only that Shaft has made alot of poor choices in picking series to adapt - Meikaku City Actors, Denpa Onna, Kofuku Graffiti, Sasami-san etc all terrible series. Then there's the "sell out" series SHAFT got stuck with - nisekoi and the monogatari series, which shaft churned out in an almost mechanical fashion with little care or devotion to their craft. IMO for SHAFT to become good again they need to ditch Shinbo and move away from his style. It's become stale, and that's exactly what SHAFT has become.

Yeah no. Nisekoi >>> Re Zero.

Steins;Gate is by White Fox, not Shaft

only bakemonogatari was watchable. the rest is reddit tier trash

Read the post again.

White Fox is way more versatile than SHAFT. They've already shown that they could do a Gatari series as well or better than SHAFT, they've done Isekai, Sci-Fi, and Moe all with success, and their upcoming Mahou Shojo will be up to par with Madoka.

>What happened?
Nothing, and that's the problem.

Not really. The Nisekoi manga is fine but goddamn that anime took away everything Komi worked for to say LUL architecture and Shinbo style LUL

>Utawarerumono S2
Utawarerumono S2 is shit

What a horrible opinion. Nisekoi is generic as fuck, and I actually like harems. I gave the show an honest chance, and watched like 15 episodes before it was just too boring for me to continue.

Not really, no one wished for Shaft to do this except for Nisio himself

>The Nisekoi manga is fine

>good
>bad
>bad
>average
>bad
>bad

vs
>masterpiece
>masterpiece

So this is the power of SHAFT... woah.

So even when you're saying shaft is bad, you choose to defend them by saying the material was bad in the first place.

I think my dog has autism

fix that Kumiko senpai

Cause no SZS season 4

*15位/*15位 (**1,185 pt) [*,**3予約] 16/10/26 クビキリサイクル 青色サヴァンと戯言遣い 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]

Meanwhile KyoAni's recent attempts

Chu2koi s2 BD Box sells 719.
High Speed adds 259/396, total 29,979 in wk5.

The chuuni show sure dropped like a stone.

Wasn't that one movie a big failure as well?

They're also making more money than shaft either way.

>monogatari
>bad

>Steins;gate / Katanagatari
>Masterpiece

You have shit taste my friend.

Monogatari is kind of mediocre and repetitive past the first season.

They don't release enough. They only rely on two shitty series which makes them highly overrated. Saying that Shaft is better than any other studios with more show released than them is something only fanboys and posers do. /Thread

Fan service the anime, normal fags, of course. Normal fags have better taste and judgement than you bitch ass weebs.

Fuck you user. I want to rewatch Katanagatari now.

SHAFT will save Fate.

>/threading your own post

It'd odd nobody criticises SHAFT for being "sell outs" in doing 4 or 5 series of both Hidamari Sketch and SZS which were at that point their most successful series they had made. Also fuck you Denpa Onna is great all round one of the most sincere feeling anime in its genre I have come across.

What happened with JC Staff is better than Shaft shitposting?

JC Staff is a used up whore. Same for SHAFT really. White Fox and SilverLink have taken their place.

Because Mekakucity is a cash-grab? Also Monogatari other than the 1st season. They are not great too. Shaft are a bunch of sell-outs.