Why didn't NERV just hire a few child psychologists?

Why didn't NERV just hire a few child psychologists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_6MX1ZHZk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Gendo didn't give a fuck. In fact, he was probably counting on Asuka going insane.

Why didn't they just use more than one Rei clone at once to pilot Eva's?

Because there's only one soul stuck in eva 00

Rei could pilot 02

Psychologists are a meme.

That's what the dummy plugs were.

The three sentient Reis were the same soul put in 3 different bodies.

It's never too late to get help user

Stable people make poor soldiers.

Obviously the dummy plugs weren't that, because they didn't fucking work, whereas Rei did. Although, I think they would have worked if they didn't put them in Shinji's Eva.

Why didn't they just clone Asuka and Shinji?

Why didn't Asuka, Rei and Misato just have a threesome?

This show is full of plotholes.

Wouldn't have been enough. Being synced to a giant humanoid weapon and fealing its pain is bad enough. Being mindraped by angels is far worse. Asuka had enough of that.

What was Pen-pen's endgame?

Really they should have all just fucked like they wanted to.

This. Being fucked up actually made EVAs stronger. Asuka who has more gut and handled herself better sucked as a pilot but when she hit bottom her EVA became an overkill beast.

Gendo counts on them being as unhappy and messed up as possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=L_6MX1ZHZk8

Roughly translated, he said "We shall turn all humans into tang, I will finally be the emperor penguin! Viva la Penguina!"

They spent all their budget for buildings that can retract themselves already.

AT fields require them to be fucked up.
Why do you think every pilot in that school lost a parent.
A child psychologist would only negate their effectiveness.

Less issues, weaker AT fields, suddenly your pilots are even more useless. Not sure if that's actually canon, but given the massive number of issues the pilots had, the nature of what AT fields are and how they work, and how Gendo was excessively a dick to Shinji, it makes some amount of sense.

why didn't they just let Kensuke pilot the Evas?
he'd fucking kill all the angels by episode 3

why Kensuke?

Because in Eva logic children are just disposable tools meanwhile adults are most important making all the hard work.

I dont remember this scene.
Where can find for make a 1080 webm?

no room in the budget

He wanted to pilot one for the longest time. Asuka was similar, but she had ulterior motives. Kensuke just really wanted to pilot one.

Mental instability was an important part of being a good eva pilot.

underated comment

The AT field is the ultimate form of rejecting people. (The barrier that separates people's hearts)

The Eva pilots have metal issues (Whatever they may be) that result in them rejecting others.

The act of relying on their detrimental psychological issues, reinforces their EVA Sync-Ratios.

A few child psychologists, would undo the whole Eva-Sync process...

>I dont remember this scene.
Go away.

hypothesis doesn't jive with evidence, son. If that's true, Asuka should have been syncing through the roof by the end.

That's after she got over her problems, and realized the Eva was her mother.

And I was going off of the tv show anyway but whatever.

Because they're employed by NERV so most likely they'd be just as fucked up as the children.

Wrong. If they were mentally stable, their synch rates would raise and their EVAS would perform better. Remember when Asuka's psyche was detroyed by that Angel? She no longer could pilot her EVA anymore. It wasn't until her mother cheer her up that she was able to fight the mass produced EVAS. There was no reason for NERV to keep them fucked up, except that the plot demanded it in order to explore the deep psychological issues about humans.

>tumblr gif
Get the fuck out.

Nah she was thinking about hating but people needed her and stuff so her fighting was part of bonding

Shingi was trying to bond but told everyone to fuck off and then shit went to fuck and then theirs no one to bond with.

It wasn't in the budget.

The at fields are ego Asukahad her mom step in and give her a healthy boost to it by letting her ease it up.

So it's a ridiculous boost positive ego means rad boost.

While Shingi had no way of attaining this in any form so him reject the world was him at his peak in at field.

pretty much this

most of the questions you have for Eva can be answered with "because Gendo was a dick"

rest is explained with "because of the Illuminati and aliens"

First time i watched i thought he was going to end up being the end boss for sure.

>Why do you think every pilot in that school lost a parent.
Because that parents soul was used for the EVAs control system.

What's with japanese peoples love for utility knives as weapons?
The design really makes for a pretty useless weapon compared to even a standard steak knife.

It's just a tv show, it's not real

My mind makes it real.

Okay, can why knives?

Why not a polearm?

Why not a boomerang?

Several official promo images show one of the EVAs with a spear/polearm. The problem is, that's too logical for Anno to allow. Much more dramatic to force the EVAs up close and personal with the Angels.
Also, it would cut into the unique nature of the Lance of Longinus.

Didn't Asuka use one against the splitting Angel?

>much more bitching and whining

Yep. You're right.
It was so ineffectual I completely forgot about it.

Literally this, that's why you get Rei clones instead.

I forgot the word candidate. Every student in their class (not school, sorry) is a pilot candidate and every one of them lost a parent.

>That's after she got over her problems
That sequence showed Asuka reverting instead of progressing beyond her problems.

The whole physiological issue revolves on the pilots relationship with their mothers.

That scene showed Asuka reverting to her old ways.
>note how her expression is the same.
It is contrasted to Shinji (who progressed)

>IT WAS THE POINT OF THE WHOLE MOVIE!

Who cares.

Because Eva is a poorly written piece of shit that only oldfags give a shit about.

It's because Owning firearms is next to impossible in Japan, Knives are an alternative.

Psychologists wouldn't be able to do much with them, what they need is a good family therapy to join lost ties. Without it the most you could expect to do is to create a co-dependency situation in which Asuka would want to rape you in every session.

(you)

Why they didn't hire normies childrens with no daddy issue or mental illness to remove easily some angels ?

Setting them up and knocking them down.

savage mother fucker

What are you saying senpai?

01 would only work with Shinji because Yui is a bitch. 00 is a fucking piece of shit like the owner. 02 is everyone's whore, so you somehow have a point for that one, but Asuka was supposed to be the best one of them all. The rest are hijacked as fuck.

>normies
crossboard cancer go away.

Is that from Death/ReBirth? I don't remember this from the series (though, I don't know if I really watched the director's cut of 25/26) or The End of Evangelion.

Directors Cut episode 22.

Oh shit. Didn't know there was one for 22. Do you know if it's on the blu-ray? I didn't watch them yet.

Yes its on bluray.

I only know of episodes 21-24

Ep 21

do you think Asuka and Shinji will finally fuck in the last rebuild movie?
If this will be the last Evangelion Anno does then he should at least sooth his heart and soul with a good note.

The rebuilds are pretty unimportant I'd actually be somewhat happy being able to get a laugh out of it if that happened.

Read my post again.
There are plenty of better knives to use instead of a shitty breakblade utility knife.

I also think they should use pic related to promote birthrate on japan. It would be a wise investment for the government IMO.

Instead of you know, showing kaworu fagg shit.

oop's

If the knife gets damaged it can easily be replaced.

>If the knife gets damaged it can easily be replaced.
The knife gets easily damaged because it is meant to break into sections.

because gendo wanted soldiers who would do as he said, and never question so he could go forward with human instrumentality. As a result he was forced to use child soldiers, knowing while they would be mentally unstable and generally unreliable, they wouldn't question or get in the way of human instrumentality.

Shinji et al were just "useful idiots" for NERV and Gendo, their survival was not necessary.

But those types of knives are commonly used in japan. They're fairly iconic.

Those were good enough to bring down the Twin Towers.

look at this

Doesn't really make it a good weapon, but i get it.
It's the type of knife most Japs are used to other than kitchen knives, i guess availability is a consideration.

Yeah, you got it. The answer is "because it looks right".

You mean "because it looks cool."
Remember, this is Anno we're talking about. Anno making his Super Depression Angsty Teenage Happy Robot Fighting Super Show.
Oh, and don't forget, Shinji had a Bowie knife.
Granted, a much more practical combat knife, there's still no real reason it had to be this design other than aesthetics.

That answers a completely different question than was asked, but it's a good answer if you ever find the complementary question.

Fanwank:

Distressed children makes the 2nd Eva function better.

3rd Evangelion was also likely like this.

After they nailed that, they just "dubbed" a program into the mass produced ones.

Chance of Shinji's mom would ripping the cockpit out and smash the pilot as an abomination?

>first girl is Misato

BEST GIRL

Dunno, but in Rebuild he became a giant fucking airship.

Lol, not in real life though

There was a scene where Gendo is on a ship in what used to be Antarctica, and he says something along the lines of First Impact cancelling Original Sin. Not sure how exactly that affects the mechanics of it all, but it seems like adults who try to pilot get absorbed into the EVA. Nerv having to use kids wasn't a choice, though.

Also, Shinji isn't being used as casually as that. The inside of an EVA is super safe. Heavily armed and armored, and it will go berzerk to protect its baby. Gendo is willing to sacrifice anyone, because when he achieves instrumentality he'll see them again, and with no barriers of human defensiveness between them. In other words, work now, explain later.

Anno probably doesn't trust psychiatrists. EVA was sort of a psychodrama for him to work through the traumas of his past. If therapy or medication had been working for him, EVA would be Nadesico. If therapy didn't work for Anno, why would it work for his self-insert?

>Anno never had giant organic robots
>Therefore, Shinji never had a giant organic robot

And Shinji and Asuka broke 100% tandem piloting 02 and Shinji's activation of 00 in the cross synchronization experiment actually went slightly better than Rei's first activation of 00.

The Eva's were powered by the unbalanced minds of young teens.

>fug cutie haffus

Well they're on average cuter than normal nip girls.

>anno doesn't trust psychiatrists

This. Anno is an insande repressed homosexual that wants to be back in the limelight.

Hes bill waterson tier faggotry of IM RELEVANT STILL. ]

Pathetic.

Wasn't Asuka finally realizing that the 'soul' of the EVA was her actual mother? Not the retard that still inhabited her body?

She spent all that time as a kid trying to understand what her mother had become, but at this point, she understood that fighting in the EVA = Her mother protecting her, since her soul was in it, just like Shinji's mom was in unit 01.

That and she also figure out the idea of AT fields, which were basically just a super strong form of the 'boundaries' that we have as human beings, in effect, her realizing her sense of self and how strong it was, it was her finding joy in being an individual again, along with realizing that her mother didn't abandon her, she was in the EVA the whole time.

I figured that's why she returned at the end of the movie, because she, along with Shinji, preferred being separate beings, they valued their individuality enough to keep living separated, instead of being in the tang hive mind.

You have problems, user

Is this "I feel sick" different "I feel sick" or "Disgusting" in japanese than she said in the ending?

anno please were worried about you. Seek medical attention.

The one in the ending was "Kimochi warui" wasn't it? I'm no expert, but can't that be used in either instance? Generally it just means "It feels bad" in the most simplest of terms.