Hoshi no Samidare

I just finished reading this. The anime adaption is coming any day now, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTYRrn1Q6j8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At this point I would rather have a Spirit Circle or Sengoku Youko anime.

I remember saying those words 10 years ago.

spirit circle was better than biscuit hammer for the most part but wasn't as engaging.

We've been saying this for years, user. Perhaps one day. Though I think most of us would give anything to have even any of his series animated. Spirit Circle would be great, since it technically connects to all of Mizukami's manga.

when hiatus x hiatus gets off the boat

Right after The Voynich Hotel.

But the manga hadn't ended ten years ago. In fact, it was like one volume in and untranslated.

We got an adaptatio of some obscure VN from 10 years ago just a few weeks ago so i think there is still hope user.

Japs tried to meme it into existence right as the manga was ending but it didn't happen. They couldn't even get it to the top of the poll they tried to brigade.

>a bunch of discordant blatantly exploitative vignettes were good
Spirit Circle was fucking trash. No camaraderie. No friendship. It's nearly a fucking anthology of throw away chapters.
I hate you.

Is Spirit Circle worth reading?

imo I think it's the best of the three

>No camaraderie. No friendship

you had that consistently throughout time and space (kinda the whole point of the series)

Soon.

It will get animated the same season we get Onani Master Kurosawa and Molester Man.

I really don't see how's Spirit Circle or Sengoku Youko is better then Hoshi no Samidare.

Perhaps people just don't enjoy SOL/coming of age as I do.

>Sup Forums said it was good
>it was shit

The only thing it doesn't do better than Samidare is romance.

You're shit.

Snake Knight best girl

Samidare started strong but had a really weak ending, largely because the main antagonist ended up being a complete waste of space with no actual motivation. Spirit Circle on the other hand got better as the story went on.

More personally, I enjoyed Spirit Circle's moral conflicts a lot more than Samidare's coming-of-age drama.

>tfw Gainax will never animate Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer because they're too busy shilling shitty movies, OVAs, and marketing series

>Gainax
The dead can't make anime, user.

Obligatory reminder that Fortuna did nothing wrong.

>too busy tomato farming
FTFY

You just have shit taste

God, the series ended so badly. Such a waste. And it turned into harem shit as well.

And technically coming-of-age, since Spirit Circle isn't a coming-of-age story to begin with.

Spirit Circle got better? Haha, no.

Cool opinion bro.

yep

youtube.com/watch?v=KTYRrn1Q6j8

Don't hurt me like this user

user why

You're retarded

>the main antagonist ended up being a complete waste of space with no actual motivation
He was a psychopath who wanted to keep smashing the earth and going further and further back in time so he could see how the universe began

Which one are you referring to?

It hurts everyday.
Mahoromatic and Abenobashi were excellent series.

I just want the past back.

You now realize the reason why Koko in particular was so upset with Fortuna for killing a bunch of people she doesn't know is because her own parents are people she doesn't know who were killed.

He was still right though.

Yes, that's my point. He was a mustache-twirling saturday cartoon supervillain in a series that was introducing sentient golems to imply the protagonist's opposition would actually be sympathetic.

His goal could have been anything from world domination to ejaculating on the cosmic dust left behind by the planet's explosion because his character and objective was completely irrelevant to anyone as anything other than a bad guy to beat up at the end of the story.

You're being a bit harsh. Few stories have villains that have motivations directly relevant to the protag apart from they're going to kill/destroy something the protag cares about. The thrust of the story isn't even the struggle between the knights and animus anyway, but the knights themselves. The cosmic game being played between Anima and Animus is only tangentially relevant to the story so far as it gives the knights a reason to exist.

>his character and objective was completely irrelevant to anyone as anything other than a bad guy to beat up at the end of the story.

I think this is all the manga really needed him to be, honestly. Biscuit Hammer only needs its antagonist to produce conflict that will facilitate the adventure and camaraderie of its main cast, which are the most important plot points to begin with. Biscuit Hammer was never supposed to be full of morally ambiguous strife, and in that sense I don't think the villain needs to be anything other than a big evil dude.

If the focus of the story's conflict was supposed to be between the knights and not animus, then someone else, presumably a knight, should have been the main antagonist. That was not the case, the omnipotent manchild plot device was the manga's main antagonist. There was nobody else who could possibly be given the title of main antagonist within the story, despite how utterly he failed in that position.

You're mistakenly believing that the antagonist has to be the primary source of conflict in the story. Perhaps it's better to say the conflict between the Knights and Animus is a framing device to tell the real story, rather than the story actually being about Animus vs Knights

>only needs its antagonist to produce conflict
An obstacle =/= a conflict.

Dude, it's too much for Sup Forums.

>You're mistakenly believing that the antagonist has to be the primary source of conflict in the story.

>main
>chief in size, extent, or importance; principal; leading:

>antagonist
> a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary.
>the adversary of the hero or protagonist of a drama or other literary work:

I don't see how the most important opposition to the protagonist could possibly be anything other than the largest source of conflict in the story.

"I just finished reading this. The anime adaption is coming any day now, right?" says nothing about Samidare or anything specific, really.

>The thrust of the story isn't even the struggle between the knights and animus anyway, but the knights themselves
There was conflict between the knights? Even the edgy one became best friends with the protagonist in like 2 chapters.

This, spirit circle was amazing

Not that user, but it felt more like a coming of age story, inner conflict and all that, most of the characters don't really seem all that disturbed by the world's possible destruction.

Why does Sup Forums wank this so much?
Struggled to read even half of it.

>samidare

Good read but overrated by Sup Forums.

Coming of age stories are easy for people to blow out of proportion. See: TTGL.

Samidare is shit compared to the other two

NEVER
E
V
E
R

Samidare is better than the shonenshit called Sengoku youko