Why don't North Koreans just cross the border to Russia? It shouldn't be that hard...

Why don't North Koreans just cross the border to Russia? It shouldn't be that hard, the area is sparsely populated and I doubt the borderland is very guarded. The Tumen river freezes during the winter which makes it even easier.
If that doesn't work, the defectors could just take a boat and swim to Russia through the sea of Japan, it would be much easier than swimming to China

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreans_in_China#North_Koreans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why don't North Koreans just cross the border to Russia? It shouldn't be that hard,

pretty ironic coming from a german

Because it's a deadly frozen mountainous wasteland and if they get caught they'll surely be killed or sent to a camp.

Also they have to somehow get to the border first from whatever town they live in.

Everyone is too tired from famine.

Why would you assume life would be any better in Russia of all places?

Pic related, electric fence
>Flag
You should know all about those

They could hide in the forests and swim across the river

when your country is so great you have fences to keep your people in.

Russia is sure as hell better than North Korea

Well they're also led to believe that China is the land of prosperity and hope.

russia and china deport migrants back to north korea
you also have to wade through a bunch of water to go through russia iirc

Gonna take a wild guess and say you're posting from east Germany

What's the point? They don't know the language, or were to go from there. Even if they somehow reach the city, they will be arrested because they have no legit documents and sent back.
Also both Russia and China stationed troops to their border with best korea many months ago.

But i admit the though of Korean qt slave that i will hide from authorities and teach the language have crossed my mind. Desperate girls are the best.

>has to cross the Tumen River
>in a weather below 0 degree celsius
>with a body that looks something out of Auschwitz concentration camp
>has a chance of it guarded by North Korean border guards
>after crossing the border, you have a coal mine full of Korean workers enslaved by the Russians

It’s very rare for a North Korean to escape via Russian border. Most North Koreans escapes either to China or South Korea, but it all boils down to escaping en route Shenyang, China if they want a good life in South Korea since most of the rescue missions are secretly operated in Shenyang or so I heard.

>If you want a QT Asian slave, why not just go to Khazakstan?

Too risky. They don't know language, they have no money and nowhere to go. Not to mention north korean KGB hunting them down (not even joking, they literally send assassins after them). It does happen sometimes, but very rarely. I also heard that south koreans sometimes are trying to help them if possible. Why even bother, when you can escape to China?

Isn't China even riskier tho

Well I don't know, but they have a shitload of them in China.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreans_in_China#North_Koreans

The safest route to freedom when escaping North Korea would be riding a boat to Japan and then continuing on to South Kore, but most Koreans would rather choose to go to China because they legit believe that the Americans stationed there will torture them and eat their kids

Because russia and China have agreed to return southies back to Kim

Because the Russian and Chinese enforce their national boundaries?

why would anyone want a chinky girl