Explain to me why anyone should be allowed to live off of "investments" ????

explain to me why anyone should be allowed to live off of "investments" ????

Why should someone not be allowed to live off investments?

Because its your money being used to create more money?

Are you serious?

After weed, investing is the best thing you can use your money for.

They shouldn't. The parents of these leeches did a bad investment and their money was wasted. These liberals should be cut off from all aid and left to starve to death.

it's literally money for no actual work. The church banned usury for a reason for centuries. The mistake was allowing the jews to control it.

Anyone with discipline can live comfortably by investing. Why wouldn't you want to encourage that?

I wish that could be my life, instead, I've been working at Walmart for the past 12 years.

I live on Investments / dividend payments.
It works good, keeps me stable.
Not our fault you where never taught how the system actually works when you where young like I did.
I literally live off debt / credit, borrowed money for my investments, had the investments pay the principle and interest, re invested the profits in the same as I went to school and worked a mediocre job. In 4 years I was worth 1 million, 4 years after that was worth 6 million. Used that credit to reinvest and now am worth $35+ million. Its all credit and I just spend the dividend payments.
It's like a legal way of kiting.

because we should have a single lender system with a fixed low interest rate that is universal... no preferential treatment except for a credit score. No tiers. Only pass or fail. You either qualify or you don't for a loan amount. The interest rate is always the FED rate.

so right now all loans to qualifying citizens would be 1.25% anything more than this is literally just thievery from the rich on the poor.

>DUDE
>WEED
>LMAO
Kys plantfag

If you weren't worthless and had the capabilities, or were fortunate enough to have access to the means, of making money without real work, you would too.

The rationale is that investments, unless you have a shit ton of money and can be okay with consistent but lower returns, are kinda risky.

Wal mart is more selective I hear to get a spot to work at than ivies for admission.

>making me feel insecure is literally worse than rape, murder and an invasion from Mexico
What did she mean by this?
I'd actually agree if she conceded that the (((rich))) brought these problem people here

I know you're joking but in the off chance you're not. I actually have $500k saved up myself. I have it invested in vanguard index funds about 70% Stocks(domestic and foreign) and 30% bonds.

Over the long term I am hoping for a 7% average return. I am hoping to retire in my early 40s with around 2 Million I am 25 now.

Fuck off with your communist bullshit
Free market you little shit

How I put bread on the table is none of you're god damned business

>explain to me why anyone should be allowed to live off of "investments" ????
If you don't understand that, you couldn't understand the answer.
(Not meant to be an insult, just a statement of fact.)

Because they used their brains or hard work to save money and invest, or their parents did in order to provide a good life for their children
Filthy communists are nothing but (((thieves)))

>They shouldn't. The parents of these leeches did a bad investment and their money was wasted. These liberals should be cut off from all aid and left to starve to death.
OP said nothing about parents. Your assumptions say something about you, but nothing about OP's question.

It's literally giving your money to someone else on the gamble that they do well, and it's a completely consensual transaction, you fucking moron. You commie faggots need to stop pretending that John Walmart comes to your house, puts a gun to your head and forces you to agree to his terms of servitude.

How so? We have job fairs just for this store.

You're probably facetious, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see an ivy reject me since I don't have a GED, haha.

>start a business
>the main thing you need to improve is capital
>some guy invests capital into you
>your business grows
>everyone profits
Now tell me how sucking welfare or being unemployed helps.

It's not my problem that you're a brainlet. There is a group of people who are living off investments who are a massive problem, and it's not the rich people.

I invested in a local internet company when they had 6 employees On the advise of Micheal Geist.

They now have 600+ employees and control 20% of the Canadian internet market.
Also now invested in toilet paper, toothpaste, Gold, copper, tampons and oil.
I don't invest in anything people don't use everyday.

>it's literally money for no actual work
But that's where you're wrong
>not understanding markets, trends, futures

Her face looks like it was inflated then scrunched.

Have you ever started a business user?
Starting capital is near impossible to get.
So when a lazy fat cat hands you a brick of cash as an investment, it is clear that he contributed just as much or MORE to your business as the CEO who does all the leg work 18 hours a day.

how can someone with half a mil saved be fucking dumb enough to park it in vanguard index funds and bonds (I'm assuming treasury, not corporate or muni that actually have yield)?

damn that's solid. thx for the tips will read up on this.

what can I say? I am very risk averse. I worked really hard since I was high school(didn't finish). I got a GED plus 2 years at community college. I don't think I know less than my peers with college degrees however.

I just have very low risk tolerance. I know I can squeeze 10-12% if I go more risky but this is my retirement fund.

>what can I say? I am very risk averse. I worked really hard since I was high school(didn't finish). I got a GED plus 2 years at community college. I don't think I know less than my peers with college degrees however.
>I just have very low risk tolerance. I know I can squeeze 10-12% if I go more risky but this is my retirement fund.

my advice is get some crypto bro

it's ok to have low risk tolerance, but understand two things:

1) equities, even at the index level, aren't as low risk as you'd might imagine 9 years into a face-ripping bull market, not to mention that funds like vanguard strip alpha through fees

2) bonds are a meme, especially treasuries at these levels. even the high-yield spread is at shit levels.

find a reputable financial advisor, specifically someone that works with high net-worth individuals. i don't think 500k will qualify you for HNW necessarily, but there's a lot more options for you that are a lot better than what you're doing.

t. I was unsuccesful with my investments so people who are succesful with investments should be punished

who said anything about churches?
> yeah well this totally unrelated thing im bringing up ex post facto matters for some inexplicable reason
i remember when trolling was as artform. each work customized for the recipient. now it's a bunch of Huffington Post reading retards acting like reddit personified.