Why do countries located further from the equator tend to be more developed?

Why do countries located further from the equator tend to be more developed?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Warm weather makes people lazy.

Humans are incomparable with environments where the temperature regularly exceeds 60°C.

Only when inhabited by white people

What about these?

Don't believe me?

>Live in hot place
>Just masturbate all day and eat berries off the bush and fall a sleep in your earthmound
>Live in cold place
>Your balls are freezing so you hate to build a hut, figure out how to store/preserve food and build a shack that keeps you warm
Weak and stupid die while smarties get to live

>still using Celsius as a measure of ambient temperate

Fucking disgusting.

We'll say 40N is the limit, then

Unless you find an equilibrium again like the Eskimoes, with thick coats and a high fat diet so you go back to doing absolutely nothing other than hunting again.

fpbp the TL;DR of it.

High IQs develop further away from the Equator. Europe and North-East Asia. Why?

Well, the theory is pretty simple. Basically, in order to survive the changes in seasons (namely, the freezing death that is winter), humans farther away from the equator had to be able to think ahead and prepare. They had to be able to delay present pleasure in expectation of future reward (namely, they had to learn to store and save their food because winter would make it scare in the future). Those who did not have the brain power to consider this... died. Those who were smart enough to delay reward (long time horizons) tended to survive, breed, and have more smart children. So it was that the Proto-Chinese of Central Asia and the Proto-Europeans developed higher IQs. Today, IQ is tied to performance in the economy as well as staying out of prison. What's another big problem for ending up in prison? Short time horizons and the inability to consider the consequences of your actions.

Meanwhile, around the equator, the seasons didn't change very much. Food is plentiful year-round, be it non-migratory game or fruits falling from the trees. As a result, high IQ was not required as much to survive and breed, so more of these humans remained stupid.

benis
t. spurdo

Eskimos don't exactly have large population sizes. Many of them still die or don't get to breed.

you mean like antarctica? you stupid fuck

I always wondered what would drive them to live so far north and in such conditions. Seems to me, even conflict and risk of being wiped out is preferable to eking out a meager existence in the cold.

How do they got selected out though? Wont they just take the food from the rich come winter?

they had to keep a fire going most of the time which led them to experiment with its properties and metallurgy

tribes living very close to the equator in Africa do have to deal with dry seasons and migration seasons. how do they factor into this?

Also, humans are social creatures, how would the specimens unable to plan ahead be weeded out if the rest of the tribes could share their stored supplies?

The rich have plenty and could dedicate themselves to developing more efficient weaponry and training, as they didn't need to concern themselves with obtaining food, they had more than enough.

Thank you

That is Gondola, friendo

kek

Visit the uk
It's okay in summer
But in winter its all gales, constant rain, freezing cold, damp and darkness. Our ancestors must have had to be organised to get enough prepared in summer to survive the winter.
I didn't want to get out of bed today, it's so fucking ridiculous here in autumn/winter. I might take advantage of our remaining time in the EU and get a little house maybe in Rhodes or somewhere similar, just for winter.
(Those little cinderblock houses can't cost much - any Greeks here who know? I don't care how basic they are, I just need a bed a PlayStation and a cupboard as long as I've got the beach outside my door and the sun in the sky - its fucking pitch black here 16 hours a day.)

>farenheifags

>Also, humans are social creatures, how would the specimens unable to plan ahead be weeded out if the rest of the tribes could share their stored supplies?
low pop density and low speed
Can't really bring enough to feed that tribe 3 days from here if you're the only moron trying to and don't have a cart or barge to carry more than what you need to eat during the week it'd take you to do the whole trip (assuming you stay there for a day)
so you need to revolutionize transport first, and for that you need to have the need and enough leeway to do so, aka produce enough food to survive winter but not enough that a neighbouring tribe's excess supplies wouldn't be welcome

gondolas are getting fucking ridiculous

Because the equator is a shithole. We tend to live on flat, stable, nutrient-rich land. You dont get regions that satisfy all of these conditions in the equator by very nature of it being the equator.
- Flat?
Only in a few places (Amazon Rainforest, Gold coast) is the terrain flat. However, with so much rainfall, the flat regions become swampy. Good luck building a civilization in a swamp.

- Stable?
When I mean stable, I mean the rigidity of the land itself. Again, much of the land on the equator is swampy. You can move onto the highlands (such as in Panama or Columbia), but the land is simply not stable (landslides, flash floods, etc).

- Nutrient-rich?
In the equatorial regions, high levels of rainfall generally mean that the land is not fertile. The excess water would wash away the nutrients that plants need. If you wanted to build a civilization on the mouths of these rivers (where the nutrients are), then it's possible, but then you run into the problem of the land being swampy and unstable.

Surely there are more reasons that I missed.

Magnetism and magnets

Is the opposite, you throw some seeds and a tree growths, you are hungry go out and catch a monkey, there is a lot of food all year and you dont have to work for it, instead European needs to think how to survive the winter

At one point. But now this is reversing. Most cold countries are welfare states full of fatties and many hot countries are third world struggle to survive.

Maybe the real problem with climate change is that it's going to make more of the planet warm enough to not freeze people.

If you go from the Out of Africa Theory and the Neolithic migrartions back in those days when we had more land for example...

I don't think so. In those days the north would be far less hospitable, with the ice age and all.

To be fair, people back then didn't seem to give much of a shit of what was "Hospitable" as we do nowadays.
The Eskimos are today to be on north Canada, Alaska, Greenland and freaking Siberia, specifically that part which is closest to alaska.
kinda like in the map pic related shows that I got from Wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo

They tend to be further away from Africa.

/thread

It's the heat. Hot countries are for negroes.

it is known
the strong magnetism of the poles interacts with our brains, giving us superpower

>Why do countries located further from the equator tend to be more developed?