Why do you like MC?

>Why do you like MC?
>Because he's nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=elrnAl6ygeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you don't like the answers you get, stop asking people.

It used to make me angry, but now it only fills me with sadness.

You can't say "Because he's good at sports/music/science", you can't say "Because he can do X", you can't say anything with substance.
Because then the pathetic otaku without any skills, without any personal abilities or hobbies, would feel wounded, they'd think "She'd never like me, I'm not good at X. Like hell I'm buying the BDs"

And even the "Because he's nice" thing plays out on their pathetic mentalities.

Like a /r9k/ manchild, the typical basement dweller thinks that if you're not openly insulting women means you're nice. In real life, people are given compliments for niceness only when they're saint-tier good people. But otaku who've never stepped into the sun don't know that. They think that just because they've never done anything too bad (and how could they, as shutins who can't talk to people?), they must be 'nice' by process of elimination.

"I like MC because he's nice" is the most pathetic way an anime can pander to its audience.
It fills me with an enormous sadness every time, imagining the kind of already-dead delusional man who hears that and goes "Hehe, I'm nice too, she'd like me!"

Seriously, stop watching harem shows if you don't like harem staples.

It's not just a problem with harems, and not all harems make use of the "Because he's nice" shit.

I've just explained why it's the saddest thing in the entire anime and manga industry.
I don't even think I've properly conveyed how soul-crushingly heartbroken it makes me every time, just imagining the kind of human wreck whose life is so devoid of substance that a baseless and plainly false compliment like that would make them feel like someone liked them.

It's because a lot of 14 year old ''nice guys'' who are friendzoned watch anime.
They're just catering to their audience by giving them hope.
>look at all these cute animu grills they totally like a basic nice guy just like you
>this could be you
>give us money, don't kill yourself nano desu

DELET THIS

You don't need to keep responding to it, OP. Once is enough.

>MC, you see, I actually love y-
>HUGE NOISE COVERS UP THE REST LOOOOL ISN'T THIS HILARIOUS AND RANDUMB XDDD

Romance in shonen is the worst fucking cancer to ever plague worldwide printed and animated media.

Well it does seem exceptionally attractive when paired up with another staple, MC's perverted male friend who's there to make him look like a gentleman.

Funny thing is, in the real world the perverted and "undesirable" male friend would be chosen over the boring as fuck MC 99 times out of 100.

That doesn't seem to be the case as the MC is typically the "pervert" who keeps having accidents leading to him either ogling or fondling some girl's private parts.

>MC, I love yo-
>Interrupted for whatever reason
>MC doesn't understand what the girl wanted to say even though it's fucking obvious and it couldn't possibly be anything else

If I were Japanese, I'd feel insulted knowing authors think I'm dumb enough to like this trash

But he does it accidentally, and the audience knows that.
The point is that the lonely otaku must feel like they're nice people, and everyone who doesn't think must be just misunderstanding them.
Just like in anime the MC is a perfect stick in the mud who 'accidentally' is seen as not being so.

>from that day onward, the MC starts greeting the girl with "Yo", and displays what he understands as hiphop culture.

And people wonder why NTR is so popular. Seeing these 'nice guys' get cucked is the ultimate pleasure

Expressing that you're down to fuck is an important step in eventually getting to fuck.

What would be the best and most compelling reason a girl likes an MC?

Seriously.
People who hate it do it wrong.
You're not supposed to self insert in the pathetic betacuck, you're supposed to insert into the alpha stealing the girl away

Or in the girl losing to the cock

Now I want to watch an anime about a girls' school where one of the first years wears a strap-on dildo to school as a subtle hint for potential interested parties.

>Confess in last episode
>MC doesn't hear it
For what purpose?

Boosts sales for the portion of the audience who likes that girl, but doesn't alienate otaku who were rooting for someone else.

Literally no other purpose.

I wish this applied to me. Apparently I offend others by my presence alone.

You're not alone. Yesterday a boy suddenly noticed me like 2 yards behind him and he just started running like I was wearing a suicide belt.

More than one reason. You don't immediately like someone so much that you stick with that person for your whole life. It takes time and real effort to know and care for him/her, a fact that basement otaku cannot comprehend.

>He thinks being nicer than others isn't a legit merit that won't attract the attention of potential companions

Fucking plebeian, crawl back to /u/.

Is that there needs to be something MORE, user. Something more.

>legit merit

Nope. Hell even as a man I see people who are just nice but have no other merits as someone who will at best get used by others. Women see them much much worse than men do, so you can imagine.

He's attractive, has many friends and has money.

That might be the case for some series, but look at pic related. He's athletic, he's attractive, he has a big dick, and he's a talented gardener. Those are all good reasons to fall for him, and they're mostly pretty shallow as well.

You see, it's not just about making MC status seem attainable for the average otaku. It's about giving the girls some depth. "He's nice" sounds dumb, but sometimes that's because the character is trying to describe feelings that can't be expressed in words. That's a typical human experience when it comes to love.
That said, plenty of harems fall short of having female characters with real personality, and "he's nice" becomes a placeholder for actual writing.

>first chapter
>MC-kun I really love you
>I-I love you too.

>Rich
>/fit/
>Know how to make sandwich/curry/burger/miso soup
>Can do housework
>Won't force you to have sex when you don't like it because he will be busy fucking others
>Stronk, can bitchslap anyone you hate

But i cant self insert into anything

Then spread your legs and become the vessel for self insertion.

I was going to say so a shoujo MC but then
>>Won't force you to have sex when you don't like it

It's better than
>Because he's a jerk

This is why i love NTR. The MC is always some pathetic good for nothing, getting chicks for no viable reason.
At least the guy NTRing the mc works for it. No matter how nonsensical the plot is, the bad guy at least did something to get what he wants.

But that's exactly why 2d are better than 3d. 2d is basically idealised girls who like someone because of their personality. The truth is, real girls are mostly shallow and materialistic, if you have money and/or you look good, then you can get any girl you want.

>2d is basically idealised girls who like someone because of their personality.
I guess they won't like me then.

>All otaku actually self-insert and fantasize about having a 2D girlfriend

wait

please don't tell me you dumbfuck MAL-tier pseudo-intellectual /r/anime crossusers actually believe this? holy shit

I want more anime girls with guns reaction images.

Guns are no toys.

The MC doesn't need the "redeeming qualities" of the 3d world to attract 2d girls. The girls are attracted to qualities he already exhibits. MC-kun being 'nice' usually means he's kind, accepting, perhaps motivational and tends to sacrifice himself, and this changes the lives of people around him for better. That's what 2d girls are talking about and appreciate.

It's not about MC, it's about the girls. And you shouldn't go into 2d expecting it to conform to real life. That cynicism is misplaced.

>MC is male

>MC-kun being 'nice' usually means he's kind, accepting, perhaps motivational and tends to sacrifice himself, and this changes the lives of people around him for better. That's what 2d girls are talking about and appreciate.

If that was the case, then it would be acceptable.
But the majority of times, "He's nice" means "He picked up my eraser when it fell on the floor omg what a prince", and then the news that MC picked up a girl's eraser spreads through the school and the city, and this barely noticeable act of plain decency is treated as proof that MC is a saint.

Actually being 'nice' requires constant sacrifice and the right personality.
Anime 'nice' is just engineered to make people feel good even though they do nothing for others.

Why do you like Sakurako?

>"He's nice" means "He picked up my eraser when it fell on the floor"
Sounds like real life. It doesn't take much to be nice, it just means being pleasant and agreeable. "He picked up my eraser. That was nice of him.""He tends to do things like that a lot. What a nice person!" The average MC in anime is always acting on goodhearted impulse, probably moreso than a real person.
>engineered to make people feel good even though they do nothing for others
Not sure what doing things for others has to do with feeling good about niceness. You don't have to do anything to entertain something. It's pretty irrelevant.

What other reason is there to like Akari?

I like NTR when the victim has the harem MC style. That also reminds me of how fucking generic anime/manga MCs are if doujin MCs have as much depth personality wise as them

>In real life, people are given compliments for niceness only when they're saint-tier good people.
You need to get out more. This is wrong as hell and and painfully idealized coming from someone trying to armchair psychoanalyze a whole group of people.
Sadly yes. Too many idiots who don't know anything but strut about like they do.

You guys are looking at it wrong.

"Nice" in real life is usually beta orbiters thinking they can get laid just by being a yes man to girls. You all know one.

"Nice" in anime means they do it out of principle. They help people not to get laid, but because it's part of their nature. They hate to see suffering, or evil, and want to solve problems to make the girls' lives easier, often being sacrificial and selfless. That's what makes the girls fall for them, the MCs aren't being nice to get laid, but rather it bothers them to see injustice and they usually solve that injustice helping the girls out. This ties into the "dense/oblivious MC" stereotype because the MCs are not thinking about sex, they are helping girls out because they would help anyone out. It's just their nature to do so and it's a pretty heroic one. Examples would be: Touma (Index), Shidou (DAL), Araragi, Murakami (Brynhildr), Shirou, Raku (Nisekoi), and countless other battle harem series.
They're almost mentally ill with the way they put themselves in harm's way to help others.

It's an important distinction.

>mc is female

What you're saying is mostly true for battle shonen, but for SoL harems the brand of 'nice' and MC has is just "He's not a dick".

They're not extremely nice, they just act normal, and are surrounded by worse people to make it look like them not being dicks is really good by comparison.

What's your problem? That they aren't cold bitches like 3DPD girls? Go watch a western sitcom instead.

Nice guy? Fuck you.

youtube.com/watch?v=elrnAl6ygeM

>not inserting as the MC

its called the thinking mans fetish for a reason

Really, if I was to choose between a bitch who gives me cold shoulders or a girl who is nice to me I'd rather not choose at all

>Being a literal cuck

Do you have any examples?

2d girls fall for MCs who are honest and decent.

3dpd are incapable of truly loving a person. They're more in love with the idea of love and all its romanticism. Either that or they like money/looks/status.

Is this bait? WHY would u self insert as the MC? Till today, i dont understand why u would want someone taking your girl? As males, dont we have to be hungry for everything? Dominating others, taking everything cause u want it. Why would u ever wanna be a beta cuck? Its like bizarro earth

You are mistaking the "niceness" or "kindness" attributed to anime protagonist-kun for the "niceness" of the "nice guy" in western culture. Different shit entirely.

This guy explained it well.

I don't get the outrage. When someone is probed on why they like someone, they usually speak of that person's great character or especially how that person makes them feel. Skills, money, a big cock or whatever are secondary, or rather factor into attraction but not a deeper level reason to want to be with someone. And those can come off as rationalizations, when feelings aren't rational. "Because he's nice" is just a single way of verbally convey those deep subjective feelings to others.

Also 2d ain't 3d, very important. If you stop getting upset and projecting your issues, maybe you'll enjoy things more.

This "nice guy" thing isn't as big as Sup Forums/internet makes it out to be. Being nice isn't "beta orbitor" shit or being "truly" altruistic; nice means nice. It's made out to be some kind of notable way of life when it's just a simple likable thing, and that's why it's a go-to in stories for any sympathetic protagonist to be nice to people.

People are so insular, they think in terms like "nice guy", and "alpha/beta" and other dumb shit.

I hate Sakurako

Hence the quotation marks. The real thing is not so easily defined.

Some people just have standards user

Then watch something else, you autist.

This is why they had Subaru reject Rem, because her "love" for him isn't realistic, only a fantasy.

People are literally so sad in life that they think a love like that can be real. "You saved me onii-sama! I've suddenly realized how amazing you are" would never happen in real life.

Think of every reason why you like anyone.

The most distilled process of any of the multitude of reasons is that they make you feel good about yourself (inb4 people start crying about the death of altruism). That can adequately be communicated by a child with an answer like, "because they are nice."

Being good at sports or being able to do a thing is incredibly shallow though. I can understand if that's what makes you interested in a person (He likes the same music as me and he's really smart), but the staying power of attraction is less about what someone does for themselves and more of what you'll continue to do together.
If "because he can do X" is just a list of their hobbies than it's just really shallow. It shows nothing to how they treat you. He can play music and be a piece of shit who doesn't pay attention to you except for sex or something, but you fell in love with his music so I guess that's okay? Nah. Being "nice" isn't that much better but I feel like that's closer to what keeps people being attracted.
Usually the generic tsundere connection is along the lines of
>I'm a bitch and treat him like shit but he still reaches out to me.
>He said he'd support me no matter what.
>He covers my faults.
You CAN say that's just being "nice" but that's a really broad word for what's happening. Right there, you've got a man who has demonstrably put up with your shit, support you, and cover for you. That's the kind of bond that people want; male, female, or tumblr-gendered. Women in anime usually conform to certain archetypes that mold both their actions and their flaws. Harem MCs are designed to be a master key that fills in the various life gaps to all the women around him have. Like a puzzle piece that connects to four other pieces. In anime/manga, being "nice" often translates to imposing themselves in your life issues to help you solve them and those MCs are pretty much built to do that sort of thing. It's not so trivial.

because even if he is rated level F, level 0, rank shit, or whatever the lowest is, he is the most powerful person in the world and he is easily controlled.

"He's nice" is an excuse for women to justify being sluts.
They want to seem like they like his personality and not just his looks/abilities/money.

In reality, the only answer is "because he's good looking". All others are just excuses.

Being nice is a valid reason for liking someone as a good friend.

Anything beyond that is retarded and doesn't ever work. It actually fits most of the time because of how autistic most of the characters are about their feelings most of the time, but yeah, it's just for otaku self insertion purposes mostly.

Just a real quality thread.

>mfw i saged this post
>This window will close in 3 seconds...

age just 4 u

Amen to that.

There is way too much delusional and self entitled fucking idiots on Sup Forums not just /r9k/

>"huurrr tfw no gf"
>"I'm le nice guy" "why do girls always chooses chad assholes WHY REEEE"

HIKKINEETS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>some people actually defend this pathetic excuse to start a lame romance/drama
That's why we end up with garbage like Nisekoi

>mc-kun is my childhood friend
>i love him since ever

>starting today a transfer student join the class

It's even worse when MC's male friend is a funnier and more intersting guy, yet everyone treat him like shit.

I don't have anything against "I like him because he's nice", but the problem is that 95% of the time the MC is just bland, boring, useless cunt who doesn't deserve any of the girls lusting after him anyway.

this is anime and manga. Its supposed to be ideals and fantasy. Go take your 3DPD values to facebook and whatever normalshit internet meme board it belongs on.

You sound pretty salty about something.

>salty

>this is anime and manga, it's supposed to be shitty

He's a masochist. He gets off on the humiliation of having his girl taken. He's also a thinking man which allows him to find this acceptable through mental gymnastics

>>salt

I know you don't mean that Sup Forumsnon

What about liking the MC because he saved a girl's life?