Kimi No Na Wa earns 770 million yen in 2 days

Kimi No Na Wa earns 770 million yen in 2 days.
twitter.com/kiminona_movie/status/769768103903318016
How would anyone ever compete with the true successor of Miyazaki?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dANLF1o_O-Q
twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/769736173757620232
koenokatachi-movie.com/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-28/makoto-shinkai-your-name-film-gets-release-in-85-countries-regions/.105846
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So, he has finally polished his movie to be on par with Miyazaki's ones?

That's like what, 60 million burger dollars?
Is that good for japan?

Shinkai a cute!

Taking into consideration the production costs, it's likely already profitable.

>the true successor of Miyazaki

BDS WHEN

Unless it's an established big franchise or has Disney name on it, it's really good for an animated movie.

That's cool, good for them. I shouldn't let this kinda thing go to my head, but the good reception this has been getting has made me a bit more optimistic about it. Hope it's a good movie.

>be living in nipland
>normalfags are making "kimi no na wa?" references

just kill me now

It was another boring shit. Shinkai should focus on the story instead of animation.

where do you live senpai?

maybe youre just to retarded to enjoy it. why dont you make your own movie then.

It hasn't come out in burgerland, how did you watch it?

Not everyone lives in burgerland you autistic fuck.

Show me your ticket Onii CHAN.

Is the story same as 5cm?

worse

He still has some way to go.

Top 3 Miyazaki
1 Spirited Away ¥30.4 billion
2 Howl's Moving Castle ¥23.2 billion
3 Ponyo ¥20.2 billion

>Ponyo is 3rd
What, So many better Ghibli films than this.

Fuck off Lelouch

There are so many better films than Avatar

So you're saying it found a way?

6 million USD
Still good.

>This doujin

KyoAni chose the worst time to release Koe no Katachi.

Right, because the production costs were probably below a million dollars, or something.

It's probably not as expensive as Ghibli fims but I'm pretty sure it costed more than a million to make.

This time it isn't a small project like his previous films.

Is it 2D or 3D?

Ate you retarded?

Why? I just haven't seen any preview of it.

It's interesting that every TV program about Kimi no Na wa talks about Shinkai's popularity oversea.
youtube.com/watch?v=dANLF1o_O-Q

Yes, like Howl and Spirited Away.

>Is that good for japan?
Very very much so. His previous movie Garden of Words made around 200-something Million Yen in 4 weeks.

For something that isn't Disney, Ghibli, One Piece (1.1 Billion Yen 1st week), Doraemon or Conan(1.2 Billion Yen), this is already a very big success for an animated film no joke.

So yeah, it's a very big success.

But this is a normalfag movie, what did you expect?

>I just haven't seen any preview of it.

People still falling for the SHinkai meme?

What are you implying? It's totally possible that this could have been a 3D movie, unless you've either read otherwise, or seen a preview of it.

Why? Because people can't afford to watch two movies?

>neo Sup Forums

I'm implying that it's nearly impossible to not have seen a preview of this movie on Sup Forums yet. Shit gets posted and spammed since last fucking year.

japanese voice actor

Shinkai's movie is stealing all the attention.
Koe no Katachi is having prescreening in 30 theater but no one gives a shit about it.

Only the die hard fans of KyoAni and the manga are going to see the movie.

shit gets posted under the false name from that mobile meme that seeks a path

Do you even know who Shinkai is my man?

Is this thread of Koe no Katachi?

Semen demon.

proofs?

No because right now Kimi No Na Wa is getting so much attention that it's all over the news and Koe no Katachi isn't and that's kinda bad. They needed the few weeks of hype for it and now it's stolen.

Did my man Shinkai watch Koe no Katachi yet?

The prescreening is already over. And the movie still has more than a month to screen for public. The movie it's competing against is the MAPPA movie.

I don't care about upcoming stuff until I can see it. Especially movies, who can take months or a year until a rip.

>Shinkai
OK I'm stupid, I missed that it's from him.

Is it the WWII one? I might actually watch that unless it goes full Barefoot Gen 2.0.

Didn't he praise the movie on Twitter?

Yep. IIRC they open on the same weekend.
He praised the PV and the choice of music. Nothing else.

Only the preview.

Still does not validate the fact, that you should've heard at least once of this movie. You're either new or really fucking retarded.

subs when

>Yep. IIRC they open on the same weekend.
Shit's gonna bomb so hard.

where am i supposed to watch this?

The WW2 movie isn't being particularly overhyped though, and aesthetics wise KnK is more appealing, but I guess normalfags will take wartime over deaf girl bullying.

Everyone on Sup Forums watches this either on Crunchyroll or, if you're hardcore, on kissanime.

>calling me new or retarded because I'm not actively trying to follow all new hot shitposting trends
If anything is neo-Sup Forums, then it's (You).

>The prescreening is already over
It has more than 1 prescreening, you know?
twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/769736173757620232

>the movie still has more than a month to screen for public
3 weeks.
And by that time, Your Name will still be in theater.

Both movies don't have that much backing. Koe no Katachi is a KyoAni first production and isn't being advertised as hard as HS!. MAPPA's movie isn't even aimed at Otaku or the same type of normies that love Hosoda's stuff. Both won't be too hot in the box office in my opinion.

He likes Takamo Love Story so he's probably going to see it at some point.

Right now he's too busy promoting the film.
He went to like 20 events in this weekend.

>KyoAni first production
I thought it was Kodansha's? Do we have any place where we can spot the committee ladder?

>normies
lurk more

Yeah, on the website.
koenokatachi-movie.com/

>製作:映画聲の形製作委員会(京都アニメーション ポニーキャニオン 朝日放送 クオラス 松竹 講談社)

The actual screening. KyoAni's name was the first one in the production list in the ending credits. Same with Tamako's movie and Kyoukai no Kanata's movie.

>Wasted most of their bux to up the numbers of theatres HS! got screened on instead.
Goddamnit why. KnK is pretty much guaranteed to be a hundred times better than that shota movie.

Keep telling yourself that, honeyboy.
I'm just saying again, that this isn't a "new hot shitpost". Preview got published over a year ago and then got endlessly reposted until recently. But of course you never searched for the source or followed/ read about the slowly building anticipation surrounding this movie. And i have no idea how that's possible. Considering it got posted throughout the whole year.

Shinkai's got good taste.

Sup Forums always loves to make rivalries against Kyoani but truth is everyone in the industry loves them except Yamakan.

Somewhere in Tochigi. Not telling what city though

Are 2ch or Futaba big on studio wars?

>except Yamakan
Why does he hate Kyoani?

They don't tolerate sekuhara.

He was the bassist.

Got the boot through a sekuhara scandal which may or may not be true, out to make his own studio, promised to save anime with a project that ended up bombing so hard the amount of sales it got became a unit to measure other series' sales, and have been producing mediocre shit since.

How can you not be bitter after that.

>"Gaumont and Buena Vista International formed Gaumont Buena Vista International, their joint venture French distribution company, in 1993. In August 1996, Disney and Tokuma Shoten Publishing agreed that Disney would distribute internationally Studio Ghibli animated films."
That just not fair at all. Ghibli movies were distributed by Buena Vista internationally.

According to Yamakan, KyoAni developed by using Shinkai's works as reference.

Some one talked about how well Kimi no Na wa is doing in KyoAni general thread. The thread is slow so it's not a full-blown shitposting like we have here.

>According to Yamakan, KyoAni developed by using Shinkai's works as reference.
[citation needed], even I kinda believe that.

>using Shinkai's works as reference
Well they definitely do at least on the backgrounds..

Kyoani's style developed put of their subcontract work on stuff like Hare and Guu.

Sorry, I mean KyoAni's digital video department. (the one in charge of compositing and digital effects)

Can somebody explain how the 'write an anime plot' threads made a full blown movie?

Shinkai is a known poster on here.

Top 10 of highest-grossing films in Japan

1 Spirited Away ¥30.40b
2 Titanic ¥26.20b
3 Frozen ¥25.48b
4 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone ¥20,3b
5 Howl's Moving Castle ¥19.60b
6 Princess Mononoke ¥19.30b
7 Bayside Shakedown 2 ¥17.35 b
8 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets ¥17.30b
9 Avatar ¥15.60b
10 Ponyo ¥15.50b

4 Ghibli movies are in the top 10 Japan alone.

FINDS

Okay then.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-28/makoto-shinkai-your-name-film-gets-release-in-85-countries-regions/.105846

>The staff of Makoto Shinkai's new your name. (Kimi no Na wa.) anime film announced at a stage greeting event in Tokyo on Sunday that the film will be distributed in 85 countries and regions.

Guess most of us won't have to wait long to see it.

I don't know if it's talking about theater release or BD/DVD.

Pretty sure it's for theater screenings.

It's an anime movie, what do you think it's talking about?

Shinkai had once released BDs in the same day as the opening weekend for a movie.