Berserker armor in Berserk

Do you think the Berserker armor makes fights less interesting?

no.
those who complain that the armor ruined the character are retarded. Guts without the armor would basically lose against griffith's soldiers.

Wow, that render makes the armor look fucking sick.

I don't see how "giving the heroes a chance to actually win" is the same thing as "more boring" unless you just want to read about Griffith playing a fantasy mod version of Civilization

No, the loli witch makes the fights less interesting. The armor is actually a neat way to power him up while still creating tension. The problem is that the tension comes from the possibility of him losing his shit there and murdering everyone, which is essentially not a problem when the witch is around. If he actually had to control the armor himself and had to keep himself in check by his will alone the fights would be way more tense.

Its gives Guts a magical element that he didn't need. What separated him from monsters was the fact that every aspect of him was human. So yeah the armor ruined guts and the manga

It made things better.

yaa, gomen gomen

>tfw you realize Berserker is based off guts from berserk

Every time he uses it, it's less easy for Schierke to "piggyback" him, and as we've seen, strong enough attacks can completely strip her luminous body away from his.
She acts as a safeguard, but she can't reduce the risk entirely, and she'll get less effective with every use of the armour.

Are you talking about Dark Souls or something?

But everything in Dark Souls is based off of Berserk.

yes. the cool thing about Guts was that he was human, even more so in his fights. I won through willpower and crazy dedication. Now he's basically half demon and doesn't win by his own power anymore.

I love the armor, what I hate is that the solution they found to control Guts while using it made him look like a retarded Batman instead of the sick demon hound.

Guts won fights against apostels before he got the armor too.

I didn't even make that connection since to me Berserker is Hercules

Not really.

I do wish that the threat of him hurting someone was showcased better though. Maybe when he fought the whale things on the beach he actually attacked the party instead of just staring at them menacingly. Have Serpico hold him off (poorly) for a few seconds before the child intervenes. It would help make the threat feel more real.

Plus the design is a 10/10. My favorite fictional armor.

They were low tier apostles. Not the borderline demi-gods he fights later on.

Dude had to fight a dragon made out of crystals, It doesnt matter how much you hit the gym he was gonna be cutting through that thing without some extra juice

sure, but his humanity is gone. also, he just got stronger with virtually no payoff. His wounds get healed by loli witch, he won't go mad because of loli witch. Just not as exciting atm. Maybe his soul wolf will catch up to him some time soon, that would be cool.

It doesn't really matter than she can be stripped away from the armor on occasions, or that it will get less effective later. The fights are less intense already, and that's the only fact needed. I'd rather they were always as good as possible.

One thing for sure though, is that the armor is one of the pimpest fucking fantasy get-ups to date.

The armor is taking it's toll, it's just a long term problem. The more he uses it, the more he deteriorates.

I think it makes the armor fantastic, how it parallels Griffith/apostles. They would sacrifice those around them for power, while Guts sacrifices himself to reach their level.

Well, I can certainly appreciate the fact that it's going to be a long term problem. The thing is, call me impatient, the long term part doesn't feel cool. When the band of the hawk had it's golden times, we all had the feeling that something would go wrong soon, but the story was still cool, even when they were winning every fight and getting more and more successful. Right now though, the story doesn't feel that cool. There is not enough good things coming from the armor to give this sense of impending doom, but the negative sides aren't manifesting as well.

impatient.

>loli witch
I don't like Berserker Armor but this is factually wrong. Schierke saved him once from the armor. Other times he was saved by the Moon Child.

And there is also the technique Guts and Schierke used against Daiba and the Sea God, but when they do this Guts isn't in full berserker mode and can still feel pain.

The armor has a great design and when the Beast takes control it's incredibly badass, but it does bother me some.

For one, the only way it seems to enhance Guts' abilities is "allowing him to surpass his limits" and making him more ferocious. The armor binding his broken arm together is ridiculous as the main power. It's like the armor doesn't really provide much protection for him, it acts like a shitty band-aid.

I don't mind Schierke being required to help Guts maintain his sanity. The Beast, essentially, has the same origins as Idea of Evil but is restricted to one person instead of all humanity. It's a minor, wicked god in a world that doesn't have them. You need someone powerful to stop that shit.

>When the band of the hawk had it's golden times, we all had the feeling that something would go wrong soon, but the story was still cool, even when they were winning every fight and getting more and more successful.
Well that's not really a fair comparison, we all knew thet everything was going to go to shit in the Golden Age because it was prequel arc and we already saw where Guts ended up after that in the Black Swordsman arc.

The final push against the Sea God is intense when chapters are read back to back imo.

Berserker armor is like Guts tagging out for every fight. I look forward to the day when it's destroyed except for a small portion that's used in his prosthetic hand.

Yeah okay, fair enough.

I wonder what are Miura's plans regarding the armor.

Things should get really interesting when Guts' entire support system fails.
>Schierke not there to ensure his sanity
>Eventually being forced to give up the armor when using it one more time will cripple him
>Puck not there to heal him
>no more patch for his brand
>no prosthetic arm to hold his sword

It's clearly getting more powerful. And from the narrative perspective he can't just throw it away without some sort of conclusion.

I never thought about the armor from that perspective. Thanks user for giving me some more insight into my favorite series.

These pages are so good, the build up is so good. Gets my blood pumping every time.

I never understood these kind of questions, do you think?

Just straight up ask if it makes fights less interesting for you, you're like asking for an objective opinion when it doesn't matter whatsoever.

Or maybe he's opening the floor for discourse and discussion on a particular aspect of a series you retard, autistic spastic.

>not yaa kamen, kamen

Does that page imply that he can't even see the lanter at that distance? Because if so, then he's pretty much blind at that point. You can't fight with that sort of eyesight.

The only thing I don't like about the berserker armor is that the helmet looks like a weird batman mask when loli witch helps out.

Looks like his vision at a distance is so hazy, he can only see the in distinct glow of the lantern.

The fights in Berserk were never interesting except for maybe Griffith and Guts vs Zodd. I suppose the Berserk armor allows for crazier antics, but 90% of the fights are just Guts swinging his sword and then limbs flying everywhere. In that regard I don't think it is better or worse than what came before it, just different.
However, I don't really like its role in the narrative. Guts makes a big stink about relying on his own power (or technology) but he takes and abuses the armor like nothing. It adds a small side story about his inner beast, but it's not like that is related strictly to the armor. I suppose overall it helps strengthen his relationship with Schierke and maybe help Guts grow as a protector of his nakama, but I dunno.
It looks cool but if it had never shown up I don't think I'd care.

It's basically just a physical manifestation of some elements of the plot.

There's much less of a struggle aspect during fights since he can overcome physical limitations in the armor, but it made sense for this to happen. After fighting against Zodd at the Hill of Swords and Grunbeld at the Spirit Tree, it was obvious that there was absolutely no way that Guts could defeat Griffith's soldiers at that point without some supernatural power. Besides, Guts looks ridiculously cool in the armor.

tfw Guts needs glasses

I think the author should have given Gattsu a Katana instead.

It gives awesome fights and nice character development for Guts but I'm pretty sure the armor is the reason of the hiatuses. It's too much detailed, it takes too much time to draw at each panel where Guts appears

That's in the ship, right? The lantern is swaying and he can't focus, he can only see the glow

Just waiting for Schierke to win the Guts bowl at this point.

>schierke
>winning

Probably if the author decides to kill of Casca which will never happen.

once puberty sets in Schierke will get horny and ride guts dick
caska is busted and useless

Inherently not but he relies too much on it, it should be something only to use in exceptional ocassions but since he got it he's been using it way too much.

ITs an instersting item for the character too but then again, he uses way too much time so there is no danger feel, not from the enemies not from the armor itself since doesn't look affecting him too much.

Is that the case? I thought that the curve of white light was just the current portion of his vision that is blurry to him

The surrounding would be completely black then

Now that I look a little closer, I think you're right. I mistook the shadows for dirty streaks on the glass window behind him, and he was looking out into the night with a glowy, indistinct bur marring his vision.

Skelly apparently used the armor to exhaustion and he looks fine to me. Sanity-wise.

Then again, Guts final showdown must be against Griffith which Skelly didn't get to have since Void is still around.

Honestly, yes. Not because it's magic armor, but because since it was introduced Guts stopped fighting the way he used to and turn into a naruto backflipping water running faggot. I hate it. Or more precisely, I hate the dog mode of the armor. The whole "it dulls pain and fixes bones with metal spikes" thing was pretty badass.

Before Guts had to think about how to take down his enemies, not USE THE KYUUBI MODE.

I too think that the armor made guts lose something crucial, but lets not pretend here. Guts isn't some tactical genius
>ARE YOU IN ITS MOUTH?
>NO?
>GOOD. HIT IT WITH SWORD.
>ARE YOU IN ITS MOUTH?
>YES?
>GOOD HIT IT WITH CANNON

Genius no, but he did have some pretty great strategic moments. Basically, before the armor it really felt like he was fighting tooth and nail, using every resource available to him.

Since he got the armor I just haven't felt that way. And the way it changed his fighting style is a big minus for me too.