desuarchive.org/a/post/132989194/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/132899032/#132903092
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/316518/#q316518
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/316518/#322039
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/316518/#322121
github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As valid as your virginity.

Very much true yet people still prefer to go on a ad-ridden streaming site.

I stream in 360p and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

I needed that laugh, user. Thank you.

>implying no one uses ad-blocking stuff

>Torrents
>Can't watch after a short buffer period

*240p

Fix'd

Video and Audio Quality are good enough when you stream at kissanime/anilinkz. No buffering needed. The also always have the best subs, so no need to change subs. Use and Adblocker if you don't want ads, retard. You can stream as much anime as you want. Old releases are also easy to get on KA/AL. Archiving is something for lowlife weebs. If you don't get rid of temp files (which Youtube also generates) every once in a while while using CCleaner, you're braindead. There, I destroyed taht stupid chart.

>Video and Audio Quality are good enough when you stream at kissanime/anilinkz

Anime aren't 4k movies.

You forgot a few things:
Most streaming sites use HTML5 now, no Flash.
Streams can therefore be watched on a phone or other mobile device.
The bandwidth needed to stream is much less than for torrents or XDCC.
Streaming is less likely to get you in trouble with your ISP.
Higher quality is irrelevant if you don't have the hardware to enjoy it.
It's often hard to find torrents of old releases too, or at least ones that have enough seeders to allow you to complete the download during the current century. Streaming sites keep things on archive, so they're always available.
Your car analogy is retarded, because in this case they DON'T cost the same amount of "money" (i.e. time and bandwidth).

Need I continue?

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...
I will admit that I used to stream from KA, but a couple months ago I downloaded my first from nyaa and the difference in quality was like night and day. I'll never go back to streaming.

torrents finish faster than the waiting time on most streaming websites.

Nah, make a screenshot of both, compare them and its the same shit.

>Even doubting the chart
Sup Forums is truly dead.

I stream because it's all I know how to do on my Apple® iPad mini™.

>Streams can therefore be watched on a phone or other mobile device.
why is logh there

screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/143935
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/139307
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/171687

>animation quality = video quality
You win.

Wow, the quality difference is minimal and you probably compared them to the BD releases in the first place. Really no need to download anything.

Because it's popular? I dunno, I didn't make the image.
The video quality can be as good as the animation quality, but not better. It's like it's useless to have an HDTV-quality rip of a show unless it was actually shot in HD.

Are you mad because no one is seeding you're favorite anime senpai

Get your eyes checked.

Contrary to what a majority of Sup Forums would say, a lot of streaming's downsides (especially the ones in OP's old-ass image).

HOWEVER, you can not use the various scaling algorithms to improve your video's quality, nor edit it. Also, the biggest problem is that you can't fucking stream if you don't have internet.

I have a crunchyroll sub and it seems fine to me. The convenience of streaming trumps most of those points. I don't really know anyone who chooses to store TV shows on their HDD rather than just buying a Netflix sub these days, seems kind of old fashioned.

Nah, stop being a fag.

are no longer true

>watching anime on a phone

are you from Africa? who ever has bandwidth problems nowadays because you download anything? you can always limit the upload if your 512 kbs connection troubles you

>troubles with the ISP

why would you have troubles watching, probably not licensed, chinese cartoons?

>hardware to enjoy better quality

what the fucking fuck

>thinking 2010 is relevant for the current state
Wew lad, no one streams 144p on Jewtube.

How do you expect to download if you don't have internet? Pay a bunch of Nigerian kids to go to an internet café and sneakernet it to you?

derp_commander !!SSXdvR3LCoa AKA the biggest troll/newfag on Sup Forums that you're STILL responding to.

>Has been tripping for less than a year
>Has been on Sup Forums less than a year
>visits Sup Forums yet regularly tells people to go back there
>Has only seen 6 series to completion, has only been seen discussing KLK and other Toonami shit
>loves dubs
>loves Toonami
>Contradicts himself more than Sup Forums (which he still uses)
>Name is fucking derp commander
Supports cross boarding

desustorage.org/a/thread/130809391/#q130823457

"Not" Toonami threads

desuarchive.org/a/thread/130817127/#q130817127
desuarchive.org/a/thread/132703825/
desuarchive.org/a/thread/132703825/#132704020
desuarchive.org/a/post/132989194/

Admits to have only seen 6 series in their entirety

desuarchive.org/a/thread/132899032/#132903092

Crying on /qa/, admitting to being a newfag on Sup Forums and did his homework on ED to prove his epic oldfag status
desuarchive.org/qa/thread/316518/#q316518

desuarchive.org/qa/thread/316518/#322039

desuarchive.org/qa/thread/316518/#322121

In conclusion, don't reply to him, don't tell him to fuck off just filter him and move on

Seems like you didn't filter him either.

just goes to show how old OPs pic is.

at least one person has to do this to show the truth

Do streaming sites even go back and update old shows once they get BD releases?

Some (if not most) streaming sites detect Ad-block and don't let you watch anything unless you deactivate it.

So
Where do you dl your anime? I don't know any good site.

The first link is still desustorage dumbass

You're twisting my words, son. Say I have about 50 anime series saved on my computer. When the internet goes down, I will be able to watch them, unlike a streamer.

Also, I don't really like watching anime on anything smaller than my TV, but sometimes I get some anime series and books on my tablet and I watch/read them while hiking.
I don't endorse streaming sites, but this might work for you.

github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer/

AB

Im streaming Monster right now faggots, come at me, oh but wait you cant because you can't get that deep.

I don't stream, I used to, that's why I know about the ad-block shit. Seems useful anyway though.

Monster is garbage.

Yeah, I use this because some sites just won't allow entry while using an adblocker.

My phone actually has better audio than my computer.

I'm a college student, and while I'm not living in dorms right now, I have had to deal with uni IT departments. The DoEd requires colleges to crack down on piracy, and the bandwidth used by torrenting is very noticeable, and can, in aggregate, even slow down the college's backbone, which WILL get you in trouble with Student Life. One college I've attended had a local DC++ network to lessen that burden, but that still leaves you at the mercy of whatever people at that college have chosen to share.

Also, other anons have gotten C&Ds before, usually from ISPs that are pissed at your bandwidth usage. They don't actually expect or budget for you to use all of that throughput 24/7.

As for hardware, I just discovered last night that my laptop is too underpowered to view 1080p videos. I don't have the personal budget to go buy a better computer, and I already checked, there's no way to put in a better graphics card.

I wouldn't watch anime if not for streaming.

Why didn't you watch it when it first aired like the rest of us?

didnt read lol

Doesn't matter anymore since 90% of the releases Sup Forums watches are HorribleSubs.

For anime that's airing, yes.

kill yourself

LOL this retard doesn't know about reeks anti Adblock killer script

block javascript

>replying to a Sup Forumsermin tripfaggot

Dude, I was the one suggesting it. Certain magazines won't allow you to visit their websites if you use a normal adblocker; so I use Reek's script and adblock list to get past that.

I do know, joke's on (you) ;^)

No OP; it literally blurs when you see the streaming screenshot.Also that shit is TV version

>megavideo

; ;

Yeah, yeah, keep trying

>The difference is minimal
You do realize you are doing exactly what the OP was saying right? Choosing worse quality on purpose like a retard.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

Yeah, the OP is saying you should be an autist and waste inordinate amounts of time for a slight difference in the rendering of what is mostly a bunch of solid-filled geometric shapes.

Autism

Why wait and download something, if I can just watch it right away and the quality is literally fine?

How autistic do you have to be to make an entire guide telling people something they do alone in private that doesn't affect anyone else is wrong?

Some can't accept the fact that tech has improved over the years and the quality is just as good.

Very autistic. This used to be a problem years ago when people posted low quality screenshots from anime they streamed. Now it's virtually the same, so there's no problem, and only people who try to fit in throw a tantrum about it.

>LOL

I stream because I don't care about sound/video quality, unless it's a series I care about alot.
But usually, I stream to watch it in a chatroom with other fags to yell stupid shit.

I prefer to download series i care about.

>waiting inordinate ammounts of time
If your internet is good enough to stream at 720p or 1080p with no hiccups then downloading an episode can't take more than 10 minutes, and as previously stated you can watch a torrent while it downloads anyway.

not valid anymore since majority of dl is off CRs stream anyways.

kissanime and others just reuploads those horribesubs rips which are CR's.

blu-ray downloading is case by case basis.

End of the day, do the fuck you what.

/thread.

Yes, and? I can also not torrent anything and just watch it instead. I don't archive anything, because that's autistic, so who cares?

Is it that autistic that it bothers me that people choose to have suboptimal experiences on purpose?
Or did I just answer my own question?

So what?

Yes, it literally is.

Depending on the circumstances, an episode can take more than an hour to download in some cases. The only tangible benefit is I can use the transmissiond on my router to have it download when I'm out or asleep, instead of having to deal with sharing my bandwidth with the other members of my household during the day.

the joke

your head

PS: why are the captchas always storefronts? I've been getting only those for a while now.

Sup Forums is a terrible place to get advice on tech. Look at all the retards talking about having TB HDDs for "safe keeping", yet never have redundancy.

Sure it can be expensive, but if you're going to brag, at least do it right.

You do understand that "optimal experience" is subjective, right? You understand that for me not waiting for the episode to download is what I consider an optimal experience?

>all that masturbation

I'll ask you a simple question: Do you watch youtube videos directly from youtube? Or do you download them first?

This is a very simple question. There's never a need to download anything in this day and age, except when you like the series enough you are sure you'll want to rewatch it later. In which case you can download it easily.

Downloading is the exception, not the rule. The rule is watch and walk away. So your whole attitude is rubbish.

The only points that make sense:

>Ads
Adblockers noob

>Quality
Most streaming websites offer HD

>Cannot turn off subtitles
This is the only one I can't argue with. But then again, I rarely need to take a screenshot. When I do, it's the exception, and I can download the episode then.

Overall, it's less effort to stream all the time and download occasionally than download all the time because hurp durp you are too stupid to figure out when a download is actually needed. Use your head and do a little bit of math.

Sure, I recognize there are those who download all the time because they actually need to. But I'm not one of them.

What the fuck is wrong with your spacing between the lines why are you doing this

>Talking with my co-workers about the show I watched on Netflix last night
>The office autist overhears and we hear a loud 'REEEEEEEEE!'
>He storms over and wipes the frothing drool off his mouth
>"Don't you KNOW that streaming is a less optimal experience than just downloading your TV shows!?"
>His triple chin quivers with rage
>"Yeah, ok man whatever"
>Remove myself from the situation because his BO stench is overwhelming
>"It bothers me when people CHOOSE to do this suboptimally"
>He sneers and pushes his glasses back up his nose
>Walk away and hear the guys I was talking to stifling laughter
>Autist heads back to his desk having taught us all a lesson on how disgusting the average Sup Forums posting subhuman is

It makes his post look long and well thought out, doesn't it?

For new series, there is no reason to stream. You're completely right.

But fuck you, I'm not downloading all of G Gundam on a torrent with 3 seeds when I can just watch it on youtube.

Nice fanfic, boy.

who are you quoting?

So what, the extra line-break forced you to scroll 15 screenfuls to finish the post?

I take it you're butthurt and unable to response, so you resort to those cheap ad hominems.

>Do you watch youtube videos directly from youtube? Or do you download them first?
Not a valid analogy, youtuber doesn't offer to let you download the videos without the horrible compression
>Most streaming websites offer HD
The resolution doesn't matter when the bitrate is low, and the videos have compression artifacts.

I used to stream until I found out about Taiga. Now I will never stream again. But I still read manga on internet which I would like to stop. Is there a manga equivalent Taiga software? I found some programs to read but no one has functions to download new chapters while they are published.

He doesn't care about quality. He likes streaming after all.

Yeah I'm unable to response

>tfw you're actually the autist

>people that care about video quality are all fat neckbeards
Where do you think you are?

Don't those streaming sites reduce the bitrate of the video?

Also, calm the fuck down and stop please stop calling everything you don't like autistic, for fuck's sake. That's is not really an argument against something; tell people why you find it weird instead of calling people mentally ill just because they choose to save up anime (or archive) it on their computer.

They simply don't want to be dependent on a service (internet connection) to watch their anime; plus the better quality thing.

I kinda understand the archivers.

Enable the legacy captcha, user. Don't tell me you've been torturing yourself by using the new captcha ever since it was introduced.

>read this story that totally happened, which proves my point!
>Oh, and the guy I spoke had autism, so you guys surely have it too!

I stream and I give no fucks : )

and I will hide this shitty thread after posting this : )

>>Cannot turn off subtitles
>This is the only one I can't argue with. But then again, I rarely need to take a screenshot. When I do, it's the exception, and I can download the episode then.

Depends. Streaming sites can implement them if they want as long as they have the soft sub source and a player that allows closed captions (which is common in current html5 players).

>Fanfic
>People in the thread literally making the same autistic argument
Literally no-one gives a shit

Stop posting this crap when I'm drinking. It's everywhere now.