If you were given the option to transfer your soul to a soul gem...

If you were given the option to transfer your soul to a soul gem, with the result that any bodily damage would be magically repaired as long as you keep your soul gem safe and nearby, would you do so? Assume there is no obligation to hunt witches or anything else.

Personally, I would jump at the chance. Sayaka is pure baka for going batshit over THIS and not any of the actually horrible things that Kyubey did to her.

Other urls found in this thread:

dynasty-scans.com/chapters/re13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If becoming a lich was an actual thing that people could do I would go for it.

>transfer your soul to a soul gem,
I don't want to end up as a battery for somebody else's enchantments.

I don't know, I'd probably be extremely paranoid about losing it or it being stolen.

Sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?

Swallow it/put it inside your body.

>Swallow it/put it inside your body.
Sounds uncomfortable no matter how you do it.

What if you accidentally lose it while taking a crap and then you unknowingly flush it out of your apartment?

Hell yes I would. There's no downside as long as you're not a dumbass who loses your soul gem.

The chances of getting separated from it are probably bigger than the chances of randomly suffering fatal injury. Especially if you consider that half the cases of sudden fatal injury would probably also destroy your soul gem, which you are carrying on your body.
Really, the only way this makes sense would be a way better range so that you could leave it in a safe place.

As long as I get fun abilities to fight things, why not?

>tfw you will never put your soul gem in Madoka's vag as she puts her's in your's

Why is the series no where near as good as the doujinshi?

>be cool lich
>but your phylactery is always a few feet close by
The solution is to house it inside your body in an extremely durable material normally not possible to be put into a human being as a strange shape
I.e. pretend it's a piece of shrapnel permanently stuck inside your body or something to avoid suspicion

Because you care more about lesbian shipping than the subject matter of the series.

Just go demi lich already.

Sure, why not? I don't leave my house anyway.

define "safe" and "nearby"

>Subject matter of the series
>Muh suffering
>Muh idealism
>Muh survival of the fittest
>Muh utilitarianism
>Muh sacrifice
>Muh nihilism.

Fuck off. The lesbian bullshit is integral to the story.

>Sayaka is pure baka for going batshit over THIS
First realizing that your body became a corpse run by a finite magic supply for the sole purpose of being used as a weapon without you even being aware of it seems like a reasonable thing to be a tad upset about.

who says you arent right now?

soul gems transform into rings so that would be really safe, unless you get mugged or something

I would need to read the full Terms and Conditions.

Would your body still age normally? Feel pain? How fragile's the soul gem?

>delinquents in the picture-perfect mitakihara
I don't believe it

>delinquents
There were a few on a late night train.

They're gone now.

If I put my soulgem on Sayaka's body do I become Sayaka?

Sure, I'll have it surgically implanted in my body, assuming surgery was possible with the healing factor. If not, I'd weld a thick steel casing around it and make it into a necklace, bracelet. Couldn't they turn them into rings anyway? Metal gauntlets then. So many options they didn't take. Do I get her strength, dexterity and agility too?

I like how anons think that protecting a soul gem from breaking is easier than just living out your life naturally.

>there will never be a wacky episode of the girls accidentally switching their soul gems and waking up in each other's bodies

That's not how it works

Easy but boring and average or trickier but exceptional and exciting. Endless amounts of people have lived normal human lives but how many have lived superhuman lives? Why pass up the chance. Furthermore if you play it smart superpowers could be advantageous to your life in all aspects. Handling small amounts of money is easier and more simple than handling millions but people still want to be rich.

I think I read something on Sup Forums about the official games where such a scenario actually does occur.

Kyubey failed to explain how a lot of things worked.

I won't doubt it and do it right away

With such a tiny range? That depends. How durable is the thing? Would it smash if I dropped it from the second or third floor? I'll be fine if I fall over, will the soulgem be fine if I fall over and end up with my whole weight smashing it into the ground?

Explosions, getting hit by vehicles, long falls, etc will still break it resulting in your death. You can lose it, people can steal it, it looks fucking valuable. Even against bullets or melee weapons it relies on the gem not being hit.

I probably could deal with having my soul outside my brain, but the whole not feeling pain part relies on you detaching yourself, in which case you will incur in quite a lot of mental trauma before you manage to completely detach yourself mentally from your body, regardless how cool you think you are.

All in all, probably no, shitty phylactery.

>Assume there is no obligation to hunt witches or anything else.
You are as baka as Sayaka. If you do not have enough money, you need a job for gaining your livelihood. On the other hand, magical girls cannot exist without grief seeds or grief cubes, because they consume the magical energy for some reasons. Kyubey is not stupid.

>exceptional and exciting
people do that all the time without a soul gem. In fact, if you wanted to live forever you might as well choose a very sedentary life hidden away in a rural area. Basically, you'll spend your life entirely in the same exact fear you have now except with a total certainity that you are a monster who can't relate to humanity and unable to age or die because you won't kill yourself and no one knows that you have a soulgem.
If they find out, imagine the exploitation. They could test countless drugs on you forever.

You don't know that. The body is just hardware after all.

Was it the PSP game? I think a lot of goofy things happened in one of the story arcs in that one.

You'd really turn down a offer of magical powers just because you're caught in the details?
Absolutely wrong, even gut bacteria can effect mood and they know the mind can effect the body too. It happens all the time in evolutionary psychology as well, its just stupid to assume that your brain can just get put into a box and be fine. Since we don't know the limits on the soul gem it could easily only activate when certain physical damage is done, so things like mental trauma or physical pain may not activate it at all, causing you to enter a 'normal' state of constant pain.
Magic is scary

We're talking about magical girls, don't bring actual science into this.

Yes because I don't have the mind of a 14 year old and I'd rather look at how my mental state will be after 5 years of having my existence in a jar instead of the "OMG DOOD SUPERPOWERS IM GOD".

This is like an extreme version of those bionics/cybernetics threads. People think they are just gonna chop off an arm and replace it with a robotic one and be a cool cyborg, the reality is more like they end up with severe mental trauma from having a machine for a limb and stuck on horrible drugs keeping the body from rejecting it.

>goofy things

Do I become magic girl?
If I am magic girl am I wide?

Paging Megucafags:
Explain Mami's death.

Shit, I went a head and hit post without making a pun

She wore her soul gem on her head, remember?

Her soul gem was a hair accessory. It was eaten.

Rotten luck.

Souls don't exist either

Well assuming I'm more powerful than regular people I don't see myself being a guinea pig, I could relate to people just fine or at least no worse than I do now, and if I grow bored of life I simply dispose of my soulgem. I could see myself in a position of power with sayaka's abilities and all the time to learn how to use them (something she didn't get). I could learn so many skills, languages and trades while being a one man army if things go wrong. Or just be a dumb superhero.
>people do this all the time
Not like sayaka could, the point being it's something people don't get to do all the time. I agree though that it wouldn't be for most people

Okay, I can wrap my head around that.

I would like to be a magical girl, but I do not think I would want to trade my soul for a soul gem. Your soul is important. I understand why Sayaka was upset.

She was too good for this world and the universe had to balance things out with death and misery.

Do I become a little girl as part of the deal? If so, then yes.

Just as Kyouko was killed in her meguca form when Mami shot her soul gem on her chest, Mami was kill when her soul gem on her hair piece was swallowed.

>would you do so?
Only if it would turn me into a cute girl.

She died like a bitch because she was a dirty friend killer.

I want to comfort Sayaka.

>accidentally drop it down a hole
>"die"
>unknown cause of death
>buried forever

No thank you.

hell yeah I would. would I still feel pain, or no?

whats that dounjin again i found it once and never found it again

This, what even would an autopsy bring up?

I would do it anyways but you just made the deal a whole bunch sweeter. There is really no downside to this in my opinion.

"I'm sorry ma'am, your daughter died... of ... a broken heart"

But people don't have souls

>But people don't have souls

>put soul gem on ass pocket
>forget about it
>sit down
>cracks soul gem and dies

I am neglectful.

I went to the shower last week twice without bringing a towel.

This can only end well.

I can't believe that I'll said but if I could do it I trusted more in elves that QBs

gotcha famalams
dynasty-scans.com/chapters/re13

Do magical girls ever forget their rings and die from that? Or do their rings have special magic that reminds the megucas not to leave home without it?

>finite

Kyubey never really said that it was or wasn't infinite.

suffering isn't nihilism.

Rebellion is all about nihilism.

Rebellion isn't canon.

You're an asshat.

>which you are carrying on your body
They wear them as tiny rings.

been there done that op, it sucks. There is always a catch

But Sayaka sperged out even without thinking there was a catch. That's why she is baka.

Wait a god damn mother fucking minute.

I just realized you could sell your services to pretty much any pharmaceutical company on Earth and probably for millions. If your body gets damaged in any way, even genetically, you could repair it. Likewise your wish could be related to being able to have an insane healing factor.

You fucking fool, being a guinea pig would MAKE you millions.

>not putting your soul gem around your aorta in the form of a ring so it literally is the most protected it can be

>not wishing for insane healing abilities or insane amounts of damage-taking potential

The baka is you, user.

You get surgery to fasten it to somewhere that an enemy wouldn't usually expect a vital organ to be.
Simple.

indeed sayaka a baka, no argument there

You could do it yourself, you have magic. Hell, it's probably possible for magical girls to grow bone around their most fragile components Like that super vampire from Blade 2.

>Achieve CHIM
>Transfer Soul to Gem
>Power own Enchantments
>The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

>Personally, I would jump at the chance.

Yeah, and then you learn about the catch. It is a body horror element. You are no longer your self. You become a made thing. Made for the convenience of others.

>swallow it
>body repairs through it
>it's destroyed

Nothing really. It would appear as though your heart and brain and other vital organs simply stopped operating.

>sperged
Why do only shitposters use this word?
Why are shitposters so mentally defective?
!Akemi, did your parents try to kill you with a plastic bag when you were born? It would explain a lot.

Moving your body is confirmed to be fueled by the same magic that darkens your soul gem when used in combat.

It's why magical girls have to continually keep hunting witches and can't stop fighting in hopes of avoiding the need for more grief seeds.

question

in rebellion, why does sayaka remember the original shit if this was all a dream implanted by the incubators?

Also why does she become best girl?

>why does sayaka remember the original shit if this was all a dream implanted by the incubators
Sayaka remembers everything from the original world because she left with Madoka to become a part of the Law of Cycles. They both returned to Earth to try and save Homura, who was trapped in her own labyrinth after becoming a witch.

>Also why does she become best girl?
Had the time to get over some baggage. Turned what used to be the symbol of her own destruction into her strength and resolve.

The Incubators only created the Isolation Field. Homura was the one who created the barrier and overrode the memories of those who entered. However, since Sayaka and Nagisa were sent by the Law of Cycles to save Homura, their memories were protected. Madoka purposefully forgot so that the Incubators could not control her.

And Sayaka never became best girl.
Homura > Madoka > Kyoko > Mami > Sayaka >>> Nagisa

>Nagisa were sent by the Law of Cycles to save Homura, their memories were protected
are you telling me the cheese cake demon remembered but didn't have the decency to explain to homura what was going on?

also you're list a shit.

Sayaka and Nagisa both remembered the real world after consciously entering Homura's fake one. Madoka forgot because the two of them were keeping her memories safe to avoid drawing the Incubators attention.

I would be far happier as a witch, the. Not even trying to be edgy.

It's literally getting a cool monster body plus a pocket dimension and little minions. What's not to love about that?

Yes, though to be fair, Homura was strangling her.

I'm list objectively true.

> but didn't have the decency to explain to homura what was going on?
Rather than telling her outright I think Sayaka was trying to ease Homura into calmly accepting the idea that the witch who created the labyrinth wasn't evil, and didn't deserve to be killed.

But Homura found out the truth herself, drove the world to collapse, and tried to commit suicide.

the ever lasting agony and the fact that you make everyone around you commit suicide. Then you get more despair thrown at you by magical girls draining your grief seed.

Did I mention magical girls will constantly be trying to get your grief seed cause your acting like a piece of shit killing people.

no offense