How have burgers been brainwashed into thinking that lobbying is good?

How have burgers been brainwashed into thinking that lobbying is good?

Other urls found in this thread:

alternet.org/story/153201/the_fascinating_history_of_how_corporations_became_"people"_--_thanks_to_corrupt_courts_working_for_the_1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BLLEERURUGHGH CAPITALISZM IS BASEEDDGH GOMMEIIS ARE RUINING MEUY CUNTRIYY BLERRUUGHGHGHG BWAAAGGHAAA RRPOPORRIIBBHH

Are you shilling for communism?

How funny is it that a burger would rather jump at the opportunity to shit on communism rather than try to fix his country?

No, we know the whole political system is corrupt, hence so much support for Bernie and Trump. We want to burn it down. Your system is corrupt too, just in different ways.

> right of people to petition congress shall not be infringed (unsure of wording)
sounds-reasonable.jpg
> corporations are people
whaaaa?
It turns out it was by accident or sneak, see:
alternet.org/story/153201/the_fascinating_history_of_how_corporations_became_"people"_--_thanks_to_corrupt_courts_working_for_the_1

If that's not a good link, search for 'Thom Hartmann railroad case corporations became people'.

No taxation without representation. Either let corporations vote or let them lobby. Think wisely about that.

i didn't see that happening. i saw a single person calling out another single person's reasoning in their argument. if you're going to make an argument at least back it up and don't try to change the subject when you get called out for strawmanning.

pfff. I'd rather let them vote. 1 vote instead of $millions worth of influence, lobbying

Right to assembly, freedom of speech, etc. It's not ideal but there would be a good case for its banning being unconstitutional. Also, in the current climate, any restriction that could be interpreted as a peeling back of the first amendment is a potentially dangerous precedent to set.

democracy was a mistake

So one vote per corporate charter or one vote per shareholder? What about employees, should they get a vote too?

no lobbying is bad

>doing one doesn't automatically implicate the other.

lobbying is seeking influence on a representative
when i go to a town hall am i lobbying?
isn't that what self-representative government is?

>Either let corporations vote or..
no, there is no or. they already vote as citizens.

Where is the 1st ammendment concern? You don't have to ban lobbying, just ban politicians and bureaucrats from accepting money, favours or jobs during their service and afterwards. They work for 'we the people' it'd be a condition of employment not a free speech issue.

someone explain how this is wrong
pro-tip: you can't

Oh they do? When was the last popular vote on corporate tax rates?

no, i'm saying the CEO, the board members, the employees all vote as individuals outside of the corporation. they could quit and go work at taco bell and they still get their vote.

Just do what the rest of the world does. Stop pretending "it can't work", you are literally being cucked by fat rich politicians.

>equating voting to lobbying
Lobbying is like buying a billion votes for Hillary and stuffing them in swing states’ voting booths