How come there's no Manga or Doujins based on the 40k Universe...

How come there's no Manga or Doujins based on the 40k Universe? It seems like total Doujinbait material with the extreme over the top extreme characters, lore, and hot battle priestesses.

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58377737
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51341044
youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There isn't much of a story other than a bunch of guys screaming BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! or FOR TEH EMPERAH!

Not cute enough.

Every single thing can be turned into cute lolis.

Only if Slaanesh, fuck the empire and their corpse emperor.

>Doujins
But there is:
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58377737
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=51341044
If you want anime, there was the Regalia anime if you delude yourself hard enough.
>Heroine is an Imperial governor who fell in love with the loli Machine Spirit of a Knight with some warp-related abilities from the Dark Age of Technology.
>Other duo is a Freeblade with her loli Machine Spirit imouto
>Last duo is an undercover Inquisitor who her loli Machine Spirit

I'm honestly amazed that there is no Hetalia-like for the Primarchs.

>Here is an Imperial Governor doing indecent things to the Machine Spirit of her Knight.

This is Immolator-chan!

Tech-heresy!

Wonder what would happen if you put a Space Marine into an Evangelion

Titan are kind of like Evangelion because if your will is not strong enough you get taken over by the Machine Spirit.

No, it doesn't need to be cute lolis. I hate it whenever there is an adaptation of anything they bastardize the source material.

You don't put Space Marines in Titans. You just slowly connect a normal human in until they are so one with the machine they are put in a nutritional fluid and sealed into the machine forever after years of faithful pilotage. Space Marines are too valuable for that.

>You just slowly connect a normal human in until they are so one with the machine they are put in a nutritional fluid and sealed into the machine forever after years of faithful pilotage
Actually you just sit in a chair and get a dank as fuck baton.

You do for a while. But eventually your brain gets too connected to the machine you can't really exist without the augmented world you see when piloting. So they seal you in the titan with nutrition and you become part of the titan.

What if you put this guy into an Evangelion?

I could easily imagine them making some ecchi harem out of the dark eldar

Where is his chin?

That's the exception not really the rule. The loss of sanity and addiction to the experience are the main problems. Since Princeps sense the "ghosts" of past Princeps who enslaved the machine spirit and enforced their will upon it, there must be a non-zero turnover rate for titan commanders. The only truly"entombed" vehicle pilots are dreadnoughts and one special Imperial Knight who refuses to leave their vehicle.

Grimdarkness is a harder sell in Japan. Plus the Japanese don't speak English, and 40k is full of uncommon vocabulary like "dreadnought" and "corsair". And that's before you even get into the made up pseudo-Latin.

sauce?

You can almost hear those giant footsteps

youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

the japs speaking kseudono-Latineru would be amazing

>For this reason, many Princeps hesitate to embrace amniotic immersion despite its advantages and fear the consequences it would bring, while some other members of a Titan's crew view such individuals with a measure of unease and uncertainty. Still, amniotic interfacing offers considerable advantages, and for this reason its use is standard practice in some Titan Legions, and some patterns of Titans require it by design. Princeps will also be modified for internment in an amniotic tank in order to save their lives, for example after they sustain great physical or mental trauma, as often occurs after surviving the destruction of a Titan, or when their addiction to the link grows severe enough that they may not be able to bear disconnection from the MIU. Amniotic immersion is then used to preserve their ruined bodies and to keep their sanity intact through the permanent connection to the Mind Impulse Unit it allows.

>and one special Imperial Knight who refuses to leave their vehicle.

Don't forget all the Tau faggots and their newest AI suits.

Very nice animation.
Although I dont like the Cyperpunk feeling of the depiction of HolyTerra here. Doesnt give one the right feel.

Needs to be darker and a lot more Gothic.
It actually looks like some Japanese cyberpunk anime with renaissance architecture mixed, and not the grimderp atmosphere of the 40k aesthetic.

>Some Titan Princeps
>For this reason, many Princeps hesitate

>That's the exception not really the rule.

Notice how in Titanicus all the crew was ambulatory and how all the model show the crew simply siting in their chairs?

Do the graphic novels not count?

The answer is actually really easy. GW is a fucking evil ass corporation that sues fucking everything for using their property. They hoard their property incredibly hard.

Eventually they are going to lose it due to the Manifold. They may be sitting their now but the senior Princeps eventually go into the goo if they don't fall in battle.

>There is also a perverse effect to the mind-link: it is highly addictive to the human mind. From the moment he manages to dominate his Titan's Machine Spirit, the Princeps will actively crave being linked to his war engine, for the feeling of becoming a godlike machine of destruction is impossibly intense, and living as a mere human eventually becomes intolerable for some Princeps. Alas, this withdrawal also accelerates the Princeps' descent into madness, straining his mind when he is not linked to his mighty war machine. If a Princeps does not fall in battle, he will ultimately fall to the Machine Spirit of his Titan when his will finally snaps.

It's the black and white artwork that gives it that feel. Holy Terra is actually pure as fuck in comparison to the rest of the Imperium, and given that this was a Triumph parade for Coteaz, they got it fucking perfect.
AND THOSE IMPERIAL FISTS!

>intolerable for some Princeps
It doesn't seem like they go into mechanical life support so much as their will eventually breaks from senility. Though that really makes me wonder what "senility" is for incredibly high value individuals like titan Princeps when rejuvenat treatments alone can already make lifespans push 400 years.

I wish it was a parade for Karamazov instead. But I guess the Malleus makes for a better movie then Hereticus,

Gotta love the older hyper-stylized art.

The goo fixes a lot of the issues of that though. If they spend time out of the Manifold they lose it. Inside it they are the mind of the Titan. So they get gooed since they are so rare.

I like the newer art.

>2003 art
>new

Games Workshop lawyers tire endlessly to ensure such thing do not come to pass.

>he did not look closely

Gotta admit, trump is a bit like the god emperor.

40k has great potential for an anime, but the japs would find a way to fuck it up.

Fair enough, there's a much more pressing issue anyways. Why hasn't anyone depicted an Imperator class in all the games that have come out lately, it seems like it would be a shoo-in for 40k poster child status.

>set in 30k
>Primarchs are never lost
>all of them teenagers
>Emperor shows up once psyically bitch smacking Magnus for being a faggot
>Horus wears all black power armor and duel wields power swords which no other Space Marine let alone Primarch can do

I can see it now.

Or they completely throw all the lore in the trash and just make it a generic loli slice of life.

40k is a massive Sandbox. You can make literally any story within the setting.

And I especially dislike how much they've scaled back titan sizes lately.

Well they had one in Winter Assault. You spend all game trying to repair it on the Imperial Side and it smashed like 8 Necron Monoliths at the end.

Holy shit that is great.

I've seen this Heresy.

I actually really liked it.

I'm a bore when it comes to Inquisitors, give me Ravenor and Eisenhorn.

Obligatory post

Oh god, please japan, never make an anime like that. Not even as a parody or joke.

There is so much wrong with this image I don't even know where to start.

Yeah, but that one was downed and all you really get to use is its the hellstorm cannon.

Games Workshop is notoriously anal about its IP and has a corps of ban-happy lawyers. They're terrified of anime diluting the brand.

>blue sky over terra

Not convinced.

Also, there is a severe lack of super fucking large cathedrals.

Nothing can come close to the depiction of the Imperium in Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2bh.

Honestly speaking, there are plenty of good artists they can commission to keep everything nitty and gritty. The biggest issue is why commission a Japanese studio when they can get a one that speaks English instead.