Sword Art Online/Accel World

Happy Birthday, Kawahara!

He has turned 42.

Post your wishes or words of encouragement. May SAO III come out soon.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-02/sword-art-online-gets-live-action-american-tv-series/.104938
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SAO sucks.

Didn't like SAO and never read/watched Accel World but happy birthday.

Holy shit that's the author?
He legitimately looks like he has Downs Syndrome, my fucking sides

Is he married?

If he wasn't before he certainly is now. There's a certain something about a guy who has written a best selling work of fiction that gets all the ladies flocking. Just look at what happened to John Green.

>you will never make a living writing self-insert fantasies for 14 year old japanese kids

bastard deserves a turd cake for greenlighting 80% recap-filled infinite burst

It's legit hard to find a flattering photo of him. Must be that jaw.

He is single, anons. He can be yours!

Please pressure your Dengeki Bunko overlords to do something about the lack of AW anime.

I hope his future wife won't laugh too hard when she reads about 16.5 for the first time.

He looks disturbingly like a hypothetical buttbaby of two friends from college.

I feel like there only 3 people total on Sup Forums who can actually talk about the author instead of immediately disparaging SAO.

Write something other than those two damn series.

wtf he's 42? i thought he wrong sao while he was still a student or someshit

What is "Isolator"?

How did that rumor even start?

You brought Asuna into this world and for that alone you deserve a gorgeous cake with 42 candles, I'd ship it to Japan if I could.

This is the coolest picture I've seen of him yet.

probably assumed since the writing for the original web novel was so infantile. kuwahara's people probably ran with it until the big reveal he was some creepy old fart afterall

I thought he was some genius author as a kid when he created sao. If he's 42 now then he created sao/was a student about 24 years ago, I guess?

>"Kawahara is rich enough as of 2016 that he has the capacity to purchase a house outright, but he still chooses to live in the same place and visit a diner daily to write."

>genius author
He may have sketched out a few scenes as a student but IIRC he started writing much, much later as an adult. And anyway so-called "genius" student writers aren't all that. Look at Christopher "Totally Didn't Rip off Star Wars and LOTR" Paolini.

Have you heard him talk? At the Dengeki Fests he's quiet and awkward as fuck. Mumbles mostly. Any potential waifu would be hard pressed to get anything coherent out of him.

A shitty reskin.
Oh well, can't expect anything original from him. Have any of his series ended?

>Mumbles mostly
That's kind of moe.

I thought Japanese people talk like that normally?

Light Novels don't end, they just get cancelled.

>SAO
Web novel content is over in the LN but he is being forced to write more because this cash cow is not over yet for the publisher/animation studio

>AW
Ongoing

>Isolator
Ongoing

There's a difference between talking quietly but articulately and what Kawahara does, which is something along the lines of

>Q: So Kawahara-sensei, what do you think of X?
>A: Well uh... that's true but... (unintelligible muttering that can probably be heard by the other authors sitting around him but not audible on camera)... and I do think that... (more muttering)... yeah.

At least other people can hear him to relay the answers or translate. It's at least a step up from writing his answers on a Word doc and having it thrown up on a projector.

Some people don't like fucking with their process. Seems to be working for him.

How long until Awkwahara finds his Asuna?

FUCKING REVEAL KYH's TRUE NAME ALREADY YOU DAMN HACK!

Also Happy Birthday.

If men aren't married by 32 they usually never marry.

So 42 years' worth of semen...

Thanks Digibro

So what are the harem members like in isolator?

Jesus fuck, you're telling me a middle aged man is writing this soulless teen power fantasy bullshit? Well, I guess everyone has to make a living...

>that BUNBUN on the right

Damn I didn't even see him until now

abec is one slick bastard

No, user. That's BUNBUN, not abec. How could you possibly get the two confused? They're totally different people. Totally.

SAO SUCKS ASS!

I CANT STAND GARY STUS!

Eh, it's possible. Just don't expect him to have a Yui.

>someone has an opinion
>you must be random worthless youtube faggot #4632 because they are the ultimate authority and tastemakers of anime
STOP

>love Accel World
>share birthday with Kawahara

nice

Where's my figma of Green Grandee?

>No one can actually talk about the author
Alright, I quite like him because having read seen SAO and read Accel World I've witnessed how much his writing has improved between them, and relating to that how Accel World seemed derived from him looking over his own early work and deciding he could do better than that. And then doing it. He's no genius prodigy, SAO is pretty badly written, but I do think he is a good writer, at least now, by dint of practice and experience. Accel World is a really well put together character driven story.

But has SAO gotten better since it started?

look forward to the movie and the live action series

you'll love this then
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-02/sword-art-online-gets-live-action-american-tv-series/.104938

>yfw they remove all the RPG elements from the MMO and turn it into a hyperrealistic survival simulator and make Asuna the main character and give her a bow and arrow as a weapon to bring it more in line with the tastes of the American teenage audience

It better have some good action scenes at least. Kawahara's action scenes are fucking trash.

Happy birthday nigga