Is Generation Z Red-Pilled?

I keep hearing that the next generation is super red pilled and conservative, but I don't see how that can be the case with social media being as strong an influence as it is. Every snap chat, FB, Instagram is pushing leftist garbage. How can they be truly be "Red Pilled"?

Other urls found in this thread:

theroot.com/va-middle-schoolers-simulate-sex-acts-with-pinned-down-1819735950
newsweek.com/how-silicon-valley-divided-society-and-made-everyone-raging-mad-689811
youtube.com/watch?v=S3uDwEIaSoo
blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-gen-z/
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cHDLcKLu4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
poetryfoundation.org/poems/48999/daddy-56d22aafa45b2
youtube.com/watch?v=j2oMt2slGhU
youtube.com/watch?v=yj3ZfZzBYsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've wondered the same

Red pilled as they are classic libertarian, they see this shit and get as discusted as us.

anal pilled for pedowood yes, red pilled to behead pedos?

not really

I don't know, but I saw a high school kid in a crowd of other high school kids snap off a crisp Roman salute and belt out "SIEG HEIL!" at the top of his lungs the other day.

>MFW

Raising my family of four on a steady red meat and red pill diet. oldest is 12, youngest is a year, one in the oven. My wife and I work in the medical field together. 15 years together, married as virgins (both Catholic)
IN my house:
No social media. Neither of us have accounts of any kind on social media.
No cable. We read mother fuckers. And we read well.
No vidya games. Get your asses outside.

I don't believe you...

theroot.com/va-middle-schoolers-simulate-sex-acts-with-pinned-down-1819735950

"Henrico, Va., police are investigating a video posted on the social media platform showing middle school students simulating sex and shouting racially insensitive remarks at black students who appear not to be willing participants."

No.

In either case, it's edgy to be conservative now.

Fuck this dumb planet.

Genz is a generation that is growing up on internet memes. The more offensive, the better.

That and they see things like SJW's and how insufferable they are and it just pushes them to the right.

Ill be honest, its not always easy. Especially the no cable. For the first year I felt like I had no idea what was going on in the world, then I found /pol.

Reading betters every part of your intellectual mind. Watching images flash on a screen makes you a fucking robot. There are more good books than you have time to read. Reading is essential to living a meaningful life.

Holy shit, you sound like such an uptight prick. Your kids are going to end up hating you and your wife because you're denying them modern fun.

>21st century
>No video games
>No television

KEK. Have fun dealing with socially clueless children.

Gen Z is not going to be a left or right winged generation, but rather the most polarized since the 40s. So much blood is going to be shedded in the upcomong decades

Teens will always try to rebel, the fact is acceptance was the millennial cool thing to do because it was rebellious at the time so it only makes sense that the push back and new rebellious thing to do is be more conservative, even if it's only a little more conservative than millenials. We have at least 8 years of this type of rebellion so we will see what it grows into.

as a widespread phenomenon, somewhat true

the truth is that the access to high-speed internet, and enough time spent on it, leads you to dig into the rabbit hole
it's an advantage nor boomers, xers or early millenials counted with

about the suicide of Lara Tolosa Chaneton, 15 years old argie girl who recently commited suicide

"(...)The radical change in the drawings was accompanied by a reversal in the bibliography and a process of introspection defined: in the last year Lara's only desire in her free time was to remain locked in her room, in front of her computer and stuck surfing the Internet. "She began to challenge me with issues that I had never talked about before: one day she questioned the verity of the Holocaust and even criticized the foundations of the #NiUnaMenos movement. She started to take things from the internet, it was noticed that they were premade speechs, heavily scripted, which were repeated ".

>throwback to pewdiepie's "FUCKING NIGGER:

You'll have to let them know that. My kids love me. They have friends too, of course. Raising a family is not as hard if you live in a part of the country that supports the same values as you.

nah. redpilling requires critical thinking and that's not gonna happen in the future.
newsweek.com/how-silicon-valley-divided-society-and-made-everyone-raging-mad-689811

Generation Zyklon

youtube.com/watch?v=S3uDwEIaSoo

Live in commiefornia and graduated high school last year and all the white guys were alt right. The spics and nigs were pretty blue pilled tho.

Gen Z isn't actually using FB, Snap Chat, or Instagram

blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-gen-z/
>They lead secret lives

>Concerned with keeping their online personalities under wraps in fear of being discovered by their parents (or rejected from Harvard), Gen Zers know the importance of managing both their public and private identities over social media.

>They use aliases—shortened versions of their name—to keep from being searchable online. Teens have even established “rinsta” and “finsta” Instagram personas—rinsta being a “real” account and finsta being a “fake” or “friends-only” profile.

>Finsta is where Generation Z share bad selfies and funny memes.

Kids always do the opposite of what they're told because its cool and they have all sorts of anti-bully, hugbox, pussy shit shoved down their throats all the time.

Yup.
Idiot kids do this. Don't marry an idiot broad, and if you are an idiot, expect problems from your progeny.

They are I have 3 teams they think it's joke when there teacher's call them racist.
I picked up my son's friend ,his dad is a shabby hippie. He gets in my car "my dad is a fucking commie fag do you really go on Sup Forums"

>Facebook

Pfffff, you want me to post where my mom can see? Only old farts use facebook.

Nah, you'll use it eventually. Not like you think, but you'll get it because you and your friends won't always be a short drive away, and facebook will allow you to look up/ask for their phone number if it changes, and they forget to tell you.

That's pretty much it. Oh, also, in the States, a lot of employers won't hire you if you don't have a facebook (its seen as antisocial). So you need to have one and write "TGIF!" once every few weeks.

Just remember to use a separate browser just for facebook, because every website that has a "like" button will track you if you're signed into facebook (and most people don't click "sign out," but just close the tab).

Damn, I had never heard about the separate browser shit. What industries "encourage" social media presence in your opinion? In the medical field it is seen as low brow to have a social media presence (I'm talking providers here)

uBlock Origin & Privacy Badger

Who names the generations? And is gen z the last generation we will have?

Got me. Lots of places want to check your profile just to make sure that there isn't anything questionable on your profile.

I use NoScript, and am still careful to use Brave instead of Waterfox for facebook browsing.

Gen Z is barely into high school. Most articles mentioning "genZ" are really just talking about late millennials. A generation is ~20 years in length.

>Every snap chat, FB, Instagram is pushing leftist garbage. How can they be truly be "Red Pilled"?
Literally because of this. Every generation rebels against the status quo. The pendulum will shift with the generation after them back to leftism, then back to right after that gen.

>Who names the generations? And is gen z the last generation we will have?

The people who recognize a new generation coming into existence, usually contemporary historians who write about these things.

Nah man. I'm telling you, us Regan babies were born in a time of hope. We are the final beacon of American Freedom but we are rekindling a flame now, in young trumpadudes and trumpadytes. They will carry our hope forward.

GenZ can't remember a time before 9/11. That's literally the qualifier. What news stories do you remember from when you were 6 years old?

I was born in 86, and I was barely aware of the OJ Simpson shit. I knew of it, but had no idea who he was or what it was about. I just knew that people were talking about OJ Simpson.

My younger brother "doesn't care" about politics. Which is a step up I think. Better than a harping lefty.

I wish I was raised like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=d0cHDLcKLu4

sauce on pic?

how fast did you cum the first time you stuck it in her tight slit?

You should hop over to White Nationalist twitter sometime and see for yourself.

I don't know about the validity of the red-pilled gen z meme, but it's not difficult to conceive of kids with SJW parents being skeptical of the bullshit

It was a glorious 2 minutes. My ass was shaking I came so hard. Brother man, I don't know how the cuckman does it. Every man should have a virgin on his wedding night. He should hold himself to that high standard for life. We only do this thing once.

My parents tried that. I just wound up spending all my time chilling with friends, watching TV and playing video games at their house.

Outright banning shit just made me want to do it more. When I have kids, I'll let them watch tv and play video games, but I plan to monitor it while they are young, and discuss what we watched/played so as to put it in perspective.

gen z reporting, no were not fucking redpilled we just heed to underground social dogma like what idubbbz or h3h3 or a """smart""" person thinks. but thats only like 30% of us, the rest are niggerlovers who fetishize rap culture

t. 2000

ban me fag-mods

GenZ began with those that couldn't remember life before the financial crisis. Those born in 2001 could remember 2006/07, the real estate boom/bust and the resulting collapse. The zeitgeist changed with the financial crisis when everyone lost their jobs and 401k, the country's attitude towards children also changed. So Gen Z begins in 2004, the kids who can't remember a world before the crisis began.

I didnt get to play vidya or even drink soda etc expect at friends or special occasions. Literally doesnt fucking matter. It was just normal to me even tho my neigbour was a spoiled brat. As a kid you dont really miss whzt you barely or dont have and you dont often question what is normal to you.

it's a meme, we'll always be in the shadows of the boomers and millennials

dec. 2000 and I dont remember any """"crisis"""".

>A generation is ~20 years in length.
every half-decade wants to be known as it's own "generation" these days

which is fine, really, since they whole concept is stupid in the first place

society doesn't have generations, families do

I considered 2000+ gen z.

You're retarded.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

Statistics Canada defines Generation Z as starting with the birth year 1993. Statistics Canada does not recognize a traditional Millennials cohort and instead has Generation Z directly follow what it designates as Children of Baby boomers (born 1972–1992).

Randstad Canada describes Generation Z as those born between 1995–2014. Australia's McCrindle Research Centre defines Generation Z as those born between 1995–2009, starting with a recorded rise in birth rates, and fitting their newer definition of a generational span with a maximum of 15 years. A 2014 report from Sparks and Honey describes Generation Z as those born in 1995 or later. Author Jean Twenge describes the iGen as those born from 1995–2012.

In their 2011 book How Cool Brands Stay Hot, authors Joeri van den Bergh and Mattias Behrer define Generation Z as those born after 1996. In Japan, generations are defined by a ten-year span with "Neo-Digital natives" beginning after 1996.

The Futures Company, marketing agency Frank N. Magid Associates, Ernst and Young, Turner Broadcasting, and The Shand Group use 1997 as the first year of birth for this cohort, with Frank N. Magid considering the cohort to extend to at least 2014. A 2016 report from multinational banking firm Goldman Sachs describes Generation Z as those born since 1998.

MTV described Generation Z as those born after December 2000, for a survey conducted by the network regarding possible names for the cohort. The Asia Business Unit of Corporate Directions, Inc describes Gen Z as born between 2001-2015, and Philippine Retailers Association describes Generation Z as born after 2001.

The American Marketing Association describes Generation Z as those born after September 11, 2001, suggesting the cohort should be dubbed Gen 9/11 arguing "all children born after Sept. 11, 2001, will experience a world totally different from all generations that preceded it".

no source and everybody I know in my HS is okay with fag rights, marriage, and weed being legal. its engrained in our minds at this point, and our father-figure like celebrities like h3h3 or idubbbz is totally fine with it, so were fine with it

No they are not. At best they are moderate liberals. Which I know is completely worthless anyways.

Because you were too busy eating boogers.

>society doesn't have generations, families do
The family unit is the building block of every society.

That's reasonable. My oldest (12) is learning to negotiate and earn some of those things. Kids are stupid as fuck when they are young. Set that law down hard then teach them the benefit of earning luxury. My old man lives like a king now, but we lived like peasants growing up. ON PURPOSE. Live modestly so your kids learn the beauty of simplicity. The modern world is going nowhere.

This.

You're quoting gay canadian statistics?

>Statistics Canada does not recognize a traditional Millennials cohort and instead has Generation Z directly follow what it designates as Children of Baby boomers (born 1972–1992).

>and fitting their newer definition of a generational span with a maximum of 15 years.

>In Japan, generations are defined by a ten-year span with "Neo-Digital natives" beginning after 1996.

Oh boy, no millennial generation according to canada. Must be really reliable. 10 year "generation" according to japan, only 15 according to canada fags. If you're going to quote wiki, at least quote something of value that makes sense.

>arguing "all children born after Sept. 11, 2001, will experience a world totally different from all generations that preceded it".

This is fucking stupid. It wouldn't be children born after 9/11, it would also be the kids who couldn't remember life before this time- those under 4. None of these wiki quotes are accurate.

>My kids love me.
I can guarantee that's not what they think about you. I hope they smash your knees with sledgehammers and pour burning candle wax down your throat.

I would be proud of the little fuckers if they succeeded.

I'm SUURE they love you now. After a few months they'll go into thwir Richard Dawkins pretentious faggot stage and start to resent you. If they come back from that, ur goos, but theres a chance he wont.

t. experience witg myself and my brother

hope she doesn't find herself with another man and realize what she's been missing out on, glad you're happy though...

I'm quoting literally every qualifier on wikipedia. Where's your source saying that it's defined as those who don't remember a time before the financial crisis?

>The family unit is the building block of every society.
that's not really saying anything though

one family might have 3 generations in a century while another has 5 generations in the same century, and giving a cute nickname to all of the children born in some arbitrarily picked twenty-year period doesn't actually mean anything. An old millennial will identify with a young gen-Xer (born two years apart) more than he'll identify with a young millennial (born 15 years apart)

are they the future right wing death squads we have been waiting for? no.

do they hold more conservative views than the generations immediately before and after them? yes.

we're definitely winning the culture war with gen z though, they love the sorta shit Sup Forums pumps out on the daily

>t. graduated from highschool in may

You're a real tough guy, aren't you? Let's see if you're still hot shit after they take turns smashing your face in with a crowbar while you're asleep.

Sup Forums mistakes being edgy for edginess sake as redpilled because the two are so similar. One does it for fun and the other does it because they actually fell for the infographics.

May happen. I'm honestly a pretty chill dude. If they rebel, I just pray its productive. What else can we do? I know in my heart I have done my best.

>I'm quoting literally every qualifier on wikipedia.
Except you didn't.

>Author Neil Howe defines the cohort as people born from approximately 2005–2025, but describes the dividing line between Generation Z and Millennials as "tentative" saying, "you can’t be sure where history will someday draw a cohort dividing line until a generation fully comes of age". Howe says that the Millennials' range beginning in 1982 points to the next generation's window starting between 2000 and 2006.

Strauss and Howe are the ones who defined the millennials in the first place. The beginning of Gen Z cannot be before 2004 at this point because the zeitgeist hasn't shifted yet. It can go closer to 2006 but not sooner than 2004.

Little sister is 2000, I think she is well put together. Always complaining about sluts, whores, and druggies in high school. Witness mentally unstable kids, I always warn her about the suicidal and mentally ill factor of leftism and she seems to agree also a good Christian.

I have another sister 1996 who voted for Trump, when I asked her to confirm that she said and I quote, "You didn't think I would vote for that dumb bitch Hillary did you".

I'm optimistic.

We went with the 'You can buy videogames with your pocket money, just no TVs in bedrooms' route.
Makes them less likely to rebel and lose countless hours to it when they're independent. It's not like they have much time to play games on a farm anyway.

Its a mixed like every generation. My son is 12 and he & his friends are 100% based even beyond my own influence. I’m starting to wonder where the fuck he gets his ideas. They play Xbox far too much though.

Fair enough, I missed that one (due to the character limit). That said, you are literally handpicking one, and ignoring the shit ton of others who say differently.

If they are playing online, that's where they get it. When they are used to hundreds, if not thousands, of strangers calling them faggots on a daily basis, they don't understand how a single word from a stranger can hurt someone.

You know what the funny thing about kids is? They are a rebellious group who don't want the norm. I wouldn't be suprised if they got sick and tired of leftist shit being jammed down their throats.

Since Trump got elected, they may as well change the name of those shows to "Autistic Screeching Starring [insert mouthpiece]."

'98 fag here
>b-but muh 2000 start
Absolutely arbitrary and wrong. Most place the start date at 1995, and if youre to say that a person who was 9 years old when Obama and the iPhone came out is the same generation as someone who was 19, you're retarded

Gen Z can be split between either the redpilled, the leftist, and the 'I'd-rather-not-talk-about-it'
All of us are freakishly reliant on technology, and are 100% immersed in meme culture. Hell, the percussion section of my high school band stitched 'Bush did 9/11' on the inside of their collars.
As to how redpilled Gen Z can be, to give an example I had a friend that was a sophmore when I was a senior last year that was openly considering converting to Orthodox and offering to lend me his copy of My Legionnaires, and openly went out and tried to redpill other people

What Sup Forums neglects to realize is that a large amount of posters are underage, and that still includes Sup Forums

>with social media being as strong an influence as it is.

They read and spread shit from Sup Forums. And they have older siblings and teachers who are insufferable faggots.
Every time something serious goes down in society, the only place to come for some hope of real insight is here and few satellite sites.
Also, they all play games and know SJWs spoil everything they touch.

Interested.

You're kind of between the sub-gen iY and Gen Z. And yes, I absolutely believe that the internet hitting mainstream adoption is revolutionary enough to cause a sub-generational shift. I have more in common with the Greatest Gen than I do with most people that are only 8 years younger than me, and don't remember a time before the internet.

But its more than just impunity to name calling, its far more.

Because Gen Z thinks that social media is for faggots

Not really, in my opinion. Think about it: the entire leftist movement grants power to victimhood, and the vast amount of victimhood comes from blatantly empty threats and name-calling online. Since the left wants to empower victims, and they have suffered "victimhood (as the left qualifies it)" since they first interacted with others online, they don't understand how or why these people are victims. Thus, they don't understand why they should be granted power.

t. Greetings there, my fellow child-human gen Zee-ers!

Gen Z will be conservative if being conservative doesn't turn off the females. If the average young woman learns to virtue signal on social media as their peers have, the men will be afraid to come out as conservative, and will at the very least adopt liberal viewpoints in order to get laid.

It's a tale as old as time.

wow, this is gonna be a crazy next few decades.

This is bullshit. There are as many trash novels being cranked out by amazon as their are trash episodes on TV. If you go looking for quality, you'll find it.

The more I think about it, the more I see video games as a positive influence.
>last bastion of masculinity
>view into the cold hard realties war
>socializing with friends & working towards common goals
>hearing uncensored talk from said friends & having freedom to speak freely themselves

Oh but they don't have to and they shouldn't:

poetryfoundation.org/poems/48999/daddy-56d22aafa45b2

>Gen Zers have an average attention span of eight seconds

>thinking your son is gonna listen to his stupid ass dad while he's playing

Aw, we lost an /ourgirl/.

Wiki doesn't show everyone's opinion on generations, it was an article written by a person who picked whichever quotes they thought relevant to the discussion. Lots of different corporations/governments have their own system of naming/grouping cohorts.

The point I'm making is that for the american generations(this only applies to america, other countries are likely different) we haven't really shifted as a society yet. Each new generation tends to have a cultural and mood shift that comes about as they do, this is what allows you to identify them in the first place. The only numbers that could have made sense in this post were the 1997/98 numbers or 2004/05. 97/98 would work if sept 11th were the end of the millennials but this didn't shift american parents and their attitudes towards children, 9/11 didn't start a ground war on american soil or push children indoors. It was multiple events/factors starting around the financial crisis. Kids today are typically very sheltered, when is the last time you saw kids on halloween, and how many were there? Kids today go to trunk or treat, not their neighbors as they did 10-15 years ago:

youtube.com/watch?v=j2oMt2slGhU

Compare to the 80s or 90s:
youtube.com/watch?v=yj3ZfZzBYsA

I rarely see children playing or riding bikes anymore, they're all indoors which seems strange but that's the shift that happened. The 90s kids didn't experience this unless their parents were abnormally protective, but that abnormal behavior is normal now.

You don't have to talk to him while he's playing, dumbass. You have a conversation afterwards.

Good point

>thinking he's gonna give a shit what his stupid ass boring dad has to say about it

The only people that complain about social media being blue pilled are losers who either 1. don't use it and base all of their opinions on it from screenshots of the worst of the worst, or 2. they genuinely have zero friends and only know blue pilled people on there.

YOU control who you connect with on social media, the only people you need to talk with are the ones you want to talk with. Facebook is basically just a user-moderated Sup Forums with private messaging if you know what you're doing.