Man this pook is pretty anarcho-pol

man this pook is pretty anarcho-pol.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoyevsky
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pochvennichestvo
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.16299
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pook

Dostoyevsky had his first known affair with Avdotya Yakovlevna, whom he met in the Panayev circle in the early 1840s. He described her as educated, interested in literature, and a femme fatale.[110] He admitted later that he was uncertain about their relationship.[111] According to Anna Dostoyevskaya's memoirs, Dostoyevsky once asked his sister's sister-in-law, Yelena Ivanova, whether she would marry him, hoping to replace her mortally ill husband after he died, but she rejected his proposal.[112]
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoyevsky

did you read this?

It's my favorite work of fiction (although I'm a non-fiction man). The ending left me scratching my head a little, but as I learned more about Eastern Orthodox spirituality, it made more sense. Dostoevsky's later political beliefs are definitely intriguing:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pochvennichestvo

hm?

yes

"It is not as a child that I believe and confess Jesus Christ. My hosanna is born of a furnace of doubt."

Story of guilt and Christian redemption; nothing "anarcho" about it at all.

Its anti the status quo of the era.

Dostoevsky is pretty fucking brilliant DESU. I'd highly recommend looking at both Notes from the Underground and The Brother Karamazov if you are enjoying Crime & Punishment.

what about raskolovs debt and the crime he commits because of the hold money (debt) has on him.

The best book is War and Crime by Leodor Tolstoyevsky

I actually found Brothers Karamazov a disappointment after reading Crime and Punishment. Don't get me wrong, it's still a 1st rate work of fiction. So much of "great" literature advocated, in one way or another, the drift of the Enlightenment and liberalism/leftism. Dostoevsky is a welcome relief from that.

tis book was the author's tantrum at the Bolshevik law enforcement - he basically showed that the inner guilt is the punishment, as while the main character struggles with the effects of his murdery he saw no escape from, we are shown a guy who poisons his own wife and stares into mirror to see his majesty, we see a policeman walking after a guy who is trying to kidnap a girl without arrest, we see rich guy showing off his richness for self-satisfaction.

It's understandable. I've got a bit of a hard-on for the old Russian, so I often overrate him. A lot of it comes from me finding The Grand Inquisitor my favorite novel, so to each there own.

Is the Brothers Karamazav worth reading?

That's how I felt too. Initially the ending felt out of place but it made more sense the more I looked into it

I like Dostoyevsky a lot but I've tried 3 times and given up 3-400 pages in every time.

>crime and punishment
>happening during soviet era russia
Polish education

i feel that my main issue is that its really hard keeping track of the character because their names are so alien to me

it's definitely a book best read in the fall/winter, when you spend most of your time with a blanket next to the fireplace, because it a takes a lot of time to get through

I read Dostoevshy's Demons, which is loosely based on a real anarchist uprising attempt that failed in some Russian city. Dostoevsky basically ridicules everyone: authorities and anarchists both are portrayed as idiots if I remember correctly.

I tried a number of times too, along with the Idiot, Notes From Underground, and Bros. Karamazav. Never felt like finishing any of them. Similar experience with Tolstoy. I've concluded that Russian literature is shit.

best book ever

they should give copies to the "deep state" because its what they are acting out

these are autistics, they cant even bathe themselves
russian literature, like russian music, is among the best there is

because they were connected to nature

unlike the vermin you meet everywhere now

I whole heatedly agree user! I bolstered my understanding with a character synopsis. 'Twas very helpful. I highly recommend this route.

Notes From Underground is about 100 pages. It's a great intro to Dostoevsky if you haven't read him.

Don't be talkin shit

Just keep in mind that it is a spiritual and cerebral book, not so much a book of excitement (which Crime and Punishment had more of).

anything written by dostoevsky is to be devoured

Educate me on the different translations of Brothers Karamazov and Crime and Punishment
ploz

Demons is my favorite Dostoevsky book and is his most Sup Forums related work. It also has a much more anarcho related presence, which I didn't see any of in C&P. Wish more people would discuss it here when literature is brought up.

>Couldn't finish a 100+ page novella
Does yourself, and the rest of the human race a favor, and get yourself sterilized so you won't pass on your brainlet genes.

I never realized how long it was. I think I'll dive into it this week:
archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.16299

it's my favourite

take it slowly

It has a very steep introduction, but sticking with it is well worth it. There is a previously censored chapter named 'At Tikhon's' that is now added as an appendix that should be read at chapter 9 part 2, don't miss it as it's critical to the main charcters arc.

Man has free will. This is the underlying theme in almost all of Dostoevsky's works. It's why the Communists didn't like them very much. Especially "The Devils", i.e., the Possessed.

I read Bothers Karmozoltov. Dostoevsky was good at painting pictures with words, but thats about it. It seemed pretty juevinile in some parts.

Nah, fuck off