djt.neocities.org/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
thejadednetwork.com/sfx/browse/zowa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

今日も一日アンキするぞい!

is 稚戯 an edgy way of writing 児戯?

There was no jump for me, I never made the distinction when picking which manga I would read and the lack of furigana never manifested itself as a problem to me. Just use kanjitomo and there's pretty much no difference from reading with furigana.

I'm supposed to spend all day on Anki?

No, 30 minutes or so is good.

Yes, if you want to learn Japanese

What else would you do? Read native material? That sounds like a massive waste of time

児戯 looks edgy enough already

What's the edgiest kanji out there?

鏖 no fucking contest

気持ち悪い。これがセックシーストだ。

男なら問題のある言語現象は許さないな
言論の自由でも制限がある

Once you start reading and mining a lot of words you'll be surprised how much time you'll have to spend on Anki due to the buildup of reviews from all the new cards over the week.

個室

I thought this meant "persistence / insistence / adherence" for months before I realised my mistake

I figured it was just one of those words that uses weird kanji

>I thought this meant "persistence / insistence / adherence"
Just out of curiosity, but how did this even happen?

>Tfw you finish reading a fuck ton of pages of something without having to add any new words to your gigantic vocab backlog

Or you can just limit the number of new cards a day so that you can spend only a reasonable amount of time on anki.

固執

Mined it wrong and never realised

how big is your vocab, and what have you been reading?

Around 10k words in anki, but my vocab backlog is like 300 words long, not sure if it'll ever start going down

I read 10 pages of Kino no Tabi like an hour ago without adding any new words which I was pretty happy about

> 数百人の視線と声で嫌な汗が流れた

the looks and voices of hundreds of people as disgusting sweat flowed?

He got unpleasantly sweaty when faced with stares and voices of several hundreds people.

this is why I will never learn Japanese

で is the "cause of effect" meaning here. Everyone stared at him so he got sweaty.

Anki is a huge fucking meme. Holy shit.

how do I stop seeing Japanese sentences as a big cloud of words to which I have to infer the true meaning?

grammar guides don't help at all when all they teach is super basic garbage like "I am faggot" "I was faggot".

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

ReAd MoRe

Do we really have to bring this back?

For future reference (on how to tell if something is a shitpost):
>calls the community made guide/whatever method a piece of shit with no reasoning given why
>insults someone giving helpful advice with no reasoning given why
>attempts to create arguments over virtually nothing (eg opinions without facts)
>"spam questions" that are easily answered
>uses obtuse Japanese fragments interspersed with English to attempt bypass people trying to filter the shitposts
>any mention of anime being shit, or "real Japanese"
>spells the word as romanji
It's pretty easy to tell at this point.

For newcomers, if in doubt, use the guide's advice as a fallback if you're genuinely not sure if it's "shitpost advice" or not.

If you're curious about how anki actually works, I suggest reading up on the "forgetting curve" and how "spaced repetition system"s aka SRS actually work in regards to your memory.

>Anki is a huge fucking meme. Holy shit.

But Anki is literally THE optimal method of memorizing things. It's based on science and shit.

I've been meaning to maybe pick up Violet Evergarden. Anyone have an idea for what the difficulty level on that is?

You just keep doing it and it gets easier with time. The more and the better you practice the faster you'll improve, just like anything else in life.

It has anime pictures on it, what the fuck do you think?

In the reading list from the guide, how are the following terms ordered in terms of difficulty:

Beginner, Easy, Basic

I'm guessing that's the order, but there's no key anywhere.

>grammar guides don't help
Assuming you are not , because that post pretty much highlights a clear lack of understanding the use of で in a rather simple sentence, you can try to read the end of a sentence first. Just skip to the 。and then backtrack 1 particle at a time.

reading more is a fucking meme when I can't understand what I'm reading at all

Reading/listening more is the answer to everything, yes it's hard, but do you really expect learning a language to be easy? You read hard shit that you barely understand in order to improve and advance

You should probably start by reading manga aimed at 18+ year olds before you try your luck with all the grown up stuff mentioned in the guide.

I'm probably learning the wrong or uncommon readings for many words because I just take whatever Anki gives me. I've changed a couple readings because they finally showed up in voiced lines so I knew which reading they used.

> JUST READ MORE

ok let's give it another go then since you insist so much:

> まあそんな事言ってられるのも今のうちだがね

all I see in that sentence is "maa" "something like that" "itterareru" which I assume is say being conjugated somehow maybe into passive and done to the speaker "and" "ima no uchi daga" no fucking clue about that last one now my something explanatory

that was a nice exercise I will surely improve if I just keep going!

Two years since I've been interested and eight months since getting serious with this garbage language and this is all I can manage.

Nisio has anime pictures, too.

I picked up a VN with good music thinking I'd have a good time, but I've heard the same 2 minute loop for more than 30 minutes now. And it does not loop well.
kill me

しょうがない
When they say read more, they mean read more and look up and study the grammar you don't know.

言っている → 言ってる → 言ってられる

だが is ですけど, kinda.

I can't make out the meaning of the sentence but I'm gonna plead "no context".

Is it cheating to add those images?

Nothing shown after you answer could possibly be cheating.

Well if you don't understand a part and you can't figure it out through googling and shit then just skip it or write it down somewhere and come back to it when you've improved, or just stop reading it for today and read something easier, and then go back to it tomorrow and see if you can get it then when you're not as salty

Yes it's frustrating when you can't work shit out, but reading really is the most effective method, everyone has parts that they just can't figure out no matter what they do, you just have to try your best to work it out or skip it until you're better

That られる is the potential form of いる, not a passive.

You would be able to deduce things like that yourself if you had a better command of the grammar obtained by reading and actively listening to the language a lot, combined with lots of study. It takes effort and time, and I'm sorry about that, but it can't be helped.

Here:
> まあ
Well,
>そんな事言ってられるのも
Being able to say such a thing also
>今のうちだがね
Is only for the time being, you know.

>Well, you won't be able to say that for much longer, though.

Just keep trying.

Your first (sometimes second too) VN experience is always going to be painful and requiring a big amount of patience and dedication. Snailing through the common route of Flyable Heart made me want to kill myself, I got incredibly sick of the soundtrack and I dreaded even opening up the game. It got much better and easier by the end and I'm all the happier for following through with it.

tell me /djt/
what does sakai mean

>5分程過ぎてますもんね。。。
This is saying 5 minutes are passing (have passed) right?

Yes. For certain verbs the ~ている form and the past-tense are essentially the same because they're considered instantaneous.

That's what I thought. Many thanks user.

Damn, いる is where I messed up. One day I'll remember て is a gerund.

How do you know that 今のうちだがね means "*only* for the time being"? Just because the verb was in potential form?

After 500 anime, I can just simply understand it man, not even kidding either.

This is why you read things that have a translation. So you can actually learn from your mistakes and things you don't understand.

Naturally you won't magically be able to read Japanese by staring at a bunch of sentences you don't understand.

今のうち is literally "the space of right now." He's saying that he's able to say such a thing within that space, which in my mind naturally excludes him from being able to say it outside that space, i.e. in the near future.

I can also recommend taking everything said here with a massive grain of salt. Anonymous is not a reliable source when it comes to anything, let alone learning Japanese.

Yeah fair enough, I can see how it would mean that through the context of the situation and everything, just the fact it doesn't explicitly say it threw me off

Sound effects are worse. The phone ringing in Flyable Heart was true suffering.

>Naturally you won't magically be able to read Japanese by staring at a bunch of sentences you don't understand.

You're the guy who hasn't even finished Yotsuba, right? It's very evident.

>j-japanese is special
>t-the proper way to learn other languages and skills doesn't apply here

How many languages do you speak?

Polish, German, Catalan, English, French, Russian and a bit of Dutch

Well you certainly speak more languages than me then. But I learned English without the use of official translations as they didn't exist for my native language.

While it may not be the most efficient way of studying, exposing yourself to the language will bring you progress as long as you have an idea of what is going on. Reading more will work, though obviously you should consult the DOJG or google when you have issues with certain points of grammar.

That wasn't me, I speak 3. It doesn't really matter much though because the same holds for pretty much any skill. You won't learn math by doing exercises all on your own and never checking the solution manual either.

>efficient
Unless you're a worthless NEET with all the time in the world or plain enjoy wasting your time, efficiency is pretty fucking important.

I implore you to read a work translated into your native language and compare it to the original. Translations are riddled with mistakes even when languages are closely related and it's sickening. The general gist is still conveyed properly, but the details get lost in translation.

Comparing what you're reading to a translated work is not the same as checking a solution manual for math. I won't say that checking a solution for the proper method is bad, but you could achieve the same result by proper study of a method's description. Though in that case you might end up misunderstanding something or doubting yourself. Making mistakes while reading is fine, and to be expected. You just have to realize what mistakes you made when things don't make sense later on in the story.

I think the best effect from checking a translation is the reinforcement you get if you find that your interpretation is in the right ballpark. It's kind of like going back to something you could not do at all only to find it incredibly easy, that sense of achievement and positive reinforcement is good for learning I think.

The only thing to keep in mind is a healthy sense of not coddling yourself with too much.

Reminder to stay hydrated for max studying performance! Even mild dehydration can make you feel tired, sluggish, and moody. Believe it or not, this can happen with as little as a loss of 1.5 percent of your body’s water weight. So keep a glass of water nearby throughout the day and sip on it regularly.

You can do that after you looked up all the words you don't know in a dictionary, read up on grammar patterns you don't understand and more or less understood how the Japanese sentence works.

Of course. And usually the translation shows the general meaning clearer so if you do not understand a grammar construct you can then look at it from a different viewpoint and hopefully you realize your mistake.

I'll sip on you regularly

When medical nanotechnology reaches the level of being able to give anyone improved ability in retaining and learning languages in a fraction of the time, how will you feel?

Hydration truly is key. And everyone knows that the best way to stay hydrated is by drinking Gatorade®. I always keep at least one fresh bottle of Gatorade® by my computer, and another Gatorade® in the fridge. When I need that brain power boost I simply pour a fresh and tasty glass of Gatorade® and chug it down! I finish my reps with minimum effort! It IS in me!

Is it in you?

I'll put something in you

I think that kind of fantasy would instantly make basically any skill completely useless, and society would crumble, so it's not really worth thinking about.

I probably won't feel a thing unless they invent a way for me to become immortal within the next 50 years.

Current society needs to crumble it's fucking terrible

everyone knows you water down gatorade 4:1 and even then only drink it if youre actually exercising and need electrolyte replenishment

my fave part about gatorade personally though is the bottles because the top is very wide so i can just barely fit my dick inside to piss

I feel like as soon as nanotechnology reaches even competent levels it and computer technology are just going to run away and society just 50 years past will look unrecognizable.

>using wani-ade

Embedded marketing is real, you guys.

未来は怖い

You're alive for the greatest revolution in history though, user.

私は今うんこしてる

おめでとう

Does ぞわわっ mean something like "shuddering"?

One character was saying it after 2 other characters got a joking gay vibe going. Context and the first few hits on google seem to confirm it being "shuddering" but I can't make a connection to any word on jisho. Is is simply a feminine cutoff version of ぞっと?

はちがつがおわるよ

あきのむしのこえが

すずやかになってきたよ

おはようおにいちゃん

thejadednetwork.com/sfx/browse/zowa/