Pokespe thread

Pokespe thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Pokémon-Adventures-Black-White-Pokemon/dp/1421584387/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Respond damn you.

we need more memes

Gotcha senpai

We can all agree that ruby and sapphire is best otp right?

Oh, goodie!

Does anybody notices about this girl.

She is blue from the pokemon special and she is cute.

I stopped reading because it got past where it had been scanlated, and that was all the way back in the DP storyline, I need to find this again and catch up.

Do you think that Blue is perfect.

>pokespe thread

Awwww shit yeah. One of my favorites. It's just so fun

I stopped reading sometime around Platinum because all the scans stopped, but since Sun and Moon come out soon I might as well pick it back up

The mangaka is f ucking crazy though. Fucker's been trying to run ORAS, BW2 and XY at the same time.

Hell no, best ship is the most tragic one.

I can't read Special, it kills my heart. There's so many cute girls and there's almost fanservice, but never anything good.

Well, the luckyshipping were the best ship ever.

Wait...

HIS HAIR IS NOT WHITE?

Yes
>Even like blue

>I stopped reading sometime around Platinum because all the scans stopped
Same, what happened?

Cute girls is all my body physically needs

Guess they just slowed down because HGSS was coming out at the same time?

As far as I know they're updating again though. Think it's on batoto?

He wears a hat.

Why was Dia so fucking based?

Where is that user with the hot Zinnia's doujin?

Green

Yes of coruse her name was different during the frist eng print.

Oh boy, if you never knew this, then I wonder what your reaction will be to the fact that its a black headband

Red x Yellow is OTP. Ruby is too cool to be tied down to one girl.

My eyes rarely stray far above her waist.

Fug was so mad.

IIRC BW was published in several different magazines, so raws were hard to come by and what was available skipped around a lot. Then the games started coming out faster than the manga could finish arcs so the author was managing three or four arcs simultaneously. We still don't know the numbering for chapters past BW2. Scanlations have only started to catch up fairly recently.

DPPt, HGSS, and BW are complete.

They are in the middle of completing ORAS, B2W2 has been on stall forever and XY has also been on hold to finish up ORAS. With fucking Sun and Moon coming out we will never see if best boy will stop being a light stone

>dat pic

first time I've seen one getting the hair that wrong

Why is Rayquaza so fucking based?

They rescued those bodyguards from the distortion world. They stopped Arceus from being buttmad about the world. Black is a light stone, and now we are in ORAS, XY and B2W2.

He don't take shit from some bitch that attacks his crew. Also Zinnia was a bitch since before RSE and he probably remembered her being a retard from back then.

Bump, come on Sup Forums, last pokespdc thread here was great!

>They'll never be reunited
Why does this hurt so much?

>With fucking Sun and Moon coming out
The Sun/Moon manga wasn't announced as being part of Special for some reason, not sure if it'll be canon.

You fool, you think there are only ONE pokemon manga in existence, there that one with the creepy clefary, there is also one about DP that is basically "pokemon dragon ball", and the new XY is completely unrelated to pokespec.
>I doubt it will be canon
I was hoping the retards that think pokeman has only one big continuity were secluded in /vp/...

Unlike what Pokespe retards think, there's tons of different Pokemon manga from different authors running concurrently.

>I was hoping the retards that think pokeman has only one big continuity were secluded in /vp/...
It's more of a Specialfag thing than a /vp/ thing.

Is not, in /vp/ there are retards that think in pokeman as a one big continuity, the games, the pokespec manga, the ashinme, all them are one for them.

I have never seen this outside Pokespe threads and muh Red threads where all characters named Red from different continuities are considered the same person by what seems to mostly be Pokespefags

>ashinme

I ran into retards that were claiming that the orange islands are canon, they never specific that is canon to the ashnime, they just say is canon and rage if you try to explain them about the different continuities.

>ashnime

>ashnime
I can imagine how those "explanations" went.

What?

Who is the best boy and who is the best girl? Gold and Blue for me.

I don't know where you came from, but please go back there.

Blue's original outfit still makes me rock hard.

Lurk more faget

Opinions on the XY saga so far? I don't really like it, everything feels even more rushed than previous arcs, X is kind of unlikeable, and the battles aren't entertaining. It did make Diantha more likeable to me though.

X and Y are both terrible characters.

what the fuck?

pokespecial lost it's way after gold and silver, evidently

It lost and refound its ways like 10 times now.
The Yellow arc was complete horseshit from the point they got to the island too.

Ruby and Yellow. Black2 might move up depending on how his arc works out.

It's probably the worst arc so far. The background plot is kind of interesting, but the main characters have fuck all to do with it and just wander around explaining mega evolution and being angsty.

no that is green

that's bullshit. Yellow was a great arc.

the firs time the quality of pokespecial dipped for more than a chapter or two was near teh beginning of gold and silver.

It was a bunch of retarded edgeshit and Lance is probably still one of the worst written characters in the entire series.

Red and Green are named the way they're named because the original versions of the game were Red and Green. Even in the FRLG remakes when Leaf became a player character the rival maintained his default name of Green. The name is changed in western releases to red and blue as counterparts.

The only real reason to keep with the swapped name is because you're familiar with it, which is always dumb no matter what dub name you have.

He was fine, and having the gym leaders and dex holders team up against the elite four was hype.

amazon.com/Pokémon-Adventures-Black-White-Pokemon/dp/1421584387/

Happening?

That was a great twist moment.

I think that the author having to juggle so many series at once isn't making things easier. Releasing mainline pokemon games every year with a corresponding series with it will take its toll.

But there's no way you could call RS trash.

fuck forgot about those guys. They were pretty based
>When Pearl gets a bluziel and remembers them

>when Red rolls up on his bike and kicks Bruno's shit in

Why they never adapt this into anime instead of that garbage Ash it beyond me

Will Pokespe ever be as bad as it was during Emerald again?

The pacing is complete ass and extremely unsuitable for a running anime series.

Too bad that outfit will never return.

>The pacing is complete ass
It's literal gold compared to the actual show.

Are you retarded? Go ahead and show me how you'd adapt the GSC arc across 150 anime episodes.

An episode for 2 - 5 chapters, depending. It's not that hard.

There's not even 150 chapters to that arc. Try again.

Why the fuck would anyone adapt 1 arc to 150 episodes, are you an idiot? I don't think even the namek saga was that stretched.

There's no reason it would have to be long running, and even if it did they would just throw filler in everywhere just like every other long running series.

Hell, I was right, the entire namek arc was 67 episodes long.

I really wish they brought back the original artist for the first 9 volumes of special

new art sucks ass

W-what happened? I've always wanted to pick this up, but not if it gets super sad.

>Why the fuck would anyone adapt 1 arc to 150 episodes
Because if they had been adapting Special instead of making an original show, they'd obviously have adapted each arc while the games it adapted was still current. The gen 2 anime adaptation would have aired while gen 2 were the current games. And that was 3 years, so roughly 150 episodes.

>There's no reason it would have to be long running
It'd be the fucking Pokemon anime. It'd be long running for the exact same reason the current anime is long running: The people paying for it need it to be constantly on air.

You are actually retarded.

user, you were literally told why it'd have been a bad idea to adapt this instead of what they did instead.
You can't BOTH say the current anime has bas pacing AND say that a Special adaptation wouldn't have had bad pacing because they could have aired 15 episodes a year. If they wanted, they could have done that with the current show too.

The current anime is garbage among other reasons BECAUSE it's stretched out as you say.
Adapting pokespecial would only have bad pacing if you want to force it to have the same garbage pacing the current show has. You can't say "Pokespecial has bad pacing BECAUSE if you stretch it to 150 episodes it would suck". The fuck kind of insane logic is that?

15 episodes a year wouldn't fix the current show regardless, but it wouldn't ruin special.

user. The fact that the Pokemon anime has one episode a week and never takes breaks means that the producers need this to be the case. This would have been the case no matter if they had made their own show or adapted a manga.
Your logic is some kind of retarded loop going roughly
>the anime sucks because it's too stretched out and has too much filler, they should have adapted Special instead
>that would have been even more stretched out and had even more filler
>they could just take season breaks then

If your argument is "they shouldn't stretch each region so much", then SAY that, don't make shitty strawmen involving manga series that would have received even more stretched out adaptations than what you're currently getting.

>Adapting pokespecial would only have bad pacing if you want to force it to have the same garbage pacing the current show has.
It would have had. That's how these things work.

The problem is you went full retard with your initial answer.

Instead of saying "they don't adapt Special because the anime is a low-creativity commercial where the only priority is having it be permanently on air", you'd have been correct. Instead you said "Super has bad pacing that doesn't work for long running series".
Then when pressed on why it had bad pacing, you went and argued that IF you adapt it with horrid pacing, it would have bad pacing. I really hope I don't have to explain why that's a dumbass circular point. "Super has worse pacing than the actual anime, because if you give it the pacing of the actual anime it would be bad".

Fact is, when someone says "I wish they'd adapt Special", it's because they want a decent pokemon anime, not just having the anime replacing Ash with Red and still shitting out a weekly episode eternally.
And no, the pacing is not the only problem the Pokemon anime has. Even if it had a tight pacing and removed 75% of filler, you'd still have the shitty story of Ash instead of the much better one used in Special.

Then it wouldn't be a real adaptation of Special and Special would still not have bad pacing, only the poor anime version of it.

>I wish they had adapted Special
>that's a bad idea because it would suck if each arc was 150 episodes
>no, I want them to adapt it faithfully in a normal number of episodes
>it would suck because it would be 150 episodes

Also, that's not what a strawman is.

If the only way thy could possibly adapt Speial and not make it shit is to not make it a longrunner, then your issue is clearly with the fact that the Pokemon anime is a longrunner, not with the fact that it's not adapting Special.

Or maybe he just wants a GOOD adaptation of the material instead of an eternally stretched one.

But no, your logic is flawed. Special is a different story with different characters than the pokemon Anime, so just because stretching it out would ruin it doesn't mean it's the only thing wrong with the original anime.

You're retarded, but keep intentionally missing the point, I'm sure stubbornly defending your mistaken position on an anonymous board is worth it.

When the fuck is Gold and Silver gonna get animated?

Pokespe deserves it recognition after the crime the anime committed on my forgotten boy Satoshi.

Then shouldn't you be happy they didn't choose to adapt it and ruin it? It WOULD have been stretched out.

No user, 150 episodes per "season" is not the only way to adapt something.

But it's what they chose to do with Pokemon. And that was because "it's Pokemon", not because of anything related to what they based it on. They'd have made that exact same decision had they gone with a manga adaptation too you know that.

Not at all. Pokemon special is an ongoing multi-arc story with good source material.

The only way to adapt it is not in fact "game commercial mode". Either way, you seem mentally stuck on this long-running issue when the guy literally only said "the anime is shit, I wish Super got an adaptiation".

And he's been told that a Special adaptation would have been just as shit if not more so because it WOULD have been an eternally long runner if that's what they'd have based the anime on.