"Family Friendly" Anime

I know what you guys are thinking, but hear me out. This isn't a request thread so much as a general discussion on this kind of stuff, since /ai/ doesn't discuss Ghibli or really anything but idol shows.

I have this niece I want to introduce to anime, thing is her mom is one of those crazy-ass Messianic Jews. I thought maybe PriPara or CCS would be good but the second she saw Sakura doing magic she freaked the fuck out.

Do you have any experience with this shit? Have any of you guys ever tried to convince a crazy relative that anime is not, in fact, evil and demonic? I don't want recs as much as advice on how to convince my SiL that I'm not trying to induct her daughter into satanism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=Let's go quintuplets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

little witch academia, also if your going to get kids into anime it has to be dubbed.

Yeah, I know. I got my Sakura DVDs from my dad's place so she could watch them dubbed.

Haven't seen LWA but I'll give it a shot, thanks.

>magic triggered your bro's waifu
>show the loli more magic
This doesn't seem like a good plan here.

Haven't seen it, really. Maybe it doesn't have that much spellcasting?

I don't even know which part of Sakura triggered her, she's that fucking nuts. I never thought the Jews could be this fucking hardcore about their stuff.

YOKAI WATCH!

>little witch academia
>witch
Nah, bro not much magic in there.

Oh and Pokemon is out, too. Her pastor told her that Pikachu was some kind of demon and she burnt the poor girl's trainers (gift from me).

K-On is literally "Light Music" and half the show is girls eating cake.

>Messianic Jews
>hating anime
every. single. time.
THE JEWS FEAR THE SAMURAI

>Messianic Jews
They're literally christians.

Honestly OP, I would probably just back away. It sounds to me like her parents aren't all there.

If you want to bond with her, I'd suggest finding something else.

I mean, my bro's fine. It's just her mom that's batshit. Last time one of her "sisters" from the church came by and they started praying and it was so fucking weird like they were laughing and crying.

I don't want the girl to grow fucked in the head, so I'm trying to get her out of her mom's cult. I've been successful so far, anime is just one more way I'm trying to deprogram her.

Something non-offensive and not filled with the mahou-using brood of Satan like Non Non Biyori might work.

Eating cake in the club for playing music. If someone was a radical muslim or puritan who thought music was a sin, ignoring that watching anime would be too for the moment, they're still enough music in it to piss them off.

Try something like Aoi Hana or Sasameki Koto.

As of now I've got NNB, Youkai Watch, some Miyazaki like "The Wind Rises" (Not Totoro because with my luck she'll say it's Satan or something), Amaama to Inazuma, and GuP, since my bro's into tanks.

I'll check out Aoi Hana, thanks.

Try Maria-sama ga Miteru. It's about girls in a religious school, so even though it's a different sect, it should be okay.

I'm adding it to the list, thanks.

>Youkai Watch

Is that a good idea? It's about spirits and shit.

>Aoi Hana
>Maria-sama ga Miteru
I don't think your holy roller relatives are going to be down with lesbianism either.

I mean as long as they're cute enough to say they're pets or something, right?

I have to try and rationalize it to her anyways, I don't think she knows enough about Japanese Youkai myths to distinguish them from something like Gravity Falls or Courage the Cowardly Dog (She lets her watch both of those).

The bible says nothing about lesbianism being a sin.

>Courage the Cowardly Dog
Damn really? Courage has some fucked up shit

Shit, is it really overt and in-your-face? She won't be watching it with us throughout, I only need the first 3-4 episodes to be crazy-Jew-friendly

Sure, but modern day protestant fundies are still against it.

Mostly random episodes, I don't think she's seen the King Tut episode. She used to watch it from what I gather, so she thinks it's okay.

>Have any of you guys ever tried to convince a crazy relative that anime is not, in fact, evil and demonic?

No, insanity doesnt run in the family and as dar I am aware we can separate what is clearly fiction from reality.

If you really want to show something try some comedy slice-of-life but fact is, it doesnt need to look much deep to find fantasy with EVIL MAGIC in anime, we should not try to walk in eggshells to appease insanity and this is a lost cause from the start.

Galaxy Angel.

Hidamari Sketch

She's a Messianic Jew, don't think they have the same rules. Any kind of gay is bad for her, tho.

The main characters of Aoi Hana are out lesbians and the entire premise of the series is about girl-girl romances. Maybe pick a different series if you don't want your relative forbidding you from seeing your niece again.

Okie dokie. I'll be watching it myself doe.

Tamako Market and Hanamaru Youchien should be safe enough, right?

Messianic Jews are basically Christian evangelicals who observe some Jewish cultural traditions. Actual Jews don't consider them Jewish.

Tamako is probably fine, but Hanamaru Youchien has lolicon overtones, and his niece isn't going to understand most of the referential humor.

I think the World Masterpiece Theatre shows would probably pass the crazy sister-in-law test

Fucking Gravity Falls is 93% occult symbolism and NWO subtext.
Is she also fucking stupid?

I knew it! There's no way actual oy-veys think those crazies are Jews. I mean, my Sister-in-Law isn't even Jewish by birth, she converted in her 30's after being an atheist for 15 years.

Doesn't make them any less crazy, though.

>Have any of you guys ever tried to convince a crazy relative that anime is not, in fact, evil and demonic?
Ganbare user-kun, anyways not Sup Forums related.

I've never seen Gravity Falls other than the gnome episode, so I wouldn't know. She thinks Pokemon are demons and that Pokemon Go is an app made by a Satanic cult, so she's probably stupid, yeah.

>niece I want to introduce to anime
You want her to be a lonely nerd? Or worse, a fujoshi?

Some empty SoL like K-On or Lucky Star, GJ-bu has a canadian kike too.
Or you can go with your niece to walmart and start sweating bullets when the dvd she pick is Prisma Illya.

>Cardcaptor "pedobait" "fujobait" "yuribait" Sakura
>Family friendly
Eh

Better than her being a crazy Jew.

show her haruhi and the endless 8 and see how hard she rages for a little trolling trick, yes i am serious, also show her cat space cuties its a good sol i finished years back, or even classical lucky star is a good one.

One of the characters is literally the eye on the pyramid in a goddamned tophat.

Lucky Star is actually one of the few we've been watching while her mom is there. I've been trying to convince her to let me dress her up like Konata for Halloween.

>I've been trying to convince her to let me dress her up like Konata for Halloween.

user..............

Ain't nothing bad with buying her a sailor uniform and a blue wig m8

Maybe Silver Spoon, it's about an agricultural school. Food and farming and ponies.

Time to burn down that pastor's house I reckon.

Not illegal to buy her a costume. Besides, I'm not into 8-year olds.

Don't even know where the guy lives, I'd burn down the church but I'm scared it might bring the wrath of the crazy Jews down on me.

show her chrono crusade op its very religious, its a sneak anime for people who are christian her parents might like you more.

I know Chrono Crusade. Showing her Sin Incarnate spawning demons all over the world is enough for her mother to want to shoot my ass, even if the anime is about killing them.

this is kind of hard op, sols might be the only good thing for her, i was going to say old shounen classics but her mom might get angry. Also please dont force her with you, just ask her if she wants to do things she might think your a creep, or her parents might think your a pedo.

There's Let's Go Quintuplets which is kid friendly, but there's only eleven 10 minute episodes in existence online, which is far from the whole series.

That said, it is pretty episodic.

>16-17 years old
>living with an old lady with 10+ cats (no joke)
>she took in the odd foster kids for a weekend or a week during summer
>took in a young girl, probably around 9 (hadn't hit puberty yet)
>always pestering me while I try to play Gamecube
>loosely grabbing at the controller as an excuse to reach into my crotch
>I move my hands so she'll stop
>she tries to sit on my lap
>I tell her no
>over the course of the weekend she kept trying to do stuff like laying her head into my lap or rubbing against me to no success
>one day I'm laying there chilling with some Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
>she sneaks up and jumps on me
>comes right up by my ear and says in her most seductive voice
>"you know.... I'm not a tattle tale"

Remember to like

The kid loves me, I hadn't seen her since she was 4 because my bro moved to Texas (I was in Maine) but since I came over she hasn't let me go.

That's one of the few reasons her mom even lets me hang out with her, she doesn't even let her play with kids outside her church, but my bro vouched for me.

I'm not a pedo, and my brother knows this. I very much like big knockers. I just like hanging out with her because the poor girl used to spend her days in bible study at the church. My bro even asked me to stay here because she has so much fun when she's with me.

nice reminds me of my little cousin who used to cling onto me when we were young, not sure if she still has a crush or loves me that much anymore.

wow....nice quintuples

Well, you know, it wasn't illegal if you weren't 18 yet...

Never ever tell anybody about anime or you watching anime ever. When will you fags learn this?

Gravity Falls is entirely about the occult and paranormal. Plus, sometimes that show can get pretty fucked up. Even more so with courage. Honestly, it sounds like she's just being irrational and won't let her watch it because she thinks all anime is evil. You might just have to sneak it by her since I doubt she'll ever give her approval.

How about stuff involving robots and shit?

Medabots? I liked that as a kid, and I don't remember too much magical stuff.

What about Symphogear, as well? I personally haven't watched it, but from what I understand, it takes the premise of a magical girl show, and replaces the magic with technology.

Her pastor might have something to do with that. I mean, she kinda freaked when she saw me playing Pokemon Red. Told me it was the devil's work and that Pikachu was some kinda demon. I managed to make her let my niece watch Lucky Star, so she's def not against anime as a whole.

Why not introduce her to something else though? Just about anything would be better than being a crazy Jew. It's a little more accepted nowadays, but anime is still a petty good hobby to get yourself ostracized through school.

I am pretty sure Youkai Watch has some slightly more mature episodes, like the one where they stay up late to watch giggling girls in bikinis and pissing your pants.

You are coming from a good place user, but I would just be careful you don't make things worse for her. Her crazy mom might find out, next thing you don't hear form her again for 10 years and find out she's been locked in the church basement as punishment

What age?
Pic related maybe for around 9+

I like how we have to enable these people's existences and not take them to a psych to gouge the crazy out of them. It baffles me that such dangerous behavior is not only endured but accepted.

Anime is one of the few hobbies I know enough about to share with her. I've introduced her to hobby modeling, too.

Her mom bars her from doing tons of stuff. Vidya? Banned for being satanic. Music? Anything other than gospel and Hebrew songs is satanic. Tabletop RPGs? Don't get me started on DnD, she's worse than a Chick Tract.

Anime I managed to slip by because I told her they're just like cartoons.

I'll give a watch beforehand and skip any mature eps, I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

As much as I disagree with her crazy Jew magic, freedom of religion kinda comes with the rest of our freedoms. I'd call CPS but I don't think "being a crazy Jew" counts as grounds for taking her away. Besides I don't want her to be separated from her parents at such a young age.

She's 8, but I'll check it out.

People are allowed to believe what they believe. You can judge them, but at the end of the day, not letting your kid watch Pokemon isn't grounds to consider them unfit as a parent.

>She's 8

Then I'll link you to this.
youtube.com/results?search_query=Let's go quintuplets

She's in about the right age group for that.

Thanks man.

You need to fuck off and kill yourself before you contaminate the rest of the human race. Was it not enough that you are an unloved piece of shit that you have to drag your relatives into this cesspit?

>Anything other than gospel and Hebrew songs is satanic

Oh that is so fucking bullshit. Even instrumental stuff?

This nigger knows what's up, WMT is pretty great. I don't remember if Heidi part of it but it's also a nice heartwarming anime.
Got something more modern, I think Princess Tutu and Kaleido Star are also good

I've tried playing some marches, some ambient western and some instrumental OPs. She literally looks physically uncomfortable right up to the end. When we go out to eat in my brother's car she takes a Hebrew CD along and doesn't let anyone touch the radio. She's fucking nuts.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

why did your brother have a child with this psycho?

Sounds a bit like my mum to be honest.
When I was younger she threw away some Yugioh cards I bought and told me Yugioh was demonic, and even now that I'm 21 she thinks the music I listen to is devil music solely because it's not some form of Christian music or country music.
Polite sage for blogshit.

She wasn't so crazy 9 years ago. She was an atheist, in fact.

They married in college, I don't think he really thought it through, and they kinda do like eachother.