A huge network of pro-brexit Twitter bots were active on Twitter and vanished just after the referendum

A huge network of pro-brexit Twitter bots were active on Twitter and vanished just after the referendum

journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0894439317734157

Thoughts? Who would be behind this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mercer_(businessman)
theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy
ca-political.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sane people

Good, I'm glad someone with actual resources is in our side

No, who is making the bots? Why did they vanish after Brexit?

>While acknowledging that there is no definitive way of telling which accounts are actual bots, they inferred that the top 10 accounts producing the highest volume of messages (north of 350 tweets) were likely automated.

This is always seen from both sides, funny how they turn a blind eye on "vote stay". Just like leftists turn a blind eye on hillary bots but not to trump bots.

No, while it seems there were a few 'leave' bots the huge majority was pro-brexit

>The researchers also found that bots were more than three times as likely to use hashtags “associated with the argument for leaving the EU”: 7.6 per cent of the 1.5m-tweet sample used these hashtags, whereas tweets using exclusively pro-Remain hashtags constituted only 2.2 per cent.

Shady moneyed interests of course. There are a few on the conservative side, but most follow the neolib/centrists. Were being used. At least brexit pissed off progressives.

You know I'm sure if you investigated the other sides bots you would see some connected to Israel or Canada. But of course if you're only focusing on Russia you'll find Russian influence

>Sane people
>No
Are you implying that Brexit was not sane? Sounds like globalist nonsense user.

I mean its clearly not the average brexit voter making huge networks of bots

>Its only okay when we bot if a right leaning person does it it's bad.

Come back to me when Twitter turns their api off.

why aren’t we doing this shit yet? people fake accounts for their internet careers, we could actually change things

>active before a referendum
>referendum passes
>bots vanish
This is a surprise...how?

It just further confirms that they are bots and probably controlled by the same people idiot

>Thoughts?
The authors are retards who don't understand the internet nor social media. It's not even bad, it's so utter shit they should be ashamed of publishing this absolute piece of crap.
>Who would be behind this?
Any individual with $500 cash can start a 300+ account twitter spam bot network to push anything they want. The software is readily available and gets constantly updated, a VPS is cheap and bulk proxies go for under 15cent/month. And if you need accounts you create them or just buy em. Double phone verified twitter accounts go for less then $0.50/account.

Oh man about the authors:
>X is a lecturer in media and communication
>He holds a PhD in communication science from the University of São Paulo
>Y is a senior lecturer in the Department of Sociology
>He holds a PhD in communication studies from the Department of Sociology
They should print those credentials at the start of the article that everyone knows "don't bother to read this"

Who cares?

>Any individual with $500 cash can start a 300+ account twitter spam bot
But this particular network was around 30,000

It would most likely be China or Russia. People who would want to weaken the EU.

makes no difference.
The running costs of 300 accounts are the same as 30.000. Same software, same VPS...
And now tell us are you Marco or Dan?

>The running costs of 300 accounts are the same as 30.000. Same software, same VPS...
No but you are talking about buying 300 for $500. Its clear that this isn't just some guy in his bedroom. Also these are only the accounts that deleted themselves at the same time, who knows the real number
>And now tell us are you Marco or Dan?
Dont even know what this means

The party who cried wolf's shilling operation was much larger 2bh

Probably Russia.

>pro-Brexit Twitter pages vanished after the referendum

Maybe because the fucking referendum was finished?

But no, it must be the Russians.
Ouch I stubbed my toe, call Washington, the KGB is trying to assassinate me.

It's always the jews.

We are under the New World Order anyway, and have been for a while. Countries are corporations. Corporations are globalists. All they care about is profit. Brexit is theatre. The way we are heading, they will be giving everyone bar code tattoos soon.

>Mercer is a brilliant computer scientist, a pioneer in early artificial intelligence, and the co-owner of one of the most successful hedge funds on the planet (with a gravity-defying 71.8% annual return). And, he is also, I discovered, good friends with Nigel Farage. Andy Wigmore, Leave.EU’s communications director, told me that it was Mercer who had directed his company, Cambridge Analytica, to “help” the Leave campaign.

>It’s money he’s made as a result of his career as a brilliant but reclusive computer scientist. He started his career at IBM, where he made what the Association for Computational Linguistics called “revolutionary” breakthroughs in language processing – a science that went on to be key in developing today’s AI – and later became joint CEO of Renaissance Technologies, a hedge fund that makes its money by using algorithms to model and trade on the financial markets.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mercer_(businessman)

theguardian.com/technology/2017/may/07/the-great-british-brexit-robbery-hijacked-democracy

hmmmmm

This happens on both sides of every political subject, and the media only pushes one side of the story.

It's not surprising, they're just framing it to make it sound a certain way.

>the firm was able to advise Leave.EU through its ability to harvest data from people's Facebook profiles in order to target them with individualized persuasive messages to vote for Brexit. However, Leave.EU did not inform the UK electoral commission of the donation.

hmmm

>A little-known data firm that claimed to have played a key role in last year's U.S. presidential election is being targeted in an inquiry about the misuse of personal data during last year's Brexit referendum.

>The UK's privacy watchdog, the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) has confirmed the opening of an inquiry into Cambridge Analytica, a tech company mainly owned by a Trump-linked hedge-fund billionaire, Robert Mercer.

Looks like he is the guy

Interesting stuff

ca-political.com/

Europe needs a penal colony.
>see "Brexit"

No one else seems to care but this shit is crazy