youtube.com/watch?v=2U9pxDoOqh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They did like, a 6.5/10 job

Rinko would have made a better Major, plus it wouldn't be white washed

Just wait until you see the black guy

Thats a big gal

I think it belongs on Sup Forums

what are you doing here lad

What exactly is the problem with discussing an adaptation of an anime on the anime board?

Could've been worse.

I want to find an anime to watch

Ufotable saved anime, and ruined anything else.

get that 3dpd potato head lookin ho out of here

Nobody wanted this.

It's also too bad she isn't hyper sexualized. It's part of her character.

I'm mad that he isn't Batou.

Not-toko Kusonagi

The problem isn't the topic, the problem is that this thread will turn into Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums garbage in about 10 posts.
Actually, the topic is a problem too, fuck off with these shitty Hollywood adoptions newfags.

as if that only happens on one board

>Actually, the topic is a problem too

Again, exactly why?

>Newfags

Pretty sure adaptation threads have happened on Sup Forums in the past

She looks better than any asian that they could hire but still shit because she isn't asian. The girl that did Pacific Crack would be better but she is uglier.

>exactly why
because it's about something terrible that makes people mad and isn't interesting

Not even released.

As far as I'm concerned, they didn't even need to cast an asian.

They just needed to cast an attractive actress.

And they failed.

Not a good counter-argument.
There's no way this movie can be good when the two main characters look like complete clowns.
Except maybe if it's a comedy I guess but we know it won't be a comedy.

Rinko Kikuchi or Antje Traue should have been The Major.

I'd settle for anyone who doesn't have ten inches between her nose and her mouth at this point.

The movie will be a failure, because she won't be naked in cyberspace for 20 minutes. Nor will their be any discussion of Buddhist philosophy.

>Not wanting to bury your face in every possible crevice of Scarlet's body
Ok, user.

Oh, ok. By your logic being prejudiced is a reasonable point of view. Go get fucking fucked by a faggot jesus (eh).

Only reason shes major is her star power. Theres tons of girls out there that can pull off tge look better. Also shiro himself says that he doesn't see the major as strictly japanese.

Any non-analytical knowledge (which is to say any empirical knowledge) boils down to what you call "prejudice".
It's a fair assumption to say that characters who look ridiculous will most likely prevent you from enjoying a serious movie.
In fact, claiming otherwise is the least reasonable stance.

You must be new here

boy I hope it'll be

>when a problem is very widespread it stops being a problem
what's this backwards-ass reasoning?

>the look
what even is Motoko's look? There's like half a dozen Motokos.
I think Scarjor comes pretty close to Arise Major.
Which is to say the ugly Major.

Man I can't wait to not see this movie.

God am I going to have to see her gross body again?

I'm still curious why they went this direction.

Oh well, I'm going to watch it because I'm a GitS and they somehow managed to land Takeshi Kitano.

I'll still keep my expectations low as has been done for most GitS related stuff post 2nd gig

No, you won't have to.
All you gotta do to avoid her fat folds is to stay away from theaters and then to avoid downloading/streaming it.

Sounds doable?

Please pirate it. Don't pay for it. Otherwise you're not a GitS fan.

More believable major in my minds eye. Its all pretty relative i guess.

what a slut

Even with the painted on hair.

the hair is slightly too anime-ish to be believable (it hangs in solid clumps instead of being realistically fluffy and thick) but yeah it looks good.

speaking of hair I saw a fuccboi on /fa/ last month who had the perfect hair texture for Motoko (manga and SAC versions) somehow.

So yeah it's doable in real life. Instead they went for that ratty chink wig.

>decent portrayal
Boma
Batou
Aramaki
>I guess it could work
Togusa
Ishikawa
>fuck off
Major
Ishikawa

Chin Han is pretty fucking old though to play Togusa

Your argument is entirely subjective, user. It is a fair assumption. For you.
Don't try to state your opinions as facts when, as you said it yourself, there can't be an analytical stance over the movie, yet.

Don't get me wrong. If it ends up being shit, I'll contribute with my own shit but at least wait for a trailer (if you're retarded enough to be spoiled by 2010's trailers [please read]).

I wish Sup Forums had emojis enabled so I could fill the whole text field with poop emojis.

/thread
Mods, do your jobs.

Boma should replace that second Ishikawa

You're really new. He's commenting on Sup Forums.

There's such a thing as common sense you know.

To argue against appearances is to argue against common sense, it's only "reasonable" insofar as you could conceivably make up (bullshit) arguments to back up your point of view.

I don't like it for an arbitrary reason =/= off topic

You'd never have survived this board back in 2008

So am I.
His argument is that since every thread is shit, shit threads are not a problem.

Casting of a live-action movie IS off-topic to Sup Forums by any means.

Bullshit?
There's a reason why "don't judge a book by it's cover" has been around for millenia.
It is also common sense.

Rinko could look and act the part, but her English sucks ass

That's not my "argument" at all you dense retard

No it's not. It's an adaptation of an anime. They've been discussed here before.

Is that the Chinese commissioner dad guy in Rush Hour?

Everyone knows that it'll suck.

But people will still go see it (they will actually pay for it) just to satiate their curiosity.

Then it'll make back its money very quick, and in two years we'll have to pony up for Ghost in the Shell Evolution 2: Scarjo boogaloo.

Just because some people have too much time and money (and masochistic impulses) on their hands.

Sup Forums.org/rules#a

Rule 4: The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.

>There's a reason why "don't judge a book by it's cover" has been around for millenia.
because some book publishers suck at picking good cover artworks?
Even then, book covers are designed specifically to let you judge the book based on them.
In fact, there are many many more shitty books with good covers than there are good books with shitty covers.

So that saying is bullshit, you SHOULD judge a book by its cover unless you've already read it.

cone itchy wah Scarlet san

But the casting isn't, because no one cares for the looks and race, except for Sup Forums.

Waifu

Hey fuck off, looks and race are two different issues.

Nobody in their right mind would disregard the looks of the actors they picked, regardless of race.

You're grasping at straws. Fuck off already. Nobody's circlejerking about race in a shitt Sup Forums or Sup Forums way. Quit whining.

could be worse

I think they will look better in the actual movie. I don't care though, I'm not going to see this barrel-scraping shit by a director for hire.

"don't judge a book by its cover" is meant to entice people not to dismiss things before exploring them. The implication is that things are often a lot better than they seem at first sight.

Which is bullshit, since most things are worse than they seem at first sight.

Has anyone checked tumblr yet? How are they triggering?

Yeah, I guess they could have cut off her nose.

>tumblr
Fuck off, Satan

It will be better than Innocence at least.

yes, you will, like literally everyone on Sup Forums.

Idk what y'all are talking about. Scarlet is perfect for this role.
youtube.com/watch?v=2U9pxDoOqh0

They don't give a shit.

They got the most weeb actress, so it should be fine, not great, but better than Hollywoods shit like Dragonball and Last Airbender.

not giving you any views, I don't want your shit to show up later in my recs.

Is this real?

No. I will not. I don't watch hollywood remakes in 2016, because they're all garbage. Especially when the director is known for nothing but garbage.
>everyone on Sup Forums has a fanatic devotion to a 20 year old movie
No, get out.

I know I won't.

>that Togusa
Is that the real casted Togusa?
I always thought he was the least asian in the anime, yet they cast the most asian looking dude of the bunch. Also he has like perfect skin in the show, and in this he looks like a sleepless alcoholic with the eye bags and messy swept down hair
Everyone else looks like they could work imo

>I've seen some shit

I can't actually believe people believe her as an action star in the Marvel movies.
She does such an awful job in them.

at least it's obvious that he isn't a cyborg I guess?

Although that's not very believable in Scarjo's case either: even with tons of makeup she won't look nearly pretty enough to be a believable full-body cyborg.

Don't get me wrong I love him as well but time stops for no man he's getting too old for Batou.

Yes you will, fedoras.
>I want watch this movie even if the whole board will talk about it, even if there is a BD rip out, instead i will feel superior, because i don't watch normie trash like normal mc normalfag
Stop kidding yourself.

what's the video about?

They better have at least tried, that Danish guy looks nothing like Batou

My only problem with togusa is that hes supposes to be the "young family guy of the group" this guy looks middle aged.

he looks so young in this pic
rip :(

>heeey mikoo, this is scarlette
WOW

Scarlett Johanson is perfect as the major. Here's why; The first female robot to be built in Hong Kong is a literal Scarjo-bot. If some male police officer in Hong Kong suddenly decided he wanted a full artificial replacement body, chances are, he's not going to make himself look like an asian woman, he's going to make himself look like someone like Scarlet Johanson.

With that said, I mean, they're probably going to fuck it up, but the casting isn't off, and Avengers at least demonstrates that with the right direction and stunt doubles she can do a passable job as an action heroine.

Whining about Scarjo being a whitewash misses the point that Kusanagi is a man who chose to adopt the physical appearance of an attractive woman. There's no reason he had to pick the appearance of a woman who is the same race as he is.

>he's not going to make himself look like an asian woman, he's going to make himself look like someone like Scarlet Johanson.
that's an awfully large leap in logic user

It's not a leap of logic when, as mentioned, the first robot to be constructed with a female appearance in Hong Kong, where GITS is set, was deliberately made to look like Scarjo. I'm not saying the Major would inevitably have the exact appearance of Scarjo, I'm saying that given the real-world precedent, in terms of appearance it's perfectly reasonable to do so.

We could have a long discussion about Asians apparently preferring caucasian features and how that is reflected in contemporary media (not the least of which, anime) but I'm just going to focus on what actually happened when an actual person in Hong Kong decided to build himself a gynoid.

He should have gone with Eight Legged Freaks Scarjo though

Right, but one company making a scarjo robot is a pretty far cry from a hk police officer getting a cyborg scarjo body

no fucking 3DPD is good enough for playing the Major.