Higurashi

Does this show ever move beyond the "everyone dies, story reboots" thing. It's good but that element is getting tiring for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/07th-mod/onikakushi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're supposed to be trying to figure out why it's happening and what the truth behind the various arcs are. Read the VN.

This but if you're still watching the anime, everything is revealed Season 2.

so how are you supposed to figure out the blood parasites

I was really hoping that the maggots and dopplegangers were real.
It could give a cool explanation, if ti was something like the alien maggots reconstructing the people of hinamizawa after each disaster and then causing a new one to observe or just to survive

I and many other anons had the misfortune of watching this before the VNs were translated.

There's no reason to watch this nowadays. Also Umineko is better.

The ending is at the end of season 2. The ending is a bit lackluster though, the most enjoyable part of this show is the journey.

>read the vn

Don't do this, it's pointless. The anime does everything better and it doesn't take you 50 hours.

>The anime does everything better

Yeah that QUALITY sure makes it better, not to mention the omission of significant details in the stories mystery and characterization.

Admittedly Kai does a better job, but only marginally.

>Does this show ever move beyond the "everyone dies, story reboots" thing.
It does. Read the VN. The fact that you know one of the major twist doesn't help but read it anyways.

is there anywhere last updated one from steam?
i couldnt manage to find any and i need it for patches

github.com/07th-mod/onikakushi

There's an update for ep 2 but there hasn't been any update, at least as far as I know, on ep 3 for the voice patch update.

i don't think that it will take big time
"approx" 6 months is okay by me, another ep might be released by then

A little bit into reading Himatsubushi, that's the 4th story with detective from Tokyo. I'm not really interested in this character and finding it kind of boring, is it worth sticking to it or should I move on to Kai?

Second question is if there's a voice patch for Kai? Remember reading about something like it quite a while ago, can't really find anything on google about it and can't remember whether it exists at all or not.

No, read it, it's important.

It's pretty short compared to the other episodes and it gets more interesting near the end. If you really dislike it, then just read a plot summary since there's some minor plot points in Kai that won't make sense unless you read it.

Not sure about the voice patch. I wasn't able to find one when I played a few months back.

Also the 4th story is short.
Regardless, he's an important character, so read it.
>lol this is boring, can I skip it?

Read the VN

Will do, he will probably grow on me. I just started right after reading the 3rd story and was still emotionally invested in Satoko, which probably colored my judgment quite a bit.

It states in the description that I can skip it with no problem, I just wanted to hear whether it was a good idea or not.

Just read it.
It was written as a bonus chapter but becomes an important part of the story. You'll get endlessly confused if you decide to skip

>reading the summary
>skipping cute 4 year old Rika

I remember the theory crafting on Sup Forums when higurashi season 1 came out. It was really the highlight of the show for me. With every single arc the show got more enjoyable not only because of all the guess work and detective work everyone on Sup Forums put in, but there were some genuinely great horrific scenes that contrasted the Moe moe and nipaaaas.

It was a real pleasure watching the weekly series when it was still fresh.

Umineko has a deeper story and a more coherent mystery
But I still prefer Higurashi because of it's characters and pacing

Kai does a good job altogether, the only thing they fucked up big time is the ending arc.
That fucking goofy atmosphere killed it.

>horror anime