Why is he so much better than your typical shonen villain?

Why is he so much better than your typical shonen villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=826ileB9bCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>villain

He's basically Orochimaru done right.

Because he is intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

it's the music

youtube.com/watch?v=826ileB9bCc

That's actually a decent way of putting it.

Because shonen as a genre is garbage

It's all the same shit

Orochimaru was Hisoka done wrong.

pika is a miracle of the universe

Fuck off idiot.

Orochimaru had a good start and was the only well-written character in that manga, but it was ruined when he decided to become a protagonist for little reason.

>and with a wicked sense of humor.

When has Hisoka said or did anything funny the entire manga, aside from provoking Illumi.

>2011

Reminder that Hisoka implied that he wanted to rape Killua's anus in front of Illumi.

しらんぷり

>not anti-hero
>not anti-villain

grow the fuck up

> for little reason
> naruto and sasuke are now literraly gods
Even though the end of naruto was total bullshit, orochimaru did have a reason
Not being brutally killed by two much stronger guys

Most of JoJo is shonen you know

Orochimaru is way better character desu.

Hisoka is overrated

Charisma, mostly. And the fact that Togashi has restraint with his characterization and doesn't force a backstory on all of them, Hisoka would lose all mystery if he had a sob story or justification for how he is.

You're an idiot.

He reflects the series as a whole the same way Joker reflects batman

few things

He's just plain fun and isn't overly edgy.

He doesn't have some stupid tragic backstory added to him.

When he was introduced he looked like he was going to be just be an edgy psychopath, then he rescued Gon from the black guy and we thought hey maybe this guy isn't so bad. He subverts our expectations though and shows he didn't just rescue Gon cause he's a nice guy but because he plans to see him "grow and wants him to reach his potential" but his intentions aren't good and if that fight ever comes he'd no doubt try to kill Gon in a sadistic way. So for me anyway, I started off thinking he was some edgy psycho only, to possibly being an honorable bad guy villain, to kind of going back and forth but you can never really pin him down.

His unique and sort of adversial relationship to Gon while almost being a sort of mentor is cool and almost reminds me of Askeladd and Thorfinn's in VS, so that dynamic is always refereshing.

Most importantly, Togashi is good at moving him forward as a plot device. When we were first introduced to him he showed us that there were a lot more powerful characters than our protagonists in Hunter Exams and HA, and gave a sort of ominous feeling to the hunter exams. In Yorknew when he was present he did his own thing and didn't just team up with Gon and company because, same for in GI. He's his own character basically and doesn't just team up with the protagonists for no reason, which is something the two dreadful movies failed to realize. He was just exposition there and his alliance with the protagonists felt contrived, he didn't even feel like hisoka there.

He's not a villain. There isn't a set villain in Hunter X Hunter. And, Naoko designed him for her hubby. Sweet woman.

Isn't he literally an edgy Goku?
>lol gotta fight this guy so stronk

>better than your typical shonen villain....

Orochimaru is more relevant to his series and was a better villain actually. Hisoka is just a side character who likes to do whatever the fuck he wants. He's not really a villain if you ask me.

The series isn't over yet, there are a number of ways for him to still get involved. If he doesn't die on the boat he may at least get interaction with Pika.

HISOKA GETS OFF ON KILLING SPIDERS AND PISSING OFF DANCHOU

Literally anime joker

What were the properties again?

reddit and Sup Forums

I dropped Naruto after Sasuke ran away.

What was Orochimaru's deal?

His parents died and he was an asshole.

>
So he is an Unfriendly Rival?

Togashi is fucking god tier at villains. It's what balances out how shitty and copycat he is at most everything else.

Sensui > Hisoka

He got away with everything.

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
Literally why, half the show I was thinking it was only a matter of time, before "the secret gender" identity was revealed, but they fucking wouldn't. It was so obvious, yet they wouldn't do it.

Sorry, OP. Losers can't be good villains.

He isn't ? Boring, one dimensional and irrelevant.

>It was so obvious, yet they wouldn't do it.
No, you're just a moron.

Kill yourself.

no the best shonen villain is kamui

Who?

Killua is NOT a villian, dweeb.

>those backgrounds
Is Togashi Kubo?

How long does it take to prepare for volume release?
I guess the last volume was fast because there was just one chapter missing, but I want to see if Togashi fixed up the Chrollo/Hisoka fight up a bit.

/lit/ pls go

Besides his psychopathic tendencies he comes off as a very likeable character. He also brings unparalleled amounts of hype, I can't wait for him to go all friday the 13th on the spiders.

I think you replied to the wrong post
That or you're just an idiot

Killua is too cute to be a villain.

He's not a villain, he's a love interest for the MC.