Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

not enough fanservice

hippie garbage

Terrible character design

basically not even an anime anymore

But I found her hot.

reused tunnel animation towards the end.

>anime
>good
:^)

Literally old and dated. Shinkai is new hotness. Out with muddy looking Ghibli movies. New crispy animation in town.

no remastered 4k version available

I wanna fuck Haku

Tbh it's true.

The difference in the level of aesthetics between a shinkai movie and a Ghibli movie is like night and day.

lol

>muh photographed backgrounds

Kill yourself.

Screw all these people.
I loved it. It made me cry at the end.

Looks good regardless mate

We don't get to see Chihiro's pantsu. What happened to Miyazaki, he used to be cool.

It's about the end product. Ghibli is a relic. Seriously look how crisp shinkai movies are.

The difference is so in your face that I can't help but think people who say otherwise are just baiting

I think this movie is overrated. Most Disney movies, and even some Don Bluth movies are better than this movie. I enjoyed watching it, and I understand that it's kind of deep so that Japanese adults also could enjoy it (I didn't catch half the references in the movie), but why the Western society should love it so much is beyond me.

Laputa is better imho.

I never liked the assortment of Pocahontas-esque animal/magic sidekicks. The little bird, the baby that followed for a while, there was one other one I think. I dunno, felt like it was targeted towards an audience that the film otherwise didn't have in mind. This is literally the only thing I have never enjoyed about the film.

Laputa is still better tho

Thing is it was a family film and tried to target everybody. It should be a movie that could be watched by kids, their parents, their grandparents and their uncle and aunt at the same time. They did it buy by referencing cultural things and things happening in the time, targeting kids like you write about etc. Apparently it did this very well i Japan. But all those references are lost if you live outside Japan, so how mainstream adults can enjoy it outside of Japan is beyond me. It doesn't make sense.

I actually watched it in HS film class. It invites you to learn about Japanese culture in order to better make sense of the puzzle.

Also, by "very well", it outsold fucking Titanic.

The boy lost his dragon form at the end. I wanted hot dragon on girl action.

>Laputa

The english dub was much worse than the original.

It's not too bad if you grew up with it. I would prefer the original Jap audio if they added in the revised ost since the ost was the best part of Laputa.

Haku's lightweight character development was not enough to carry his considerable narrative weight; he should have been either developed more or depicted as less of a human presence.

Pretty small complaint in the grand scheme of things, it's still a masterpiece.

Not really a thing. Tales of princess kaguya remains the most aesthetically pleasing anime of all time.