BLAME! THREAD

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-08-26/knights-of-sidonia-mangaka-tsutomu-nihei/.105800

Better start shoveling coal into the boiler of this hype train.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-24/blame-anime-film-to-be-netflix-original/.104629
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(NOTE: At his SDCC spotlight panel, Nihei revealed sketches that showed the difference between a character as originally drawn in the Blame! manga that was changed significantly in the anime version.)

>I would love to watch this anime as virtual reality!

Nihei and Seshita: Ahh, yes. That would be great.

-------

Crossing fingers on that.

Sketches here: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-24/blame-anime-film-to-be-netflix-original/.104629

Full character shot from the movie page.

>cibo's feet
Why is blame so great in it's designs bros?
I can't wait to experience safeguards, ge-gun and the soundscape.

Better kill yourself faggot.

I'm really annoyed that Nehei rushed the shit out of Knights of Sidonia. Feels like he literally just gave up on it after building up so much. I was expecting something mind-blowing like what we got with Blame! and Biomega. He just pulled a Kubo instead...

I'm scared.

>sidonia style animation

works well enough for mecha action scenes when combined with resourceful and economic directing, but can't do action scenes with humanoid creatures justice.

the movement is simply too inorganic.

When was this edit made?

It better have been BEFORE we knew what the ending was going to be like.

I'm guessing this is somewhere in the middle of their journey.

Good news! Most of the things in Blame! are inorganic.

It was before, I remember.
Fuck this shit Nihei.

"Blame!"? More like LAME!

Izana is the most cucked female character in manga history. She literally gives up the chance to become a man because her body and mind wanted Nagate and instead of choosing her, he falls in love with an oversized dragon dildo.

quips aren't going to make sidonia style cg movement any less stilted and closer to being acceptable for non-mech action scenes

besides despite being called silicon life, silicon creatures probably only use silicon in their genetic material and cyborg elements. It wouldn't make sense for every molecule in their body to have silicon. the chemistry of silicon is simply too limited. they'll still be carbon based for their non-robot parts.

>CG shit
Can't say I'm not slightly disappointed, but I guess you'd have to have some kind of crazy budget to do Blame! justice with hand drawn stuff.

>cyberpunk ballet boots
Rakuen Tsuihou, eat your fucking heart out. If the preview we got in Sidonia s2 is anything to go by this is going to be amazing.

What the fuck was Kily again?

Remember him being something human but ravaged by nanomachines to the point where he can't remember anything else but his main directive.

No Sanakan pics yet?

Does it mean we finally get the merch?

Pretty sure killy wasn't human.
Ok reasonably sure.

He was a pre-safeguard prototype or something along those lines.

Considering how much he hates synthetics, he was probably just a genetically modified human

Looks like Killy's scanning the girl. Anyone know what it says in the corner? "No net terminal genes detected" or something?

Considering there is a scene in the manga exactly like this one, I would say yes, that is what it says, probably,

It's only a theory, but NOiSE somewhat implied that Killy was a human child that was abducted by the Order (precursors to the silicon life) and turned into a cyborg by their experiments with Safeguard tech.

You gotta admit, that kid's angry glare on the poster looks all too similar to Killy's.

I too would like a silicone loli.

>silicone
That's heresy, user.

A wave of Safegaurd could only be animated with CG.

Not after Blame 2. Even Killy wouldn't disagree.

He's a cyborg that's a high level agent of some pre-safeguard system. He's also eons old so his memory has decayed to the point where he doesn't remember what he is only that he needs to find Net Terminal Genes.

Even blame is not safe from moeshit now, fuck this decade.

You must be mistaken.

SiliCON is a metalloid that was invaluable to the mass production of semiconductor electronics and many other important materials, and, despite the best efforts of certain thieving cultists to besmirch its good name, deserves respect for its role in humanity's rise to power.

SiliCONE is a name for plastics used in breast implants, sex toys, and lubrication.

For your own sake, I hope you were mistaken.

I only read Blame! a few years ago, the whole thing over two nights, it was fun watching him get better and better at drawing characters page by page all at once. Can't imagine how blue long time fan's balls would be waiting for an adaption like this after reading the original run.

how come this 3D looks so good and Berserk 3D looks so terrible?

Bias?

Are you fucking kidding?

Y-Yes?

Because the guy who made it only made teekyuu before?

You can't tell me that you think a studio known for 3D and a studio known for literally only Teekyu made 3D models of identical quality

I was kidding user, I know absolutely nothing about this topic. Don't get so triggered.

>Sidonia visuals

Fucking why

>you will never wander the megastructure in the year XXXX with a cute transforming goo-cyborg

Not gonna lie it hurts

What do you guys think is Nihei's best work? Blame thus far is pretty interesting, you can easily tell it's his first manga and watching it transform over time is kinda cool.

But are things like Biomega and Abara worth checking into?

I've read all his work so far. Hisbest is his first half of Knights of Sidonia. The one that has the best second half is, in my opinion, Biomega. Blame! is consistently good and I could see why some would consider that his best but Knights and Biomega have higher highs than Blame!. However, Knights of Sidonia, particularity, towards the end, has his lowest low. With Knights, you can actually tell he stopped giving a shit, you don't get that with his other works.

>Nihei, along with Hiroyuki Seshita from POLYGON PICTURES, and director of the Knights of Sidonia anime came to San Diego to promote the new over-sized Master Edition of BLAME! published by Vertical Comics, debut the new teaser trailer of the BLAME! anime series, and show off a limited edition G.I. Joe / Cobra figure from 1000 Toys designed by Nihei at the BAIT Store in the nearby Gaslamp District in downtown San Diego.
>debut the new teaser trailer of the BLAME! anime series
So "debut" usually means it's something new, right? Is this new trailer available anywhere? Is it on the Japanese site? I can't find a link to it any more.

Ohhh so that's Zuru. She looks different. On the plus side, that means Sanakan will fuck everyone's shit up and we'll probably a truncated version of the Toha arc.

Not as much as having to kill robots that are the spitting image of her for thousands of years straight.

Killy had a hard life

>are things like Biomega and Abara worth checking into?
Absolutely. Their stories make less sense but they still have great art, monsters, and action scenes.

Biomega's first half is my favorite work of Nihei's. The second half was OK but the plot got needlessly confusing and the setting went full science-fantasy instead of the semi-realistic tone it started with.

Biomega's ending also felt pretty rushed too. I remember it concluding a dozen different plot threads in like 3 chapters.

>semi-realistic tone it started with
bear_on_motorcycle_silhouette_against_full_moon.jpg

> and a studio known for literally only Teekyu

Stop blaming them for the 3D, they don't do the 3D.

>Biomega's ending also felt pretty rushed too. I remember it concluding a dozen different plot threads in like 3 chapters.

At least the artwork was still good. By the end of Knights, it looked like Nehei was just giving us his rough sketches

He had a fucking gun in his elbow, and rocket boots. Biomega started strong

>I remember it concluding a dozen different plot threads in like 3 chapters

That's easy when there's a millennia-long timeskip to somewhere millions of lightyears from where you started.

Oh yeah, it feels strange to say but Biomega also had some good emotional scenes. Nihei's protagonists don't usually express much beyond anger, but the protagonists' quest for vengeance was well-established here.

By the way, if you plan to read it, try to find the pilot chapter. It's the one where Gou and Taira separate after stealing a macguffin.

First off: nice quads. Second: that bear was awesome. Third: most of Nihei's characters are over the top. I appreciated that other parts of the setting like the corporations and human characters were more grounded in reality.

Of course they're worth getting into. Abara is the peak of his art style imo and is a solid short action manga. Biomega is a wild ride in which his art is the grittiest and changes a lot throughout the series.

Nihei has given up gritty dark for moe. Good choice.

Looks good.

fuark yisss

lets just hope that they step up their fps game

This is my fetish

did Japan run out of black ink at some point during Sidonia's publishing?

>3D
wtf i hate blame! now