Will humanity achieve enlightenment in our lifetime?

Will humanity achieve enlightenment in our lifetime?

Personally I think it is within our grasp. We're just struggling to solve some hard shit right now, but I think we're getting closer and closer.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
youtu.be/dIEemKcy-4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No. The average person is retarded.

Yeah but we live in an unprecedented age of communication. We view ourselves at such a different level than our ancestors ever could. Global retardation is rapidly falling as well.
check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

and yet the rate at which desire is created in the minds of the goyim is unmatched throughout history. how can the average man escape when he wants more than ever?

No simply because enlightenment is too vast a concept. Many enlightenments, not just one. Your enlightenment leads me to different conclusion then my enlightenment.

Even if we did though, its no big deal. Before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water.

I'm sure we will still have our conflicts even after such a hypothetical event occurs. However if we realize the responsibility we have to eachother, we might trust eachother a little more.
>
We have to find a way to make enlightenment cool for normies I guess. Like a spiritual MTV.

The majority of us already do. Enlightenment is a natural state of mind not something to be achieved but something to be made aware of.
All this is just a curtain blocking the sun, doesn't mean the sun isn't still shining.

Anyway based on society today, no. Aslong as people still going crazy over a few iphone every year we don't have much hope. That being said, I imagine some cultures and nations are closer than others.

What's enlightenment anyways?

Unbiased awareness of reality.

>enlightenment
come on pajeet

It will always be biased though, based on our backgrounds. For me it's the point where most of us have decided to drop our masks and embrace our similarities and differences.

its the recognition that you are an unknowable observer, an unmoveable point that recieves the stimuli of life. you never really lived your life, life was lived for you. your desires and emotions were never yours . you just witnessed them. the observer will live on after death. you identity will die tho

That's more a symptom of enlightenment rather than enlightenment itself.

Its unbiased because you have no ego and therefore have no background or experiences to bias observation.

You simply observe reality as it is without any bias. Just see things for what they are without any judgement. Pure awareness.

So realizing that I'm an eternal observer in a completely deterministic universe is enlightenment?

youtu.be/dIEemKcy-4E

This 8 hour presentation is worth more than 4 years at community college as far as learning the true nature of ourselves goes

All is one
>lawofone.info

There's always free will. That's the nondeterministic part and that's what makes things interesting. You can literally create something that was not there before, purely by the power of your will. Ofcourse this is costs effort ie moving our limbs, but the movement of those limbs is your doing.
Well let's call that aspect "social enlightenment" ie. the realization that no one is actually certain what he's doing so we might as well not play games with eachother and pretend we're something else. Enlightenment about the true nature of reality is on a different level maybe, but that might not really be possible with our limited minds..

If you assume that free will exists, you'll have to properly define life and at what point it exactly emerged from non-living matter through abiogenesis. I'm not sure if we can properly detach life from the deterministic nature that it sprung out of, but if we subscribe to the panpsychist notion that the universe was always conscious, then maybe we can get rid of this dichotomy, but I digress.

If you think our minds are 'limited', then we're playing a rigged game, and there is no hope. I don't think that's the case. I think we can truly understand the nature of reality. But if the universe is infinitely complex, then it will take an infinite amount of time.

We really don't know.

We only know that the veil is slowly being lifted and we are awakening. Mother Earth is helping us too.

(((they))) are losing the control.

(((they))) know they cannot stop it.

Maybe (((they))) will play the final card but I hope God will help us before it's too late.

Anyways, it's a great time to be alive. We will witness the great happening of our existence as humanity.

I do believe the universe itself is "conscious" (in a way we cannot understand), or at least consciousness and free will are a consequence of the cosmic mechanisms.

The will to give up something now to have a chance of getting something greater back in return is a sign of free will to me. Also people giving up their comfy lives in persuit of a meaningful one also strong indicator of free will. At least to me.

At the very least the consequence of what we might perceive as free will is a bunch of random variables in the "cosmic algorithm" (which would be deterministic in your case).

Oh fuck off with (((them))). This is not a thread for that. DESU most of the stuff the global elites are doing is out of sheer incometence and misunderstanding of people rather than malevolence. "(((They)))" were never in control in the first place. When you realize this you can start to use your potent for the betterment of yourself and your community. You have all the power.

I can agree with the great happenings though, so lets hope for the best. Or better yet lets do our best.

>We're

If you want honesty there hasn't been an "us" for a long time. We're more divided than we've ever been. When we're done sticking our heads up our asses is when we'll make true progress.

Some already have. They willingly come back to try and help others achieve it. Unfortunately, until humanity comes to grips with quantum mechanics, faith, belief, the empty space within atoms, and how it is all related, all of humanity won't. They are not capable. They may not ever be capable. But this is the result of them choosing to not be capable to. No one is ultimately holding them back from it but themselves.

>consciousness and free will are a consequence of the cosmic mechanisms
If the phenomenon that creates consciousness will forever be mysterious, then I don't think we will ever understand the nature of reality. And if we do understand that phenomenon, then wouldn't it be just an extension of the cosmic mechanism and yet again fall into the deterministic trap? However, if we take consciousness as an indescribable(like spiritual or whatever) and fundamental property of nature, then we can probably stop looking for explanations I guess.

>The will to give up something now to have a chance of getting something greater back in return is a sign of free will to me.
The struggle to construct heaven is pretty deterministic to me. Look at all the religions. They all intuitively converge to some notion of heaven to describe life's ultimate destination. It's like the archetype of heaven is etched into all our minds. The problem is that this struggle seems eternal, which is pretty scary.

Not even close.
Back then someone realized he could pick up a rock and smash a skull. Since then, humans have only found new ways to smash skulls. Rocks, sticks, pointy rocks, pointy sticks, pointy steel, pointy steel combined with black powder, fission. Bashing skulls for 200 000 years. I'm surprised humans haven't destroyed themselves yet.

You are implying consumerism to be the only problem within our society
>fedora time
There is no helping for how dumb the average person is. Our perception of stupidity has been progressively shallower by the time , because of the manipulation most propaganda instutions hold over the common person. Just look at PC. No one seems to be able to think critically anymore. Humans have , both socially and intelectually , begun their downfall.

Maybe it works in extremes ie. the "freethinkers" are more free than ever with the knowledge of mankind literally in the palm of our hands. The rest, however, will indeed be manipulated by propaganda and cheap entertainment. In the end its our own choice as people I think.

I'm going to sleep now, good night everybody.

this kind of questions made humans working on an AI. but is it worth the risk?

The average man doesn't have to do shit. Lucky we have smart people to figure shit out for us then. 0.1% of the world's popular is 7.5 million people. Plenty enough to solve everything. So keep on shitposting and just let the 0.1% smartest make our lives comfy.

You haven't defined enlightenment.

It is impossible to see reality for what it is because reality does not exist.As many realities in the universe as there are creatures capable of perceiving them.
And even if we somehow, all humans, agreed on what enlightenment is and we all achieved it, at the end of the day we will have to realise that we are limited by our senses of touch smell taste hearing and vision. For there is so much more to life that a human doesnt sense. So much so that what we can possibly perceive is not even 10% of what is out there.