Would you watch an anime about cute senators having cute civil wars?

Would you watch an anime about cute senators having cute civil wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/resources/ancient/graffiti from pompeii.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe, but I'd definitely watch an anime about the daily lives of Roman boys

pompeiana.org/resources/ancient/graffiti from pompeii.htm

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
Here we go again

UMU!
M
U
!

Where's mah Roman citizens at? Long live the emperor!

>Nero killed himself after his people revolted
Fatefags BTFO

B-Baka Vercingetorix.. its not like I want to circumvallate your city or anything..

>Romans
cute philosophers doing cute dialectics when?

Go drink hemlock buddy

I'd pay for cute Roman girls doing Roman things

>not Roman senators depicted as cute lolis

I want sophists to leave.

>loli Cicero denouncing loli Cataline to death by pillow fight
muh

>>Nero killed himself after his people revolted
>Believing Christian heretics propaganda

The Christian fundamentalist were akin to Muslims back then. They're encroaching on a more civilized society, pushing their barbaric vodoo propaganda as minority. Nero had it right trying to prosecute the Christians and wipe them off the face of the Earth. Think of how much the Christians sets back human progress and plunge the world into the Dark Ages of famine and poverty. 1300 years, literally 1300 years of zero progress until the Renaissance picks up where the Roman Empire left off. If it not for the Christians we would be immortals living in VR and anime would be real by now.

Hope that treachery was worth it, filthy Roman senators/governors. They literally sets humanity back 1300 years for a blimp of power grab.

Pretty sure Suetonius wasn't a Christian

Cicero: Quo usqe tandem abutre Catalina!

Catalina: N-NANI! TEME!!

That's a spicy batch of memes senpai.

>Shota Julius "conquers" Redhead MILF Vercingetorix

>Pontifex Maximus

The treasoners Suetonius and Cassius Dio weren't Christians, but they were kinder to Christians. Nero would feed the Christians to the lions and tigers for public entertainment in the coloseum and would lit them on fire on a stake at night to light up his garden.

The soft stance of the further dynasty on Christians is what allowed the Christian minority to take over. The general consensus among scholar is that Nero was an extremely popular emperor for the peasants and Roman citizens in general. He provide them with ample public entertainments and community projects such as theatres etc.

She then proceeds to storm out of the loli assembly

>after the "civil war" the tsundere loli senators become his harem

>tfw Sekkou Boys will never get a season 2

>Samius to Cornelius: go hang yourself!
Nothing has changed.

Reminds me of this skit
youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

It's sad that the Roman Empire had to fall and plunge the world into the Dark Ages.

S

They had a working steam engine, possibly would have had an industrial revolution 1500 years earlier if it hadnt fallen.
;_;

After he grows up, I should add.
Shota MC in a loli harem sucks.

>his people
You mean filthy power grubbing traitors? The Roman people and the populus has always loved Nero

That's what Gaul was for man. Conquering the MILFs of the plains for 8 years

I didnt realise how badly I needed this
Instead of the stabbing ending we can have a cuddle orgy with a happy resolution

>V.5 (just outside the Vesuvius gate); 6641: Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1820: Chie, I hope your hemorrhoids rub together so much that they hurt worse than when they every have before!
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1882: The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
Every time.

>shitposting on literal Roman stone message boards
Truly shitposting is eternal

>Casca hugs Caesar from behind while preparing for his speech
>Caesar: Casca..! N-Nani?!
>Casca: Julius-senpai! Daisuki!
>Brutus and the rest join in
>Caesar: Et tu, Brute-chan?

Cringed so hard writing this

>IX.8.3 (House of the Centenary; in the atrium); 5213: My lusty son, with how many women have you had sexual relations?
Ara Ara~

>we are the true descendants of the Romans
>we are expanding our Empire through meme magic and shitposting

>V.5 (just outside the Vesuvius gate); 6641: Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place
I swear to god, this is perfect for dealing with shitposters

>VI.14.43 (atrium of a House of the Large Brothel); 1520: Blondie has taught me to hate dark-haired girls. I shall hat them, if I can, but I wouldn’t mind loving them.

Hence the birth of Sup Forums

Okay, I didn't know that. I should've read up more on Tacitus in college

Is anyone else reading pic related?

Accurate as far as I know. Exaggerated a bit here and there though

We should get an anime about Sulla. He was basically a gary stu so the nips would love it.

Didnt even know this existed
Ill check it out
Wasn't Scipio bald tho?

Too evil to be a MC
Marius would make a better MC

>Think of how much the Christians sets back human progress and plunge the world into the Dark Ages of famine and poverty.

This is an overstatement. What really made society collapse back then were the barbarians who crushed the Western Roman Empire. Before the fall, life was relatively safe within the borders of the Empire, but when everything fell apart it was basically anarchy.

Imagine bombing every government facility in any nation and killing everyone who was in charge of keeping order: the result would be total chaos, and even with today's technology it'd take quite some time for whatever power would take over the country to restore order. Now imagine what it must have been like 1600 years ago.
Christianity may have played a role in slowing down human progress, but you can't place all the blame on a religion. Besides, if it wasn't for Christian monks most of the Latin literary works would have been lost

>Accurate as far as I know.
The sharks in the Adriatic Sea were complete bullshit though

Sulla did nothing wrong. Marius was a traitor to Rome and all her people.

Congrats user, you have moefied a historical scene. How does it feel?

>saved his nation from destruction
>traitor

Huh?
Yeah he went senile in his final years and was basically just as bad as Sulla
But Sulla killed his sexual partners for fun, he was in a sexual relationship with a young boy for years, and he betrayed his oldest friend for power
He is famously one of the most hated tyrants in Roman history
Where do you read your history?

>barbarians crushed the empire
Ahahahaha. AHAHAHA.

More Romans were killed by other Romans than barbarians during the last days of the Empire. The West collapsed because it couldn't maintain it's armies or it's political system due to incessant internal power struggles. Combine that with most troops in the Empire's pay being those very same 'barbarians' who ended up picking the pieces up of the Roman Empire and managing to keep the lights on for western civilization for several centuries until things truly stabilized again.

The East managed to maintain internal control over the army and prevent the sort of cycle of weak emperors being deposed by military leaders who then were deposed by other military leaders from occurring.

Fucking krauts ruined everything, just like always

I should also mention he had thousands of people executed without trial just because of his paranoia
Young Caesar was on that hit list too

>the barbarians who crushed the Western Roman Empire

Nonsense. Western Roman Empire never got conquered. Rome crumbled from the inside due to endless political coups, division among senators, continuously losing their provinces such as Britannia, Hispania, Carthage etc due to rebellion.

The Christians themselves didn't do it, but the power hungry traitors and corrupt province governors did it. They made way for the Christian minority to get a grip on Rome and taking away a lot of income from the state. Instead of paying taxes the Christians would rather give money to their Church, seeing that there is only one God and the State of Rome is just a worldly entity.

Alaric the Goth was a Roman soldier
They weren't "romans" they just fought under the banner. Multiculturalism everyone.

>germany started WW1

>Austrian aren't "german"

>People who lived in Roman held territory, took up arms in the name of Rome, and payed Roman taxes
>Not Romans

The fuck you smoking? There were basically nowhere near enough 'Romans' born in Rome to man the empire entirely. So surprise surprise, they had to recruit from people who lived in Roman lands. Like you know, germanic and celtic tribes, who often Romanized quite quickly. Alaric the Goth was quite Roman, for a 'barbarian.'

If you want to say one single country started the whole war, then it would be Serbia.

Most historians believe that the most nasty stuff that was said about Sulla was just propaganda made to tarnish his image (he always was a controversial figure though). Also with the proscription lists Marius did the same exact thing (before Sulla did it) to supporters of Marius. Also Sulla said that Caesar was going to be responsible for the destruction of the Republic and he ended up being right about that. Another thing with Sulla is that many of the reforms that Augustus did that brought stability back to Rome were just copying ones done by Sulla but were undone by Pompey and Crassus.

>Serbia
>Not Russia

Russia could have let the Austro-Hungarians take on Serbia and then implode, but nooooo. They had to mobilize.

Didn't Ammianus say something about that?

Why are you arguing? Im agreeing with you
Just saying you cant ignore some aspects if the fall, there was no single cause.
Inflation, laziness due to free food dole, christianity, homosexuality and obsession with casual sex/orgies not for the purpose of procreation, multiculturalism, massive amounts of in-fighting, and of course the "invasions" were the final nail in the coffin although they basically just walked in and took over without a fight.

Pax Romana killed Rome, it was basically Augustus saying, "REFUGEES WELCOME!" and the ensuing degeneracy is what really destroyed Rome.

>Caesar was responsible for the destruction of the republic

Stopped reading there

Such random threads been going on way before /his/ was a thing.

Huh, that sounds really familiar.

Hello newfag, welcome to the romaboo thread

Really stimulates your axons

Contracts matey. They couldn't say no while still holding onto any veneer of international dealing power. Nobody trusts a traitor.

>sets back human progress

You realize that civilizations other than Rome existed at the time right? The Chinese and Persians were still continuing to advance civilization and technology. And that's ignoring that the teachings of the Church forms an integral part of Western Civilization (a combination of Greco-Romanism, Abrahamic philosophy, and german barbarian things), and without it Western civilization and its various advances toward modernism would not have existed in the same form. For example Christian philosophy allow gave the philosophical push toward the creation of western science (ability to refute the words of the ancient Greeks; ability to conceptualize the universe as orderly and lawful, rather than capricious and unpredictable; a complete separation between the divine world and the natural world; etc.)

Sup Forums's here, fun's over now. Fucking degenerate closet cucks...

I believe someone wrote a book about that

While the issues that caused the fall of the republic did predate Caesar he was without a doubt the final nail in the coffin. Also one of the issues that caused the fall of the republic were the Marian Reforms.

Lol what?
Almost all historians agree that the Roman legions being made up of foreigners who had no cultural allegiance to Rome was a mistake, and it objectively was. Those same soldiers were the ones who invaded.

Stop getting triggered you dumb fuck just because you bought into the culturally enriched meme

>they made way for the Christian minority to get a grip on Rome

To expand on this, Christianity was a religion of salvation that promised rewards in the afterlife no matter how terrible the material life was. The collapse of the Roman economy and government generated poverty, insecurity, and anxiety for many people. The material world falling apart naturally lead to people caring more about the ethereal afterlife. Christianity offered a great hope for a better next life

I already watched gate :^

Truly, this information has had the effect of causing my neurons to fire in a reflective manner.

>spouting spicy Sup Forums memes unironically
Polocaust 2.0 can't happen soon enough

The people who killed Caesar and thus handing power to Augustus caused its fall
Caesar had no intention of destroying the republic, as he frequently reminded people. He even publically refused to be crowned and said his dictatorship was only temporary until corruption had been weeded out of the senate.
Then a bunch of rich beaurecrats killed him because he made them actually pay their taxes and gave their jobs to non-nobles.
Most of the negative shit you read about Caesar is assassin propaganda and Augustus trying to downplay the achievements of his father to seem greater by comparison

So Nero had it right. If he were to wiped out the Christian off the face of the earth during the peak of the Roman empire, the world and humanity's future would be far better off. Not to mention the virtue in public execution of Christians in coloseum as Roman superbowl entertainment and throwing Christian slaves into the brothels and farms for cheap labor.

The Marian reforms were necessary though; otherwise the Empire would never have been able to exist in the first place. Separating the requirement of land from being a Soldier meant that poor Romans gained both social mobility and also economic improvement. It increased the prosperity of the empire while at the same time swelling the ranks with fit, able, and loyal men.

>no cultural allegiance to Rome
Incorrect. They had quite a few cultural ties to Rome, and political ones, and economic ones. Part of the problem was the Roman unwillingness to recognize 'Barbarians' as having equal say as Romans born in Rome or Italy. Many of these people were undoubtedly Romans except by blood. Combine this lack of legitimate way to earn political authority in Rome, and economic issues compounded by a Roman populace severely reduced by plagues from the last century and you get the perfect storm for Generals to start to seize actual power and influence over provinces they live in, because the central government both cannot do shit about it at the moment, and refuses to integrate them.

You and me both. They're worse than the fucking Bronies, and I'd never thought I'd ever be saying that.

Thats not an argument buddy

Augustus and his dynasties presides some of the most teritorial expansion Rome ever had. She's never been that better off during 0-150 CE, at the peak of her power.

Sorry your narrative doesn't match historical facts

>They're worse than the fucking Bronies
They stopped completely after about 6 months or so.

They only stopped because they were given a containment board and the mods forced all of their motherfucking shit to stay on that fucking board.

The problem with Sup Forums is that it never fucking stays on its fucking board. They should pull a /fur/ 2.0 with that cesspool.

I'm not denying that the Marian reforms weren't also very beneficial.The main issue is that it switched the allegiance of the soldiers from the Republic it self to their general.
I do like Caesar a lot but I interpret his actions in a different way. I do believe he intended to be dictator for life and that his actions such as rejecting the crown were just for propaganda purposes. Also I feel that Augustus would try to down play the actions of Caesar to that extent since he had him deified after he died.

>>no cultural allegiance to Rome
>Incorrect. They had quite a few cultural ties to Rome, and political ones, and economic ones. Part of the problem was the Roman unwillingness to recognize 'Barbarians' as having equal say as Romans born in Rome or Italy.

user this is complete and utter tripe.
All people within the borders were granted citizenship by Caracalla. Most of the senate was made up of Gauls. Most of the Emperors weren't Roman.
I shouldnt need to explain this to you, the Roman legions literally began to disband and Romam commanders turned on Rome because they had no allegiance to Rome or its people. After the slave plantations rolled in many of these """"romans"""" said "fuck rome" and broke off from the empire.
Seriously go read up on it.
You cant possibly argue this wasnt a cultural/racial issue. A Roman born commander wouldnt "break off" from Rome because it was his home. A foreigner felt no such allegiance.

>G.A.T.E.

??? Trajan was the biggest expansion since Julius Caesar
the fuck you smoking boi
And how is this at all related to Caesar crashing the republic?

Ok if you want to get into the nitty gritty of the argument, Romans were far ahead of their times for their tolerance. They would conquer a pagan city state and still let the conquered people to worship whatever deity they had and incorporate said deity to the Roman pantheon. Hence all the culturally appropriated pagan holidays into Roman holidays such as Saturnalia which later would become Chrismas. Multiculturalism has always been Rome's greatest strength.

The problem though is that the Christians and to certain extent the Jews believe that OUR God only, and YOUR GODS ARE WRONG.They refused to be conquered, given proper education, learn Latin, and refuse to upstanding Roman citizen despite the Romans building aqueducts, infrastructure, education, roads, public safety, etc for them. Again Nero had it right that the Christian vermin were a major threat to Rome and should be prosecuted in the most public ways possible. The later dynasties soften up on the prosecution and as said, allows the Christians to take over, amongst other thing such as perpetual cycles of coups and treason.

As we discussed, there are many reasons but being a "moral degenerate" or cultural appropriation, with exception of that one utterly toxic Christian culture has nothing to do with the fall of Rome. Sorry to break your narrative Sup Forumstard.

Why are you literal teenagers bitching about Sup Forums? How the fuck is historical discussion Sup Forums?
Just because you're ignorant of a big factor in the fall of rome doesnt make me a fucking nazi, it makes you uneducated.
If it makes you feel better I have almost no problem with modern multiculti societies, with the exception of mass migration.

But you're wrong as many posters have pointed out. You're trying to insert 21st century alt right buzzwords into historical narrative and being called out, now you just crying like a babby of being prosecuted for your beliefs.

It really wouldn't, without Christianity the people wold have just latched onto another salvation religion, likely Islam once it arose since there'd be no unified Christian front against their intrusion into Europe.
Furthermore Western Civilization is just as much based on Christianity as it is Greco-Romanism, I can't see humanity being better off without the achievements of westernism.

> I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.
never forget

Fag. Gothic architecture was miles more advanced than anything the Romans did; furthermore, Rome looked so ahead of its time because when it wasn't harvest season they set their slaves to work building temples and arches. Feudalism was a superior economic system, as it incentivized the serf to become a craftsman in his spare time; though the people lived in uglier conditions, the economic output of 'Dark Age' Europe was actually greater than Golden Age Rome. Not to mention the eugenic element of Europe's social systems: The English aristocracy had so many kids that everybody in England can claim noble ancestry. Literally supply-side genetics.

Sorry I meant to say that Augustus wouldn't try and down play Caesars actions.

It was regarded as a curiosity and never applied in a productive fashion. Whereas in England the steam engine was almost immediately put to use after invention. The character of Roman society didn't provide for an industrial revolution.

True but I mean come on, read Plutarch or another of Augustus' historians, they talk about him like he was literally the greatest individual ever. In reality he killed all of his enemies and strangled Caesars only biological son to death. Somehow I doubt he was this paragon, a great ruler for sure but cmon.

Caesar on the other hand spared virtually everyone who fought against him. Doesnt seem very tyrant like to me. Also the laws he passed/political positions he filled gave so much more power to the plebeians and the people in the provinces. I just cant see him being this big bad boogeyman

"Multiculturalism is strength" back to the cuckshed swed.