Brit/pol/ - Papers edition

>Why I still refuse to praise the film 'The Death of Stalin'
hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2017/10/why-i-still-say-that-the-death-of-stalin-is-a-bad-film-.html

>New holocaust memorial to be built outside of parliament
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/24/team-led-david-adjaye-design-uks-holocaust-memorial

>Catalonia crisis escalates as Spain set to impose direct rule within days
theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/21/catalonai-crisis-spain-rajoy-direct-rule

>SNP expert group ‘to recommend creation of Scottish pound’
inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/snp-expert-group-recommend-creation-scottish-pound/

>BASED Trump releasing the JFK files #Drainingtheswamp (!)
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jfk-files-what-are-they-trump-release-john-f-kennedy-assassination-lee-harvey-oswald-jack-ruby-a8013001.html

>Czech Trump wins election by a landslide
ft.com/content/93c5802a-b661-11e7-8c12-5661783e5589

>Part of University train station burnt down
thetab.com/uk/birmingham/2017/10/19/exclusive-university-train-station-has-been-burnt-down-36125

>Denny's announces expansion into the UK
globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/10/19/1150292/0/en/Denny-s-Announces-Expansion-Into-United-Kingdom.html

>ALL CRIME UP!!!!
ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/crimeandjustice/bulletins/crimeinenglandandwales/june2017

>Airbus CSeries deal could boost Belfast jobs -UK minister
reuters.com/article/bombardier-airbus-britain/update-1-airbus-cseries-deal-could-boost-belfast-jobs-uk-minister-idUSL8N1MV5QQ

>Ken Clarke: Parliament can stop a ‘no deal Brexit’
inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/ken-clarke-parliament-can-stop-no-deal-brexit/

>St Paul’s Cathedral to host Grenfell Tower memorial service
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/24/st-pauls-cathedral-to-host-grenfell-tower-memorial-service

Other urls found in this thread:

abcommuters.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/peter-wilkinson-under-investigation-by-the-nao-for-alleged-conflict-of-interest-at-the-department-for-transport/
youtu.be/TNBk09OOLXw?t=4304
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey lads, haven't been here for exactly a year. Things've changed... Big time! Got some friends, a gf, a car, and a top job. Not to mention I'm getting a book published.

Trust me guys; fucking quit this place and sort yourselves out!

Super serious question from last thread. Why don't we just sell Scotland to the EU to pay the Brexit divorce bill? They clearly want to join them and I don't think they'd absolutely mind the whole deal.

What does Brit/pol/ think of the UK's most influential black person?

So is Brit/pol/ still a Shrempf friendly zone or have you leaned to hate him like everyone else?

I know you're usually a bit behind in geopolitcs so just wondering?

I'll repost something I typed out earlier, an excerpt from Douglas Murray's Strange Death of Europe that dispells the myth of immigration being a financial benefit.
(1/4)
After decades of immigration from the third world, to paint a French high-tech entrepreneur as a typical migrant requires a considerable level of dishonesty. Most people who came to Britain in the period after the Second World War were not highly educated but poorly educated and from poor societies: that was why they wanted to better their lot by coming here. And among those who had qualifications many were, in any case, entering a society where these qualifications were not recognised as having parity and so they had to start down the chain in their profession. But the only way to present migrants as contributing not just equally but actually more than those already working and paying taxes in Britain id if we talk almost exclusively about highly educated, high net-worth individuals from first-world countries. The cliche of the "average immigrant" being an economic boom for the country only works when such exceptions are made to appear as though they are the rule.
All efforts to make an economic case for mass immigration rely on this trick. Among those to have used it are EU Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom and UN Representative Peter Sutherland. In a 2012 piece they suggested that unless Europe opens its borders to mass migration, "Entrepreneurs, migrants with Ph.Ds" and others will all be "flocking to places like Brazil, South Africa, Indonesia, Mexico, China and India", thus leaving Europe to be a more impoverished place.

(2/4)
One of the Few studies in this area is from the Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration at University College London. It is a study that is widely cited. In 2013 the centre published a working paper titled "The Fiscal Effects of Immigration to the UK". This working paper (rather than finished report) was exceptionally widely covered in the media. The BBC ran the story as a lead item with the headline: "Recent immigrants to UK "make net contribution"".

The story claimed that far from being a "drain" on the system, the financial contribution of "recent immigrants" to the country had instead been "remarkably strong". Following the lead of UCL's own positively spin press release, the nation media focused on the claim that "recent waves of immigrants - i.e., those who arrived to the UK since 2000 and who have thus driven the start increase in the UK's foreign born population", had "contributed far more in taxes than they received in benefits".
Elsewhere the study made the claim that far from being a cost to the taxpayer, immigrants were in fact "less likely" to be a financial burden on the state than the people of the country they were moving into. It also claimed that recent migrants were less likely to need social housing than British people and were even 45 percent less likely to be receiving state benefits or tax credits than "UK natives". Doubtless some members of the public hearing this claim wondered when all the Somalis, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis had managed to put so much money into the exchequer. But the study had performed the usual sleight of hand. It had presented the best-off and least culturally strange immigrants as in fact being typical immigrants. So the UCL study focused attention on "highly-educated immigrants" and in particular on recent immigrants from the European Economic Area (the EU, plus Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein).

(3/4)
The working paper highlighted the fact that these people paid 34 percent more in taxes than they received in benefits while native British people paid 11 percent less in taxes than they received in benefits. Anybody doubting the financial benefits of mass immigration was suddenly opposed to wealthy residents of Lichtenstein transferring to the United Kingdom for work.

Yet anyone who wanted to delve into this working paper would discover that the reality was wholly different from the spin that the media, and even the university from which it hailed, had given to the findings. For although UCL's own estimate suggested that "recent migrants from the EEA between 2001 and 2011 had contributed around £22 billion into the UK economy", the fiscal impact of all migrants, regardless of origin, told an entirely different story. Indeed "recent" arrivals from the EEA were the sole migrants for whom such a positive claim could be made. Away from the spin, what UCL's own research quietly showed was that non-EEA migrants had actually taken out around £95 billion more in services than they had paid in taxes, meaning that if you took the period 1995-2011 and included all immigrants (not just a convenient high net-worth selection), then by UCL's own measurements, immigrant to the United Kingdom had taken out significantly more than they had put in. Mass migration, in other words, had made the country very significantly poorer of the period in question.

Car insurance as a young male is fucking horrendous.

She was literally created by the press.
She has fuck all influence
I really, really hate this but the UK's most influential black person is probably Piane Faggot.

(4/4)
After some criticism for its methodology, manner of spinning and burial of crucial data, the following year UCL published its completed findings. By that point, and taking into account UCL's own figures, the results were even starker. For the full report showed that the earlier figure of £95 billion far understated the cost of immigration to Britain. In fact, immigrants over that 1995-2011 period had cost the United Kingdom a figure more like £114 billion, with the final figure potentially rising to as high as £159 billion. Needless to say, the discovery that immigration had actually cost the UK more than a hundred billion pounds did not make the news and nobody was aware on their news bulletins of a headline that should have read, "Recent immigrants to the UK cost British taxpayers more than £100 billion". How could they have done when the crucial finding didn't even make it into the conclusion of the publication that had discovered them?

>6 US Presidents
Not acceptable
>At least 13 Greek gods/Goddesses
acceptable.
>Lenin
Detonate and send the remaining parts to Israel
>Peter Pan
Why not
>3+ Roman Emperors
Occupant sandniggers
> A Templar Knight
Christian shit
>Nehru
anti-White abo-mixed scum
>Simon Bolivar
not acceptable literal who spic
>Ben Franklin
fuck that yank crap
>Charles de Gaule
out it goes
>Ferdinand Foch
out it goes
>Mandcoona
Let Afrikaner expats to take a shit on it after bringing the statues to synagogue
>Ghandi
Remove

Only on the inside

Tell me about yourself lad. What's your situation like?

Why is the British media trying to force these literally who e-list soap actors as national treasurers?

To cover up the Establishment and how the Pakis run their pedo grooming network.

Ah a pleasant reminder that Tasmina lost her seat in June. We might be a leftist shithole but we don't like uppity pakis

Go on you chink mongel, explain how Greek Gods are ok but Roman emperors aren't

ANSWER ME

Because doctor who gets more than enough shekels from international sales for beeb not to care about it and the producer is a commie

Finally asked out the girl at work i was trying to play it cool with. She said she'll let me know by tomorrow if shes free for the weekend and gave me her number.

is this basically getting fallback rejected, i feel like shit senpai

If she rejects you then acid her. It is Allah's will.

>Westminster might be giving oil away for free
Even in the shittest of African banana republics, natural resources aren't fucked around with.

holy fuckin shit stop telling me to acid attack people how the fuck are you even targetting my posts

>Heathrow might be cancelled
Heathrow 3rd runway has already blessed us (Sarah Olney)
I WANT MY DIRECT FLIGHTS TO UGANDA REEEE
FUCK BRUSSELS AIRLINES
FUCK TURKROACH AIRLINES
AND FUCK ETHOPIAN AIRLINES

DfT boss dirty corrupt fucker.
abcommuters.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/peter-wilkinson-under-investigation-by-the-nao-for-alleged-conflict-of-interest-at-the-department-for-transport/

Also Aslef will sellout their brother comrades for a few extra shekels . Fucking scum.

Fucking KEK
did you do pic related

das rite

She would be more enthusiastic if she liked you. I could be wrong though, this is woman after all.

My situation is fine. I'm just jaded and asocial.

هو إرادة الله

>She said she'll let me know by tomorrow if shes free for the weekend and gave me her number.
She gave you a deadline + information she didn't have to give so you all good

That's the election lost right there for the Tories,
Homes get votes
Hos get notes.

Mate, you got her number and might be taking her out at the weekend. Be happy...

Mohammd Salah when?

What if I told you that this time next year you could have a partner, a shapely body, and a stable job?

Is it abstinence? Or arrogance of someone who ain't got shit?

I dont fucking do shit like this mate, ive had half the people say this is basically rejection and the other half saying you're in there.

god fucking damn it im pathetic

Ja

Norway have a trillion fund.
We had?

has the BBC gotten significantly worse in the last quarter of a year or have i just been scrutinising more critically

he has 2/3
In all honesty I think Steerpike is a virgin because he doesn't want to have sex, and if I was him I would go all the way to marriage.

If she was proper knocking you back she wouldn't have given you her number, would she....

>he has 2/3
Doubtful.

>weebposters show up as soon as I start sobering up

fuck me this isn't what I asked for

Tamzin pics leaked btw.
Shit tits.

Still better than the horrificness that is Kym Marsh's body.

Danielle Lloyd knows howto suck a mean cock.
Still no Holly Willoughby leaks why?

BBC3's gone full shit since it was moved online. People, British and non British love to critique it for things on Sup Forums and the internet in general, but I think it's fantastic how they moved all the degeneracy online.

Fuck you. Get back on the short bus.

Its like they all go through the same process
>Appear in a soap for 10 years
>Get too high an opinion of yourself and leave to pursue a bigger career
>Realize that you are a shitty e-list actor and so get no work
>do some small time theater work
>do some humanitarian work
>write and release a book
>appear on the day time television circuit plugging your book
>Do more humanitarian work
>all of a sudden appearing on panel shows
>Start hosting a day time talk show
>canonized by media as a national treasure

Worse still they've started doing this with fucking TOWIE and Big Brother and all those other awful shows like that's stars.

The 'things not to say' was great for memeing tbqh

Because Hellenic society was based around racial purism, and Roman one was based around quite the opposite you stupid nigger. Hellenics never invaded Germanic and Celts, Romshits did

Unironicly a great PM

No idea mate, im retarded when it comes to women. just seems like im basically a fallback plan which im not doing that beta orbiter shit so ill cut it off if she cant go or whatever

I can't believe it's not Butter knife?

Fucker led us into the Europe unironically

You need to stop trying to control that which you cannot, and focus upon shaping the mutable.

No surrender Raoul Moat

Jared O'Mara incident has completely shattered my dreams of politics. I amde so many shitposts on anime forums during the mid-2000s that were extremely edgy and angsty with a very obvious alias.

>My OC

>Worse still they've started doing this with fucking TOWIE and Big Brother and all those other awful shows like that's stars.
It's like Rylan
And that time Nick Clegg met with Joey Essex DURING the election campaign for 'da yoof vote'

Fucking BASED truth.
Only a few make it out of Soaps; Like Chelsea loanees

Only non-whites are against Trump.

>Nick Leg
>Liberal Democats

She's
>Given you a reply deadline
>Given you information that she didn't have to give (You)
Thatcher spent all our money on bennies for the unemployed.

Serious question lads, how the fuck do we deal with housing prices?

My area is decent enough but nothing special yet small flats are up for £850-900pcm these days.

Fine, she's rejected you. Your entire countenance revolts her; she convulses with disgust whenever you are present, and behind your back enjoys mocking you in the harshest terms.

What changes? Who cares?

rent, wait for the bubble to pop, buy in the dip.

I can't believe all theese years later those smelly scouse fucks still are principled enough to not buy the sun. The only thing I respect.

It was good then

Dunno, shes pretty hot and woulda liked to bang her

>Falling for the rentjew
Never rent. Stay at home and save your shekels

Dog just ate my week old sickbag

CAUSE I'M A CREEP

It was planned to turn out the way it is now from day 1 and he knew that.

THIS THREAD SMELLS GAY ....

>LET ME CLEANSE IT

youtu.be/TNBk09OOLXw?t=4304

In that case, what are you worrying about? We've explored the worst possible scenario, and realised that in the end it will change nothing.

So why worry?

Bollocks. Economic aspect of EU and single market is fantastic.

They never bought it. It’s a right wing news paper read by the working class, the self employed. Why would anyone from Liverpool buy that?

Don't cuss him pham
I'll be on the next tram up to that nuclear wasteland (You) call home

I can't wait until all this brexit shit is over so I can go back to fanboying Nick Clegg.

THE CLEANSING BEGAN AT 1:11:44

Our economy suffered almost immediately after entering the EEC. While not entirely due to our entry, it did exacerbate our economic woes.

>striking in the age of AI and Robotics

I'll probably be staying at home till my early 30s at this rate desu.

No its bigoted biased corrupted leftwing liberal shit hole.

They twist distort news storys.

The whole bbc is worthless

Huh fair enough, just cant help but ponder what the fuck it means.

you can afford this but you can't afford a parade for remembrance day?