Too White: Cambridge University caves to student demands to 'decolonise' English curriculum

The Telegraph: telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/10/24/cambridge-university-caves-student-demands-decolonise-english

Archived: archive.is/W20rZ

>Cambridge University’s English Literature professors will be forced to replace white authors with black writers, under new proposals put forward by academic staff following student demands to “decolonise” the curriculum.

>For the first time, lecturers and tutors will have to “ensure the presence” of Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) writers on their course, under plans discussed by the English Faculty’s Teaching Forum.

>The move follows an open letter, penned by Lola Olufemi, Cambridge University Student Union’s women’s officer and signed by over 100 students, titled “Decolonising the English Faculty”.

>“For too long, teaching English at Cambridge has encouraged a ‘traditional’ and ‘canonical’ approach that elevates white male authors at the expense of all others,” the letter said.

>“What we can no longer ignore, however, is the fact that the curriculum, taken as a whole, risks perpetuating institutional racism.”

===========

BEST PART:

>Earlier this year, students at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) demanded that figures such as Plato, Descartes and Immanuel Kant should be largely dropped from the curriculum because they are white.

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/06RHu
youtube.com/watch?v=BN7FpwAa-Ls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you prefer a screenshot, here you go.

No problem with them dropping Kant his idea of the Categorical Imperative was just pseudopcience.

I don't agree with their motives for this but in terms of a University course I do think it should be more broad than just national relevancies.

Until the end of secondary school I do think it should be nationally-focussed, but University should offer a wider array to give you the broader perspective.

A lot of East Asian and Indian scholars were as astute as the Ancient Greeks. Not that many that I know of from Africa but definitely a lot of them from the Orient.

whats the point of going to a fancy school if they dont teach anything.

people go to school to fuck around and to extend their teenage years. it's a fucking waste of money.

While I do agree, the point with these guys was not that non-Whites are not taught, they want authors to be included solely on the "merit" of their skin color and to exclude White authors, regardless of the value of their work. Plato wasn't just someone, he was basically the father of philosophy, now he is persecuted because he was White, not because he isn't worthy of being taught.

Like I said I disagree with the motives.

They're just the standard bitter activists, they could bring about the same outcome by learning philosophy and writing their own works to a higher standard, create a new Black intellectual, but they don't. There are plenty of them as it is, they could mass publicise their various works, but they don't.

They just destroy, never replace.

currrent education system is fucked

vid.me/06RHu
vid.me/06RHu
vid.me/06RHu

Go along with pretending he wuz a kang then

>They just destroy, never replace.

WE WUZ PLATO

>What they think will happen

WE BLACK AUTHORS NOW

>what will really happen due to the majority lack of classical and modern literature of worth

WE SPANISH AND ASIAN AUTHORS NOW

Accelerationism baby. The faster the collapse, the better.
>dear Lord, please bless us with a magnificent solar event, ala "Carrington Event" 2.0 Electric Boogaloo. Amen.
Gas The Economy, Starvation Now!!!!
>producers of sustenance and maintainers of society's infrastructure iz kang

found the 3rd place to nuke.

>plato
>descartes

Fuck these niggers. Seriously.

Fucking mongrels

>inside a white country
>decolonize

This doesn't mean what they think it means. Decolonizing the interior of England means only thing: removing all non-whites.

>...your three weeks abroad 'exploring', are going to do anything meaningful or long lasting to help the communities you fetishise'
ITS CALLED A FUCKING HOLIDAY YOU NIGGER

>Decolonize English
>All noteworthy study subjects in English have been done by white people

I don't think this person has ever taken English

This kind of shit really pisses me off. How come nothing is ever "too black"? Shit like this does nothing but create more racists.

>Greek philosophers
>English curriculum
τἰς;

How the fuck do liberal arts work exactly?

Wow, you guys are some what just as bad as they are, seriously. You complain about disscrimination by colour/background with wich I agree, but are just as easily dissmissive of mentioned authors as those you claim are wrong doing. To disregard Plato is to disregard basis of western thought, to disregard Descartes is to throw away the ''idea of attempt at'' non-idealogical/non-scholastic/non-dogmatic attempt at philosophy, wich without any research or work onto before dismmising Descartes is as, let's say, sniffing your own farts (s.: South Park). But what the hell is with you guys that even remotely agree on Kant being redundant?? I can understand those who ''didn't get him'', as he sure is difficult read and his works heavily refference each other, therefore demand extencive reading.

Give me the name of a top higher-ed institution, anywhere in the Western world. i.e., on that has not been taken over by (((Cultural Marxists))) .

Does one even exist?

Why is Black separate from minority ethnic

Marxism.

They are the majority in Britain now.

What a world.

Maybe now they'll understand that anti-colonialism was always anti-white.

This is making it easier for us to win. I hope they double down and keep it up.

might have had more to do with that forehead if she's honest

Weren't all africans illiterate until the 1800s?

Is that nigger wearing a scarf and pretending it's a rolled down maille coif? If so it's hilariously oversized, fucking Hollywood idiots who don't understand european medieval history.

the absolute state of britcuckistan

Racial Marxists trying to destroy the very foundation of white society. In other news, water is wet.

I saw this, but I doubt her reasoning...I believe she in fact can't have kids, cause she has more forehead than face, and it's difficult for guys like me to fuck a forehead...

pseudo science? Have you known logic?

Dumb stupid faggot, his critique of pure reason was a response to Humean skepticism that threatened enlightenment philosophy and science. Without him and his triggering a paradigm shift in all of subsequent philosophy we wouldn't have the epistemological view of inquiring into the world-of-appearances in place of unknowability. He solidified metaphysics as a science. Just shut the fuck up already.

>Sup Forums is familiar with the unattractive acting as if their celibacy was actually their choice

We need to be creating alternative educational opportunities for young white men.
>fully online
>teach them the things that university won't
>include physical training regimen
>make it free
>introduce redpills in the curriculum
>when the Marxists eventually find them and try to SHUT IT DOWN, scrap and clone elsewhere

I'm waiting.

>Plato
>White

Wasn't he Mediterranean?

Community colleges and low-tier state schools are the way to go for this reason. My college was full of Slavs who would chimp out if anything too degenerate was forced onto them. It was pretty comfy desu

Adolescence was a mistake. You're a child until you bleed, then you're a woman. Same applies with balls dropping.

>The move follows an open letter, penned by Lola Olufemi, Cambridge University Student Union’s women’s officer and signed by over 100 students, titled “Decolonising the English Faculty”.
>signed by over 100 students

Embarrassing, how can you be such a pushover? Wow, 100 students

We lack the funds. The powers to be WANT a stupid, cheap workforce they can distract with non-issues, there's trillions of dollars to be made with mass immigration, for corporations and the politicians they bought; while all the negative effects and the costs are only on the taxpayer.
It's an unholy alliance of globalist megacorporations and the insane self-destructive left. Combined, they represent almost unlimited funds and shill force. All the while we have just the autists and the disgruntled natives who see their countries going to shit. It will be very tough to build up another new societal infrastructure, we should rather concentrate on removing the worst offenders from the structures that are already there. We need to organize and petition and protest shit like this.

>tfw English major w/ education minor
>get told to not teach from a Eurocentric POV
>get told by peers that text sets are full of “dead white males” and that we need more diversity
>get told that everyone’s equal

The modern university is trash

youtube.com/watch?v=BN7FpwAa-Ls

Oh forgot to mention
>we must elevate those who are socially stunted by our “white male” power system in order them to be successful.
In other words, my “multiculturalism” class is literally Cultural Marxism 101 and the faggots around me eat it up

No worries, those middle class white kids tourists can take their money, the same money many locals depend on and take it elsewhere, some place far away from impoverished African villages .
Pro tip, the African villagers actually want the whites with their money to come and visit, because the villagers like making money .
But hey one entitled middle/upper class black bitch says she knows better , so whites with their money should go some place else.
Locals in poor countries love tourism , they want to open businesses to house, feed and entertain tourists.
It helps improves living standards in such areas .
But the middle class black bitch has spoken .

I agree. I basically went through philosophy in this order and it had a red pilling effect. It's like you build up all the logic of Rome and Greece, build up a bit more, then you start reading straight up "ooga booga, if a man rapes a goat the sin-spirit stays with the goat and it is doing justice to kill the goat, but he must not feed it to his family! Take the path of suicidal Asian religions and stop caring about the world. The God of Many Heads, takes no poo to the loo!"

You go from classical art with layered meanings and a focus on elevating yourself to ideals, to "ooga booga, dis was a mask made by old tribe to help them have strong stamina for the spirit journey!"

Some Asian art is good, but they can't into human anatomy for shit.

After studying it all you will have a much better view of why western art and philosophy is so much further ahead and remains that way.

Who are they going to be replaced with?

>Literally get fed nothing but shitty African-American literature and stuff written by Hispanics all through High School because Public School in America is Anti-White bullshit
>Go to fancy school to get some learning about actual good things
>Get to be taught about exactly the same things because literature by whites is too racist

I'm fucking sick of non-whites. They literally think that whites aren't reminded of their "plight" at every fucking moment of every day. Jesus fucking christ It's all so god damn tiring.

I thought the Brits couldnt sink Any lower.

And now, having drowned their glass of Paki cum they go even further down.

HOW CAN YOU DECOLONISE ENGLISH FROM FUCKING ENGLAND????? IT IS NOT COLONIZED???? IT IS THE COLONIAL POWER IT IS NOT A COLONY NIGGERS

>in England
>the subject is the English language
>traditional native English people are generally considered to be white

Is it racist to point out that BLACKing the English curriculum at Cambridge would itself be colonization of a native white space?

Basically any "Ooga Booga! : An Ethnic Study Into Why You Should Gibbes Me Dat" author who is darker than Khaki.

Such text include

"Yes, Another Holocaust Book"
"The Holocaust 2: Electric Boogaloo"
Things Fall Apart: How to Get Rekt By Not Creating Your Own Technology
Buddism: Why Being A Begging Faggot In a Robe is Smart
Islam: An Idiot's Guide to Murdering, Raping and Bullshitting your Way To Owning All The Shittiest Parts of The World and Happening To Be On Top of Oil
Taoism: Buddism with more Government
Shintoism: Who fucking cares abotu Asian religions
Indian Religion 101: 100 Billion gods and not one toilet
Monogolians: Islam, on horses
Native Americans, Aboriginals: The Literally Whos of History
Mayans and Incans: Pretty clean towns for people who ate babies

way to cuck

guess what you're gonna get - african studies in middle school, african studies in high school, and african studies in university

you dumb britbongs are gonna know all about how Shitavious D'bongo built da pyramids but know nothing about King Henry VIII (too white for sensitive black ears to hear about)

I've got no problem with minorities and women and whoever expressing themselves artistically or intellectually. It only pisses me off when the best they can come up with is "black version of white character" or "chick version of male character". It pisses me off even more when they mask their creative bankruptcy as some kind of courageous stand against white people or whatever.

>British ruling class degrades and humiliates its citizens by further debasing their culture
What's new?

What are they replacing them with? Nothing? Because I can't think of a single black philosopher on the level of fucking Plato or Decartes.

DIDNT YOU KNOW THE ANCIENT GREEKS WERE BLACK!