Is the Evangelion manga worth reading if I liked the series?

Is the Evangelion manga worth reading if I liked the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangalife.me/read-online/NeonGenesisEvangelionTheShinjiIkariRaisingProject/chapter-58/index-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Absolutely.

if with manga you mean re-take then yes

No
Shit ending and the anime is much better anyway

Yes Totally, Sadamoto (Author) was a very big friend of Anno, and he tells a story little bit different from the original with a new ending . You should

Sadamoto manga > Anime series

The manga unsurprisingly (since it went on longer than the TV series) was able to be less obscure about the whole instrumentality thing so the ending is less "deep" and more about Gendo fucking shit up.

Sadamoto is also on the Asuka train and gives her more screentime to be a terrible bitchy girl with massive daddy issues while winning the shinji-bowl.

If Sadamoto was on someone's train, that was Kaworu. He became a character worth caring in the manga instead of the shallow sketch his anime counterpart was.

Manga is better and still goes to shit during the second half.

The manga feels more like a scifi epic with clearly fleshed out characters told to the reader.

The anime is a lot more about the psychological aspect.

Yes, it explains Gendo motivation more than anime.

Yeah, man.
>Artwork is good.
>Slightly different Shinji.
>Makes Kaji one if the most interesting characters, complete with back story.
>A few more scenes with Rei if you like that.
>Different, more satisfying (sorta) ending.
>Geno's last scene is actually a tearjerker.

On the manga ending all I can think of is Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Reminder.

It's rebuild before the rebuild.

Fuck, everything has failed me. Sauce?

Fuck off.

No, you fuck off if you don't have a sauce

Eat shit saucefag and fuck off to gaia, mouthbreather. If you can't recognize the artstyle you must be new.

It's more cleaned up and tidy but it misses the cosmic terror that the anime evokes in it's best moments.

Shut your whore mouth you retard. I'm not new and don't recognize it, fight me.

>mfw in the last panel when I read this page as a 14yo and it didn't follow the same route as the anime did
This also happens in the the Rebuild movie. Why can't Shinji catch a break.

That's Toji, not Shinji. Also he absolutely should have died in the anime since he literally never comes back except for one scene to be some girl's husbando and it greatly reduces the growing disconnect between Shinji and his dad.

he only survived due to producers stepping in if I remember correctly

>Asuka
>winning the shinji-bowl

And I'm sold.

mangalife.me/read-online/NeonGenesisEvangelionTheShinjiIkariRaisingProject/chapter-58/index-1

She didn't "win". She makes an appearance at the end and then they part ways. Kensuke won as much as Asuka did.

thanks

What about Shinji Ikari Raising Project and Angelic days? Are these worth reading or are they just fanservice?

>implying you don't want fanservice

If all you care about is masturbating, sure.

>That's Toji, not Shinji.
Yeah, never implied Shinji had been somehow cloned and used as the fourth test pilot. But killing a dear friend and leaving him crippled are two somewhat different things.

user does it again