Trunks OVA footage Goku Vs Freiza

youtube.com/watch?v=2N35NrEPdOg&feature=youtu.be

So is this proof that super is getting worked on halfassedly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3zRx1mFGcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but that looks like shit

I really miss these slo-mo fights with hard physical blows

How many times can you sell the same shit goddamn

To be fair, that special is probably aimed to the children rather than the old fans

Are you really comparing a MOVIE to weekly shounen episodes?

Use the catalog dumbass

suck my dick /vg/

Is it just my imagination or is Goku more retarded in Super? He always felt like the a kinda simple minded but nice guy who's too good for this world, like when he was sad leaving Freezer "die". But he seems so stupid in the new series and barely ever shows any concern about other people or anything. Even in the new arc Black's existence is just something fun for him, he doesn't seem to be sad or worried that half of the world was killed in the future and that Bulma died there.

>But he seems so stupid in the new series and barely ever shows any concern about other people or anything
You mean like the time he didn't kill Buu twice so that his kids and Vegeta could have a chance to fight him, even if it meant the entire planet and possibly the universe dying?

The only people that think he's changed are people who grew up with an edgy DBZ dub.

Well my fault then, I admit that I didn't continue watching it back then, I somehow disliked what came after the Cell saga and forgot about it. Guess it's nothing new then.

>I admit that I didn't continue watching it back then,
Remember the time Goku stopped training entirely so that Gohan could be the one to fight Cell, even though Gohan didn't like fighting? Despite that, Goku ignored that the world was going to end all so that his kid could blossom into the fighter he never wanted to be and take a crack at the bad guy.

How about the time before that when he refused to assassinate Dr. Gero (or even stop him) while he was making the androids, specifically because "I want to fight those death machines from the future that kill literally everyone I know and love and reduce the surface of the planet to a wasteland."

Why does Goku sound like a 70 year old woman?

Inbetween the shounen mediocrity, there's a few really interesting character dynamics that pop up every now and again in DBZ, usually involving Goku and/or Vegeta.

Such an interesting premise- it's like you just roll along thinking they're basically human most of the time, but every full moon Toriyama throws something like that at you and it sends you for a bit of a spin trying to wrap your head around it. Fun stuff.

>Inbetween the shounen mediocrity,
Dragonball never really falls into shounen pitfalls, and half of the "cliches" people complain about are things it invented or revolutionized. A million shitty copies of Goku existing (like Luffy) doesn't mean that the characters and direction was ever actually replicated. If you pay attention to DB, there's a lot it does that most series wouldn't ever try. There's a reason it's so loved.

>Dragonball never really falls into shounen pitfalls, and half of the "cliches" people complain about are things it invented or revolutionized.

Hey, that's true I suppose

fuck off, that looks miles better than the entire of super so far, blows had impact, and the ki attacks looked powerfull enough

Such a waste of money. They should have extended the frieza fight where you see what everyone is doing while the earth is blowing up. Like the anime did.

This was 10 minutes made for a movie vs. a weekly anime.

If Super were made like American television, with seasons and 4 month breaks in between, then Super could look amazing. But that's not how Japan does TV over there and quality suffers.

>comparing an OVA to a weekly show

not defending super's quality, but cmon nigga

Anons where can you find the Trunks scenes of the special? Saw them at one point on YT, but now I can't find the links?

why does the Trunks OVA focus on Goku vs Frieza?

Animation is pretty lacking for the first half, doesn't have 20% of the heart the original version had.
Sure it is in HD, digital colors and all but it feels so static and cheap

youtube.com/watch?v=i3zRx1mFGcU

I like the dub but damn it sucks sometimes.

>thats not how japan does tv over there
>what are cours

It isn't a Trunks OVA. OP fucked up.

but goku didnt want to revive during the buu saga (because no one on earth would be able to match his stregnth), so he wanted vegeta and the kids being able to protect the earth, and that didnt go well

He left Freezer live after he fucking murdered his best friend and made him explode in tiny pieces. I'm not that suprised with him making the same retarded mistake twice.

the animation is ok
however the coloring and shading is atrocious
the hair has almost no animation frames making it look very static
also no blood
the old one feels more alive