Madhouse vs Kyoani

Taking into account everything they've made so far, which is the better studio?

strawpoll.me/11126945

Madhouse, by far.

Madhouse but only because they made amazing movies. Nowadays they're just a shell of their former selves.

Madhouse, easily.

Haruhi > everything and anything.

They're both washed up studios who's best content aired years ago. About equal I guess.

Koe no Katachi is going to be better than any Satoshi Kon movie.

Madhouse doesn't improve source material.
Kyoani does.

You don't really believe that.

Let's see.

Mirage of Blaze
Rizelmine
X Movie
Chaos;Head
Marvel Shit
Aquarian Age
Mahou Sensou
Ultraviolet
Tenjou Tenge
and a bunch of shitty 80s/90s OVAs

Taking into account everything they've made so far, Madhouse has produced far more terrible anime and a greater percentage of terrible anime.

The K-On movie, Disappearance, and Tamako Love Story were all better than his movies, so why wouldn't Koe no Katachi?

I actually do believe you. It's pretty depressing there are people as stupid as yourself browsing Sup Forums.

Madhouse has a SHIT load of works that are flat out diarrhea, can't really say the same for KyoAni.

>Madhouse
Literally who?

>which is the better studio?

I wonder.

Madhouse - $25 million in debt before bought out by NTV.

Kyoani - solid track record and amazing production values.
Praised by overseas companies, industry veterans and other studios.

Everything after Hyouka has been pure trash, save for Hibike.

>save for Hibike
Opinion discarded.

Tip that fedora harder

Chances are that a new KyoAni anime in current year is going to be better than a new Madhouse anime.

But if I tried to make a lit of the top 20 anime from Madhouse or KyoAni, Madhouse would have 15+ spots.

Nope, pure trash would be this

K-On, Hyouka, Amagi Brilliant Park, Lucky Star, Endless Eight, Air, Free, Phantom World and Chuunibyou.

On top of that, Kyoani have never reached the heights of Madhouse at their best. None of their anime come close to anything Satoshi Kon worked on, particularly Magnetic Rose and Millennium Actress. Then you have a whole range of other top tier shows and films: Kaiji, Kaiba, Paradise Kiss, Texhnolyze, Metropolis, Barefoot Gen, Card Captor Sakura and Gungrave among many many others. Sure they have duds, especially in more recent times, but taking all of their works into account, they're a far better, more ambitious studio than Kyoani.

was your intention to list mostly good works?

>h-he doesn't like MY kyoani!
>m-must be a fedora tipper!
Would you like a tissue?

>who is best content

Is this a bizarre rhetorical question?

For Madhouse, yes.

For KyoAni, no. None of those works have any real quality writing, nor do they have a grain of ambition. Reality check: K-ON as a whole is a 5/10 at best; pretty visuals don't make up for an extremely shallow script.

None of those things you listed are worse than Madhouse's bubbling diarrhea like Needless or Stitch. Some are even great or good, but you're just baiting.
>K-On
K-On is the pinnacle of anime.
Madhouse has never reached KyoAni at their best, and they never will now that all their talent is dead or gone. Bubbling diarrhea has taken over.

>None of those things you listed are worse than Madhouse's bubbling diarrhea like Needless or Stitch
But they're well below Madhouse's par for the course.

>K-On is the pinnacle of anime.
>Madhouse has never reached KyoAni at their best
>this is what idiots believe

>Keion
>Amagi
>Lucky Star
>Haruhi S2
>Chuuni S1

>bad

Also, Nichijou is the greatest anime of all time, so KyoAni by default.

Madhouse's par for the course is bottom of the barrel trash, so no.

>says endless eight was good
How to spot an utterly mindless idiot who eats up whatever shit his favorite studio churns.

>Quality of shows
KyoAni wins because of K-ON
>animation prowess
KyoAni wins because they're animation gods
>overall studio management
Madhouse got massive debt then bought out so KyoAni wins

Verdict: KyoAni wins in a landslide victory

Not *everything*. Phantom World was trash, I didn't like Chuunibyou S2, not a big Key fan, etc.

Found the pleb who can't appreciate art

Nope. If we're to examine the studio's entire backlog as the OP states, their par is around Trigun, Black Lagoon, Hunter X Hunter and Parasyte. That is already far better than shows like K-On and Chuunibyou.

>K-On! is pinnacle of anime
Yes, just like Boku no Pico is.
>Madhouse has never reached KyoAni in their best
Well, it wouldn't make sense for them to reach rock bottom in their prime.
>and they never will now that all their talent is dead or gone
They might just have a chance.

>he thinks repeating the same episode over and over again is art
>b-but they animated them individually!
Found the idiot.

So their par is uninspired bland adaptations? KyoAni wins again, they only improve source material instead of doing lazy, mindless copypastes.

>K-On is the pinnacle of anime
Why are you posting on Sup Forums today, Digi?

You mean, people watch the whole endless 8 instead of episode 1,7,8 ?

Here's a serious, non-bait question, were Chuu2 and Phantom World changed by KyoAni ?

The one that's actually a studiol.

>So their par is uninspired bland adaptations
>look mommy, i'm trolling on Sup Forums!
Looks like there's nothing to argue with. Retards like you are boring.

>nobody has pointed out how ridiculous it is to compare a studio that's been doing anime since the 70s to a studio that's been doing anime since the 00s

shut up

Badhouse is literally my dad's used cum rag, not a studio senpai.

Wow generic action shows! Really advancing the medium of animation in interesting ways. This is obviously a troll post, if it was sincere it would have atleast named their worth while projects of Redline, Dennou Coil, and Vampire Hunter D.

>kyoani retard realizes how stupid he was, so he resorts to falseflagging as the OP

>Trigun, Black Lagoon, Hunter X Hunter and Parasyte.
not sure if serious

KyoAnus is literally shit-smeared dildo of your mom, not a studio

It's a ridiculous comparison, but for very different reasons.

The shows KyoAni and Madhouse produce are almost on complete opposite ends of the genre spectrum. It's be silly to compare them to each other.

That was a joke

Madhouse and Kyoani are the only studios that Western populist anime fandom can quote by name, no doubt due to HxH, One Punch Man, Kyoukai no Kanata and Hibike. They're basically the casual, normalfag studios of choice.

>Wow generic action shows!
Try watching them.

>Really advancing the medium of animation in interesting ways
In contrast to Kyoani's "___"

>This is obviously a troll post, if it was sincere it would have atleast named their worth while projects of Redline, Dennou Coil, and Vampire Hunter D.
If you weren't a stupid idiot and chose to actually read, you'd have realized I was highlighting their par-shows. You just highlighted their better shows, which are an echelon or five above Kyoani's average.

It's sad that Madhouse became a bought out whore.

Madhouse and it isn't even close.

Why even try to make a thread about KyoAni? The shitters will rip the thread to shreds.

>western populist fandom
>Kyoukai no Kanata
>Hibike
Guess again.

>Implying that these aren't popular

What techniques do Trigun, Black Lagoon, or Hunter x Hunter use that pushed the medium?
For KyoAni this has an easy answer, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is all animated on 2s. Hyouka's genius spot colouring, K-On's relinquishment of removed adolescence by genius framing. Hibike Euphonium's use of lighting, and Nichijou is one of the most well animated comedy shows of all time, this is all in the span of just this decade.

>My favourite studio kyoani's is the gloriest. Let's see which studio to compare it to

>Sunrise
>They're the wealthiest studio out there with their merchandise sales so probably not
>Ghibli
>Their movies has been recognized worldwide so i'm too afraid..
>Gainax
>They're dead right now but a lot of their old works are solid and are Sup Forums's essentials so i better not say anything
>Production IG
>They've worked on a lot of classics so i better not mess with them..
>Shaft
>I hate them but they have a secure lineup so i don't want to say anything wrong
>Bones
>They've a lot of talented animators plus i'm too scared to argue with Bonesfags
>DEEN
>Their adaptations have been pretty good lately. They've even beaten us last year

>I'll know! I pick Madhouse who's barely even putting out anything these days. That'll show em!

I'm surprised you didn't pick Gonzo, OP. That way you'd get a lot more strawpoll votes on kyoani's side.

I said the THREAD for a reason, smartass

If we're talking about western fandoms, shows like Naruto, Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online and Hunter X Hunter come to mind.

There isn't a single KyoAni show that even comes close to the popularity of those shows in the west.

>Madhouse soundly destroying Kyoani in the poll

Thank god, looks like Sup Forums hasn't been lost to the kyoanus shitters yet.

It's the same 10 people that circlejerk them though.

Hanayamata was underrated.

>techniques
>pushing the medium
Such is the stupidity of a Kyoani idiot. One abstract shot or coloration and your creaming yourself, claiming it's an utterly majestic work of art, no matter how shallow the story or the characters.

Dumbasses like yourself will never learn.

Don't forget White Fox as well. They've been destroying Kyoani in sales for a while now.

> madhouse
A whore with no style

> kyoto animation
A whore with a shitty style

Has KyoAni ever made anything as good as Satoshi Kon's works? Didn't think so.

This is the dumbest comparison I've ever seen OP.

KyoAni can only really be compared with Shaft.

Madhouse never had any talented people who adapt manga so they are always hollow and lazy.

But that's bullshit, people who adapted OPM loved it.

Oh no how could I forget Story and characters. You do know madhouse doesn't have any script writers right?

I love Kyoani but I gotta give it to Madhouse honestly.

This is what KyoAnuslickers ACTUALLY believe.

I love Madhouse but I gotta give it to Kyoani honestly.

I love my dick, but i gotta give it to my ass honestly.

If you loved Craphouse you'd put it to sleep

Tell that to the Kyoani fans in this thread.

That's what Hyouka did to me.

You don't understand madhouse's structure

I love it so much that I enjoy watching it struggle and flop.

Didn't Madhouse outsource to BONES for OPM?

Madhouse gave us greats like Satoshi Kon, Yoshiaki Kawajiri, and Takeshi Koike.

KyoAnus gave us fucking Yamakan.

Good for you, because i can't find to enjoy KyoAnus drivel at all.

How is this even a question? Madhouse for sure.

>it's another school SoL centered around an ordinary high school boy and cute girls
>made by kyoani

>28 people lick kyoanus

I want to fuck those pancakes

Not really, i can't find that much of BONES regulars at OPM. There were lots of talented freelancers at key animations though.

>"no style"
You know nothing about Madhouse do you

That part of his post's true atleast madhouse no longer has any discernable style.

>it's a KyoAni vs X thread

I really, really like this image.

What is it about the OP's post you find so difficult to understand?

Objectively Madhouse.

Picking KyoAnus just means you're a dumb fanboy that belongs on leddit.

They didn't love it enough to do the comedy justice apparently.

Madhouse if only for CCS